Forums > General Discussion

The Oxford Comma Cafe

Posts (34816)

• Fly

Fly FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of Blades

#33565861 - 2 weeks ago

The Zelda is low...

We need Mo'zelda

• Newromancer

Newromancer

#33565862 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Radius55

That was very good. It flowed well, the voice of the character was distinct, and it most certainly made its point. 

• Shadow5435

Shadow5435 The Truth

#33565869 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Fly

Funny you should mention that first one, because there is a sequence in the episode eight trailer that is pretty much identical. 

• grimnismal

grimnismal

#33565870 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Radius55

I have to ask after reading this if you've read any books by Iain M Banks? The idea of what exactly the name of a ship means made me immediately think of his works.

• caleb

caleb FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Social Media Manager

#33565872 - 2 weeks ago

HOW WE CHOOSE OUR CONTENT WINDOWS: A FRIDAY DATA DUMP

• Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of Logics

#33565874 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Radius55

I'm trying to decide how cold the delivery should be. "Pale Horse", kind of frames that perfectly.

The line: "You drove us to this" feels like it needs a echo later on, maybe in the second to last paragraph. Not necessary, by any means, but the end could call back to this sentiment.

I'm not in a clear head for reading the voice, but I don't see any stops or hard changes that would stop that coming through.

It's good work! I'm kind of curious what a post-war sequel would look like.

• Lamkia

Lamkia FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of Snarky Sarcasm

#33565879 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to caleb

More than 95% of people who watch content on RoosterTeeth.com are already logged-in FIRST members

Wow, really? Never would've thought that.

Very insightful read, especially with the recent window change update. Thanks for the link!

• AgentWashingtub008

AgentWashingtub008 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Crackpot of Coffee

#33565883 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to caleb

Yes, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

• caleb

caleb FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Social Media Manager

#33565887 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Lamkia

Yup. That's why we constantly aim for more/better FIRST content. 

• ArnettV

ArnettV FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gif Addict

#33565904 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to caleb

That's interesting. Didn't realize there were that many FIRST members. Awesome!

• SailorGirl81

SailorGirl81 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper Of Kittens

#33565911 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Radius55

I liked it. It had a classic sci fi story feel to it. 

In reply to LCPeter

I AM "Keeper of Kittens"

All: In respect to those who do not wish to watch the Star Wars Trailer, have not seen it or are trying to avoid it, could people please use spoiler tags and not post spoilery pictures? 

THANKS

• Priest

Priest FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold NonSequitur OCC Consular

#33565941 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to caleb

I like statistics. I like trends. More of this, please. I'd like to think of us as proxy investors in RT, and I'd love to have an executive dashboard showing stuff like this. @Desayjin, I think you'd have some great ideas on this.

I just realized it happened. My job has improved me. I used to HATE math and graphs, but being an analyst for the past three years, data fascinates me now.

• caleb

#33565949 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Priest

Nerd

• Priest

Priest FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold NonSequitur OCC Consular

#33565957 - 2 weeks ago

BTW, I thought you'd like a picture that I took today.

Ku4YUew.jpg

• AgentWashingtub008

AgentWashingtub008 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Crackpot of Coffee

#33565959 - 2 weeks ago

Sooo....  What you're say'n is...  I am Groot.

• Priest

#33565960 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to AgentWashingtub008

I am literally watching Guardians of the Galaxy RIGHT NOW AS WE SPEAK.  Are you me?

• RWBimbie

RWBimbie Keeper of Poems

#33565971 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Lamkia

In reply to caleb

More than 95% of people who watch content on RoosterTeeth.com are already logged-in FIRST members

Wow, really? Never would've thought that.

Its a testament as to how FEW "members' of the community are left.

"Watch Content" is the key.

Fans (Sponsor or not) that dont care about Community watch content,

its the members that drive the Community thats important.  I spend less than 5% of my time at the site 'watching content".  And I am someone that has given up on the community

I recently made a comment on someone calling Site Members 'Freeloaders" That dont pay for sponsoring.  I made the comparison to Twitter And Facebook "freeloaders" that dont pay.

Yet its Twitter & FB that get invited to Mastication Party, they get invited to The Know live streams, they get told a week before Sponsors about RTXLondon... etc

Who are the "Freeloaders"?

Members that let RT get add revenue by coming to the site, to be ignored by RT?

Or Twitter/FB/etc freeloaders that let THOSE companies get revenue for all the attention and affection they get... that the site doesnt get?

• Toptoast

Toptoast FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of the Breakfast

#33565973 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Priest

a6a340a7a4d3ab70b8546bdd3db5cdb6.jpg

• ArnettV

ArnettV FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gif Addict

#33565979 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Toptoast

I'm getting some mixed signals here...

• Toptoast

Toptoast FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of the Breakfast

#33565988 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to ArnettV

stop-signs-58b8d0b55f9b58af5c8e28d6.jpg

• AgentWashingtub008

#33565995 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Priest

We are Groot [grabs bomb and runs past the stop signs ]

• Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of Logics

#33566058 - 2 weeks ago

Finally started the new season Mystery Science Theater 3000. This feeling... is this... joy?

Cutting, energetic, a little uneven. This feels like the original.

• ArnettV

#33566106 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Toptoast

Welp, I guess that means I dissolve into dust. Nice knowing y'all!

• ArnettV

#33566107 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to ArnettV

I just used the word "y'all"

Gross...

• LCPeter

LCPeter

#33566223 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to SailorGirl81

How many kittens?

In reply to Fly

Whaaaat? Next you'll be telling me we landed on the moon!