Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (82791)

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33620882 - 1 week ago

In reply to GendoPoserTwo I get what you mean with the mystical energy thing! By the way, what Sky uses technically isn't an energy beam...mystery power~ (not really a mystery)

• GendoPoserTwo

GendoPoserTwo

#33620885 - 1 week ago

so I think I came up with an alias for my vigilante OC. 

The Unknown. 

People tend to fear the unknown (I do at least), and nobody knows who they are. So it kinda fits. Cheesy, and corny, but what superhero name isn't?

• GendoPoserTwo

GendoPoserTwo

#33620886 - 1 week ago

"The unknown. Everybody fears the unknown. It is almost genetic. It's why we fear the dark, forests, the ocean... Not knowing who or what could be lurking around you, or what's about to happen. That is the very foundation of many phobias. As we grow older, we are taught to forget these fears. Which why I will remind anyone who has eluded the arm of the law's reach; be afraid. Be very afraid" 

~The Unknown

Just a little quote I felt like writing for the character. 

• GrisellJumpTJD

GrisellJumpTJD FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33620903 - 1 week ago

My OC's guns will be named Commodore and Falcon for his pistols and Bathurst for his larger weapon. I will let you make the connect why I'm calling them that.

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33620908 - 1 week ago

In reply to GrisellJumpTJD

Alternative, you just tell us, because people are usually far more interested in seeing other peoples creative work upfront over cryptic nonsense.

• GendoPoserTwo

GendoPoserTwo

#33620910 - 1 week ago

So I had an idea for my OC's weapons. 

I'm still going with the auto knives/brass knuckles thing, but I'm toying around with ways to add a gun function in there.

I was thinking of having the clip on top like the clip of a P90. The barrel slides forward forming a pistol (or a pair of pistols, anyways), giving them the ability to fight at a longer range. 

• LukePrather

LukePrather

#33620931 - 1 week ago

Still havent thought of a semblance for my next character. Still looking for suggestions so if anyone has any ideas id love the help. Her weapon consist of a pair of ice skates with dust infused blades, a pair of slim lightweight gauntlets that also have ice skate like blades attacked to them with dust infused edges, and her outfit is dust infused as well which allows her to throw dust energy shards at her foes. She plays the caster role on the team and just like everyone else she is of noble birth and family.

• Mr.K

Mr.K FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33620937 - 1 week ago

In reply to GenErick64

Thanks for the advice. :D

So I continue to do some more on the weapon first. Along with some simple models

Crucifix Edge, 

weighted 38 kg without ammo, 

Claymore mode length: 155 cm

Giant spear mode length: 210 cm

Blade length: 110 cm

the PTRD round loading space is hidden in the thickest part.

9fQ8j61.jpgNndCuig.jpgbGU5Vz3.jpgAccording to Dilwyn's uncle Vladimir, who used to be a sniper in army, this "big gun" is not a good option for huntsman, it is too heavy(over 17 kg) and single round, not to mention many old guns problems. It maybe powerful but won't help anything in fast combat. However, when grims attacked their village it was the only weapon which able to kill a armored grim instantly. Vladimir himself saved Dilwyn and other children with this old gun, he killed 6 grims with the only 5 rounds he had. It was luck only, he claimed. Dilwyn felt like bonded with this gun and asked for a try. She was carrying the big gun around entire day as if nothing, shoot with single arm and wrong gesture but still didn't even feel any uncomfortable about the weight and recoil. Vladimir could only give up.

After that she always has 5 rounds in her small bag. She thinks it is a lucky number from god.

After the firearm part settled, she had no idea what weapon suits her. In the grim attack she just randomly picked any hard things to wield. It was actually the first time she use something called weapon. "It felt like...... heavy stuffs are more easy to use." she said. She was asked to try many kind of heavy weapon, long axes, war hammer, giant sword, etc. She was quite good with claymore and spear. The village engineers designed a simple huntsman weapon for her, forged it with the metal from the abandoned church cross. it was the first version of Crucifix Edge. Weighted 30kg.

Not long after she entered the college, Crucifix Edge could not withstand her attack with semblance activated, it was bend to a level that couldn't be used anymore. While she could not go on training with weapon ,she was also fighting with the negative feelings, confusing and self doubting. Knowing the weapon is meaningful for her, her teammates tried all they can do. Finally they got an excellent blacksmith with bad temper to reforge Crucifix Edge. Dilwyn was cheered up instantly when she received new version of Crucifix Edge. In order to take serious hits from Dilwyn, rare alloy was required. Her teammates spent a lot on that, two of them even spent all their money for it. They keep it a secret.

