Recently Added VideosSee More Recently Added Videos
1 week ago
Future RTX 2015 Attendees!
As you may have heard, this year we are doing ticketed Autograph Sessions at RTX. Does that mean they cost money? No. Not at all.
We've had issues in the past at RTX of too many people trying to get into autograph lines, causing chaos, upset attendees, and a lot of wasted time of people who got there early but still couldn't get in.
In order to keep things as fair and organized as possible, we're allowing all of our attendees to select 1 (one) autograph session to attend. VIP attendees will be able to select 2 (two) before it opens for general attendees.
Q: What if I purchased more than one ticket?
A: You will get emailed passcodes for each ticket you bought (e.g. if you bought 3 tickets, you'll get 3 passcodes). The only complication is, that each passcode needs to be attached to a unique email. So, to prepare, make sure to be ready to give the passcode to the friend/family member you bought the ticket for, so they can redeem it with their email (or, alternatively, sign up for 2 extra email addresses). Confused? Let me know, and I'll try to explain it further.
VIP Attendees: Each pass bought will come with 2 passcodes to redeem, but you'll also need a unique email to redeem each one - so you might want to sign up for an additional email address for this purpose.
Q: Why only one autograph session? That doesn't seem fair.
A: We have tens of thousands of attendees at RTX who all want autographs. Doing 1.5 hour signing sessions allows for about 100 people to get through, and we have around 53-55 sessions total. That means, if each slot was filled, we'd still only be able to see 5300-5500 attendees, which is a very small portion of total attendance. We want to give everyone the opportunity to meet someone. Besides, the best part of RTX is hanging with your awesome community!
We'll be opening up access to tickets to VIP attendees first, then general attendees a day or 2 later. The best way to be notified is through Twitter (although we will also notify you via the RT site, Facebook, and Tumblr)
Follow @RTXEvent on twitter, and we might also suggest turning on tweet notifications for that account if you really want to make sure you're aware.
1 week ago
Just wanted to make a quick post to let you know that, with the site switching over officially to the new one, things will be slow, things will be broken, and you might think this is the end of the world- but the entire tech/web team is working tirelessly to get things in order as soon as possible.
Please be patient and know things will not be perfect for a bit. We appreciate it! Also, help me cheer on our team here who has been working day and night for a long time to get this new home for us!
Adam Director of Technology
1 week ago
A little bit of this
Plus a little bit of that.
- Feature: User Messages migration problem solved. Once we lock RTv1, we'll be able to migrate your 109 million messages.
- Feature: Video CMS for RT Staff.
- Feature: Global HLS video support.
- Feature: RTStaff & Site Admin tools.
- Improvement: API Payment support backend.
- Improvement: Improved the sponsorship system to better track usage of the 1-Month-Free-Trial for abuse monitoring.
- Improvement: Added documentation for the canoical URL within the API.
- Improvement: Sponsorship 1-Month teir final prices.
- Improvement: Added display for sponsor-only episodes within episode block views. (Sponsor Star!)
- Improvement: API now supports the watch list.
- Improvement: Live Streams now have thumbnails for API consumer & Sponsor Gating purposes.
- Improvement: Banning & Banhammering now prompts you "are you sure" before laying down the law.
- Improvement: API video map is now a little cleaner.
- Improvement: API now returns results even if there isn't a tag.
- Improvement: Added support for iTunes/ApplePay plan selections.
- Improvement: Email Signup styling.
- Improvement: Mobile Menu Tweaks (including jumping to sister sites.)
- Improvement: Homepage Sponsor video was a little wierd. Rephrased.
- Improvement: Missing Feeditems no longer kill the entire page, they should now just remove the individual block.
- Improvement: If you fail to insert the correct password to your account, it now recommends you do a password reset.
- Improvement: Players can now be seen playing games.
- Improvement: Added "Manage Following" on your user profile sidebar.
- Improvement: Added search to Games & Groups (pending styling)
- Improvement: Added a more robust day seperator on the schedule page.
- Improvement: Games & Groups are now sorted by popular.
- Improvement: Shows index page is now split between active & retired shows.
- Improvement: Header styles now work in posts, however this might change depending on indexing results.
- Improvement: Default graphics for episodes went in.
- Improvement: Improved messaging for the International store. USA is now included.
- Improvement: Episode blocks now show "WATCHED" if you've watched them. Whoo.
- Improvement: Edit is now a pencil.
- Improvement: Forum admin buttons are now inline. This was surprisingly annoying.
- Improvement: Added "My Profile" under community. Likely going to be removed though, placement seems weird.
- Improvement: Added an edit button in the About Me Section.
- Improvement: Community Dashboard feeds list now says "Users I Follow" instead of "My Feed" for clarity.
