Forums > General Discussion

The Oxford Comma Cafe

Posts (44624)

• SailorGirl81

SailorGirl81 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper Of Kittens

#33566249 - 8 months ago

In reply to LCPeter

An internet's worth of kittens!

• RogueMusicFreak

RogueMusicFreak FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of Rhythm

#33566250 - 8 months ago

Good afternoon, everyone. I'm new here in this forum. Nice to meet you. 

• RWBimbie

RWBimbie Keeper of Poems

#33566251 - 8 months ago

Howdy yall

As the days get warmer, I find myself once again looking at ways to cool the house more passively than the AC.  There has got to be a way to use a 100w solar panel, a Peltier plate, and heatsink fans on a wall or window passthru to move heat out of the house.

I should try running the computer outside in the hot air, to test how well the cpu can keep <65c when it has to use 30-40c air to cool with.  I dont want to give up on using water cooling for the computer with the radiator outside.  Heck, I could put the Peltier on that and chill the water as it goes back into the house... just need to have it release that coolness before it gets to the computer to avoid condensation 

• Izayer

Izayer FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of Stories

#33566266 - 8 months ago

In reply to RogueMusicFreak

Commence the breakfast ritual. 

• Toptoast

Toptoast FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of the Breakfast

#33566269 - 8 months ago

Welcome to the OCC! here's your complimentary breakfast!

aa0d0c7554eb5e4aefb8dffac5b35e80.jpg

• Lamkia

Lamkia FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of Snarky Sarcasm

#33566273 - 8 months ago

Hello! I think I saw you in the RT Radio chat briefly on Thursday, right?

Anyway, as a newbie I suggest you follow the dotted line down this corridor with the 'atmospheric' lighting and make yourself comfortable in the chair. Don't worry about the random deep howling noises, it's just Fred next door.

Meanwhile we will prepare the blades.

6c03a21f5b33f8ed16aa1d759b839315.gif

Oh wait, wrong blade....

In reply to ajchuri

I'm sure the analytics skills will help at some point in the future, so it might not be a complete waste of time.

• AgentWashingtub008

AgentWashingtub008 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Crackpot of Coffee

#33566274 - 8 months ago

How do you take your coffee?

Today's special is the Shadow Stack on the Rocks. Three different dark roast shots percolated in Oregon coast rain water and served over large ice chunks.

• Izayer

Izayer FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of Stories

#33566307 - 8 months ago

Ahh yes. Another RT Radio goer submits to the mighty OCC. 

• Joron093

Joron093 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of The Forges

#33566310 - 8 months ago

In reply to Izayer

World domination will soon be ours.

• Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of Logics

#33566314 - 8 months ago

Welcome to the best forum around. We've got real conversations, sub-forums, and we can argue while still being friends. 

Good to have you.

• Izayer

#33566327 - 8 months ago

In reply to Ratatoskr

Welcome to the best forum around. We've got real conversations, sub-forums, and we can argue while still being friends. 

Good to have you.

I think that's the best description for the OCC. "Where you can argue and still be friends". 

• ArnettV

ArnettV FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gif Addict

#33566346 - 8 months ago

In reply to Izayer

If you can't argue with your friends, you're not doing it right.

• Toptoast

Toptoast FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of the Breakfast

#33566349 - 8 months ago

In reply to ArnettV

Yeah, you can do things like this:

@Izayer

1v1 me in Runscape bruh, I'll reck u scrub.

• Izayer

#33566351 - 8 months ago

In reply to Toptoast

A man, no need for all that hostility. If anything we should go way back 1v1 pistols only Halo: Combat Evolved. 

• RWBimbie

RWBimbie Keeper of Poems

#33566354 - 8 months ago

In reply to Izayer

Take it all the way back:

PONG, green screen & keyboard only

Who's up for some multiplayer co-op Lemonade Stand gaming this weekend?

I got a bunch of extra T's and Terminators, so we can IPX lan party.

• Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of Logics

#33566356 - 8 months ago

In reply to Izayer

In reply to Toptoast

Currently taking bets....

• Toptoast

#33566357 - 8 months ago

In reply to Izayer

..but I don't have Halo CE and do have Runescape....

How can I 1v1 you?

• Ratatoskr

#33566359 - 8 months ago

In reply to Toptoast

Hand to hand?

9052920f10427c6a84d27ca56ae189c5.jpg

• Toptoast

#33566362 - 8 months ago

In reply to Ratatoskr

Perhaps duel?

T9oCh59.gif

• Ratatoskr

#33566363 - 8 months ago

In reply to Toptoast

As long as I make book.

• Lamkia

Lamkia FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of Snarky Sarcasm

#33566372 - 8 months ago

In reply to Toptoast

As someone who had 7 semesters of art history, I really like this gif.

Anyone have any unique Easter plans?

I plan on locking myself in on Monday morning to avoid the beat stick tradition.

Seriously don't understand why it's still a thing.

• Joron093

Joron093 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of The Forges

#33566377 - 8 months ago

In reply to Lamkia

Dinner with the grandparents is about the extent of my plans for Easter.  

"The beat stick tradition" this is the same one where guys go around switching girls right, or is this another tradition where people beat each other with sticks?  Because I remember you mentioning it before and yeah that's an odd one to me, especially when all the holidays in the US, that I'm familiar with, involve giving free candy to kids.

• Lamkia

#33566388 - 8 months ago

In reply to Joron093

Yup, still the same one. 

Guys, gather your stick of braided twigs and smack all the ladies round the block while reciting some song-thing and then girls, make sure you give them a shot of your best alcohol after because how else are they supposed to fuel their whipping sprees?? Underage? Oh well, just give him some chocolates at least.

MmEz_f-maxage-0.gif

This year interestingly enough I had two professors ask whether there were any people not following the tradition anymore so it looks like not everyone likes it.

If it weren't for the smacking, it would be cool. Like have people go around and wave a stick over our heads or whatever and recite the little song, that'd even be kinda adorable.

Wikipedia says that it's supposed to give girls good luck and have guys show interest in them. Also says it's not supposed to harm girls, but I know guys will whip girls good.

There's another part of the tradition I've heard that's even worse, but I don't see it described anywhere online and no one does that part anymore, so there's that at least.

Hope you guys have a nice Easter dinner!

• RWBimbie

RWBimbie Keeper of Poems

#33566403 - 8 months ago

Cant they update that tradition to foamy Nerf guns

... and the girls get badminton rackets to try to bop them back at the boys.   

• Lamkia

#33566410 - 8 months ago

In reply to RWBimbie

I would love this. 

But I know I would also be a little jealous of the guys because I'd want to do the pew pewing too :P But using racket skills to send them flying back at their faces? I'll take that challenge.