Rooster Teeth has an exciting new opportunity in the Live Action Department for any assistant video editors out there that specialize in reality and narrative content. We are looking to expand our roster of Freelance Editors for several upcoming projects. Applicants should be comfortable working in a creative, fast-paced environment with quick turnaround times on projects. The primary focus of the assistant video editor will be to ingest and organize footage, pull selects, DIT on set and general editorial duties. Some minor editing may be required. An understanding of story, structure and comedy is a must. Please visit our YouTube page for further insight into the content.
● Complete assignments in a timely manner and prepare content for final release
● Manage organization of projects, media and assets throughout the editorial process.
● Execute changes to your edits based off notes from producers, clients and/or management.
● Communicate effectively and respectfully
● 2+ years asst. editing experience
● Adobe Premiere and Adobe Photoshop proficiency (FCPX experience a bonus)
● Strong sense of storytelling and comedic timing
● Desire to further improve skills and techniques
● Strong attention to detail and organizational skills and specific editing workflows
● Knowledge of hardware and software required for video and audio format conversion and compression
● Must have an understanding of video file formats, video analysis and metadata
● Work well within a small team
● Strong will and self-motivation to complete tasks on time
● Understanding of YouTube and internet content needed
● Ability to take on projects on his/her own
Application Submission Instructions:
● Submit a resume and cover letter highlighting your experience and abilities
● Provide a web link to a sample of your work. All videos must be linked in their entirety. Montage reels for an editor position will not be viewed.
● All documents must be submitted as .PDFs
ABOUT ROOSTER TEETH:
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering studio responsible for some of the biggest online series in history, such as the award-winning and longest-running web series, Red vs. Blue. They also produce the globally acclaimed animated series RWBY, the first western anime series to be distributed in Japan; the award-winning Rooster Teeth Podcast; and Immersion, a reality format that brings video game theory to the real world. Rooster Teeth has a massive global footprint of more than 25 million subscribers to its YouTube Network, 3 million unique monthly visitors to its RoosterTeeth.com hub and 1.8 million registered community members. The company was founded in 2003, and is now a subsidiary of Fullscreen, Inc., a global youth media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at RoosterTeeth.com.