Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (84501)

• Arita25K

Arita25K

#33691996 - 1 week ago

In reply to Noel-Flora

Hm, I don’t mind helping, and it’s possible as long as she was within Vacuo at one time, I do plan to have him travel, but still. S far as things go, she uses a claymore, maybe a confident gal? Someone whose rather bright and cheerful? Loves a good thrill? Companionship? Maybe someone with a rather cold personality? She doesn’t trust people so much, if she sees not in an academy, but what do you like in people, or what do you see her as? A personality is determined first and then a backstory is made.

• Noel-Flora

Noel-Flora

#33691997 - 1 week ago

This was my idea for her personality.

Selene is very childish throwing tantrums or harming others when she doesn't get her way.
    She hates following orders and prefers to act on her own will.
    This includes jumping headfirst into a fight without thinking
    ahead of time and doesn't take the consequences of her actions into account.
    When something doesn't workout she pins the blame on others. The only way to
    calm her down is to give into her desires or a firm smack to the head. She hates doing more work than what's required which leads to her being very lazy.

• Arita25K

Arita25K

#33691998 - 1 week ago

In reply to Noel-Flora

Hm, childish while also actually harming others if she doesn’t get her way, also hates listening, and acts on her own. So she’s a stubborn girl who blames anyone, even if she messes up, and she also doesn’t think think on her actions, so I’d say this isn’t so bad, and being lazy also weakens her combat ability, so maybe after meeting Henry she’d realize she needs to train? I’m not sure whether they’d help each other or end up fighting, but I can tell you she’d easily stir up Hyde. Personality doesn’t seem bad at all to

• Noel-Flora

Noel-Flora

#33691999 - 1 week ago

In reply to Arita25K

Maybe henry is the only person who's able to keep selene in check and act as an older brother figure.

• Arita25K

Arita25K

#33692003 - 1 week ago

In reply to Noel-Flora

Hm, he’d definitely try, but he’s also probably worried about himself a bit in case he goes off the rails, but even Hyde would protect her if it came up. As far as things go, Henry would definitely keep her in check, although I’d say he’d take a different path but he’d give her advice whenever and check in her obviously. 

• Noel-Flora

Noel-Flora

#33692005 - 1 week ago

In reply to Arita25K

Maybe selene could've been apart of his surrogate family and became upset after he left. 

• Noel-Flora

Noel-Flora

#33692006 - 1 week ago

here's an update of selene's personality.

Selene is very childish throwing tantrums or harming others when she doesn't get her way.
    She hates following orders and prefers to act on her own will.
    This includes jumping headfirst into a fight without thinking ahead of time and doesn't take the consequences of her actions into account.
    When something doesn't workout she pins the blame on others. The only way to calm her down is to give into her desires or a firm smack to the head.
    She hates doing more work than what's required which leads to her being very lazy. When selene isn't being childish she's quite cheerful and fun loving
    selene is often quickly angered when she's teased for being a lesbian.

• Arita25K

Arita25K

#33692008 - 1 week ago

So you’re saying she’d be part of the bandit group along with him and they were probably close, but she may hold a grudge or simply be upset by the fact she abandoned her and the group? It’s a possibility, but what’s her story? How’d she end up where she is? She Vacuo material? Atlas? Vale? Mistral? Ya name it, ya know?

• Noel-Flora

Noel-Flora

#33692010 - 1 week ago

In reply to Arita25K

Backstory idea: Selene was born to a poor income family when she was young her village was raided by bandits. Selene was forced to watch her parents die as they fought back against the bandits. That was the day she discovered her semblance using her newly acquired power she set several bandits aflame. But she was quickly overwhelmed and knocked out after awakening the bandits gave her two choices join them or die. She chose death but henry stopped his comrades from killing her because he saw potential in her. Since than the two have been very close henry was the one who helped selene design and built her weapon. He even trained her but training sessions usually didn't go according to plan due to selene's stubbornness and childish attitude.

• Arita25K

Arita25K

#33692014 - 1 week ago

I’d say that the bandits would’ve wanted to kill her, although wanting her for a semblance, but I believe Henry would step in because he didn’t want more people to die, especially a kid, so it’s make sense that he grows up with her, and while Henry is someone who’d help her with her weapon, I honestly don’t know about Hyde who’d rather get rid of her since he’d be the kne training her with how he fights, but Henry would have more control. I’m fine with that though, not bad really.

