Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (84588)

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33679287 - 7 months ago

In reply to angelus987

Not a problem the weapons are one of my favorite parts of character creation. So just toying with ideas is fun for me.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33679291 - 7 months ago

That gives me an idea for a question for everyone in here!

What's your favorite part of creating your RWBY OC(s)?

Mine is definitely semblances. Close second place is character design though.

• angelus987

angelus987 Archangel of Prowess

#33679292 - 7 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

Mine has to be backstory. I love making these origional pasts and experiences for all of my character's. It's probably because I'm mainly a writer rather than an artist or graphic designer.

Still, glad to see that you actually enjoy making semblances. Those things are the hardest for me.

That reminds me actually.... general question here guys, but if you had a character whose allusion was Bloody Mary, what semblance would you give them?

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33679293 - 7 months ago

In reply to angelus987 something to do with mirrors maybe.  like using mirrors as portals for either teleportation or just to launching attacks thou. (may be create ghost limbs out of reflections.)   what about the ability to see thou reflections for more spy like ability.   Maybe they can sense when someone calls their name and can either remote view that person, astro project or teleport there.

• rcmini16

rcmini16

#33679295 - 7 months ago

I like Roy! He seems big, mean, and misunderstood. Though, by his appearance, I originally thought he was some sort of beetle faunus.

My favourite part of making characters is... Really weird. It's the quirks, and the 'stupid teenager' part. Like... For example; with Aurel, his description is a grumpy, sort of stubborn knight. Right? Well, in practice (i rp with him a lot), he's a skittish, easily spooked grump who's really fun to tackle people with. I just don't like making completely serious OCs.

Oh, and I also like giving them a theme. Love that.

• bufordlu01

bufordlu01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Scary Voice

#33679296 - 7 months ago

I wouldn't necessarily say that it's my favorite part but I usually find myself designing weapons first and then a character around it. I will sometimes come up with the character's design first instead but backstory is usually the last thing that i fully flesh out.

• finyte

finyte FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Shut Up Donnie!

#33679299 - 7 months ago

For me it would have to be weapon designing, Semblance making, and appearance designing; these three are all really fun for me so I couldn't narrow it down to just one of them. I love trying to come up with a good design for a weapon and have it compliment the characters overall personality. Also Semblance's are a no brainer because YOU'RE LITERALLY MAKING A SUPERPOWER nuff said.

In reply to rcmini16

I like it! My favorite thing about him is that he's a horse Faunas I haven't seen that type of Faunas in OC's that much. I also like his Green and Gold color scheme it's very unique.

• rcmini16

rcmini16

#33679311 - 7 months ago

In reply to finyte

Thanks! I remember making the oc, discussing it with my girlfriend, and this went down:

'Yeah, so he has a lance. Like a mounted knight's lance, but shorter."

"What if it wasn't shorter?"

"Then he'd need a horse to use it properly."

"What if he was the horse"

And from then it just all came into place

• j.a.diablerie

j.a.diablerie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Stultus Philosophorum

#33679325 - 7 months ago

Generaly speakings, just making them is super fun! Making everything fit in is a nice challenge. I particularly like finding a new thing to base a character on and then make the pieces fit.

• angelus987

#33679327 - 7 months ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla

Yeah, I pretty much came up with all of those as well, so we both seem to instantly go towards something to do with reflective surfaces.

The major problem though is that I find it a bit too situational. Honestly, how often are you going to find a reflective surface to use? Unless we can come up with some sort of aspect where she makes the reflective surfaces too, I feel again that it would be too situational.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33679328 - 7 months ago

I think coming up with scene ideas is my favorite part of the creation process, whether it's OCs or characters for my original stories. I just love thinking up various crazy scenarios and flinging my characters into those scenarios to see how they react. I kinda treat characters and scene ideas like an impulsive chemistry student might treat chemicals. Any time I get a new scene or character idea, I just sort of mentally hold both of them up in front of my face and go "Ooh, I wonder what this combination will do!", throw the two together and hope for something impressive to happen.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33679335 - 7 months ago

In reply to rcmini16 Thanks! You can check my other OCs out by clicking the links next to my characters in this spreadsheet, if you want.

In reply to angelus987 Tell me more about her personality and fighting style, if you can. It'll help!

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety I recognize that mindset! I do that a lot myself, but not just with my RWBY OCs.

• angelus987

#33679338 - 7 months ago

A very poorly drawn image of her

Name: Lady Mary Sanguine

(With Mary meaning: ‘Wished-for child; rebellion; bitter.’ In Hebrew, and Sanguine being a derivative of the Latin ‘Sanguis’, meaning: ‘Blood’.)

Species: Human

Allusion: Lady Ygraine/Bloody Mary

Appearance: Standing at 5ft 6’ Mary has a very svelte physique, a pale complexion, and long sleek hair the colour of a dry red. Her eyes, under her mask, are blood red.

Clothes: In addition to her Grimm mask, her clothing consists of a red over bust corset with black velvet underneath. Over her corset, she wears black a short-sleeved robe with red-velvet lacing, which is tightened by a belt on her waist. In addition, she has an open front skirt which reveals her black shorts. She also wears a small choker on her neck. She wears two vambraces and two armoured boots of a similar design. She in addition has bandages wrapped around her hands and her arms up to her shoulders.

