Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (84918)

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33733354 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety

You pose a good point and if you want me too i'll even apologize to badweapontracking for my crankiness.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33733357 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to FlameHaze001

You're still dodging providing an explanation.

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33733358 - 2 weeks ago

I'm not sure how to tell you in a way that makes sense i'm not very good at explaining things.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33733359 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to FlameHaze001

What part of what he said made you think it was angsty, and what thought process did you use to interpret it as such?

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33733360 - 2 weeks ago

I need a few minutes to think this over so I can explain my thought process in a way that everyone can understand.

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33733361 - 2 weeks ago

(sorry for the double post)

When i read badweapontracking comments i saw it as whining which i found to be annoying.

Because my stress levels have been sky high recently i let my temper get the better of me.
    I'm aware it isn't an excuse, I know i have a bad track record of being very irritable and hostile
    towards others which i'm trying to change. In my mind i saw badweapontracking's attitude as childish and rude so i decided to tell them to chill out.
    (note: I'm using the pronoun them because i don't know if badweapontracking is a boy or girl)

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33733363 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to FlameHaze001

Forum etiquette rule #5: never post when in a bad mood, there is a 95% chance you will say something you'll regret.

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33733364 - 2 weeks ago

I'll be sure to keep that in mind for the future.

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33733395 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to badweapontracking

My dude, you literally called your character a "Hunter-hunter". Do not try and pretend you're not copying Killua.

Anyways, I didn't say a single thing about changing motives. I was laughing at the fact that he got his ass kicked after training for this his whole life.

• sumthindarkside

sumthindarkside

#33733434 - 2 weeks ago

Hey. It's been a few months since I've been here to chat about my RWBY team. So I'm going to show you guys what I have so far about Team ERTH

Name: Esteban Dorado

Color (Theme): Gold and Jade Green

Allusion: Mysterious Cities of Gold

Affiliation:  Team ERTH, Beacon Academy

Basic Info: 17 years old, Human, Hispanic, brown hair, brown eyes

Symbol: (To be determined)

Appearance:  2qWaWK.png

A Shoulder length, brown haired, Hispanic young man. He wears a whitish blue tanktop shirt with a crescent moon medallion. In the left corner of the shirt, there is an aztek style bird on the shirt. He also wears a pair of cutoff jeans that stop ¾ way down. He also wears a belt with a sun design on the buckle, and a blue cape.

Background/History: A young orphan from Vacuo, he grew up studying about ancient stories, fairy tails and myths. Having a voracious appetite for learning, that stems to the mysterious disappearance of his father, also an elusive hunter, that has been considered missing for years.

Upon hearing rumours that his father was still alive, he set off to learn where the man could have gone.

However, in his travels, Esteban discovered his semblance, which he didn’t think much of it, until he ventured into some ruins that revealed a history behind a similar notion of his semblance. However, this aspect of his semblance made him a target of the Grimm. 

His adventures lead him to run from them, leaving a trail of destroyed ruins. He then leaves Vacuo for Veil in search of the historian Dr. Oobleck to help him decipher the medallion he had with him, since his childhood. This has struck up a friendship between the two, as he was enrolled at Signal, and later Beacon.

Personality: A bold, headstrong idealist That would do anything for a friend. He is the natural leader of his team, and sometimes doesn’t think things through. He can be intelligent, but sometimes he skips a few details, and can overestimate himself.  When it comes to being thanked by people, he can be nervous and shy.

Weapon: Solaris: gold, jade green and obsidian coloured

Form 1: A Macahuitl that can activate a chainsaw mode, used for slashing, defense, and for high acrobatic, primarily aerial combat

Form 2: Assault Rifle, using a 40-round magazine, can be modified with Dust bullets

Aura/Semblance: Golden Condor: His Semblance manifests itself in the shape of a golden bird. Some mistake it for a phoenix, but it is a different legend. In the beginning, the boy had a connection with the sun. He has the ability to launch searing “feathers” of superheated light, and he can focus it to blind his enemies, and gains a limited flight. Too little is known about the specifics of his semblance

Fighting Style:  

