Forums > RWBY

RWBY Discussion

Posts (217867)

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold #1 Mollymauk Fan

#33694265 - 1 month ago

Al is not a troll.

Albion is a man who cares very deeply about narrative flow and believes it to be genuinely for the better if Pyrrha were to stay dead, based on how she died and how the story has progress since her dead. Being a writer means being passionate about writing and story structure.

Albion is also a man who's been through the "she dead" discussion about 12 million times and is probably pretty sick of it by now, two years after she bit it.

It's the same for me on both counts, honestly. I'm just too ill to write up another permutation of my own "she dead" mega-essay. (Also, the more I engage in Pyrrhacourse, the less I actively enjoy thinking about Pyrrha, which is a shame because her entire arc through Volume 3 -- including her death -- was my favorite thing about the Beacon arc, and I'd love to do a really thorough breakdown of it sometime.)

TL;DR Al's not a troll, he's just a bit caustic about the whole topic because it's been a bit of a thing around these forums. Chill.

• acw28

acw28

#33694268 - 1 month ago

In reply to Malochroma

Then Albion can write their own words of that sentiment instead of twisting a quote to fit their needs. And yeah, we know it's a thing around the forums, there's whole threads dedicated to the question of if Pyrrha is going to come back or not, so your words are not an excuse for their actions.

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold #1 Mollymauk Fan

#33694273 - 1 month ago

I was disputing the idea of Al being some sort of heartless troll. He's not.

Also, it's pretty rude and uncalled for to call someone a "disgrace to the human race" because they were a bit meaner and more sarcastic then they probably should have been.

• acw28

acw28

#33694279 - 1 month ago

In reply to Malochroma

And yet you continue the conversation. If you don't want to have the debate about if Pyrrha will come back or not, then don't respond. As for if Al is a "troll" or not, all me and tin were doing were calling them out on their behavior, so I'll leave this conversation with one final bit of wisdom, if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck I feel confident in calling it a duck.

EDIT: Also, please make it clear when you have edited your post.

• Malochroma

#33694280 - 1 month ago

In reply to acw28

What Al did was uncalled for, but he is my friend, and I didn't appreciate your friend calling him a "disgrace to the human race," which was equally (if not MORE) uncalled for.

• acw28

acw28

#33694281 - 1 month ago

In reply to Malochroma

You did not have that on your post when I first commented. And thank you for admitted what Al did was uncalled for, but then why defend it in the first place?

• cdnl33t

cdnl33t FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33694282 - 1 month ago

In reply to acw28

If i may also share some wisdom, there is a difference between a troll and presenting your opinion, albeit it in a abrasive manner. 

• acw28

acw28

#33694283 - 1 month ago

In reply to cdnl33t

Yes there is, but I see the actions as going beyond having an abrasive manner and being that as a troll.

• cdnl33t

cdnl33t FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33694286 - 1 month ago

In reply to acw28

difference of opinion then.  Personally I agree with Al and Mal (side note: rhyme not intentional) about Pyrrha.  Perhaps what he did was was too aggressive.  

New plan, let's just move on.  No "last bit of widsom" or "moving on, after i say this.."  Let's just move along?

• Malochroma

#33694287 - 1 month ago

Mediation. I was trying to nip any aggression in the bud by explaining the the sarcasm came from a genuine passion regarding the source material and the topic that, which mixed with exasperation regarding a perceived dead horse, manifests itself as MAXIMUM SASS.

Clearly I didn't do a stellar job at it. Yayyyyy sinus headaches. (Hahahha kill me.)

• acw28

acw28

#33694290 - 1 month ago

In reply to cdnl33t

Agreed, provided you answer one question: Regardless of your opinion of the Pyrrha situation, do you believe that Al's post that caused this was out of line? I'll admit tin's response is a little strong, but I can see where they come from since they had their words twisted into something that they do not agree with. Seeing the mods of the post, I'm not alone in that thinking.

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard

#33694294 - 1 month ago

Wow this place got so toxic since I was a regular poster. Thanks for trying Mal. You are being infitinately more "troll-like" "Toxic" and actually disgracefully in responding than my original post was at all. Ya'll children need to chill out and not take your fictional narratives to heart so much. 

Don't get me wrong, I was sad to she Big-P bite the dust, but narratively it makes sense, it fits for her to remain dead, and we have received a number of pointers all indicating her remaining deceased. reviving her just to sate the needs of her fanboys would render all the development as a result of her death utterly meaningless. 

If you're going to call me mean spirited for hoping that RWBY maintains good writing standards and being sick and tired of a debate that being going on, as Mal pointed out, for two damn years, thenso be it. But I would advise you to chill out and take such things a deal less seriously.

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard

#33694300 - 1 month ago

In reply to Malochroma

Mediation. I was trying to nip any aggression in the bud by explaining the the sarcasm came from a genuine passion regarding the source material and the topic that, which mixed with exasperation regarding a perceived dead horse, manifests itself as MAXIMUM SASS.

Clearly I didn't do a stellar job at it. Yayyyyy sinus headaches. (Hahahha kill me.)

Again, thank you Mal. It is something I will admit to being somewhat a flaw of mine that is my pencant for blunt speaking when my patience is tried. It seems that people who were not regulars at the same time as us can be a sensitive to social quirks of people they do not know. While I do not regress any of my opinions, I am more than willing to admit to having reverted to type in that way without due caution in this case, for which I am at fault. That being said the reaction of those that replied to me was similarlly uncalled for and I would like to see a similar amends from them, at which point we can all get on with our lives.