• Noel-Flora

Noel-Flora

#33692017 - 1 week ago

In reply to Arita25K

The reason I thought they would want selene for her semblance is because of how useful it could be.

• Noel-Flora

Noel-Flora

#33692018 - 1 week ago

Unfortunately I have to log out I have work at 9am where I live.

• GendoPoser

GendoPoser

#33692109 - 1 week ago

quick question for any polearm weapon experts...

A character of mine uses a glaive, but on occaision, he uses it like a spear as well. Would a glaive be good for throwing, or no? 

• Arita25K

Arita25K

#33692122 - 1 week ago

In reply to Noel-Flora

I'd say that they'd want her just because she has her aura unlocked, and any kid with aura unlocked is a good asset to have and raise. Even then, this is speculation, cause I'd want Henry to build bonds as well as Hyde, I'm just making sure your character isn' too dependent. She does have to have a story of her own, ya know?

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33692127 - 1 week ago

In reply to GendoPoser

It depends on how well balanced it is. Since a glaive is typically a heavy blade on a long shaft, it probably wouldn't be properly balanced for throwing. That doesn't stop people from throwing their weapons though, particularly as an act of desperation. 

• angelus987

angelus987 Archangel of Prowess

#33692144 - 1 week ago

In reply to GendoPoser

I'd say yes, but it'd be far less effective than a spear or a javelin since the blade is so heavy. It wouldn't be able to travel as far or pierce as well.

• c4blec

c4blec Way of the 3rd Dimension

#33692855 - 4 days ago

In reply to SmiggieBall5

first question you must ask yourself...

do yu kno de wae?

how will each of the four characters be important in the story you want to tell with them?

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33692861 - 4 days ago

In reply to c4blec >referencing the latest of unfunny memes

I can't believe you've done this.

• user-59f4cc5dcb079

user-59f4cc5dcb079

#33692866 - 4 days ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

Oh shit, whaddup?

(I'm sorry. Wait, what are you doing with that shoe?)

• PerunTakashi

PerunTakashi

#33693078 - 4 days ago

yo guy im semi back here to drop some news: im starting a deviant art group based on rwby, since i have nothing productive to do anymore but work and don't want my talent to go to get rusty-- it's in its own universe so there's no messing with cannon things. if you want to know more information i'll be posting, sharing updates until its ready. or you can dm me, ask me any questions here. i'll be here lurking for about an hour so ask up if you want

• finyte

finyte FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Shut Up Donnie!

#33693122 - 3 days ago

I want to get some opinions on a small portion of a rough concept for my OC Adler Thorn; I'll appreciate some feedback. :)

Name: Adler Thorn

Color: Forest Green

Allusion: David "Davy" Crockett

Affiliation: Adler is a student with the rest of his team, CRNT, at Beacon Academy.

Species: Faunas

Faunas type: Eagle, the trait he has is Eagle wings on his back.

Hair: Spiky and Dark Red (this will probably change)

Eyes: Normally Dark Brown but will change depending on his mood/emotions. Blue = Happy, Red = Angry, Lavender Purple = Calm, Green = Restless, Annoyed, and Nervous, Pink = Loving, Raisin Purple = Sadness or Pain, Golden Yellow = Fear.

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 156 pounds

Symbol: A Bloody Eagle wing.

Weapon: Bleeding Talons, talon like bladed boots on Adler's feet (3 claws on the front and one in the back on the heel), Adler also laces the blades with different types of toxins such as Arsenic, Cyanide, and Strychnine, that he makes from certain plants to use against Grimm or even other people.

Semblance: I'm currently brainstorming different things but right now I have an idea about Adler manipulating the land around him or even using Dust crystals to make a trap for Grimm or other people. Any thoughts or ideas on how I could use this?

So that's what I have on Adler right now, I'm still going through different things with him but I did want to get some opinions on what I have here, I will also answer any questions the best I can.

• user-59f4cc5dcb079

user-59f4cc5dcb079

#33693140 - 3 days ago

In reply to finyte

Why can his eyes change color?

• finyte

finyte FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Shut Up Donnie!

#33693150 - 3 days ago

In reply to user-59f4cc5dcb079

I wanted something to express his moods/emotions, Adler has a very mono-toned personality that I'm still trying to work out; so in order to tell what emotion he's feeling I wanted his eyes to be the key hint for that.

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33693211 - 3 days ago

In reply to finyte

Or you could just describe how he feels. You don't appear to be using any sort of visual medium, so having a visual hint for his emotions seems pointless.