Forums > General Discussion

New Rooster Teeth Video Platform - Beta Testers Unite!

Posts (399)

• EricHVela

EricHVela FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Don't be a divider.

#33699980 - 7 months ago

Hey, Beta-ers! Be sure to follow @mikequinn and @kickme444 (Dan) on this site for updates about the new site (and other fun stuff, too). They may include issues that are known and being worked on so we won't need to submit bug report requests about them.

• AgentWashingtub008

AgentWashingtub008 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Crackpot of Coffee

#33700033 - 7 months ago

In reply to EricHVela

It was only 10 pst for me, though you have a point.

• revelsrouser

revelsrouser FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold twitter.com/revelsrouser

#33700086 - 7 months ago

In reply to AgentWashingtub008 Well that's a weird bug that hasn't been reported before... We are looking into this now. It sounds like that may be an over-aggressive ad blocker. Can you try disabling and see if it's still an issue? If so, just let me know or report it as a bug via the ! icon in the top right. I want to make sure this gets fixed asap. Sorry about that! We are on it.

• revelsrouser

revelsrouser FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold twitter.com/revelsrouser

#33700092 - 7 months ago

In reply to mattfaltz I am working on an overhaul for watchlist now. I'm thinking that the behavior for a series level will be something like "Follow Series". I want this to be part of a bigger release involving playlists, so stay tuned!

• AgentWashingtub008

AgentWashingtub008 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Crackpot of Coffee

#33700107 - 7 months ago

In reply to revelsrouser

I do not use an Ad blocker.

I do have Norton, but that has not been a problem for the past two-ish weeks of the Beta being live.

I can try the Beta site tonight after work.

• revelsrouser

#33700110 - 7 months ago

In reply to AgentWashingtub008 Yeah please let me know. We are looking into this now. Trying to fix a bug like this is a bit like trying to solve a murder mystery where you are the murderer...

• EricHVela

EricHVela FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Don't be a divider.

#33700114 - 7 months ago

In reply to AgentWashingtub008

Try to give them a screenshot.

In Windows: Use Alt-PrtScn with the application window active to take a screenshot of just that application window - making sure none of your private information is showing in the window. Open the bug report form. Press Ctrl+V to attach it to the request. (You can attach only one picture to the request with this method - even if you add a comment. It'll replace all pasted pictures with the last picture pasted to the request or comment. I don't know about saving images with different filenames and uploading them, though. I used an image hosting site with a link when I needed to show more than one screenshot for a single issue.)

In reply to revelsrouser

Tell me about it. I get a request, I show up, they try it in front of me, and it works. I know something went wrong, but without replication, it's really, really difficult to diagnose. I don't want to assume that it was an error between keyboard and chair, and it bugs me to no end.

• AgentWashingtub008

#33700130 - 7 months ago

In reply to EricHVela

I'd love to, though the Japanese page is under a second and it literally is a normal window with dark gray where the page should be. And, I don't have access at the moment. I used this process to report a Search issue.

On the technical side, edge has a nifty web note feature for this too.

• EricHVela

#33700140 - 7 months ago

Well.... There is another option in Windows 10, but it's a bit unorthodox.

Game Mode. Use the [Win]+G with Edge open and active as a window to pop up the Game Bar, and configure Game Mode to be enabled for the application through the gear icon. Exit Edge to save the changes. Go into the DVR settings from Windows Settings > Gaming. Turn on Background Recording. Set a period of time of the video history for it to keep for saving (up to 10 minutes).

Then, when something happens and you can't get a screenshot, you can use the Game Bar to save the previous time length that you set as a video file. You can't paste that into the report, but you can upload it as a file attachment. (You might need to put it in a compressed folder [.zip] first.) The recording only uses the active window that popped up the game bar and not the full screen. If there was a separate, child window that opened and closed, though, it would not record that.

I've never done that, but it might work. In theory, it should work for any windowed application regardless if it's a game or not.

• EricHVela

#33700183 - 7 months ago

Using what I described above with Chrome, I was able to capture a situation where an image would appear and everything would go blank. I submitted request with a link to an imgur MP4 video for the example. I don't think you can upload anything other than an image to the request itself.

There was also another issue (different request) where I recorded a demonstration of the problem. Also referenced by a link to an imgur MP4 video.

So, there's an option to catch those quick bugs or hard-to-describe things if you have Windows 10 (1709 or later).

• AgentWashingtub008

#33700456 - 7 months ago

Hey, checking in (last night go busy).  I was able to do a simple report of the bug yesterday real quick and I got the message saying it was all fixed.  I checked it out and I can watch videos on the beta again.  Just letting you all know.

Thanks for the fast response time. 

• revelsrouser

#33700486 - 7 months ago

In reply to AgentWashingtub008 That's what we're here for! 

• Treanomaly

Treanomaly Absolute Travist

#33702858 - 7 months ago

I haven't used it all that much other than to just watch the latest videos but it's working fine for me. Apart from the quality dips down while watching videos, but that could be the connection I'm on. I like that it remembers where I was in a video when I accidentally bump a button and it goes to another page. I've only used it on Chrome so far so I might try the other browsers to see if they work as well also. 