- Improvement: API included data is now apart of the body instead of the header.
- Improvement: Homepage Sidebar got some improvements because it was fucky.
- Improvement: Renamed tabs on an show page, We now have Trending & Episodes.
- Improvement: Added date & time to event page.
- Improvement: Fixed a broken cache that was creating new slow queries on every page. Website load time dropped globally dropped 100ms.
- Improvement: Recently Added Videos now paginates and goes back 10 pages. Whoo.
- Bugfix: Fixed a styling bug where feature sponsor would randomly hang out to the side ~50%. Silly Sponsors.
- Bugfix: Store FAQ now takes you to the store FAQ.
- Bugfix: Viewing a profile that is not your own now uses correct verbiage.
- Bugfix: Episode image sizing on mobile, gray bars should be less appearant.
- Bugfix: Fixed a particularly enormous bug causing our caches to get invalidated after 1 second. Huge performance implications.
- Bugfix: Users Last_Login is now properly updated on login.
- Bugfix: Hero Episode is now excluded from featured Episodes.
- Bugfix: Closed a ton of duplicate tickets.
- Bugfix: Multiple matching usernames on Mentions now link properly. The old regex was a tad too forgiving.
- Bugfix: Deleted posts were not deleting subscriptions & feeditems, and therefore would break anyone following that item.
- Bugfix: API got a metric truckload of API fixes & improvements, particularly around sponsoring from the app.
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug related to IOS that allowed you to give your sponsorship to another user. Shame. Shame.
- Bugfix: Removed amp; from slugs.
- Bugfix: Favicon no longer gets lost on all non-root web pages.
- Bugfix: Default Show image was too tall for the homepage video embed.
- Bugfix: The "Hero" video on each site can no longer be sponsor only, to prevent an unwelcoming experience.
- Bugfix: Removed metadata block from the live streams page. Useless information.
- Bugfix: If a user was deleted, all forums they were a part of broke. This is now fixed.
- Bugfix: RT Stores needed Multipass ID instead of username.
- Bugfix: Share menu being under redactor bar fixed.
- Bugfix: Admin pages for FAQ control fixed.
- Bugfix: Now only developers have access to the code profiler.
- Bugfix: Banhammering a user no longer also logs out the administrator.
- Bugfix: Sponsorship page crash issue solved in production (still disabled until tonight)
- Bugfix: Image Upload got broken on certain URL formats.
- Bugfix: API Live Streams are now retrieved based on end_time instead of start_time.
- Bugfix: "Comment" hit zone was the text area, instead of the full button.
- Bugfix: Notification count query was being run twice.
- Bugfix: Fixed a particularly spectacular bug within sponsorship that would charge people in dollars instead of cents. (yay $499 sponsorship!)
- Bugfix: IP Banning was using the client_ip instead of X_FORWARDED_FOR, meaning when we banned people we banned our load balanacers.
- Bugfix: Fixed a bug that allowed private data within JSON ecapulated outputs.
- Bugfix: Fixed a typo that broke editing photo albums.
- Notification Grouping (cause hoooly shit).
- Sponsorship Pages.
- V2 Release.
- Spit shine.
2 weeks ago
As you may have noticed, the schedule of our content on the Rooster Teeth site/YouTube Channel has changed. Here's a breakdown of our new flow, including the new release schedule for live streams:
- RT Shorts / RT Shorts Bloopers
- RTAA (SPONSOR)
- Red vs. Blue
- Rooster Teeth Podcast - Live Stream - (SPONSOR)
- Rooster Teeth Podcast (SPONSOR)
- Rooster Teeth Podcast
- Million Dollars But... (SPONSOR)
- The Patch - Live Stream - (SPONSOR)
- The Patch Game Club - Live Stream - (SPONSOR)
- Million Dollars, But...
- RT Life / Happy Hour (SPONSOR)
- The Patch (SPONSOR)
- The Patch Game Club (SPONSOR)
- On The Spot - Live Stream - (SPONSOR)
- RT Life / Happy Hour
- The Patch
- On The Spot (SPONSOR)
- The Patch Game Club
- X-Ray & Vav / Animated Show (SPONSOR)
- On The Spot
- X-Ray & Vav / Animated Show
- RT Shorts / RT Shorts Bloopers (SPONSOR)
- Red vs. Blue (SPONSOR)
2 weeks ago
Burnie wonders what constitutes a crash for an aircraft, and Gus tells a story about a naughty club he was in with Geoff.
Audio from The Rooster Teeth Podcast: http://roosterteeth.com/podcast/ Like the animated adventure? Check out all of the Rooster Teeth Podcast here: http://bit.ly/1iXPF47