------------------------------

It is so much fun doing these  barbara

• GendoPoserTwo

GendoPoserTwo

#33620943 - 1 week ago

In reply to Mr.K

Is the trigger supposed to be backwards? 

Otherwise a badass sword-gun

• Mr.K

Mr.K FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33620947 - 1 week ago

In reply to GendoPoserTwo

I made it backward...I just feel like better reduce the structures inside the blade part, for the sake of heavy hit lol whole piece of metal is the best but logically it is already a hole in the center for the long handle. :(

• GrisellJumpTJD

GrisellJumpTJD FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33620950 - 1 week ago

Commodore and Falcon are named after car manufacturers Holden and Ford and Bathurst after the city which hosts the Bathurst 1000 on Mt. Panorama.

• GenErick64

GenErick64 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Senkan Aficionado

#33620966 - 1 week ago

In reply to Mr.K

There's nothing wrong with a singles shot AT rifle. Once of my OCs has a 1918 Tankgewehr ( named Grimmgewehr) that she rides like a witch's broom.

• JymaruCrew

JymaruCrew

#33620998 - 1 week ago

[Fronting: Cain]

Commodore 64, Captain Falcon, Buthurst Corvette

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33621000 - 1 week ago

In reply to JymaruCrew I 100% read Buthurst as butthurt.

• GendoPoserTwo

GendoPoserTwo

#33621005 - 1 week ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

I read bratwurst

• likemice

likemice FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold MoPaD

#33621008 - 1 week ago

You should eat it instead

• GendoPoserTwo

GendoPoserTwo

#33621009 - 1 week ago

In reply to likemice

The read pronounced like "red" 

• likemice

likemice FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold MoPaD

#33621014 - 1 week ago

You should have eaten it instead, then.

• AlbionBard

AlbionBard FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33621023 - 1 week ago

Since the fall of Vale, Valhalla had changed. Gone were the long nights of music and high spirits, replaced by night patrols and sleeping refugees. The kitchen and bar dispensed essential rations and bulk cooked meals instead fine dining and liquors. Chausiku had nearly worked herself to exhaustion the first few days after the fall of Beacon, trying to provide for everyone before Fionn had forced her to relax, with some of the displaced souls who knew their way around a kitchen stepping in to help her with the load. Fionn himself was barely sleeping, but he had no desire to push his people the same way.

After the fire had gutted the inside of the main floor of the longue and the damage to the roof when the battleship had come down, he had been organising everything he could to get the place fit for habitation, organising supplies and getting the building’s mostly intact inner space into shape. Those people of Vale without homes to return to, waiting for their turn on the evacuation ships, had been welcoming to Valhalla, food and a warm bed were all they could offer but for many it was enough, with Grimm still roaming the academy and the streets of the city. In the week or so since the school had fallen and the Dragon had been frozen in place, The student body had been scattered for the most part, but for now, the Teams MAUV and FRST were sticking around to help keep the place safe, for which he was grateful. Itzal was dead, Xahn was still in intensive care, He had been unable to reach Ozpin at all, even on his private frequency. As for the rest of the Brotherhood, it was tricky. He had always reported to Ozpin directly via scroll and never by voice. His bar had been an excellent spot for rumours, but he had never been what you’d call a member. He knew the other headmasters would be in on it, at least, but that wasn’t a conversation he wanted to have without being face to face. Goodwitch maybe, but if she wasn’t in on Ozpin’s little club then it would be awkward to explain, to say the least.  All Fionn had to go on was that the Cinder Fall woman had been able to kill the Fall Maiden, a subject Ozpin had asked him to keep an ear out among the patrons. “If you hear anyone even talking about her, or knows she’s in Vale I want to know”. The message had said. Well, he’d never heard a thing about the girl, here, or at the other places he’d had his staff take a listen at. An academy fallen, A Headmaster and a Maiden likely dead, Grimm all over the ruins. Fionn had seen a lot over his time, though he had hoped to never see this. This whole mess had to Her doing. Whoever this Cinder Fall was, Fionn would bet the bar that she was one of Her agents, just like his old...acquaintance, Astra. He was surprised that sadistic bitch hadn’t returned for this whole fiasco, since it was too much to hope she was dead.  

