Forums > General Discussion

New Rooster Teeth Video Platform - Beta Testers Unite!

Posts (407)

• Auron321

Auron321

#33710939 - 9 months ago

I think maybe there should be character profiles for the shows.

• kerouaille

kerouaille FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33710967 - 9 months ago

I've tried using the the new video site (win10, Chrome 64.0.3282.186 and latest Firefox), and even though I have decent internet speed the videos just constantly seem to buffer. I think the only time I didn't seem to have an issue was once when I was watching one of the live RTX Sydney shows.

• Helpinghand97

Helpinghand97 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Helpinghand97

#33711164 - 9 months ago

So when I use the new sites to watch the newest video it would say "its is not available" but if I go to the normal site it would play like it normally does.

• sixthflagbearer

sixthflagbearer FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33711188 - 9 months ago

I would suggest adding the video title to the browsing tab, so if you have multiple tabs open it is easier to find a specific video, small QoL upgrade.  Right now it just shows "Rooster Teeth", with no way to differentiate tabs.

• Wadcroft

Wadcroft FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Shameless Fiction Writer

#33711248 - 9 months ago

Firefox 52.6.0 (64-bit) On  CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708 (Core)

For those of us who use script blockers, could you give us a list of sites to whitelist? Does anyone host their own scripts these days?

Also, I'm getting a lot of unrenderable characters, mostly the navigation ones. Blocks with hex numbers in them. What's the encoding you guys use?

• MrWykydtron

MrWykydtron FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33711383 - 9 months ago

Is there any way to turn off the autoplay/binge feature on the new site?

• Chelsea

Chelsea FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RT Community Manager

#33711419 - 9 months ago

In reply to MrWykydtron

Hmm... @revelsrouser do you know how to do this?

• ryder9

ryder9 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33711666 - 9 months ago

Is it possible for you people to fix the bloody backend? this shit has been happening for months where videos decide not to buffer/stream ... who cares about the pretentious front end if I can't watch the videos....
    You are a video production company, with a website, that can't play video, but I guess the t shirt advertisements under videos are a bigger priority

• Treanomaly

Treanomaly Absolute Travist

#33711754 - 9 months ago

You could be on to something here. Shitting through a bloody backend does sound like it could cause some major issues. I'd recommend going straight to the doctor for that. 

• natethomas

natethomas FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Kodi Project Manager

#33711826 - 9 months ago

I've got a feature request that's probably not appropriate here. I'd like to be able to "buy" seasons on the site. I don't want physical disks, but I do want the full "movie" version of the show. I'm willing to pay for that version and have it tied to my account or something, hopefully with commentary if I'm paying for it. Any suggestions who to request this to?

• Chelsea

Chelsea FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RT Community Manager

#33711831 - 9 months ago

In reply to natethomas

Are you talking about the "movie" versions that are available on disc that we do for RvB and RWBY? Versions like that?

• SqurtleHurdle

SqurtleHurdle

#33711840 - 9 months ago

I have a request for a change in the beta website. If possible, can you change the scroll bar to a more visible color. The light translucent gray is difficult to see.

• natethomas

natethomas FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Kodi Project Manager

#33711871 - 9 months ago

In reply to Chelsea

Yeah, pretty much. I'm basically looking for RT to do their own version of iTunes movies. :)

• acw28

acw28

#33712161 - 9 months ago

So I'm assuming everyone has been made aware that the new site is going to be "Rooster Teeth TV". From the information from the email, I've got a few questions that I couldn't find any answers to, hopefully someone here can answer them or direct them elsewhere.

1. So if the shows are "First and Non-First content" does that mean shows that were previously First exclusive, such as RT Docs and Theater Mode, are now viewable to the general public or is having a First subscription required to watch the "channel".

2. Is there going to be a "re-wind" and "restart" feature that many cable providers have, that way if someone tunes into a live program ten minutes late they can watch from the beginning?

3. As far as new content, how does this affect the release period? I know Nomad of Nowhere is going to premier "live", so will new episodes/series debut on RT TV first before being available on site a day or so after, and then on YouTube the following week?

• EricHVela

EricHVela FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Don't be a divider.

