Forums > RT Events

Unofficial Toronto Unconventional 2016!

Posts (40)

• Spamman4587

Spamman4587 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold KY Jew

#32822301 - 1 year ago

Alright kids, The Last "Survivor" has finally left Toronto and I want to know, who the hell is gonna hang out with me and other amazing RT peoples this Winter and next Summer!

• Baraxis

Baraxis

#33173176 - 1 year ago

Hey jerks. Uncon tickets are now for sale!

Also, if you don't already, follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

• Victolic

Victolic FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33173245 - 1 year ago

I've bought my ticket! See you in August!

• Spamman4587

Spamman4587 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold KY Jew

#33173848 - 1 year ago

I bought my bundle for Punk and I yesterday! SEE ALL YOU WONDERFUL BASTARDS THERE

• Blue_Team

Blue_Team FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold VGHS

#33174018 - 1 year ago

I bought my bundle last night! I expect hugs and high-fives from all of you!

• Nat

Nat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33174143 - 1 year ago

Bought my ticket! See you all there. <3

• Baraxis

Baraxis

#33200860 - 11 months ago

We wanted to give you guys a heads-up that we're not doing any special room rates this year. Book your hotels in advance and you'll be able to get a great deal, for sure.

The Holiday Inn is right around the corner, as well as the Ramada. Both the Chelsea and the Bond Place have been popular spots for past events. And there's the Econo Lodge which is really close and dirt cheap (plus free breakfast).

Happy booking! ALMOST THREE MONTHS UNTIL THE EVENT.

• chris9801

chris9801 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Achievement Hunter

#33216868 - 10 months ago

In reply to Baraxis

Welp,

Does anyone want to share a room if I buy one for two nights?

• Baraxis

Baraxis

#33219258 - 10 months ago

Dear friends and attendees. It is with great sorrow that we must announce that 2016 will be the last year of this event. We've had an incredible ride and are so grateful for this group of nerds that has become our family. From the beginning, Uncon has always been about putting the community above all else, and we are so fortunate to have been able to continue the tradition of RvBTO and RTO.
    This doesn't have to be a sad event, however. This just means that it can be better than ever. Let's party like it's the end of the world! Tell your friends, kick all those folks off the fence, and let's make 2016 the biggest event yet. Help us go out with a bang.
    We'll see you all in August!

• Vicki

Vicki

#33219268 - 10 months ago

Hi, friends.

I'm not going to go on a big long speech thing here. I'm just going to say that I miss when this event was huge. I know and understand why it just isn't that way anymore. But we have one last chance to do it up right. So can we? Can you tell your friends about Uncon? Spread the word, drum up some support? At the end of it all, we do what we do because we love this community and the friendships we've made and the families we've nurtured. That's it. That's all that matters. So let's do this. Okay? Tell everyone. Come hang out. Get lots of hugs. This is the last time. Let's make memories that last forever.

• chris9801

chris9801 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Achievement Hunter

#33220695 - 10 months ago

Would we still have WinTo?

• Baraxis

Baraxis

#33221029 - 10 months ago

In reply to chris9801

Nothing planned by us. People are still welcome to organize themselves and meet up in the city whenever. I certainly know I'll be around the Imperial. It's just the organized events by the Uncon crew that's finished.

• Spamman4587

#33221434 - 10 months ago

I still visit Toronto about once every month to two months. WinTO is still a go.

• Baraxis

Baraxis

#33246181 - 9 months ago

So Nintendo is stopping off in Toronto on their Canadian tour during the weekend of Uncon. I'm thinking about checking it out during the day on Sunday, any folks want to join? It's actually pretty close to my place. http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/whatsnew/detail/play...

Right off the subway at Lawrence West.

• Faran

Faran FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33249256 - 9 months ago

I'll be there. You may not know me - I keep to myself but I've been to a couple RT related meetups in TO. Also, join the RT Ontario fans page on Facebook for regular meetup announcements. Maybe we can rebuild as a community and get a big event going again eventually.

• Baraxis

Baraxis

#33249611 - 9 months ago

In reply to AsteroidMan

See you there!

• Faran

Faran FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33250255 - 9 months ago

In reply to Baraxis

Unless I dress up like a ninja and hide in the dark.

• Spamman4587

#33250490 - 9 months ago

We'll still find you

• Faran

#33250569 - 9 months ago

In reply to Spamman4587

We'll see about that. I'm coming in camo. I'll John Cena the shit outta everyone.

• Baraxis

Baraxis

#33259439 - 9 months ago

For those who haven't seen it, we've officially published the schedule for Saturday (and the rest of the weekend). Check out the event page: http://touncon.com/event/

SATURDAY
    Imperial Pub ALL DAY!

12PM-1:30PM: Arrive and mingle
    2PM-3:30PM: Podcast and Q&A with Barb
    4PM-6:30PM: Charity raffle and board games
    7PM: Raffle winners announced
    8PM: Ceremonial Irish Carbombs
    9PM: Jeff Rupert performance
    (schedule may change slightly leading up to the event)

Sorry it took so long to confirm our venue. There were some logistical issues early on, and then just a lot of waiting on confirmations so we couldn't really announce anything. Thanks for your patience! See you lovelies in a few weeks.

And just a heads up that our online shirt sales will be closing out this week. We'll be ordering some extra for purchase at the event, but if you want to ensure we have your correct size/style make sure you place your order by Wednesday. If you've already bought tickets or bundles and want to add shirts, shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll fix you up.

• Faran

#33259489 - 9 months ago

Imperial Pub is a great place. Normally book out the top floor for my birthday every year and they're super accomdating. Are we upstairs or on the first flr in the back?

• Baraxis

Baraxis

#33259734 - 9 months ago

In reply to Faran

Friday and Sunday will be on the top floor. Most of Saturday will be in the back room (we have it booked from 12-6), and then we'll migrate upstairs. What we'll probably do is have the podcast and raffle in the back room, and then move upstairs after for board games and mingling.

• Spamman4587

#33259943 - 9 months ago

Love me some Imperial cheese sticks and Poutine

• Faran

#33260124 - 9 months ago

In reply to Baraxis

Dope tingz. I'm gonna stock up on loonies for the pool table.

In reply to Spamman4587

Their chili ain't so hot. ...wait maybe it was their shephard's pie.... shit, now I don't remember which one not to get. Fuck.

• Spamman4587

#33260308 - 9 months ago

In reply to Faran

Probably the Chili...jussayin