“Thank the gods for small mercies” He said out loud, he gaze on the ruins of Beacon on the cliff above them. Preoccupied by his thoughts he paid no mind to much else around him. Magnis Ferrus, of Team MAUV however, absolutely had. On the roofline across the street from Fionn’s position, A figure with a long barreled weapon over their shoulder was moving into position. Urgently she elbowed her brothers Urum and Vars to get their attention and pointed. “Shall i get their attention?” Vars asked, reaching for his cards. “No” Magnis shook her head “if we attack them, they might spook and we’ll not learn anything, let’s get closer and try to catch them”

“What about Fionn?” Urum asked, breaking into a quiet trot to keep up with his sister’s stride

“It’s Fionn, he’ll be fine. But whoever this else will get away if we’re not ready to grab them”

Moving up as quietly as they could, the trio were a couple of houses behind Fionn by the time the figure was in position, hidden in the darkness of an overhanging roof. Magnis was about to try the imager settings on her visor when suddenly the figure bolted forwards, swinging their weapon up and around.

“BEOWOLF!” the cry was Urum’s. The Creature had just leapt from the building above Fionn O’denn, who looked up and registered the Grimm before Urum’s shout even left his mouth.  It plunged towards him, fangs bare and claws out, determined to gut this lone human. It never made it. Less than a metre into it’s fall and before any of the students could intervene, a steel harpoon bolt shot out and impaling into the creatures flank, causing it to howl in pain as the cord on the harpoon retracted and turned it’s descent into a sideways motion at a near 90 degree angle. The projectile had come from the mystery figure across the road, who leapt and let the cord’s momentum carry them to meet the beast half way. Colliding in mid air, their was a tumble of human and monster as the pair hit the floor, the watchers getting a hint of firey red hair and bare skin in the confusion before the pair landed with a thud that rattled the pavement. The figure was a young woman in her early twenties, flame red hair a loosey tied tangle that settled around her shoulders as with a snarl of triumpth, she rammed the barrel of her weapon into the Grimm’s mouth, pulling the trigger as she did. The air filled with the smell of frost and the sound of cracking flesh as the Beowolf’s head froze from the inside out, before the weapon was retracted and a leather boot clad foot smashed down on the open jaws, shattering the head into glittering fragments as the rest of the body disssolved.

The woman laughed to herself with satisfaction, brushing her hair back as she returned her weapon to it’s holster. Appearing to notice the three students, who were all pointing weapons at her, for the first time, she gave them a quick, polite nod before ignoring them entirely and focusing her attention on Fionn. Other than turning his head to follow her and the Grimm, he hadn’t moved at all.

“Well done, Huntress, thank you for your assistance. But I had that one under control”

The girl laughed again, an action that came easily to her.

“With your reputation, i’m sure you did Mr O’denn. But i saw a chance to introduce myself and I couldn’t resist it, or risk you, not after coming all this way to help you”

Fionn gave her his full attention now “Help me? Explain yourself, who are you?”

“My name” she said, bowing low in the Kriegen style “Is Svana. Svana O’denn. It’s a pleasure to finally meet you, Uncle”.

Magnis, Urum and Vars stared at her, and back at Fionn, their own suprised seemingly matched only by Fionn’s own.

Svana O'denn, the prodigy of frost

Name:  Svana O’denn

Allusion: Skadi

Race: Human

Height: 5’9’’

Appearance: 

Green eyes, long red hair, tied back and with braids at the sides (image link here), skin with a snow tan, with narrow facial features. White lambskin vest with fur trim on collar, waist and arms, bare arms with leather bracers, hip shorts in the same colour and style as the vest, with a heavy belt, from which hang spare Dust cylinders for her weapon's ammo and a coil of rope on the opposite side. leggings underneath with shin high leather and fur boots. Pair of snow goggles worn on forehead.

Personality:  

Svana is a born hunter, capable of excellent control of what emotions she shows on the surface, generally displaying her nature attitude of laid back confidence, with a love of sarcastic retort and an underhand sense of fair play. To Svana, the best way to deal with an enemy is humiliation, verbal or physical, letting their own confidence to the thing that leads them into being broken by her in turn. This gives those unfamiliar with her the idea that she treats everything like a game, with a flippant regard for danger and social graces, when in reality she does this to keep her own level of competence when things get serious as a trump card.

