Rooster Teeth Productions is looking for a Video Production Intern to become a part of our Achievement Hunter team in Austin, TX. You will be exposed to all areas of the business via a solid foundation of learning through training and work experience. We’re looking for fun, energetic, skilled college students who want to learn the ins and outs of online video production. We also have the need for production assistance on studio and field productions as well as post production with both live action and video game gameplay. This could include live sound recording, studio camera work, and production assistance, as well as general help in maintaining equipment in the studio. This is available to students who are currently enrolled in a film program in college/university. Applicants are required to get school credit. We record 14 episodes of our various shows a week. In the last month, these broadcasts have accumulated over 40 million views across youtube (excluding our website views). We currently utilize the latest in professional video equipment including a Elgato capture devices, Alesis audio mixers, Sony HDcams and Audio-Technica standing microphones. We also use the 2015 Adobe Creative Suite to utilize Premiere, Audition and Photoshop for our post-production needs.
- Research video games (game type, plot, release date, DLC, etc.)
- Constructing and testing unique game modes in certain video games
- Gather assets for the original programming (video files, pictures, music, etc.)
- Convert video, music, and image files into formats suitable for editing
- Edit short videos such as samples and promos using Abode Premiere
- Participate in video game recordings and capture
- Various office duties
- Currently enrolled in college and taking the internship for course credit (You must provide a letter of verification)
- Must be in the Austin area
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere CC 2015, Audition, Photoshop, etc.) and Google Docs.
- Some knowledge of video games (retro to current gen.)
- Good understanding of navigating the internet (social media savvy)
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Hard working and driven
Rooster Teeth is a pioneering creative production studio responsible for award-winning online videos such as "Red vs. Blue," the longest-running web series in history; globally acclaimed animated series "RWBY;" comedy gamer series, "The Gauntlet;" comedy series "Rooster Teeth Shorts;" and "Immersion," a show that tests video game concepts in the real world. Rooster Teeth founded and operates "Achievement Hunter," the popular gaming website, and produces the award-winning "Rooster Teeth Podcast," voted Best Gaming Podcast at the 2013 Podcast Awards. With a dedicated worldwide fan community, Rooster Teeth created RTX, an annual gaming and Internet convention held in Austin, TX, which attracts tens of thousands of gamers, online video fans and Rooster Teeth community members from around the world. The Rooster Teeth YouTube channel became the 4th most viewed YouTube channel in the world (non-music) in 2013. The Rooster Teeth multi-channel network has over 20 million YouTube subscribers and more than 5 billion views, and the Rooster Teeth website has 3 million unique monthly visitors with 1.8 million registered community members. Founded by Matt Hullum and Burnie Burns, Rooster Teeth is a subsidiary of Fullscreen, Inc., a global media company that develops online creators and produces multi-platform entertainment experiences. Discover more at http://www.roosterteeth.com.