Notes/Trivia:  Likes: Adventure, history, Saving people, spicy food

Dislikes: Heights (Very Acrophobic), being on a stage, Injustice

Name: Heidi Morgenrot

Color (Theme): MorningRed, Pink and white

Allusion: Heidi of the Alps

Affiliation:  Student at Beacon, Team ERTH

Basic Info: Age: 18 years old, Human, dark brown shoulder length hair, Blue eyes

Symbol: (I would like to put a symbol, but that would probably be one of the last things I set up

Appearance:  sEfffM.png

A blue eyed, brown, curly haired young woman, she has a streak of blond in the front. He hair goes down in a side braid on the right side, just over the shoulder. She wears a Long sleeved white dress shirt, with a gothic pink sleeveless over shirt that ends in a combat skirt, going down to her knees. She also wears combat boots for functional reasons

Background/History: She was an orphan, the daughter of two hunters who died in the line of duty. The last of her kin was her grandfather, who was a bitter old hermit. Taking her in, but treating her as a nuisance at first, her kindness and caring nature opened his heart. She grew up familiar with the area, and her grandfather gave her a good education. How to read, how to properly survive in the mountains, and even violin. One day, while she was gathering food in the isolated mountains of Vale, she came under attack by a Grimm. After a heated chase, her grandfather dashed and struck down the Grimm with a hunter’s weapon, but was gravely wounded. After a week, he woke up from his coma, and after one evening in deep thought, told her the truth of his life. He was once a hunter, disillusioned with the life of a Hunter, and what he perceived as a curse. How the life of a hunter is often one of misery. He tried to raise his son his way, but the boy would leave to become a Hunter of his own, which upset the old man. He grew even more bitter when he married a Huntress, and they both died in the line of duty. Now aware of his inevitable death, he had a difficult decision. Knowing that his beloved granddaughter would have to survive on her own, he would have to teach her the one thing he did not want to teach her: The art of the Huntsman. Deciding that his love for Heidi surpassed his hatred of the curse, realising that she may never find happiness, he realised that she would need to make the decision on her own terms. He started training her, even before he fully recovered. Awakening her Semblance, and training, he also was crippled from the attack. After a couple years of training her, his old age caught up with him. One night, he told the doctor to go home, and asked the young Heidi to carry him to his chair in the living room, and requested her to play her violin for him. As she played his favourite song, he smiled and closed his eyes to feel the music of his granddaughter’s heart. When she finished the song, she turned to him, and checked to find he passed in the middle of her concert, with a peaceful smile on his face. He also left a note for her, that would be directed to Ozpin, explaining her situation, if she should choose it. Choosing to move forward with her skills, in hopes of helping those in need, she would choose the path of the Huntress and move for Vale, with her grandfather’s weapon, Alpengeist in hand.

Personality: Friendly and sisterly, she is the older sister of the team. Heidi is mature, and although sometimes she nags her team, she very patiently appreciates what she has, and doesn’t ask for anything more than to enjoy her life. She is the level-headed member of the team, and she embraces her feminine nature, and her role as the girl on the team. Very gentle, it’s hard to believe she can actually fight, and has a very passionate side. She also has a major fangirl side, treating young male musicians like pop idols, romantic comedies, and science fiction space operas. When she starts playing a video game, she tends to lose track of everything, as she gets caught up in it, possibly days on end. (Thomas would point out, she once played for 36 hours straight before someone stopped her. When asked, Thomas wanted to know how long it would take her to walk away) She also loves to draw, but she is terrible at it. (Once making children run away in fear because of a drawing she made. She insisted it was a beautiful princess, but they screamed that it was an ugly Beowolf Grimm) She has a very stubborn side, that refuses to walk away from a challenge, until it is completed.

Weapon: Alpengeist  (Going to go into more intensive description closer to the end of the work on the character.)

Form 1: A violin and bow that can channel sound waves when she wills it. The bow also can contain Dust ammunition for a variety of effects

Form 2: The violin turns into a German longsword, and the bow turns into a shortsword

Aura/Semblance: Sonic Concerto: Heidi controls sonic based attacks, often used in conjunction with her violin. It can be used either for all out attacks, or to calm others around her.