#33712222 - 9 months ago

In reply to acw28

This is a test, not a certainty. The SVOD site isn't going to be RTTV-only, and it might not be RTTV at all depending on how this goes. This event is not VoD - no DVR features like rewind or restart are expected to be supported. Release schedules of pre-recorded material will continue as VoD with First and open schedules and with the typical DVR features of VoD.

It is unknown if RTTV (if successful) is going to be open or First-Only when all is said and done. (My initial guess is that it will become First-Only given the wording of the announcements.) This is not necessarily the final form of RTTV. If they're going to go the FHTV route, it might prove to be more hassle than they can manage for the return that they get. (The RT-only stuff is much more than FH-only content.) The way this event is being handled, it is not like FHTV yet. To me, it seems to be more of a technology test right now.

Check Evan's post for more information. I hope to eventually see everyone throughout the day when I can hop into chat.

• VinnieLupo

VinnieLupo FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33712226 - 9 months ago

I wish I could watch it today it out on my birthday but I have to work today

• EricHVela

EricHVela FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Don't be a divider.

#33712227 - 9 months ago

In reply to VinnieLupo

I can only pop in now and then. The longest period I'll have is the first hour of Off Topic.

• Chelsea

#33712324 - 9 months ago

In reply to This.site.ripes.you.off

Have you sent in an email to RTStoreCare@roosterteeth.com? You're welcome to DM me as well. The only order I see from this email is from October, but I can't track down any of your tickets. 

• luckymina

luckymina FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold luckymina

#33712347 - 9 months ago

is there anyway to get rid of notifications? i have 193 and i cant make the little bell not have the blue bubble 

• luckymina

luckymina FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold luckymina

#33712348 - 9 months ago

In reply to rhn94 i haven't had any issue with buffering

• Liabell

Liabell FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33712583 - 8 months ago

In reply to Chelsea 

I know this might be a lot to ask for, but would there be any way for the new site to have a captions system like YouTube, where people can voluntarily write subtitles for people with hearing issues/those who like to use them? I know it's much easier for me to follow content when it has subtitles, but I also know that it's very difficult and time-consuming for y'all to do that yourselves so I wouldn't ask you to make it a required part of content necessarily. However, it would be really nice if on the site as well as on YouTube there could be member-submitted subtitles to help people like me :) 

• samBchand

samBchand

#33712731 - 8 months ago

Beta is great!! I am having a problem tho that the autoplay/binge mode isnt playing the next video in a series. I am watching Twits and Crits S1 EP7 and the next video for autoplay is, and has been for a few episodes, S3 EP30 of Twits and Crits. Which of course Im not gonna skip ahead to that. Maybe im missing something or just being silly but having to get up to go hit back is kinda a pain.

• Freshisover9000

Freshisover9000 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Freshness is Over 9000

#33712984 - 8 months ago

How do i submit a bug I've been having the past few days. I have noticed once the home page(any page really) loads up, it turns all gray and I can't do anything. reloading/refreshing does not do anything. 

• EricHVela

#33712994 - 8 months ago

In reply to Freshisover9000

You can try submitting a bug request using the feedback icon (zvxyTH6.png?1) to the top right of the page on the SVOD site. If it's not showing, use this link. Get a screenshot of the error or glitch and attach it to the request or type in the exact wording of the error. Include browser, OS, and device versions in the request. Explain the steps you took to reach the error.

As always whenever submitting screenshots, make sure to keep personal information out of the image.

Use the same icon for providing general feedback such as suggestions.

(One issue per bug or general feedback request. It might be a good idea to keep a text file of the OS, device, and browser information so you can copy and paste that into each bug request. It'll keep things organized for the dev team. Be sure to read any notices on the support site. They may include information about issues already well known.)

Note: That feature is only for the beta site, not this site.

• Chelsea

#33713425 - 8 months ago

In reply to Liabell

The team is definitely looking into closed captioning as it's been a request for many years. If it is able to be implemented, it'll start with the shows that already have CC done for them and then they'd have to look at how to tackle the rest of the massive library of content we have that doesn't already have them professionally done. (And maybe it does become like YT's system, who knows, I definitely don't, I'm not on the dev team, I just pretend they like me and I hang around.)