Forums > RWBY

RWBY Discussion

Posts (217910)

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33694294 - 8 months ago

Wow this place got so toxic since I was a regular poster. Thanks for trying Mal. You are being infitinately more "troll-like" "Toxic" and actually disgracefully in responding than my original post was at all. Ya'll children need to chill out and not take your fictional narratives to heart so much. 

Don't get me wrong, I was sad to she Big-P bite the dust, but narratively it makes sense, it fits for her to remain dead, and we have received a number of pointers all indicating her remaining deceased. reviving her just to sate the needs of her fanboys would render all the development as a result of her death utterly meaningless. 

If you're going to call me mean spirited for hoping that RWBY maintains good writing standards and being sick and tired of a debate that being going on, as Mal pointed out, for two damn years, thenso be it. But I would advise you to chill out and take such things a deal less seriously.

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33694300 - 8 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

Mediation. I was trying to nip any aggression in the bud by explaining the the sarcasm came from a genuine passion regarding the source material and the topic that, which mixed with exasperation regarding a perceived dead horse, manifests itself as MAXIMUM SASS.

Clearly I didn't do a stellar job at it. Yayyyyy sinus headaches. (Hahahha kill me.)

Again, thank you Mal. It is something I will admit to being somewhat a flaw of mine that is my pencant for blunt speaking when my patience is tried. It seems that people who were not regulars at the same time as us can be a sensitive to social quirks of people they do not know. While I do not regress any of my opinions, I am more than willing to admit to having reverted to type in that way without due caution in this case, for which I am at fault. That being said the reaction of those that replied to me was similarlly uncalled for and I would like to see a similar amends from them, at which point we can all get on with our lives.

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Mollymaukery

#33694303 - 8 months ago

SO ANYWAY HOW ABOUT THAT EPISODE 13 HUH

Seriously, how about it? The choreography on some of those moves was insane, and I'm always a sucker for the "jumping around on falling rocks while fighting" trope. Raven is a shit mom, but she could kick my ass and I'd thank her for the privilege afterwards.

"Mal stop trying to change the subje-" NOPE SUBJECT CHANGED TENSION DEFUSED WE'RE TALKING ABOUT FIGHT SCENES AND HOW HOT RAVEN IS NOW

• cdnl33t

cdnl33t FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33694301 - 8 months ago

In reply to acw28

Fine, final commentary on the matter.  I'd say both parties were out of line.  Clearly what Al did struck a chord with both you and Tin, and I can also say that I see why that would happen.  Obviously his means were aggressive.  Flip that coin around, and Tin's response was building on that aggression.  Understandably he didn't appreciate his words being edited in that way, and I get that.  None the less increased aggression doesn't resolve things.

I'm perfectly capable of seeing when someone with whom I may agree has said something in a rude or offensive manner.

All that being said, I remember a time when this thread, and others I frequent in these forums were full of good nature'd ribbing at each other, which often consisted of pasting and edited version of someones post and claiming "Fixed", and it was funny and good fun debates between fans.  Obviously that wasn't the case here, I'm not saying it was.....I just miss those days.

• acw28

acw28

#33694307 - 8 months ago

In reply to AlbionBard

It's actually a little funny because I was just on a different thread were we were discussing whether toxic fans recognize themselves as such. Before going further, no I'm not calling you toxic, and I will apologize if any of my previous posts seemed toxic.

So reviles in narratives are inherently bad? I guess it wasn't necessary for Gandalf to be revived, I suppose Superman should have stayed dead. So if Pyrrha were to be brought back, then I guess Ren's character growth seen in Volume 4 would go out the window. I suppose Oscar wouldn't need to be in the story anymore. I'm guessing Yang's own journey would have been for nothing.

I'm not calling you mean spirited for hoping a series will continue with the plot you've developed in your head. I'm calling you mean spirited because you took someone else's opinion, quoted it, then heavily edited it to reflect your views and not theirs, and then claim that you have "fixed it." That is the issue I and several others have with the post, nothing about you personally.

• AlbionBard

#33694309 - 8 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

All the fights in this finale have been awesome honestly, as has all of volume 5. It's right now sitting for me as the Best volume of RWBY so far, just above volume 3 so i'm hoping it can stick the landing.

• cdnl33t

cdnl33t FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33694310 - 8 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

AWW SHEEEET! I've definitely watched that episode at least 5 times already.  Seriously can't get enough of that fight scene.  Really looking forward to seeing more of the maidens in action.

