• RWBY_fan01

RWBY_fan01

#33697578 - 7 months ago

Yeah,  Cinder  is  dead  and  Neo  is  still  missing

• lena27

lena27

#33697667 - 7 months ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

Cinder is sooo not dead. She have enough brain damage to put her out of commission for a max of a volume and a half but she's certainly not dead. 

• Monotony

Monotony

#33697899 - 7 months ago

I'm sticking to the "no body, no dead gurl" theory. I call it Shrodinger's Fall.

• lena27

lena27

#33698017 - 7 months ago

In reply to Monotony

I already explained it in another thread but seriously. No body, not dead. Until we have confirmation, I'm not gonna believe otherwise. 

• RWBY_fan01

RWBY_fan01

#33698052 - 7 months ago

In reply to lena27  Cinder  is  legit  dead.  She  lost  her  aura  before  she  was  frozen.  I  distintly  remember  someone  else  losing  her  aura  and  dying

• acw28

acw28

#33698117 - 7 months ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

She's more MIA (like Neo) than KIA at the moment. Until you see her body shatter/denigrate or Salem outright say she's dead, assume there is a possibility that Cinder may come back (and establish a precedent of other characters returning from the dead as well). Plus RT still has her VA under contract for the next few years.

• lena27

lena27

#33698262 - 7 months ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

That someone else was shot through heart while their aura was down and then their body was disintegrated. Cinder could be an the verge of death and then be saved. She seems to be Salem's favorite to an extent, I highly doubt Salem would let her die. As a Maiden, she's one of Salem's most powerful followers. There's just been way too much stock put into Cinder's character by the writers. More than other characters who've died. I'm not saying I like it but that's the case. I bet in Vol.6 she'll be dying and then saved. Also someone else said somewhere that when she was frozen over, an icicle went into her heart. I haven't seen that at all and I don't know where they're getting it from. Like acw28 said, she's more MIA at the moment. Until we see her die on screen or see her corpse, we can't rule anything out.

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Mollymaukery

#33698269 - 7 months ago

In reply to lena27

I feel like if they really wanted us to think she was dead they would have addressed the Maiden power transferrance. (RvB 13 used a similar technique to show that a character who fell off a high place was Definitely Dead.) As it stands, the ambiguity is almost certainly deliberate, which is why I'm equally on the fence regarding the matter. For now, I'm presuming MIA until proven KIA. Either way, she's out of the narrative for now.

• wbiddy

wbiddy

#33698389 - 7 months ago

If she isn't dead she is most likely more grimm then human

• Monotony

Monotony

#33698441 - 7 months ago

Interestingly enough I don't think we've seen a Grimm splat. Have we?

• Schnee_Dust_Company

Schnee_Dust_Company

#33698738 - 7 months ago

If Cinder is dead, someone else would be Fall Maiden. Any candidates?

Great finale though! Bring on Volume 6! I hope Jacques and Neptune join the death list. Interested to see what that relic can do as well.

• acw28

acw28

#33698741 - 7 months ago

In reply to Schnee_Dust_Company

If it's any character we already know, probably either Emerald or Ruby. Emerald being the more likely of the two given Cinder knows it would help Salem's plans, Ruby because Cinder's lost thoughts would be how she didn't kill her. However, given how we didn't see the power transfer that we saw back in Volume 3 when Amber was killed, I think it's safe to assume neither girl is currently a Maiden, and if Cinder is dead then it's probably just some random girl in Vale that we don't know about.

Also, what do you have against Neptune?

• Schnee_Dust_Company

Schnee_Dust_Company

#33698744 - 7 months ago

In reply to acw28

Yeah I'd bet on Emerald, since Ruby already has those silver eyes. But I guess it could be anyone really. I'm looking forward to how Emerald progresses from here, now that her mentor is missing, presumed dead.

I don't like how flamboyant he is.

• acw28

acw28

#33698747 - 7 months ago

Unfortunately she's probably going to regress into another revenge storyline, although it'll be interesting to see if she blames Ruby, Raven or Yang for Cinder's death.

So you don't like Roman either?

• Schnee_Dust_Company

Schnee_Dust_Company

#33698752 - 7 months ago

In reply to acw28

Well there's definitely some unresolved feelings between Ruby and Emerald after what happened to Penny and Ruby is basically Cinder's arch enemy so that would make sense. Although Yang is a possibility as well. It's difficult to predict whether she'll reform or not.

Roman had the talent to back it up. Neptune is just a narcissistic loser in comparison.

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Mollymaukery

#33698774 - 7 months ago

"Narcissistic" and "deliberately puts up a facade of coolness to hide his insecurities" (which he says he does in Volume 2) are two fairly different things, I would imagine.

• BenRG

BenRG FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold No Goodbyes

#33698828 - 7 months ago

At the end of Volume 3, I predicted that Emerald's end will involve being impaled with one of Penny's swords by Ruby. The current flow of the story seems to be transforming Emerald into Ruby's arch-foe and progressing towards that end. Emmy being the next Fall Maiden would only add spice to the confrontation. Only then will Ruby become the Fall Maiden because Emerald's last thought will be: "I hate Ruby Rose."

I'd like a scene with Watts advising Salem to be careful of her new pet Fall Maiden. "You an only control a lunatic with a revenge agenda so long as they believe your cause moves them towards their revenge, Ma'am. I am not confident that Ms Sustrai will long perceive your cause as doing so for her."

• Schnee_Dust_Company

Schnee_Dust_Company

#33698937 - 7 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

Good point. However his behavior is still grating, regardless of it being a facade. I mean, he can't even touch water. Roman can get away with acting cool since he is cool.

• lena27

lena27

#33698949 - 7 months ago

He can't touch water because he's afraid, not because he's trying to be cool. Haven't you ever met someone who was afraid of heights or spiders or something? It's very common thing, not something to judge people about.

• RWBY_fan01

RWBY_fan01

#33699085 - 7 months ago

wow........

• RWBY_fan01

RWBY_fan01

#33699088 - 7 months ago

Random  question,  ummm,  where's  Zwhei?

• acw28

acw28

#33699116 - 7 months ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

Zwei is still on Patch with Tai.

• Monotony

Monotony

#33699632 - 7 months ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

He haunts your dreams... he becomes your nightmares... his shrieks...

...Wait, you're not talking about the Nuckelavee?

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33699634 - 7 months ago

In reply to Monotony

Sounds like the Batman villain, Scarecrow

• RWBY_fan01

RWBY_fan01

#33699667 - 7 months ago

In reply to Monotony

In reply to Dinobot01  agreed

totally  off  topic,  but  Will  RNJR  be  now  called  ORNJ?