Forums > General Discussion

New Rooster Teeth Video Platform - Beta Testers Unite!

Posts (399)

• em578

em578 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33705968 - 7 months ago

I love the new site, it looks great! Just FYI, I've got a problem where the video player glitches out whenever I go full screen? The top half of the player fills the bottom half of the screen, so the bottom half of the video can't be seen. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem or if it's just me, but thought you'd probably want to know.

Also, I think it may be more convenient to show the current year/seasons videos first when you click on a specific series's page. I like that the option to view older content is right at the top so it's easier to see, but it does mean I have to change it every time I want to look for the newest episode

• luckymina

luckymina FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold luckymina

#33706167 - 7 months ago

the only real issue i have been having is on the new site videos will go up for first members and i get the " this is not yet available, well,this sucks" but i head over to the old site and it works fine. 

• My_Alibi

My_Alibi FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33706217 - 7 months ago

One thing of note I've ran into so far is I haven't been able to cast to my chrome-cast.  I don't have any other cast dongles to test with.  Has anyone else had this issue?

• My_Alibi

My_Alibi FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33706219 - 7 months ago

In reply to luckymina Yeah I've noticed that issue as well.  Sometimes I have been able to get around it with a refresh or using other links that direct to that page.

• StryfeRyder

StryfeRyder FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33706303 - 7 months ago

series list is missing supreme surrender. im going to go rip it from the old site in case it vanishes :( 

• natethomas

natethomas FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Kodi Project Manager

#33706408 - 7 months ago

Am I the only one running into that weird Quota exceeded message? I reported it, but it seem weird that nobody else is talking about it.

• acw28

acw28

#33706483 - 7 months ago

Quick question, but is there anyway we can get an option for video quality in the player? I tried watching the new episode of Chibi, but the quality was low and the images blurry. Meanwhile I can hope over the YouTube and watch the same video at a much better quality.

• EricHVela

EricHVela FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Don't be a divider.

#33706616 - 7 months ago

In reply to acw28

The little gear icon when you hover over the video with a mouse is where you force the quality. On a touch screen, you can tap the video to bring up the play bar with the gear icon. I don't know about mobile devices like iOS or Android.

Note: If you set a video quality, it will retain that setting between videos, BUT if that set video quality is not available on another video (like setting for 4K but another video has only 720 maximum), it will set itself to auto again. I find that the auto setting drops the quality too easily even though forcing the 4K quality doesn't cause hitching on this network.

I'm tempted to test out the name change, but I don't want to screw up any synchronizing with this account here, and I like my username. It keeps me anonymous. smile

Wait. neutral_face

Dangit! confounded

• acw28

acw28

#33706621 - 7 months ago

In reply to EricHVela

Thank you. I've noticed that before in other videos on the site but never clicked on it since it always caused the video to freeze no matter what computer/internet program I used.

• mozzibear

mozzibear FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33706797 - 7 months ago

It would be awesome if we could hover over the titles that have been shortened with a "..." to see the full title

It's a tiny detail, but I find it really irksome when sites don't do this. 

Otherwise I really love the new look, great job guys!

• theREV117

theREV117

#33706811 - 7 months ago

So anyone else's pc restart when trying to load the new site?

• EricHVela

EricHVela FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Don't be a divider.

#33707163 - 7 months ago

When videos are released here, I first check to see if they're on the SVOD site. For the most part, they are - though not always working right away. If they aren't there or aren't working, I'll wait for it unless it's The Know. If one of The Know's episodes isn't available there but is here, I'll watch it here. They're usually much more time-sensitive.

It seems that middle-of-the-night releases of The Know episodes don't always make it to the SVOD site until the following morning. I'll keep watching to see if that continues before I submit a request about it.

• 1duplacorn1

1duplacorn1 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Duplacorn

#33707179 - 7 months ago

every thing is great, very pretty. my one complaint is the channels, they are not as easily accessible like how they where on the original website.

• dancingcrane

dancingcrane FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold dancingcrane

#33707258 - 7 months ago

Just got the invite and popped over to say hi!

• Erashima

Erashima FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33707259 - 7 months ago

I'm really liking the new site so far, but I have one question, I'm not sure if anyone else has answered this. Is the mobile app / Xbox App going to be updated aswell? They seem to be lagging behind, as a user of the Mobile app, it has not even been updated to support iPhone X. Thanks!

• PYA_Alex

PYA_Alex

#33707262 - 7 months ago

In reply to Chelsea love the new site simple,clear and runs well. But I think Rooster Teeth needs to make an app for IPad that would be great. 

• Chelsea

Chelsea FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RT Community Manager

#33707288 - 7 months ago

In reply to PYA_Alex

Does the app we have for iOS not work well on the iPad? I'm not a tech person so maybe @revelsrouser can answer that better. 

In reply to Erashima

Mobile apps are definitely going to go under a whole lotta work. 

• mattfaltz

mattfaltz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33707290 - 7 months ago

In reply to Chelsea The iOS app isn't optimized for iPad screens, only for iPhones. We can't watch true full screen videos and etc. It only fills the screen the size of a phone screen, and stretched it still only fills 1/2 the screen. 

• jzooms

jzooms FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33707296 - 7 months ago

Loving the new chat features 

• Choybo1

Choybo1 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33707299 - 7 months ago

Is there a way to see all the recently added content from one channel? If not i think that should be put in as well.

• Blarg2010

Blarg2010 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Nick

#33707301 - 7 months ago

In reply to Gamer3427 I agree with so much of that. I'm going to make a full post with my own thoughts but you covered a lot of them here. The news on the front page was extremely helpful and it really does feel like it's more of a detached experience than previous iterations.

That being said, it was mentioned in the announcement that the beta is now open that the community features are not fully represented yet. Perhaps some of those things will change when those features are rolled out. I certainly hope that's the case.

• revelsrouser

revelsrouser FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold twitter.com/revelsrouser

#33707303 - 7 months ago

In reply to PYA_Alex

@Chelsea @PYA_Alex We have all new iOS/Android apps in development now that should make for a much better tablet and mobile experience.

• Blarg2010

Blarg2010 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Nick

#33707304 - 7 months ago

In reply to Choybo1 Currently, there is no way of doing that that I can see but I have included that in my own suggestions to the team. If you haven't already, you could submit a suggestion ticket here. The more people that suggest it, the better!

• REDbent

REDbent FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold redbent

#33707312 - 7 months ago

I am loving the pop out video feature while I scroll down