Fighting Style:  Heidi may be skilled at close combat, but she prefers to take a long-ranged support role to her team. Combining her sound based Semblance, with a variety of dust elements for attacks, to blast, calm, or even distract an enemy. On her own, she will try to use hit and run tactics, mixing up her violin attacks, and her dual sword attacks. She isn’t as skilled at unarmed combat, and sometimes prefers to opt for diplomacy before actual violence. Although she is a lot more protective of people around her, she does have an impulsive side that leads into rash decisions at times

Notes/Trivia:  Likes: Cooking, peace, her friends, music, her grandfather, video games, drawing, Classical music and young classical musicians

Dislikes: Those who would hurt others, being away from the mountains, people who don’t work to achieve their full potential, walking away from video games, people who dislike her drawings

Name: Rémi Bleu Vitalis

Color (Theme): Sky Blue and yellow

Allusion: Rémi, Nobody’s child

Affiliation:  Student at Beacon, Team ERTH

Basic Info: Age 16, Dog Faunus, Pale skin, Blue Eyes, Sandy blonde hair

Symbol: (To be decided)

Appearance:  

remi.png

A dog faunus, he has blue eyes, and wild golden blond hair, with golden pointed ears on his head, also has a sleeveless light blue vest with gold yellow lining, he also wears jeans with an embroidered yellow monkey on the right side.

Background/History: Abandoned as a baby, Rémi was found by a man who thought he would get a reward for finding the baby, and left him with his wife. He was surprised when he found out the baby was a faunus, and when he was injured in a work-related accident, he sued the company, but he lost his case. Left destitute, he urged his wife to sell the faunus child, but she refused. She loved the child. The cripple turned to the drink, and one day brought the boy with him to the bar, only to sell him to what seemed to be a minstrel named Vitalis. This minstrel traveled with the boy, and opted to teach him how to be a proper minstrel, and also taught him some special arts. He was an apparent agent of Ozpin, traveling around as a spy for the headmaster. Over the years, he raised the boy as his son, regardless of his faunus background. Their travels were harsh and brutal, and both nearly died to Grimm attacks, renegade bandits, and even the harsh environment. At some point, they snuck in Atlas to find a possible link of faunus abuse in a mine, only to find that Adam of the White Fang was also present. After refusing Adam’s demands, Vitalis defended himself and Rémi, only to be mortally wounded, and escaping in a freezing blizzard. Realising that they couldn’t go very far, he stopped his adopted son, and dug a hole in a small hole, took the boy and put him in the hole, the boy didn’t realise the full extent of the man’s injuries, and he removed his jacket, and covered the young boy’s chest. He finished by joining the boy, and covering the boy with his body heat. The blizzard raged, and the Hunter in training fell asleep, only to wake up, after the storm, and to try to wake up his father figure. As he pushed the man out inadvertently, there was a man that was passing by. This man with raven hair and a large sword-like weapon sighed, as he observed the scene. Recognising the now dead Vitalis, he reluctantly brought the young orphan with him, to Signal Academy. Attending the academy, he eventually would meet some of his friends, that he would join in Beacon Academy.

Personality: Rémi is a young boy that tends to force a joyful smile on. Usually he comes across as upbeat and optimistic, but in truth that is his mask. He forces his optimistic view, and at times to a degree that tends to crack the moody mask of fear and abandonment issues deep within. He tends to cling and seek the attention to those he cares for, particularly those he calls his new family. When he is on his own, he tends to be insecure, and his direction is a lot more confused, and indecisive.

Weapon: Dolce Jolicoeur

Form 1: a pair of deep royal blue and yellow gauntlets that extend over his hands to create two sets of claws. The claws are on the side of his hands, similar to punch gauntlets. This is the primary form, as it can be equipped with dust to launch elemental claw-like attacks

Form 2: it also has wrist mounted gun, that isn’t as strong, but it is rapid firing automatic ammunition

Aura/Semblance: Velocity; He ramps up his speed to heightened levels to charge at enemies. This allows him to carry a lot more force into his attacks. The problem is, when he activates this, he commits to an attack, he has to see it through.

Fighting Style:  Rémi is a much more direct combatant. For someone who likes stories and books, he opts for a more straightforward “Charge!” approach, as fast as he can. He cares more for close ranged combat, sometimes letting his senses track his enemies for him. With his Aura, he charges and deals massive damage, but this is prone to leaving him open, if one can avoid his devastating attacks, that deals more physical damage.

