Forums > General Discussion

New Rooster Teeth Video Platform - Beta Testers Unite!

Posts (343)

• warrenty13

warrenty13 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33709153 - 3 months ago

just for a person option i would like a option to turn auto-play off , i just started testing just now but that is one option i wish from the old site is the ability to turn auto play off, perhaps per user rather then a site wide thing

• Cainrin

Cainrin FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Bookwyrm

#33709160 - 3 months ago

I've been using the beta site for about 2 weeks now, and have a few things that I would love to see improved on the next iteration. Overall, the new video player is awesome, and the chat feature on live shows is a great idea!

*I too would like a way to turn off auto-play.

*Do we really need merch carousels right under each video?

*Notifications to my watchlist show the title of the video instead of the video series. Ex. "New episode has been added for Burnie's Magic Feet - #481". It would be more helpful to have it say something like "New episode has been added for RT Podcast - insert video title here."

*I miss having the "Watched" label on videos I've seen, I'd like that back.

*Some sort of separation from the last video to the top of the list when cycling through the longer video carousels would help navigation. The light gray dots on the right get lost for me on the gray background.

*Consistent season labeling - RT Podcast is Season 2017, 2018, while the RT Post Show is Season 3, 4, etc.

*I miss the lists - Clicking on a channel just brings me to a bunch of tiles with thumbnails. I'd prefer an option with a list of shows in alphabetical order somewhere like the current site has.

I'm very excited to see positive changes with the video player and organization of videos on the new site, and definitely know this is a work in progress. Just having the option to leave feedback is great, too. Keep up the good work!

• BonnieLass

BonnieLass FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33709191 - 3 months ago

-- Scrubbing is still hit or miss -- sometimes it works, sometimes it just hangs up and you have to reload the video. (Chrome, Win7 Home)

-- Maybe have the option to skip overly long intros? Half of my scrubbing problems come from trying to skip over the intro RWBY song.

-- Please give me the option of turning off autoplay. (I've memorized the first 6 notes of the RWBY intro and it's kind of rage inducing at this point.)

-- The Netflix-type of scrollable thumbnails gives me a migraine. Netflix at least uses dead space to put show logos and then spaces out their rows of thumbnails. It's just way too much going on for way too long. It wouldn't be so bad if it were just 12 or 16 shows. I would much rather have a small icon list with just logos or even a link only list. Even if you keep those tacky thumbnails, it'd be nice to have some different options. It's like I can't read anything it's all so busy.

• REDbent

REDbent FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold redbent

#33709280 - 3 months ago

In reply to REDbent Ok i did just successfully use chromecast to watch the latest On the spot, It was much better that from the old site. One bug though, while chromecast exited out on the tv (ie did not stay on the browser window) the site did the play next thing and was playing on my computer in the other room. 

• matthiew

matthiew FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33709470 - 3 months ago

The new website is cool, but has the actual video player changed yet? I just played a video on the "new player" and it looked like the same old video player that can't stream 1080 without stopping to buffer every minute.

• VinnieLupo

VinnieLupo FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33709550 - 3 months ago

I just recived the notification for the open beta a few days ago and so far i enjoy it, i'm looking forward to everything it has to offer.

• EricHVela

EricHVela FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Refined like aged wine.

#33709569 - 3 months ago

Whatever they do to the XBox app, I hope they still allow remote control from the Windows and mobile XBox app. I sometimes need to use my controller with the PC, but I have a tablet and phone with the XBox app so I can just swipe and tap to control the RT app. It's great when you're down to one controller. (Roomie needed one.)

So an item on my wishlist for the XBox app update, keep the existing remote-enabled feature (or improve upon it, but definite don't get rid of it).

• Grimview

Grimview FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33709951 - 3 months ago

As of yesterday I started getting a security certificate error on trying to load the beta site in Firefox - error code "SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN" with the note that the certificate is only valid for a bunch of sites defined as "*.#bleacherreport.com", with #s 1 through 9 being listed in the error report. I think it's an HTTPS thing? But something's up with the security certificate.

