Forums > RWBY

RWBY Discussion

Posts (217672)

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Treenerd Hugger

#33679925 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

I.

I don't think it's that deep.

(Also it's "Anima" and it comes from the latin word for "soul." All the continents get their names from Latin words.)

• lena27

lena27 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33679954 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Malochroma

In reply to tin-foilhat

While you're right--its Anima not Anime, I think it is that deep. Its just taken a while for the show to portray the level of depth it has.

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33679960 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to lena27

Given the enigma around Ozpin I’ve rewatched this series a bunch of times to try and understand his symbolism. There seems to be this solar symbolism surrounding him. Hell, even Ozpin’s symbol looks like a Celtic/Sun cross to an extend along with a Dharmachaka which has also been called “Odin’s Cross,” which Ozpin is heavily based upon.

Maybe not significant, but I remember that Monty’s signature was a flock of crows flying into the sun, and then I remembered that Qrow and Ozpin were originally supposed to be voiced by Monty. Based on the dualism in the series, Qrow is one half of the same figure as Ozpin. Original I thought Tai and Qrow were potentially representations of Monty’s artistic ideals given the Sun and Qrow theme but Tai is a DRAGON, a beast, not a deity.

It got me wondering, if Monty had lived would’ve he ended up voicing Oscar? I get the sense both Ozpin and Qrow are meant to be facets of the Wizard/Grandmaster/Creator, the one pulling the strings of the show and characters are pawns. This could be poking at the idea that parental “fail” their children as they grow up because they can’t protect children anymore. RWBY is a coming of age story that speaks of the difficulties leaving childhood behind and tackling on the difficulties of the adult world in the form of secrecy and political conspiracy (Ozluminati), apathetic darkness (Salem), and flawed benevolent parents/teachers (Ozpin/Qrow). Ozpin is the well meaning all powerful great and terrible Wizard, while Qrow is the Man Behind the Curtain when the veil (Vale) came down and revealed the truth.

We learn Santa isn’t real.

They learn Satan is.

• ferrets172

ferrets172

#33679989 - 2 weeks ago

The Fall of Fatman: An Introduction

Over one year ago a user by the name of Bumblebee4life started this series and has yet to continue it's premise and so I am here for it to continue may they rest in piece. Fatmanfalling is the Armond White of RWBY critics basically whatever is good is bad and whatever is bad is good. You'll see that as time goes on. Furthermore he also as an entourage of people who seem to have a vendetta against this show who appear to want to make it seem as corrupt and bad as possible while also making the CRWBY look like a bunch of lying douchbags. Don't worry people CSI: Cock Bite's on the case. And now an introduction of these members.

The Cast

fatmanfalling

Celtic Phoenix Productions

British Ninja

SickSlickProductions

TheFloofArtist

loafhero

Malik Reeves

khosef Tadros

fatmanfalling response: It's not making them look bad if it's true.

That's what I'm gonna get into that it isn't true.

fatmanfalling response: So what you're attacking us for all of our opinions.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't make it true.

Anyway please expect updates for this series weekly we'll be tackling this guys and a few other members of CSI: Cock Bite's videos on RWBY twenty minutes at a time. Why? You'll see as time goes on.

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33680160 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to ferrets172  ummm,  why???  what  the  hell  is  this?

• j.a.diablerie

j.a.diablerie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Stultus Philosophorum

#33680178 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to BlackRose99

fatmanfalling is a critic of RWBY, whose material tends to heavily accentuate the negative, and uses a lot of sarcastic hyperbole when calling the show out on some of the more dumb shit it tries to pull. Basically, he is seen as an asshole.

I personally like his reviews, and can even get where he's coming from. RWBY is not a perfect show, no show is. If you look into it, there is a crapton to nitpick about.

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Treenerd Hugger

#33680196 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to j.a.diablerie

Yes, but the forums aren't the place for a dissertation on his work. Rooster Teeth has journal posts for a reason.

• j.a.diablerie

j.a.diablerie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Stultus Philosophorum

#33680200 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Malochroma

True 'nough.

• InsaneAlphaBeta

InsaneAlphaBeta

#33681155 - 1 week ago

So...random note.

I'm The One sounds pretty good slowed down :D (i had to make a video of it slowed down to show yall, not self promoting btw, video is unlisted so only those i show can see it :D And there are no videos that do this.)

RWBY Volume 3: I'm The One: Slowed Down Version

• Malochroma

#33681967 - 1 week ago

*deep breath*

You know... when I said I wanted Catmeleon to be canon, I wasn't expecting it to rip out my heart and throw it into the fucking void.

I got everything I ever wanted in the most painful way I could have ever gotten it.

• zoeotic

zoeotic

#33682033 - 1 week ago

How do you make a new line? it wouldn't do it for me

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33682368 - 1 week ago

Anyone  know  the  whereabouts  of  Neo?

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard

#33682395 - 1 week ago

In reply to BlackRose99

In what way could you possibly assume that we, who are weekly veiwers like yourself, have any more concrete an idea on that subject than yourself?

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33682466 - 1 week ago

In reply to Malochroma

Dude try being in the Utena fandom shipping Utena/Anthy. I rewatch the movie more often than the series despite the movie making no narrative sense whatsoever because while it’s confusing as hell it ends on a happier and FAR more hopeful note than the TV series. 

And that ending includes Utena and Anthy laying naked on the floor of a broken car riding off into a dystopian wasteland.

• zoeotic

zoeotic

#33682750 - 1 week ago

I am extremely curious as to if Neo will show up. I've heard rumors her voice actor's in it??

• Lex_von_ghul

Lex_von_ghul

#33683063 - 1 week ago

looks like my theory about ozpin being the wizard was true.

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33683120 - 6 days ago

Hmm,  wonder  if  she's  at  Beacon  still???

• zoeotic

zoeotic

#33683977 - 4 days ago

In reply to BlackRose99 Yeah maybe she saved Roman (hopefully)

• BlackRose99

BlackRose99

#33684015 - 3 days ago

In reply to zoeotic  ummm,  yea???

• Schnee_Dust_Company

Schnee_Dust_Company

#33684172 - 3 days ago

In reply to zoeotic

She'll inevitably show up in the future. Probably has a secret plot to avenge Roman.

• zoeotic

zoeotic

#33684203 - 3 days ago

In reply to Schnee_Dust_Company That would literally be perfect lol

• clover_jevins

clover_jevins FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33684756 - 1 day ago

This is pretty damn good and underrated channel for RWBY memes and crack
    https://www.youtube.com/user/gta8awsomeness