History:

Born under the name of Svanur O’denn, The person who would grow to become Svana O’denn was born in the land of Krieger. Her father Brann O’denn, the youngest brother of the Huntsman and bar owner Fionn, migrated to the Island kingdom in his early twenties, seeking to make his own name in a land where the O’denn name was less known. He became a successful tradesman, with his knowledges and contacts in Vale allowing him to become a known name in the Import/Export markets, marrying a local woman and settling down for a peaceful life in the new kingdom. In him, his child was born, and when at the age of 13 Svanur confided in his parents a desire to transition, Brann was more than happy to accept his daughter. Taking the name of Svana, as a gesture of thanks to her parents by keeping close to the name they had wanted for her, The young half-Krieger girl trained in the Kriegen style of warrior training, not following the tradition Huntsman methods used in the other four kingdoms of men.

For those last ten years she has grown into a strong and renowned young woman, her choice of weapons and fighting style leading her to choose the path of a Bounty Hunter, bringing in lawbreakers trapped in the coils of her harpoon or encased in frozen Dust. However, the story of Svana O’denn has only just begun, as Vale has fallen and along with it, the potential life of her famous Uncle. Making her choice, Svana has said her farewells to her family and has taken ship for Vale, determined to find her family, and to use her skills to aid them in whatever way she can.

Weapon:

Kaldr’s Howl - A long barreled Dust projector with a chainsaw grip and harpoon head bayonet. The weapon fires out Ice dust in a cone similar to a flame thrower, capable of being set to “Entrapment mode”, used to encase in ice, or a lethal freeze directly on contact in a manner similar to exposure to liquid nitrogen. Svana only uses the lethal mode against Grimm or mechanical foes, or in situations where killing a sentient opponent is the only option remaining. The harpoon head of the bayonet is capable of being used in melee, or being fired out on a cable. Retracting the cable can pull a target to Svana, or to pull her to solid surface.

Fighting Style:  

Her weaponry of choice allows Svana to adopt a defensive run & gun style, strafing and decoying her opponents around while bathing them in freezing Dust torrents and impaling those who get too close on her spearhead. The chainsaw style grip on her weapon lets her maintain a stable firing position at hip level, giving the the leverage to rapidly move the tip of her weapon around quickly to track targets or block close attacks. For unarmed training, her training is primarily in kick based attacks, useful with both her hands normally occupied by her weapon.

Semblance:

Huntress’ sight- Svana’s semblances allows her to alter her own perception of the world, changing her normal eyesight into effective Infrared thermography. This carries all the benefits of the technological variant of this type of imaging, with Svana able to make use of it at will, flicking between it and normal vision in the speed of a blink. When she has her Huntress’ sight active, her eyes go from their normal green to a pearlescent black/yellow colour without pupils.

• Angelus987

Angelus987 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Archangel of Prowess

#33621047 - 1 week ago

In reply to AlbionBard

Ooh, she's damn cool. Nice work Al.

• AlbionBard

#33621076 - 1 week ago

In reply to Angelus987

Thanks :) I've actually had most of this besides her appearance ready for months, but it occured to me that i'd never gotten around to make it. Thank you for letting encorporate a little bit of Krieger into her history and style, I do enjoy what you're doing with that place. 

• Angelus987

Angelus987 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Archangel of Prowess

#33621081 - 1 week ago

In reply to AlbionBard

It's no problem. To be honest I'm rather honoured that you decided to incorporate it into her character. I hope it doesn't make me sound pathetic or petty, but it really does make me feel honoured.

• GenErick64

GenErick64 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Senkan Aficionado

#33621122 - 1 week ago

In reply to AlbionBard

So, one thing I've missed, where exactly is Valhalla in relation to downtown Vale?

• AlbionBard

#33621133 - 1 week ago

In reply to GenErick64

Honestly, since we never got a good map of Vale beyond Torchwick's one we breifly see, it's not set in stone, but in relation to the devestation, Valhalla is situated right on the edge of the safe zones and the Grimm infested areas.

• GenErick64

#33621166 - 1 week ago

In reply to AlbionBard

Cool, i was thinking it was on the edge of town.

Or do you mean the area between the infested schoolground and the city itself?