Forums > General Discussion

New Rooster Teeth Video Platform - Beta Testers Unite!

Posts (359)

• corviarts

corviarts Corvus A. Valentine

#33697028 - 4 months ago

It looked amazing. I like it! :)

• EricHVela

EricHVela FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

#33697207 - 4 months ago

I flagged uncountable numbers of spam posts on this site to provide an example why the new site will need a lot more prerequisites before members start creating new content. While spam comments on videos hasn't been too bad here, the way that spammers migrate between areas that are clamped from spam means that it will get noticed if that avenue of attack isn't likewise protected.

Of course, the prerequisites need to be fun, rewarding, and community-encouraging, but they also need to waste the time of any spammer whose primary goal is to post links as many times as possible as fast as possible - often relying on bots to periodically post spam to avoid flood controls.

I think it needs to extend to posting comments on videos, too. It is part of the social aspect of the site - the target of spammers. Given that it's by invitation-only right now, there's no way to gauge what kind of spam attacks it'll receive.

Whatever they're planning, I hope that they're considering a way to link a prerequisite system (like the old Karma system was) into video comments, too.

EDIT: Yes. I requested this as a suggestion.

• Chelsea

Chelsea FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RT Community Manager

#33697209 - 4 months ago

In reply to mattfaltz

Ooh that's a good point. Are you thinking something like on Netflix when you add an entire TV Show to your watch list and then you can just watch through that (click the show in your watch list and it just starts playing from where you left off in the series)? Or are you thinking like, when you add "Red vs. Blue" all the episodes pop in and fill out individually?

Have you submitted that suggestion?

• EricHVela

EricHVela FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope.

#33697236 - 4 months ago

Still getting feedback from the team for requests. It seems like such a minor thing, but "Squeeeee!" laughing Love it. green_heart

• coolandchill

coolandchill FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Do everything

#33697275 - 4 months ago

I am beyond happy that when I leave a video, it picks up where I left off. I am excited to see the features of the community section, as I will try to be most focused on that aspect of the site. Home page is a bit overwhelming, but I'm sure it just takes some getting used to. Site looks far better, though!

• mattfaltz

mattfaltz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33697400 - 4 months ago

In reply to Chelsea Yep I submitted it! I was thinking of the RVB example you used, where when you add a "show" to the watchlist, all the episodes added to that "show" from that point on are automatically added to the watchlist going forward (or if you like a "channel" enough, you could add the "channel" to the watchlist and everything under that "channel" gets added to the watchlist).

For example, I watch most of the AH and Funhaus videos, and mainly only watch the Alternative Lifestyle series from SP7. Currently on RT I have to go to each groups page and look at the recently added videos to find their new uploads, where on YouTube I can subscribe to their channels and all their uploads automatically appear in YT's subscription page in the order they were uploaded (and only from my subscriptions). 

If RT implemented a system like YouTube, I would add AH and FH's "channel" to my watchlist to get all of their videos added to it, and I would add the Alternative Lifestyle "show" to my watchlist to only get that show from SP7's channel. This way all their new uploads appear there on 1 page instead of up to 3.

I hope this makes sense, I feel that this could be easier for users to find the specific content that they like by going to one page instead of multiple pages, and it would be a more effective way of making sure users don't miss specific series (like Backwardz Compatible and other once a week series like that).

Thanks!

• Rhuri

Rhuri FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33698749 - 4 months ago

Still having issues with the video player on Chrome. Buffers every few seconds still. Tried it on Edge and Firefox and while it runs smoothly you can't change the video quality.

• EricHVela

#33699209 - 4 months ago

Looks like notifications are firing. I don't know if they're pushed right now. I don't know when they were started, but the last two publications from shows on my watchlist showed up in the notifications when I popped into the svod site. I'll give it a bit before any feedback as it just started for me.

(Still missing some Glitch, Please stuff at the svod site, but GP:NG+ episode 35 appeared there despite GP latest being 33 at the svod site.)