Personality: Mary is a quite docile individual whom almost never speaks, and when she does, it is very softly. Unlike some of her more eccentric colleagues, Mary does not revel in battle. She simply carries out the task that is required of her, and nothing more. When in battle, she does not needlessly inflict suffering, instead killing her targets quickly and efficiently.

Weapons: Her weapons, or ‘Fangs’ as she calls them, are her vambraces, which can extend a blade the size of an arming sword, which she uses in close quarters combat. Her boots also conceal a dagger blade that extend from the boots tips.

Semblance:

Powers: Mary’s ability due to being a Knight of Revelation is Haemokinesis, or the ability to control blood. When her powers are activated, her eyes flare with black and red light in a similar manner to a maiden’s. Her power allows her to control her own blood when it is spilled, usually requiring her to open a wound on herself in order to utilise it. Using her blood can form a number of weapons, including blades, or two massive blood claws on her arms.

She can control the blood of others; however, it requires the other person to have no aura, and an open wound. Her powers also allow Mary to replenish her own blood to a limited degree, meaning that she doesn’t bleed out instantly from using her abilities. Another side effect is that her blood becomes increasingly efficient, robbing her of any large drop in energy levels when its supply is depleted.

Gwaed Arm: Being a knight of Revelation Mary is also equipped with a Gwaed arm; a weapon that she forms from her own blood. Her weapon is ‘Bloodsong’ which on first glance is a regular katana. However, when blood makes contact with the blade, it glows red. When infused, the blade is able to fire energy blasts at its target, and hits with much greater force than Mary exerts into her strikes. It also becomes incredibly sharp, being able to cut through metal with ease.

The blade however will run out of blood eventually, but Mary doesn’t need to use just her own blood supply to restore it. If Bloodsong is completely embedded in another human being, it will drain their entire body of blood in 5 seconds.

Bloodsong also when infused is able to form a hemotoxic venom that eats away at the opponent’s blood supply if it is able to inflict even the slightest of wounds.

Backstory: Not much is known about Lady Mary Sanguine, other than she is a part of the Knights of Revelation, a group with extremely powerful abilities, and serves the enigmatic individual known simply as the Lord Herald. It is believed her group is affiliated with the individual known as Salem, but information is limited.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33679341 - 7 months ago

In reply to angelus987 With a power like that, who needs a semblance! Just kidding. What's the lore behind these knights of revelation?

• angelus987

#33679346 - 7 months ago

They're essentially 'anti-maidens'. I came up the idea from inverting the traditional story of how Knights save maidens, when in this AU the Knights hunt the maidens. They have the capacity to 'store' but not use the maidens power, so they don't hunt the maidens for no reason.

Unlike the maidens whom control numerous forces of nature, the knights can only control 1 aspect. However, their degree of control over it is so deep that it makes them incredibly efficient with it.

Included in this is their Gwaed arm, a weapon they are able to produce which represents the pinafore of what their power can achieve.

There are 4 knights which control the elemenst of Blood, Shadows, Heat, and Ash.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33679353 - 7 months ago

In reply to angelus987 Interesting. In that case, I'd say warping through mirrored surfaces, like you already mentioned, would be a very fitting semblance. She could just create pools of blood if there's nothing else reflective to use.

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33679356 - 7 months ago

Oddly specific one, but my favourite part is always coming up with a color palette for a character's designs. I just like colors, I guess.

Sucks, too, because I can't actually draw or make anything visual.

• ThorCharge

ThorCharge FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33679358 - 7 months ago

Do people post Grimm on here?

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33679360 - 7 months ago

In reply to ThorCharge Yep, they do.

In reply to Monodramatic Colors are great heart_eyes

• angelus987

#33679365 - 7 months ago

I did put that down at one point I think. But the thing is is that the Knights, just like the Maidens weren't always like this: they didn't always have these powers. And so I want to make sure that they all have established characters fighting styles and semblances before they were Knights.

All I need is a plausible way for Mary to create reflective surfaces outside of her powers, then I would be satisfied that it wouldn't be too situational.

But thanks for your input Anime.

• angelus987

#33679367 - 7 months ago

In reply to Monodramatic

Well seeing as you like colour palettes Mono. Would you mind giving me some advice?

What colour palette would you give to a character with steel coloured hair?

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33679371 - 7 months ago

In reply to angelus987

Tell me more about the character (preferably in PMs while I cook)

In reply to ThorCharge

What nerd would make Grimm here?

Sideglances at herself 

• angelus987

#33679375 - 7 months ago

In reply to Monodramatic

Can do Mono.

• GenErick64

GenErick64 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Senkan Aficionado

#33679390 - 7 months ago

I think mine is the challenge of trying to fit an allusion into my character design. A special challenge when I decided on a team alluded to a class of warships

In reply to angelus987

It's not much of feedback but she looks pretty good. +1

In reply to ThorCharge

*Looks at my Tiamat Grimm* Yup

• angelus987

#33679395 - 7 months ago

In reply to GenErick64

Thanks dude. It took me 3 hours to do and still looks terrible, but at least someone liked it. XD