Forums > RWBY

RWBY Discussion

Posts (217867)

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33704427 - 1 week ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

Maybe something related to super speed? That’s what I’d think given his brief fight with Cinder we saw. 

Or maybe it’s something like reaction time or light time manipulation?

• RWBY_fan01

RWBY_fan01

#33704631 - 1 week ago

In reply to SAmaster

idk.  I  think  Oz  is  more  like  a  symbiotic  parasite

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33704694 - 1 week ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

I don’t think that’s related to his Semblance though. 

• RWBY_fan01

RWBY_fan01

#33704859 - 1 week ago

In reply to SAmaster

It  might  be.  Has  it  ever  occurred  to  you  that  Oz's  previous  body  wasn't  his  original.  Or  the  first,  for  that  matter

• lena27

lena27

#33704890 - 1 week ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

Well it people already know that because he said so. He said the entire reason for his soul reincarnation/ body jumping thing is that he was cursed by the gods for not defeating Salem. And it won't stop until he defeats Salem. Remember?

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33704917 - 1 week ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

He stated this outright. I don’t figure that’d Have anything to do with his Semblance though. 

• lena27

lena27

#33704936 - 1 week ago

In reply to SAmaster

Exactly.

• RWBY_fan01

RWBY_fan01

#33705010 - 1 week ago

In reply to SAmaster

In reply to lena27  

But  what  if  Oz  kills  the  host  after  they've  unlock  their  semblance?  Wouldn't  that  give  him  FULL  control  of  the  body?

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33705048 - 1 week ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

Well it depends on how much souljacking is going on, and what your opinions about identity are.

• GammaEmerald

GammaEmerald

#33705056 - 1 week ago

Speaking of such things, when they merge fully do they join together or does Oz just take control, or is it the host who goes onward with the last Oz fading away?

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33705060 - 1 week ago

In reply to GammaEmerald

My understanding is they merge but Oscar is the personality in control.

He will have the memories and experience of the Past Ozpin in him but it will be his personality that makes up most of it.

So probably a 75% oscar and 25% Ozpin split with Ozpin being mostly the memories of the Past Ozs.

• cdnl33t

cdnl33t FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33705097 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

I envision it almost as more of a 50/50 kind of thing.  I suppose it really depends on how you perceive it and how they choose to play it out in the show, but if you subscribe to the idea that our personalities and behaviors, are the culmination of our experiences and memories, then Oscar might end up being the one in control, but his personality may change to be more like the Ozpin we already know anyway.  With a few uniquely Oscar changes added on top.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33705147 - 1 week ago

In reply to cdnl33t

The way I see it, I foresee Oscar being gradually overwritten by the Ozhead. 

• lena27

lena27

#33705224 - 1 week ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

..Oz killing the host would be killing himself. He said that it was "our body now...our auras are combined."He can't hurt Oscar without hurting himself, their very souls are intertwined. Their fate is tied together.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33705236 - 1 week ago

In reply to lena27

I wonder if his situation lended any research to the aura machine. 

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33705275 - 1 week ago

b7d.jpg

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33705452 - 1 week ago

In reply to SAmaster

To quote Qrow:

Humanity's got a neat trick up its sleeve, though. Whenever we're faced with a problem, our inclination is to find a solution... It developed a more advanced technology - and they did it faster than the rest of the world - because they had to to survive.

• cdnl33t

cdnl33t FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33705592 - 1 week ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

I definitely feel like I remember that quote, but can't seem to place it.  I assume it's from a WoR episode.  Which one again?

• RWBY_fan01

RWBY_fan01

#33705773 - 1 week ago

Well  it  is  possible  for  Oz  to  "kill"  the  host  without  killing  themselves

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33705814 - 1 week ago

In reply to cdnl33t

Atlas.

• lena27

lena27

#33705965 - 1 week ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

Says who? Do you have proof of that?

• RWBY_fan01

RWBY_fan01

#33706149 - 1 week ago

In reply to lena27

Well,  we  just  discovered  that  magic  exist,  correct?

I  propose  that  during  Oz's  previous  host  incarnation  he  has  been  drinking  an  elixir  of  some  sort  to  prevent  the  host  from  "taking  the  spotlight"

• RWBY_fan01

RWBY_fan01

#33706150 - 1 week ago

A  witch's  brew,  to  be  specific

• Monotony

Monotony

#33706185 - 1 week ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

"One shot, one pill."

-A Derailing RWBY-Related Pun

• lena27

lena27

#33706222 - 1 week ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

There's nothing in the show to suggest that happened.

Join The Video Beta X