Forums > RWBY

RWBY Discussion

Posts (219128)

• cdnl33t

cdnl33t FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15490924 - 4 years ago

Okay so I was looking around for a thread on RWBY, but cause there isn't one I made it. So come here to discuss it with other members and see what people thought about the trailer, and what they are hoping for, or think they can expect from Monty with this series

Guidelines for Newbies Stolen from Freelancer05
    This one is just a tip: FIRST IMPRESSIONS MEAN A LOT!-If you don't make a good first impression, people may never take you seriously.
    1. Grammar is your friend-Try to USE PROPER GRAMMAR. I cannot stress this enough. If you post without using proper grammar and spelling, people will consider you an idiot and you will never be taken seriously. Don't make a post like this: "omg roflzors i lov tukcer" and expect to get a lot of respect.
    2. Play nice-Don't come in here and try to start a fight.
    3. Try to stay on topic-If there is a discussion related to RWBY going on, don't jump in and tell us about your favorite lolcat.
    4. LURK MOAR-Explains itself. Lurk around the thread for several pages before posting to understand what is expected of you.

• Gazawraith

Gazawraith

#15491006 - 4 years ago

a gold doubloon to whoever tells me the song.

• cdnl33t

cdnl33t FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15491011 - 4 years ago

In reply to Gazawraith, #2:

I agree, that song has been stuck in my head all day and really want that on my ipod.

• Gazawraith

Gazawraith

#15491035 - 4 years ago

In reply to cdnl33t, #3:

probably be on the next CD or something.

• Vindicta

Vindicta FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15491038 - 4 years ago

All I know for sure is it is very anime-ish and, true to typical Monty, features a girl with OTT fighting prowess xD

• cdnl33t

#15491044 - 4 years ago

In reply to Vindicta, #5:

Yeah, I really like the fighting style in the trailer. Mind you I watch a lot of anime, so it's on par with the stuff I normally watch. I'm looking forward to seeing the other three women there were shown at the end of the trailer and their weapons/fighting styles.

Post edited 11/06/12 11:14AM

• Vindicta

Vindicta FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#15491053 - 4 years ago

In reply to cdnl33t, #6:

Just as a guess... The R stands for Ruby

I mean... Red haired girl with red clothing/weapon?

Also... Like the music.

But Monty, Sil vous plais, HURRY UP WITH DEAD FANTASY 6

• Vindicta

#15491055 - 4 years ago

In reply to cdnl33t, #6:

She's kinda cute mind. The grey eyes remind me of my own creation. Though not sure my assassin can do much against a Scythe/shotgun

• cdnl33t

#15491070 - 4 years ago

In reply to Vindicta, #8:

a show about cute anime girls kicking ass.....I can't wait to see a full episode. I wonder if they'll be 5 - 10 minutes long like the RvB episodes or longer.

• Vindicta

#15491076 - 4 years ago

In reply to cdnl33t, #9:

Well... Monty's Dead Fantasy 2 was like... 10 mins...

Who knows... He can get the other to help so it could be longer. Looks epic though ^.^

• Burnt2Shreds

Burnt2Shreds Metal Gear

#15491145 - 4 years ago

Definitely going to watch this. The wolf/demon sounds in the trailer will hopefully be replaced with some new, cooler sounding effects once the actual show gets underway.

• cdnl33t

#15491155 - 4 years ago

I can't wait to see what kind of writer Monty is. We already know he's a great animator, and we know of his love of Japanese games and storytelling, so it's not surprising he's making a show in that style of animation.

• Gareth3

Gareth3

#15491159 - 4 years ago

At the end of the RWBY trailer in episode 22, at 17:23, it lists "Lindsey Tuggey, Kara Eberle, Arryn Zech, and Barbara Dunkleman", i'd assume they'll be the voices of the four main characters, who all appear to be female.

Also, Monty's style of shotgun & blade choreography is very evident, and it looks pretty cool with a giant sythe-shotgun.

• cdnl33t

#15491169 - 4 years ago

In reply to Gareth3, #13:

It's like one part scythe one part shotgun...what would you call that?

Yeah I'm also thinking that those ladies are gonna be the voice actors.

• Vindicta

#15491172 - 4 years ago

In reply to cdnl33t, #14:

Scythegun

• Gareth3

Gareth3

#15491174 - 4 years ago

In reply to cdnl33t, #14:

A guy posted in the episode 22 comments "it's a shotgythe" i think, something like that

• Gareth3

Gareth3

#15491175 - 4 years ago

In reply to Gareth3, #16:

scratch that, DAragon called it a "Sythegun"

• Alexecutiona

Alexecutiona

#15491223 - 4 years ago

Psyched to see the other characters, hear voices, get a look at the plot, etc etc

Monty is as fabulous and talented as always jesus christ

This got covered in a different RWBY thread but plot/symbolism or whatever looks like it'll follow fairy tales and stuff (considering we got kind of hit over the head w Little Red Riding Hood in this teaser)

• Burnt2Shreds

Burnt2Shreds Metal Gear

#15491232 - 4 years ago

Yeah, I think the Red Riding Hood symbolism in the video was a tad bit over the top, but I guess that was the point.

• OllieOllie

OllieOllie Loser! You're a loser!

#15491234 - 4 years ago

The fight scene looked awesome and so it the wolf monster things. Hopefully it has an awesome story to- Miles is co-writing it and he wrote some pretty good rvb. Also I tottaly read it as 'Ruby' at first... R- double u-by?

• Alexecutiona

Alexecutiona

#15491244 - 4 years ago

In reply to OllieOllie, #20:

Yeah i think they said somewhere idk that the right pronunciation is "Ruby", the title is just like Red White Black Yellow (presumably the four main characters)

and yeah I'm not complaining about the symbolism and the wolf massacre, it's still sweet and fairy tale stuff rocks.

• cdnl33t

#15491255 - 4 years ago

In reply to Alexecutiona, #21:

I've been trying to figure out what other fairy tale girls the other three could be. I'm having a little trouble coming up with something though, anyone got any ideas?

• OllieOllie

OllieOllie Loser! You're a loser!

#15491258 - 4 years ago

In reply to Alexecutiona, #21:

Only just released the symbolism with the wolfs and the hood XD Also only just realized that the colors correspond to the letters.

Do you think this will be a full show, or a short thing like nature town, or 'Day 5'

• Alexecutiona

Alexecutiona

#15491263 - 4 years ago

In reply to cdnl33t, #22:

In reply to OllieOllie, #23:

I'm calling Goldilocks for Yellow right now, and then Snow White for either White or Black (Idk which, since the picture looks like White has white hair and Snow White would have black hair like Black)

Idk about the length considering we have no idea about plot or anything right now, though.

• cdnl33t

#15491264 - 4 years ago

In reply to OllieOllie, #23:

I'm hoping it's gonna be a full show, but I suppose depending on what premise they go with for the show, it might be harder to do that.