• EricHVela

#33699210 - 4 months ago

In reply to Rhuri

I'm not getting buffering on Chrome. I also manually set it to 1080p, too. (Little gear stops spinning when the change is finalized.) Yet, it always has to switch to 1080p despite it remembering the setting. (Always starts with the gear spinning and a lower resolution but will switch to 1080p shortly after starting. Not using Auto setting.)

[Microsoft Surface Pro 4 16GB RAM i7, Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 1709 (16299.192) 64-bit, Google Chrome 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) 64-bit]

• Urethralbead

Urethralbead

#33699253 - 4 months ago

Been using it for 5 minutes and I don't like it already.

It looks like a netflix clone and their UI is awful. There's too much on the screen at once. I watch RT content on youtube for that reason alone, their UI is simple, and the 'recommended' tab at the side is simple and does the job. 

- No ability to filter shows by particular people (i.e. if I wanna see all content Gavin is in, there's no 'gavin' tag etc)

- No ability to filter out a particular show, so if I click 'series' I am looking at newest episodes for every series and there's no customisation options. 

- When I click on a particular series it automatically shows season 1 episode 1 as the first episode I can watch however if I click on channels > channelname it shows the most recent episodes. IMO clicking a show should default to the newest episode of the newest series or at least show a filter for newest/oldest like the very front page does. 

• EricHVela

#33699286 - 4 months ago

In reply to Urethralbead

Be sure to make General Feedback requests for these suggestions. (Use the little word-bubble icon at the top of the page.) It would be extra work for the devs to comb this thread and create requests based on them.

I received a response for a suggestion that the layout will likely have a severe overhaul. If you have suggestions, now's the time to let them know. Try to keep it to one issue at a time per request - no digests that would require them to create separate requests for each issue.

• Twindolynn

Twindolynn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Kae 2.0 & Jay 1.0

#33699307 - 4 months ago

Is there a way to make the live stream chat available on mobile browsers? 

Other than that, I love how fictional the site is on mobile

• Chelsea

Chelsea FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RT Community Manager

#33699457 - 4 months ago

In reply to Twindolynn

Hmm... @revelsrouser - do you know anything about this?

• revelsrouser

revelsrouser FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold twitter.com/revelsrouser

#33699465 - 4 months ago

In reply to Twindolynn I'm glad to hear you are digging the mobile experience so far! Sadly, chat is virtually impossible to implement on mobile web, but it will be included in our new native apps which are currently in development.

• Polkiu123

Polkiu123 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33699466 - 4 months ago

Whenever I go to a series it only pulls up the first 20 episodes of a season. So like series that do a once a week thing I can only see the first 20 of a year, instead of the 50ish that are made. It is set up with first 5 shows on the screen and has an arrow to view the next 5, but after the 4th set of videos it goes back to the first 5. Is there something wrong or can I find the rest somewhere else?

• SailorGirl81

SailorGirl81 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper Of Kittens

#33699469 - 4 months ago

Hmmm, why am I just now finding out about this forum? 

I'm still encountering the spinning circle when I try to play some videos. I've already reported this once via the bug report mechanism. 

I have to say,there's not a lot for me to do on the beta site. All it's good for is to watch videos. I can do that on the regular site.  

The live chat during  live stream is nice, but as shown by the influx of so many people during the last podcast, once you get a certain number of people posting it just becomes a wall of moving text too fast to read.  I tried to scroll up and read but it kept auto scrolling despite my best efforts, so I gave up. 

• revelsrouser

revelsrouser FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold twitter.com/revelsrouser

#33699478 - 4 months ago

In reply to Polkiu123 Thanks for your feedback! We are aware of this issue and it is one of our top priorities. Changes to the UI and backend bug fixes which should solve this problem are currently in development.

• EricHVela

#33699482 - 4 months ago

Note: You can register an account with the bug-reporting site. If you use the same email as the ones in your requests, it'll keep track of all the bug reports and suggestions that you created and give you their status. If you are registered, you can also add comments to your requests after submitting.