• EricHVela

#33702923 - 7 months ago

In reply to Treanomaly

If I leave it on auto, the quality drops for no reason that I know because forcing the quality never hitches or skips or changes quality.

Also, forcing 4K makes everything available only in a lesser quality go to auto. Forcing 1080 makes everything available only at lesser quality switch to auto. I would prefer the quality, if forced, to be the highest quality up to the chosen forced quality instead of changing to auto if the chosen quality is not available.

These are things that I need to request, but I've been busy. The latter is definitely a suggestion, not a bug. The former, I don't quite know how to qualify it, yet. I could still be meeting a criteria that makes the video player panic and lower quality just to be on the safe side even though it doesn't need to do it, or it could be a bug making the quality drop for no reason at all.

• Treanomaly

Treanomaly Absolute Travist

#33702929 - 7 months ago

Essentially, having it go as high quality as it can is auto so that's understandable. If done correctly, it should be determined by the amount of packets dropped in transportat and an average of delay. So asking it to go as high as it can is essentially what auto does but if it's adjusting a lot, it could be the factors it uses to determine the quality may be adjusting too much? 

• beigehornet

beigehornet FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33704899 - 7 months ago

I think its a great move forward, but my biggest grip is the same as the usual in site player.

1080p streaming for some reason sucks in Aus. Im on a 100Mbit connection, But it will not stream 1080p without having to cache and stutter.

Since day 1 i have to either use 720p OR just wait till its on Youtube, where i can stream 4K video with zero issues.

• Twindolynn

Twindolynn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Guardians RTX17,18 XL18

#33704911 - 7 months ago

Anyone else having trouble logging in?

• iamcevrus2

iamcevrus2

#33704928 - 7 months ago

Looks like someone threw up Netflix, and then added a sidebar. At least the sidebar is nice I guess.

• TristanW007

TristanW007 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33704948 - 7 months ago

Great job on the site can't wait till schedle is added to it

• MediC8tem

MediC8tem FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Fixing that Saltiness

#33704960 - 7 months ago

If I begged nicely enough, is there anyway we can get background play?  I keep praying it happens... would love to listen to the podcasts live without having to wait for it to go to YouTube or any other site

• acw28

acw28

#33704966 - 7 months ago

What I liked:

Video player loads much faster, does not freeze the site, does not skip.

What I didn't like:

Aside from grouping by channels, there is very little organization. When I was selecting a show to watch I was treated to an overwhelming amount of different shows to the point I couldn't easily find Red vs Blue or RWBY and needed to use a search bar.

Suggestions:

Maybe move the more watched/featured shows to the top of the selections, also possibly add a "FIRST" and "Non-FIRST" option to help filter the content and make selection more manageable.

Overall impression:

A nice improvement to the site, but still a few kinks to work out.

EDIT: Okay, I've had some time to look at the site a bit more and found the filters for the shows, glad to see FIRST filter is an option, although the presentation still looks chaotic to me.

• AgentWashingtub008

#33704972 - 7 months ago

A agree that the aesthetic of the beta site is far to minimal for my personal tastes.  Just black, gray, white text and the minimal amount of flavor color aren't enough for me.  I enjoy the many discrete  elements of a page on this or even the original site* much more than the simple home pages of Netflix and other video streaming sites.  

A part of that is Rooster Teeth's site is much more than just a simple video site.  It is a social platform as well as an information hub about the company.  The news feed, featured user, and even the merch showcase is just as important to me as a community member as the access to videos on the front page.  I also think the sheer amount of front page videos is overwhelming and redundant with the separate sections that sometimes show the exact same things.

I really hope for as intricate and visually interesting profile and social portions of the site, but I'll wait to see that feature when it rolls out.

-----

*Okay, I do prefer the aesthetic and features for the site as it was from about Reconstruction until they introduced the thumbs-up thumbs-down system over modding, but I won't be that guy who just asks for what I had first in light of change.  What I hope to convey is my desire for a more visually interesting and explicitly navigable experience like the old site (or using that as a template.)

• revelsrouser

#33704974 - 7 months ago

In reply to MediC8tem

Yes! This is a big one for me because it's how I want to use the site and especially apps as well. I don't have an eta by any means, but I'll keep bumping that up in our backog until it gets interneted real nice. x

• TacoCub

TacoCub FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33704983 - 7 months ago

In reply to Chelsea

I’m on my iPad. iOS 11. I am attempting to login and use the new site svod.roosterteeth.com, but I get an error after I click Submit. “Type error.”

Any idea what is causing this? 

Note: I am not using FB login and I am an RT First member

• Tybierious

Tybierious FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Tybierious

#33704993 - 7 months ago

Love the new site!!! i would say when you go to the series tab, and then seasons, it should show the most recent season first, instead of scrolling down to find them, might get tedious when dealing with large numbered seasons. That being said Congrats!