Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (84908)

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33696658 - 6 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

I haven't even seen too many cats. Just woves!

But yeah, I make Grimm a lot, so Rinmaru doesn't help me at all.

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33696661 - 6 months ago

Guess I'll buy clipart studio. I heard that is pretty good.

And draw my edgy, overdone Wolf-Faunus OC Make a totally original character.

• sanskruz

sanskruz

#33696664 - 6 months ago

I would do this if I wasn't so sure people would come crazy at me over a certain thing.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33696667 - 6 months ago

In reply to sanskruz What is "this"?

• GenErick64

GenErick64 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Senkan Aficionado

#33696690 - 6 months ago

My bet is on Grimm hybrid :p

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Mollymaukery

#33696693 - 6 months ago

*kicks Alondra and Griselda under the nearest bed and coughs awkwardly* Wolf and cat faunus what wolf and cat faunus nothing of the sort to be found here nope not at all

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33696696 - 6 months ago

In reply to Malochroma I mean...they can be done. All overdone tropes and OP semblances and whatever can all be done, but they need to be done right. And be more interesting than just those traits. Few people can pull it off, but the ones that do have my respect.

• finyte

finyte FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Shut Up Donnie!

#33696744 - 6 months ago

I hate to admit it but I had made a wolf Faunus a few years ago and he was awful lol

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33696746 - 6 months ago

In reply to finyte Well, at least you can now see that it was bad, which means you've improved.

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33696750 - 6 months ago

Literally my first character on the first page of this thread. Granted I was only tinkering with the idea back then and hadn't solidified it until later, but I was indeed a newbie when I made him.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33696755 - 6 months ago

In reply to jVictor And now that you're more experienced, you've refined him. You're a walking example of my point, really!

• finyte

finyte FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Shut Up Donnie!

#33696838 - 6 months ago

True I'm glad I scrapped him because of how over used it was.

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33696957 - 6 months ago

Well....I tend to be the sort of person who stubbornly persists in a concept, no matter how bad it might be, because I see something gleaming within. It's been a major flaw of mine.

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33696982 - 6 months ago

In reply to A-Tank

More often than not, the people who say stuff like that tend to not deliver  expressionless

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33697118 - 6 months ago

In reply to jVictor

Tend not to deliver......ahhh,  I see. But what is 'delivering'? Can it be measured? What sort of calculus can estimate its magnitude? Do you define 'deliver' as your personal satisfaction upon reading a concept or an OC?

Damn, I'm going too deep into this.

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33697148 - 6 months ago

In reply to A-Tank

Number of words, obviously.

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33697160 - 6 months ago

In reply to Monodramatic

Very well; let's make it simple.

What do you mean?

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33697199 - 6 months ago

In reply to A-Tank

I was making a joke fueled by this one time some guy got super mad at me for claiming his character bio was annoyingly long, claiming it was that way because it was complex.

Personally, I'm not a believer in objective quality. So, like, sure, persist with whatever concepts you like.

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33697221 - 6 months ago

In reply to Monodramatic

Ahhh.....getting angry on the internet must be one of the most pointless things one can do. If you can't take it, just leave. People just don't seem to grasp that.

Anyway, thanks for explaining, and I apologize if I seem a bit thick-skulled at times.

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33697234 - 6 months ago

In reply to A-Tank

Don't sweat it. We'll probably just bully you into understanding us one way or another

• jVictor

#33697237 - 6 months ago

In reply to A-Tank

Usually its determined by there being any meaningful improvement. We've seen lots of people ask for criticism, get it, say they'll use it to improve, and then just post a reskin of the same exact character without any real changes.

• Monotony

Monotony

#33697441 - 6 months ago

In reply to jVictor

B-b-b-but cosmetics don't affect gameplay!

:P

• SmiggieBall5

SmiggieBall5

#33697512 - 6 months ago

All this... Yeah, this is why I made my first faunus a rabbit

(I mean he was also based on peter rabbit but cmon that doesn't matter right he totally couldve been a cat)

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33697618 - 6 months ago

In reply to SmiggieBall5 Was his faunus trait ears? 'Cause that's still just as cliche. Rabbit ears. Since we've seen about a billion in the canon show.

• SmiggieBall5

SmiggieBall5

#33697692 - 6 months ago

Well shit...