Be aware that the bug report seems to only accept one copy-pasted screenshot for the whole request, even if a new one is included in a comment. It'll always use the last screenshot for every instance in the request. Don't use copy-paste if you need to attach more than one screenshot.

Registering with that site helps me a lot because my memory is really bad and I can see what I already mentioned. It also lets me cross-reference requests by letting me easily see the request numbers.

It does not currently let us search other users' requests to avoid duplication with others. So for now, I recommend submitting your bugs and suggestions even if you'd think someone else would have done so on that issue. Better to be certain.

Also: Be sure to check the page with the submission form before submitting a bug. It will sometimes include a notice about a wide-spread bug that they're already aware of.

EDIT: PS. It shouldn't need to be said, but keep your personal information safe. Be sure to check your screenshots to keep any private information out of them. This will become extra important if we are ever allowed the ability to search requests by other users.

• kingdannyt

kingdannyt FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33699489 - 4 months ago

So I just got my beta invite, and i'm not sure if this has been mentioned but one thing right off the bat that I don't like is how I have to click "channels" to navigate from RT to Funhaus to AH etc. Yeah I could scroll down all the way to find them but I liked how all of them were just up at the top ready to click in the old site.

• catseye

catseye FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33699493 - 4 months ago

I haven’t had much time to really dig into the site yet..I’m working two jobs at the moment  confounded  (coincdentally I do this sorta thing for a living so I’m eager to submit my thoughts) 

Just a few things I noticed immediately..

I found the homepage to be overwhelming...it’s super video heavy making the page slow to load, but more importantly it’s difficult to navigate quickly, your eyes are drawn every which way. I like how the current website has a bar of featured videos and no more..just enough to perk a users interest.  The homepage should be a rendezvous point, a place to get your bearings...not ‘this is 50 of our newest videos’ lol

The navigation tool on the left could use a little life..I work a lot with databases and records management and use the crap out of the navigation tools.. I think for a media heavy website with years worth of content the navigation tool will be heavily used...I need to ponder this one a bit when not at work..I have many thoughts on this.

The live stream chat is pretty great, I really enjoyed using it, and if RT staff are going to make regular appearances this might be incentive for more first members (from a marketing point of view)  My only issue is the tiny text, if in the settings we could make it larger. I also found it impossible to scroll up and read missed comments because it would bring you back to the bottom the second someone posted. 

• natethomas

natethomas FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Kodi Project Manager

#33699500 - 4 months ago

Is achievement hunter supposed to only be updated to the 25th? 

• AgentWashingtub008

AgentWashingtub008 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Crackpot of Coffee

#33699501 - 4 months ago

Well, thankfully someone helped me find this place because digging wasn't working.

I'm just setting up my camp with this post, but tonight I'll should be able to check back in on the beta and get in on the conversation.

• Chelsea

#33699512 - 4 months ago

Hey y'all!

Tonight at 4:00 p.m. Central Dude Soup will be live on the Beta site - HERE. Lawrence and other people from Funhaus are going to be trying to pay attention to chat again (remember, it's a slow process as we learn how to interact with a new system into our already established shows). If you can jump in for a few minutes and hang out, that'd be epic! 

• AgentWashingtub008

AgentWashingtub008 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Crackpot of Coffee

#33699940 - 4 months ago

So, I currently can't watch videos on the Beta site.  At all.  If I click a link to a video's page, I briefly see the barest bits of the page but featuring Japanese characters and then the page goes blank.  Refreshing doesn't help.

Anyone else have this problem?

Detailed information:

Device: Laptop

Browser: Edge

(I have an OS update from two days ago I could download.)

• EricHVela

#33699976 - 4 months ago

In reply to AgentWashingtub008

I didn't have any issues last night and no issues this morning, but I wasn't online at midnight (Rooster Teeth Standard Time).