• Malochroma

#33694303 - 1 month ago

SO ANYWAY HOW ABOUT THAT EPISODE 13 HUH

Seriously, how about it? The choreography on some of those moves was insane, and I'm always a sucker for the "jumping around on falling rocks while fighting" trope. Raven is a shit mom, but she could kick my ass and I'd thank her for the privilege afterwards.

"Mal stop trying to change the subje-" NOPE SUBJECT CHANGED TENSION DEFUSED WE'RE TALKING ABOUT FIGHT SCENES AND HOW HOT RAVEN IS NOW

• cdnl33t

#33694301 - 1 month ago

In reply to acw28

Fine, final commentary on the matter.  I'd say both parties were out of line.  Clearly what Al did struck a chord with both you and Tin, and I can also say that I see why that would happen.  Obviously his means were aggressive.  Flip that coin around, and Tin's response was building on that aggression.  Understandably he didn't appreciate his words being edited in that way, and I get that.  None the less increased aggression doesn't resolve things.

I'm perfectly capable of seeing when someone with whom I may agree has said something in a rude or offensive manner.

All that being said, I remember a time when this thread, and others I frequent in these forums were full of good nature'd ribbing at each other, which often consisted of pasting and edited version of someones post and claiming "Fixed", and it was funny and good fun debates between fans.  Obviously that wasn't the case here, I'm not saying it was.....I just miss those days.

• acw28

acw28

#33694307 - 1 month ago

In reply to AlbionBard

It's actually a little funny because I was just on a different thread were we were discussing whether toxic fans recognize themselves as such. Before going further, no I'm not calling you toxic, and I will apologize if any of my previous posts seemed toxic.

So reviles in narratives are inherently bad? I guess it wasn't necessary for Gandalf to be revived, I suppose Superman should have stayed dead. So if Pyrrha were to be brought back, then I guess Ren's character growth seen in Volume 4 would go out the window. I suppose Oscar wouldn't need to be in the story anymore. I'm guessing Yang's own journey would have been for nothing.

I'm not calling you mean spirited for hoping a series will continue with the plot you've developed in your head. I'm calling you mean spirited because you took someone else's opinion, quoted it, then heavily edited it to reflect your views and not theirs, and then claim that you have "fixed it." That is the issue I and several others have with the post, nothing about you personally.

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard

#33694309 - 1 month ago

In reply to Malochroma

All the fights in this finale have been awesome honestly, as has all of volume 5. It's right now sitting for me as the Best volume of RWBY so far, just above volume 3 so i'm hoping it can stick the landing.

• cdnl33t

#33694310 - 1 month ago

In reply to Malochroma

AWW SHEEEET! I've definitely watched that episode at least 5 times already.  Seriously can't get enough of that fight scene.  Really looking forward to seeing more of the maidens in action.

• Malochroma

#33694311 - 1 month ago

In reply to AlbionBard

It's not quite at Vol 3 levels for me, but it's a pretty close second. That Sun v. Ilia fight still kicks all sorts of ass. Kim Newman owns my soul.

• cdnl33t

#33694314 - 1 month ago

In reply to Malochroma

V3 had some wicked moments and fight scenes, but honestly for me the fight scenes weren't as good as other seasons.

Personally the awesome there came from the story building.

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard

#33694315 - 1 month ago

In reply to Malochroma

I'll be interested to know if we've seen the last of Cinder too. If she is dead I wouldn't be suprised, but there's a lot about her character development I feel like we haven't gotten answers to yet, so we might yet see her again.

• Malochroma

#33694319 - 1 month ago

Yeah, Volume 3 is my favorite because of the narrative, not necessarily the action. (Though that tracking shot in PvP still owns house). Like I said, Pyrrha's arc in that season is the best thing RWBY's ever done IMO. I could write thousands of words of meta on it.

• Malochroma

#33694322 - 1 month ago

In reply to AlbionBard

She did do the whole "never actually saw her die" thing, but she was also frozen from the inside out with no aura, so it's a total toss-up.

(At least that's how I interpreted the ice crystals growing across her body. Which would be a hella sweet twist on how she shot Pyrrha. Karma's an ice cold bitch and I love it.)

If she is dead, it'd be interesting to see who the next Fall Maiden is. Ruby or Emerald seems a bit too obvious. Maybe she ends up thinking of Salem in her final moments and the Fall powers go to someone random because Salem doesn't fit the criteria?"

• cdnl33t

#33694363 - 1 month ago

In reply to Malochroma

I was also trying to figure out, if she is dead and I don't think she is, who would be in her thoughts. Ruby does seem a bit too on the head, yet kind of appropriate too.  I doubt she'd realize she's become a maiden. Though maiden + silver eyes probably makes her too OP.  

• Monotony

Monotony

#33694425 - 1 month ago

Forewarning: My page 8708 isn't working properly so if there's anything there that I might've missed, my bad.

Predictions:

Cinder ain't dead. She either comes back for a revenge kill or she kaijus out of the void. I'm hoping for kaiju. :P

Adam's DBNO, and he's gonna put up a serious fight in the finale.

Atlas is the next site. Conditionally, I'm hoping that Atlas properly conveys a highrise cityscape. (It just seems like it'd be one to me, unlike Vale, where it was more tenement-level and modest apartment-level buildings.)

And of course, the question everyone's asking...

Who's gonna bite it?! A ton of characters are poised to give up the ghost. Raven? Ghira? Ilia? Emerald? Hazel? Cinder? Qrow? Leo? Really, it feels like a salad toss-up from here.

Join The Video Beta X