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Mollymaukery

#33694311 - 8 months ago

In reply to AlbionBard

It's not quite at Vol 3 levels for me, but it's a pretty close second. That Sun v. Ilia fight still kicks all sorts of ass. Kim Newman owns my soul.

• cdnl33t

#33694314 - 8 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

V3 had some wicked moments and fight scenes, but honestly for me the fight scenes weren't as good as other seasons.

Personally the awesome there came from the story building.

• AlbionBard

#33694315 - 8 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

I'll be interested to know if we've seen the last of Cinder too. If she is dead I wouldn't be suprised, but there's a lot about her character development I feel like we haven't gotten answers to yet, so we might yet see her again.

• Malochroma

#33694319 - 8 months ago

Yeah, Volume 3 is my favorite because of the narrative, not necessarily the action. (Though that tracking shot in PvP still owns house). Like I said, Pyrrha's arc in that season is the best thing RWBY's ever done IMO. I could write thousands of words of meta on it.

• Malochroma

#33694322 - 8 months ago

In reply to AlbionBard

She did do the whole "never actually saw her die" thing, but she was also frozen from the inside out with no aura, so it's a total toss-up.

(At least that's how I interpreted the ice crystals growing across her body. Which would be a hella sweet twist on how she shot Pyrrha. Karma's an ice cold bitch and I love it.)

If she is dead, it'd be interesting to see who the next Fall Maiden is. Ruby or Emerald seems a bit too obvious. Maybe she ends up thinking of Salem in her final moments and the Fall powers go to someone random because Salem doesn't fit the criteria?"

• cdnl33t

#33694363 - 8 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

I was also trying to figure out, if she is dead and I don't think she is, who would be in her thoughts. Ruby does seem a bit too on the head, yet kind of appropriate too.  I doubt she'd realize she's become a maiden. Though maiden + silver eyes probably makes her too OP.  

• Monotony

Monotony

#33694425 - 8 months ago

Forewarning: My page 8708 isn't working properly so if there's anything there that I might've missed, my bad.

Predictions:

Cinder ain't dead. She either comes back for a revenge kill or she kaijus out of the void. I'm hoping for kaiju. :P

Adam's DBNO, and he's gonna put up a serious fight in the finale.

Atlas is the next site. Conditionally, I'm hoping that Atlas properly conveys a highrise cityscape. (It just seems like it'd be one to me, unlike Vale, where it was more tenement-level and modest apartment-level buildings.)

And of course, the question everyone's asking...

Who's gonna bite it?! A ton of characters are poised to give up the ghost. Raven? Ghira? Ilia? Emerald? Hazel? Cinder? Qrow? Leo? Really, it feels like a salad toss-up from here.

• cdnl33t

#33694433 - 8 months ago

In reply to Monotony

Alternatively no one could die. Just because it's the end of season doesn't mean someone should die. That's part of what makes it all the more impactful when it does happen. 

• KageDono13

KageDono13 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Dark Shipper

#33694462 - 8 months ago

Okay...

What the hell did just happened? Another person still thoughts Pyrrha will come back from the dead?

I doubt after the main characters gather the Four Relics, they'll summon a magical dragon who grants anyone's wish.

(But Kage, RWBY isn't a Dragon Ball's show)

Oh sorry my bad, I was being sarcastic!

Seriously...

Anyway, as for Cinder... I have doubts if she's alive or dead after her fight...

What it concerns me is the next fight between Yang and Raven o.o

• RWBY_fan01

RWBY_fan01

#33694516 - 8 months ago

please  no  spoilers.  I  hate  that  I  have  to  wait  every  SUNDAY  to  watch  the  "latest"  episodes  of  RWBY  on  YouTube  instead  of  on  my  account  like  everyone  else

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33694525 - 8 months ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

You know you can just create a temporary RT account that gives you first free for a month than terminate it before you’re charged right that way you can watch the finale on time?

• Monotony

Monotony

#33694569 - 8 months ago

In reply to cdnl33t

Two maidens, two headmasters (one of them Ozcar), the leader of the White Fang, ol' Silver Eyes, a summoner, a bruiser, and a drunkard. And that's not even including the lesser players present (who, despite not being alluded to, hold their own well enough against these monsters). That someone doesn't die in this confrontation would be nothing short of a miracle.

Also, I might've missed the announcement, but account holders can watch the newest episode on Tuesday, right?

• acw28

acw28

#33694572 - 8 months ago

In reply to Monotony

First members watch on Saturday, regular account the following Tuesday, YouTube the following Saturday.

