Forums > Board Games & Tabletop Games

The Unofficial RWBY Tabletop

Posts (13)

• EnderofThing

EnderofThing FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32879595 - 3 years ago

I have seen how many of these Tabletop Games set in RWBY have been floating around, so I figure I needed to show off my own project. It is an entirely standalone system, no prior knowledge of a specific game system is required, and was built from the ground up specifically for RWBY. It is extremely easy to pick up, making your first character and understanding all the rules takes less than 30 minutes, with every subsequent character taking less than 5. Players have enourmous freedom to make the characters they want, weapon classes are broad and overlapping, and GMs are given the tools to make nearly any Semblance brought to the table viable.

And for those interested we also have a Subreddit dedicated to all things RWBY and Tabletops over at https://www.reddit.com/r/Rwbytabletop, so even if this game isnt your style, you can find one that fits your needs.

Patches and Updates:

August 2015 http://www.mediafire.com/view/ac39268598lqgk8/RWBY...

October 2015: http://www.mediafire.com/download/n004hzhh3nc0vdn/...
    February 2016: http://www.mediafire.com/download/k9x39j3limnkisq/...

June 2016: http://www.mediafire.com/download/o1ucfcoi4fq4ymr/...
    October 2016: http://www.mediafire.com/file/knl7zdmdvq21j8n/RWBY_Book-October_Vol_4.pdf

• HappyCiclops

HappyCiclops FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33064508 - 3 years ago

looks cool

• EnderofThing

EnderofThing FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33064602 - 3 years ago

This version is obsolete. The newest updates can be found in the subreddit above.

• Xaryn

Xaryn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33132711 - 3 years ago

I've just started a game of this with some friends! It's been cool, and I'm looking forward to more, you did a great job with it! As someone who's never played a tabletop RPG, this was very easy to pick up and start playing.

• EnderofThing

#33133453 - 3 years ago

In reply to Xaryn

New update comes tomorrow, keep your eyes peeled

• GingahNinja47

GingahNinja47

#33184316 - 2 years ago

In reply to EnderofThing

This is my new favorite tabletop, and I love D&D. I actually uploaded a couple of the characters I made for it to the RWBY Fanon wiki, but I found their core guidelines unsatisfactory. So now URTG has its own wikia! rwbytabletop.wikia.com

• Shachihoko

Shachihoko

#33222357 - 2 years ago

Glad to see people are still pursuing tabletop adaptations of RWBY! I looked at the (old?) version on MediaFire, and even though it's an older version, it looks fairly promising - the layout and rules are pretty inviting, and I think you hit a good balance between numbers and flexibility. I haven't looked as deeply into the subreddit (yet), but I may do so at some point.

I've been working (very, very intermittently) on my own RWBY tabletop RPG, as well; if I ever get that into a presentable form I'll be happy to hear your own thoughts.

• ZeroTheGrimm

ZeroTheGrimm FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33292578 - 2 years ago

Really want to play this...

• MisterJT

MisterJT

#33303049 - 2 years ago

In reply to ZeroTheGrimm

I want to get in on a game too.  Someone start an LFG thread!

• MikeKee

MikeKee FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33328656 - 2 years ago

Looks interesting - been playing tabletop rpgs since 1976 when I was 14. Will def check this out :)

• Masterweaver

Masterweaver FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Teller of Tales and Bard

#33368775 - 2 years ago

In reply to EnderofThing

The system looks nice, very well balanced and thought out. However...

The layout of the book itself seems somewhat fragmented. While I was reading it, it felt like there was a lot of sections out of order, and very little attempt to make things easier to understand. It's definitely written for experienced role-players. It also didn't quite feel like a RWBY system, more like a system that could be used to play RWBY.

My advice would be to rearrange things just a touch, make it less jumpy-around. I can't quite point out what should go where, but in general explaining the mechanics before providing the options seems to be the route to go. Maybe add a little more fluff with canon characters--"Blake wants to sneak past the guards, so she rolls stealth: Seventeen, a success. She silently slips between their patrols." Maybe a lore chapter or two, yes we're all fans of the show which is exactly why you should spend some time talking about how Mistral is rich but corrupt or how Atlas is military etc. And for people who want to play as characters from the show, stick in premades of RWBY and JNPR in the back; if nothing else, it'll provide reference.

I collect systems, read them through, compare them. I've worked on a couple, though nothing really official like this. I think this is a good idea, it just needs some polish in the presentation.

• Masterweaver

Masterweaver FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Teller of Tales and Bard

#33539933 - 1 year ago

So, I made a digital character sheet for people who want to play. Comes free with eight test drives: RWBY and JNPR.

• Masterweaver

#33540398 - 1 year ago

And I've just gotten done updating it with eighteen more test drives! CFVY, Penny and Winter, Sun and Neptune, and the Branwen twins! Woooo.