Forums > RWBY

RWBY Discussion

Posts (217893)

• cdnl33t

cdnl33t FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33705097 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I envision it almost as more of a 50/50 kind of thing.  I suppose it really depends on how you perceive it and how they choose to play it out in the show, but if you subscribe to the idea that our personalities and behaviors, are the culmination of our experiences and memories, then Oscar might end up being the one in control, but his personality may change to be more like the Ozpin we already know anyway.  With a few uniquely Oscar changes added on top.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33705147 - 3 months ago

In reply to cdnl33t

The way I see it, I foresee Oscar being gradually overwritten by the Ozhead. 

• lena27

lena27

#33705224 - 3 months ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

..Oz killing the host would be killing himself. He said that it was "our body now...our auras are combined."He can't hurt Oscar without hurting himself, their very souls are intertwined. Their fate is tied together.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33705236 - 3 months ago

In reply to lena27

I wonder if his situation lended any research to the aura machine. 

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33705275 - 3 months ago

b7d.jpg

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33705452 - 3 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

To quote Qrow:

Humanity's got a neat trick up its sleeve, though. Whenever we're faced with a problem, our inclination is to find a solution... It developed a more advanced technology - and they did it faster than the rest of the world - because they had to to survive.

• cdnl33t

cdnl33t FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33705592 - 3 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

I definitely feel like I remember that quote, but can't seem to place it.  I assume it's from a WoR episode.  Which one again?

• RWBY_fan01

RWBY_fan01

#33705773 - 3 months ago

Well  it  is  possible  for  Oz  to  "kill"  the  host  without  killing  themselves

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33705814 - 3 months ago

In reply to cdnl33t

Atlas.

• lena27

lena27

#33705965 - 3 months ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

Says who? Do you have proof of that?

• RWBY_fan01

RWBY_fan01

#33706149 - 3 months ago

In reply to lena27

Well,  we  just  discovered  that  magic  exist,  correct?

I  propose  that  during  Oz's  previous  host  incarnation  he  has  been  drinking  an  elixir  of  some  sort  to  prevent  the  host  from  "taking  the  spotlight"

• RWBY_fan01

RWBY_fan01

#33706150 - 3 months ago

A  witch's  brew,  to  be  specific

• Monotony

Monotony

#33706185 - 3 months ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

"One shot, one pill."

-A Derailing RWBY-Related Pun

• lena27

lena27

#33706222 - 3 months ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

There's nothing in the show to suggest that happened.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33706230 - 3 months ago

I had a thought- if Oz can grant people straight up magic, with the ability to shapeshifting into birds being considered minuscule, can Salem or someone else, grant magic too?

• cbwriter

cbwriter FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33706238 - 3 months ago

I kinda doubt it. Oz was most likely given his magic by the gods to defeat Salem. So far there has been no indication that Salem has any magic. That may be another reason she wants to collect the relics AND have Cinder collect the maiden's powers. She may not be able to absorb the magics directly, but may be able to gain them by absorbing another Grimm tainted being(Cinder).

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33706239 - 3 months ago

In reply to cbwriter

When was it stated the gods gave Oz magic?

• RWBY_fan01

RWBY_fan01

#33706536 - 3 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

In reply to cbwriter

Well,  technically  there  are  no  gods  in  RWBY.  But  it  was  stated  in  the  first  volume  that  only  a  few  had  some  sort  of  magical  abilities

• cbwriter

cbwriter FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33706545 - 3 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

As with many things stated here by many people, it's a guess based on the implied statement that Oz was tasked with defeating Salem at or near "the beginning". I kinda doubt that the gods would assign Oz that task without providing a means to do so. And, if you note that I said "most likely".

• cbwriter

#33706546 - 3 months ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

Well, if you believe Qrow's recounting of the tale Oz told him about the "creation" of Remnant and humanity, there were 2 gods. Vol. 4 chap.8, "A Much Needed Talk"

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33706584 - 3 months ago

In reply to cbwriter

Its actually not a guess Ozpin flat out says it.

Ozpin: My ability to reincarnate, though a curse, isn’t without a few key benefits. Much like the Maidens, I too possess a certain… “magical” power.

From Rest and Resolution 

He flat out says he has Key benefits and it comes from the curse then goes on the magic.

So the Magic is a benefit from the Curse which the curse itself is from the gods themselves.

And yes there is Gods the Brothers they just arent around any more is all and we dont know WHY. Or even what Salem did I have a feeling we will find out in Salem's backstory that was hinted.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33706594 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I still don’t remember when it was said the Gods did anything with Ozpin.

• KageDono13

KageDono13 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Dark Shipper

#33706598 - 3 months ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

Have you watch Volume 4?

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33706599 - 3 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

Ozpin: I am the combination of countless men who’ve spent their lives trying to protect the people of Remnant. (Qrow walks back into the room and hands him a cup of tea) With every rebirth, my soul is eventually merged with another and I am changed, but my memories stay with me. This curse was bestowed upon me by the gods because I failed to stop Salem in the past. But we must stop her now.

Unforeseen complications

Vol 5 ep 3

Seriously? Because he flat out says it. 

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33706600 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Okay I must have missed that line.