• cdnl33t

#33694598 - 8 months ago

In reply to Monotony

Alright let me rephrase, I doubt a major character is going to bite it.  Injured sure i can see that.  I guess we did get our end of season death already. (Vernal)

I think the only one in your list that might be at risk is Adam, but even then I think they'll go the route of arresting him to avoid making him a martyr.  

Though maybe I'm wrong, only time will tell and I'm not too proud to admit it when it happens.

• Monotony

Monotony

#33694687 - 8 months ago

In reply to cdnl33t

I just think that there are a lot of points of contention. Namely:

1. Raven's position as the Spring maiden. I doubt Salem's faction are going to let her waltz out of there with those powers on hand, and so far, the ways that we've seen a maiden's power be transferred don't bode well for the current host.

2. Leo's position as the headmaster of Haven. His rant about capturing Oscar already implies that he's going for broke, and damn if that ain't a red flag for him to go out with a bang or a shudder. Those backed into a corner can fight fiercest, and this lion is roaring.

3. The number of participants in this firefight is, comparative to previous fights, staggering. Blake brought Kali, Ghira, Sun and Ilia against Adam and crew, while Qrow's team of Ruby, Weiss, Yang, Nora, Jaune, Ren and Oscar faces off against Cinder's squad of Emerald, Mercury, Hazel, Raven and Leo. Is it possible that everyone comes out alive? Sure. But two of those teams are playing for keeps with absolute certainty.

4. Yang's encounter with her mother Raven. Somehow I doubt that this is the moment where they hug and make up, and that makes it all the easier for fatal misunderstandings and mistakes to occur.

5. Qrow. Because... well, he's Qrow. I still (jokingly) think he's the adult form of Touma Kamijou (sans the harem), and "such misfortune!" is definitely not out of the question. Actually... he's like the opposite of Touma, since Qrow's a ladies man with bad luck with the ladies (well, at the moment, since we haven't seen evidence of a spouse or offspring), while Touma's an idiot with a penchant for gathering women (and a few lads, interpretively). But yeah, Qrow. What could go wrong? :P

Oddly enough, I think Adam has good chances of making it out alive, albeit arrested.

• KarmaChimera

KarmaChimera

#33694900 - 8 months ago

Wow when Pyrrha does come back the meltdown you guys are going to have will be legendary.

• cdnl33t

#33694933 - 8 months ago

In reply to Monotony

All of your points are perfectly valid, here's my take on it:

1.  Yes, Salem's team won't want to leave that power behind.  however, Cinder while likely not dead (in my opinion) is quite possibly at least out of the fight.  Hazel did just get skewered, yes i know he can't feel pain, but that doesn't stop the effect.  Not being able to feel the damage being done on your body only allows you to push past it so much. Which leaves Mercury, Emerald, and Leo.  Merc and Em, are likely going to prioritize Cinder, and as for Leo...

2.  Yes he seems to be going for broke, but that lion is hardly roaring, a low growl maybe...mostly a whimper.  His defining characteristic as far as the viewers have seen is his cowardice.  He's not fighting out of passion or true belief in the cause, but fear and self interest.  His allegiance changes based on who he thinks has the upper hand.  That is shifting towards our heros, though he's burned that bridge with them, or at least heavily damaged it.

3.  Yes there's a lot of combatants, in fact at this point the hero's vastly outnumber our villains, enough that through sheer force of numbers they can probably put them down without killing them.

4.  Definitely won't be a mother daughter hug and make up moment, but there's too much left here to explore for one of them to kill the other.

5.  I feel that would be too similar to last season, Qrow was seriously wounded and near death, likely they won't go that wrote in favor of something new.  Plus it's Qrow, he's still too useful to the story, and frankly too cool to kill off.

• Malochroma

#33695070 - 8 months ago

In reply to KarmaChimera

Haha, nah. I'll write some meta on  my journal why I think it's a bad choice if it happens and gets handled poorly, but funnily enough I don't, like, actually care in the grand scheme of things? Like, it's all just a bunch words meant to convey a narrative, my dude. If it fucks that up, well, sucks for it, but it ain't the end of the world.

Plus, I dealt with ANet killing off my favorite plantboy in a cheap and insulting manner. I might roll my eyes and sigh in prolonged exasperation if they pull some cheap bullshit with Pyrrha, but it'd hardly be the dirtiest a writing team's ever done to me. (And even then, that salt really more manifests itself as several thousand words of Canon Divergence fic.)

TL;DR It'd be annoying and IMO a bad choice, but I got too much shit to deal with to be THAT salty if they reverse Pyrrha's death.