Notes/Trivia:  Likes: Books, Friends, Reading, those he considers his family, Hearing stories, music, sweets

Dislikes: Bitter food, perfume, loud noises, the cold, White Fang, specifically Adam, being alone

Also: The colour blue references a similar story, Romeo’s blue skies, but there is no allusion to the character aside from the name Bleu.

Name: Thomas Huckleberry

Color (Theme):  Dark Purple and Caramel Brown

Allusion: Huckleberry Finn

Affiliation:  Beacon Academy, Team ERTH

Basic Info: 17 years old, Human, Dark skin, brown eyes and brown hair

Symbol: (To be done later)

Appearance:  

ZFS84M.png

A Dark skinned, freckled young man, with almost lazy brown eyes, and messy brown hair, he has a straw hat that he either wears on his head, or leaves it hanging from his shoulders, over his back. He wears a dark blue jacket, and a messy button-down shirt that’s half tucked in. he also wears baggy jeans, and is often seen with a piece of grass in his mouth

Background/History: A resident of Mistral, Thomas Huckleberry had a rough life ahead of him. Constant Grimm attacks, bandit raids and black-market dealings were a way of life. In order to survive, Tom had to develop humanity’s greatest tool: His mind.

Growing up under the thumb of a washed up drunk burglar, “Pap” kept a close eye on his son, and tried to turn Thomas into a younger version of himself. This caused an argument between him and his sister Sally, who wished to run away with the boy for a better life; however, that dream would be fleeting, as Pap asked a friend of his to track down the young boy. This friend brought a group of brigands to find the woman and the boy, and in the tussle, Sally was killed in the ongoing violence, leaving the young Thomas Huckleberry to awaken his Semblance and sneak away from the attackers. This lead him to his fateful meeting with an idealistic young Faunus called Jimmy, who wished to help his people from oppressive lawmakers, officials and other ilk who abuse the Faunus.

The two worked together in order to get to Haven academy, but the plan went awry: the young Tom had Pap trailing after him, and Jimmy had a hunter who wished to hunt down Faunus for sport, claiming them “Humans’ greatest hunt”; the two boys barely escaped the men, right when they got to the Haven undercity. As such, the two would be forced to smuggle themselves out of Mistral in order to get proper protection, as Pap and the hunter’s contacts in the undercity worked to surround them.

This unfortunately would lead to Jimmy knocking out his best friend and hiding him in a barrel on an airship headed for Veil, only for the lad to wake up, and try to leave the airship for his friend, only to see the hunter get his prey, and kill young Jimmy.

The trip across the skies were a quiet one, as the young teen boy would think about what he could have done to help both people who gave their lives to protect him, and this gave him one conclusion: He needed to learn to protect those around him, and to help Faunus like Jimmy who are helpless to those who would hunt them like animals.

He made his way to Signal Academy, where he would train to become a Huntsman, and this would allow him to escape and hide out from his father, Pap, who is still out there, intent on getting his son back.

Growing up, he eventually made it to Beacon, biding his time, feeling a lot readier to face the Faunus Hunter, the bandits that killed Sally Huckleberry, and old Pap Huckleberry, and other troubles that the world of Remnant may bring him.

Personality: Thomas is a lazy genius that wishes for a world that can sit back and enjoy watching the clouds fly by. He enjoyed a good adventure, pranks and mischief sometimes for the sake of it, or to watch the train wreck happen, and brain teasers. He doesn’t like to talk about his past, and has a bit of a cynical attitude to trusting others, that he hides with his laid-back jokes. He trusts his team because of their optimistic honesty, but generally, he expects the worst in people when he firsts meets them, even if he doesn’t vocalise it.

Weapon: Old Jimmy Boomstick (To be detailed later)

Form 1: A fishing spear, that can also use the sniper ammunition

Form 2: a double barreled Shotgun (Was advised either that or a speargun)

Aura/Semblance: Silent Observer: This allows Huck to blend into the surrounding background, and mask his presence for a limited time of 20-30 seconds. It’s purely stealth based, and works in any environment

Fighting Style:  Thomas prefers a precision based combat style. He studies his enemies, and exploits their weaknesses. He uses his semblance to befuddle his enemies, and treats combat like a puzzle to be solved. Unfortunately, the weakness to his fighting style, is that he plays with his food at times when he is not taking things seriously.

