Forums > RWBY

Red vs White

Posts (10)

• Aster

#32033324 - 5 years ago

This is the Internet so this had to happen at some point. Between Ruby and Weiss which do you think is the better one? Interpret better however you wish. Favorite, would win in a fight, whatever.

Personally I have to stick with Ruby. Weiss was amazing to watch but watching Ruby move about slicing wolves was just more fun to me.

• StalwartDawn

#32033326 - 5 years ago

For now, Ruby is my favorite. Although, Weiss is definitely very very cool.

• j4ckk3y

#32033327 - 5 years ago

It's hard to say. Ruby has speed and strength with the power of her weapon and is clearly able to handle a large number of enemies. However, Weiss has agility and speed with magic(or whatever you would choose to call the snowflake symbol boosts), in comparison to Ruby's powerful transforming weapon. They have very distinct fighting styles and Weiss was only fighting 1 large enemy. They're both very cool but I'm thinking that during battles Weiss might be able to use her speed boosts to avoid bullets from Ruby's weapon to get several jabs into Ruby. But on the other hand, Ruby can easily swing once and send Weiss flying.

...Clearly I am still up in the air lol. I guess in a battle sequence in my head, I see Weiss winning.

• SeinenSeth

#32033328 - 5 years ago

Honestly I like them both. They're very good fighters, so it's very hard for me to say which one is better.

• Blood_XIII

#32033329 - 5 years ago

We may see them fight at some point, though I suspect they'll be evenly matched.

The question will be whether the girls will know each other at the start of the series or if it will be an acquiring of people over time.

• Kratos995

Kratos995 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32033330 - 5 years ago

Ruby seems more badass. Plus the weapon is more unique. But Weiss looks great too

• Bloodwing88

#32033331 - 5 years ago

Ok thinking seriously about this, I think Weiss has the advantage, she seems slightly more versitile than Ruby.
    Ruby's weapon is pure power with very little defence and she has to make use of the recoil to wield it efficiently, this can give Weiss an edge and all she needs is one clean hit to finish it using a combo of her feint and finishing strike.
    However it seems Ruby is the faster of the two but was that her own power or was it an effect of the bullets she equipped?
    I can also think of a few other aspects of their abillities like Ruby at top speed vs Weiss with red powered Spellsword.

On a last note these trailers are ment to be like character demo's so clearly we haven't seen either of their full abillities.

• InfinityLDog

InfinityLDog FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Axios

#32033332 - 5 years ago

Ruby all the way man. Much more exciting! She didn't need magic to defeat her pack of enemies unlike Weiss who did to take out one enemy. Ruby is just so much more awesome.

• Bloodwing88

#32033333 - 5 years ago

In reply to Sniper96, #9:

Perhaps but what it comes down to is Quality vs Quantity, lot's of organic werewolves, easy to cut through with the Cresent Rose vs one giant heavily armoured inorganic knight, probably impervous to most physicle attacks...
    I think the knight requiered some extra effort to fell.
    Plus we don't know if Ruby can use magic.

• Brent10

Brent10 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Alchemist

#32033334 - 5 years ago

As for fighting, I really like both of them. Ruby fights with mechanics while Weiss fights with some form of magic, both of which can be interesting.

However, as for suspected character traits, I would have to say I am a fan of Ruby. Ruby has some sort of past as emphasized by the grave, which I find exciting. Weiss seems to be the royal princess type character who will likely have to prove herself in some way. Traditionally, I have never been a fan of the princess character type. Knowing how talented these guys are at writing, I'm sure we will see more of both characters and I will come to enjoy both of them. As for now though, Weiss is in second for me.

Join The Video Beta X