I'd post this in the error feedback on svod, but I can't load the svod.roosterteeth.com site at all...

• EricHVela

EricHVela FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Refined like aged wine.

#33709955 - 3 months ago

In reply to Grimview

This link will take you right to the feedback site.

• Grimview

Grimview FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33710012 - 3 months ago

In reply to EricHVela Thanks!

• Rachel.Othon

Rachel.Othon FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Rothon

#33710129 - 3 months ago

In reply to Chelsea 

I really like the new site. The homepage is a little daunting but also gives me a netflix feel which is cool. I haven't gotten to use much of the livestream chat yet but I'm sure that will be cool. There were a few bugs but usually a refreshing of the page would get me back to normal. 

I think that a way to narrow down the shows that pop up on homepage (recommended, recently watch, subscriptions, etc) would be helpful. 

So far so good though, awesome update!

• trevorrivera

trevorrivera

#33710131 - 3 months ago

Well, I like it, but I also think that it should be easier to find the different series, maybe instead of scrolling all the way down to find whatever you want to watch, how about something like just having a menu bar that will let you access the different series, and the first page that you see should be recent videos and the shop. I hope this helps you guys.

• Grimview

#33710150 - 3 months ago

In reply to Grimview

Quick update - apparently something managed to get between my computer and the svod.RT domain, but didn't affect any other site. Command prompt -> ipconfig /flushdns fixed it, but given that it was ONLY happening with the svod.roosterteeth site, might be something that's targeting you guys that you want to check out! I tried every other trusted site I could think of and never had any other issues.

• starfoxgamingyt

starfoxgamingyt

#33710157 - 3 months ago

In reply to Chelsea

I really love the design and the Rooster Teeth beta site looks amazing, thank you for the invite

• parriedpontiff

parriedpontiff

#33710213 - 3 months ago

I like the new layout, but videos were constantly buffering all the time and I couldn't stream and videos fluently. When I switched back to the old site I had no problems. So great design, but fix the streaming issues.

• Auron215

Auron215

#33710219 - 3 months ago

I think its great. I haven't experienced any problems and I'm looking forward to what lies in store in the future.

• klunkerpunker

klunkerpunker FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33710347 - 3 months ago

Can there be a "Upcoming" tab?  I really used that function a lot in the old site.

• mattfaltz

mattfaltz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33710353 - 3 months ago

In reply to klunkerpunker Super +1 on this.

• Chelsea

Chelsea FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RT Community Manager

#33710389 - 3 months ago

In reply to klunkerpunker

The idea of a calendar/upcoming is definitely still something that is wanted, I'm not sure where it stands in the current process that Engineering is working through, but it's definitely something to have. 

• Auron321

Auron321

#33710676 - 3 months ago

My videos keep freezing right in the middle, and then after awhile they start , but not where they left off. also sometimes the audio cuts out while the video is playing.

• Auron215

Auron215

#33710677 - 3 months ago

In reply to Auron321 yeah mine too

• MatthewCarey3

MatthewCarey3

#33710690 - 3 months ago

In reply to Chelsea was i  not cool enough :/

• acw28

acw28

#33710711 - 3 months ago

So was the new site built for mobile in mind? My arrow keys don't respond when I try to scroll down, I tried the site with a touchscreen laptop and it wouldn't scroll down either. So far I've only been able to move the page by clicking on the scroll bar (which is way too thin).

• EricHVela

#33710713 - 3 months ago

In reply to acw28

They're working on mobile compatibility, but still give your feedback of your experiences to them. (It's the little ! word-bubble icon at the top of every page.) One issue per request, though. General Feedback for suggestions, Bugs for things that aren't working right (like being unable to scroll or a video pausing on its own or grey blocks or dancing elephants when you go to the account settings). Be sure to include your device, OS, and browser details in all bug reports.

• tim1203

tim1203

#33710741 - 3 months ago