Notes/Trivia:  He speaks in a southern US accent.

Likes: Nice relaxing days, the sea, observing people, freedom

Dislikes: bullies, those who disrupt his naps, things getting too boring, “Pap” Huckleberry, bounty hunters that go after Faunus

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33733525 - 1 week ago

After having played Amity Arena, I have come up with some brand spankin new prompts for OCs:

What is your characters:

- cost

- attack style (melee vs ranged)

- special ability

Ill elaborate on specifics if asked,

Suffice it to say, I found the game to be really fun.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues

#33733530 - 1 week ago

In reply to jVictor Cost?

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33733539 - 1 week ago

In reply to jVictor

Is this a video game reference I'm not getting?

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues

#33733541 - 1 week ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety I Googled it, Amity Arena is an upcoming RWBY mobile game. Attack style and special ability are pretty self-explanatory, but I'm not sure about cost.

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33733542 - 1 week ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

So essentially cost refers to your mana pool, or "aura" in-game. It fills up pips at a fixed rate to a max of 10 and you need X amount of pips to play a card with X cost. This is why you want to vary your deck with cards of various costs.

Cost usually correlates to unit health and power. For instance, my highest cost card when I played was my Beringal, which was 7 pips and was very good for late game pushes.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues

#33733547 - 1 week ago

In reply to jVictor Mana pool. You play MTG?

• jVictor

#33733549 - 1 week ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

Ive played it enough to know the rules. I also play hearthstone a lot.

• PandaBrady

PandaBrady

#33733560 - 1 week ago

So. I did the math in RWBY and have 9 (1 wip, 8 to go) teams to fill for a full class. 16 teams total. I have 3 from the show, 4 of my own, 1 Wip, and 8 to come up with. I'm trying to come up with some names. I've got Team CRML composed of Carmen (no last name yet), Robin (no last name yet), Melody Green (no allusion yet), and an L name (preferably female)

So, I need help fixing the above and coming up with two more teams. This will have the Full Class as

CRDL: Black Bishops

JNPR: White Rooks

RWBY: White Knights

SNOW: White Bishops

BONE: White Royals

GALE: Black Rooks

DUST: Black Royals

CRML: Black Knights

Pieces remaining are the White Rook's Pawns, Black Rook's Pawns, White Bishop's Pawns, Black Bishop's Pawns, White Knight's Pawns, Black Knight's Pawns, White Royal's Pawns, and Black Royal's Pawns.

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33733590 - 1 week ago

In reply to PandaBrady

Is luna a suitable L name?

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues

#33733601 - 1 week ago

In reply to FlameHaze001 Well there's a team SSSN, so I think luna is good too.

• PandaBrady

PandaBrady

#33733607 - 1 week ago

In reply to FlameHaze001

Yeah, Luna works great. 

Edit: So, if RWBY's year at beacon is any measurement, there are 64 students per year. I remember hearing that there are three years, though glenda claimed four, and no one has seen past 2nd years in action. That means at the school there should be 192-256 students. If the other schools have the same size then we are looking at worldwide 768-1024 Huntsmen and Huntresses in training. 

So at most a Kilobyte of Hunters. Lol.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33733617 - 1 week ago

In reply to PandaBrady

Yeesh, no wonder the grimm are still a prominent threat. The number of huntsmen in training at any given time is only about 0.05% (rounding 1024 to 1000, and rounding 2,083,100 to 2,000,000) of the number of people estimated to have served in the US military in 2017 (including the reserves). If you're wondering where I got the military numbers from, honestly, I just went with the google results.

• jVictor

#33733624 - 1 week ago

In reply to PandaBrady

I actually think there are more than that per class. Beacon's campus seems quite populated. It would be reasonable to assume that there is more than one initiation day.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33733627 - 1 week ago

In reply to jVictor

Could also be that they have one initiation day, and just have multiple locations for the same kind of test. Forest of Forever Fall maybe?

• PandaBrady

PandaBrady

#33733629 - 1 week ago

In reply to jVictor

There are only 4 professors we know of, Port, Oobleck, Glynda, and Plum (I mean Peach). Meaning each class would have 16 students per class if my numbers were correct. But that would only be 1 year. 

I guess this allows for more OC potential though.