Forums > RWBY

I want to learn blender. (RWBY OC)

Posts (39)

• JohnMX

JohnMX FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32142438 - 4 years ago

In reply to Kilbride, #25:

.gif and offsite link.

• thechrislee

thechrislee FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32142439 - 3 years ago

Has there been any more progress on this? It looks really impressive, and I would love to see an animation of her actually swinging it around.

• JohnMX

JohnMX FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32142440 - 3 years ago

No progress. although i have learned a lot in school. And I'm considering coming back for demo reel and general completionism.

• Hawkflight

Hawkflight

#32142441 - 3 years ago

Is there someplace I could download the base character model (minus hair, clothes, etc.)? I've been wanting to use Blender to make some OCs, but I'm terrible at making base character models.

• Legogizmo

Legogizmo FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32142442 - 3 years ago

In reply to Hawkflight, #29:

Try Makehuman its free open source software that lets you make models quickly and easily, it doesn't quite generate anime characters well but its a good start.

also this project might be of interest to people.

• JohnMX

#32142443 - 2 years ago

In reply to Hawkflight, #29:

Yo, my model was made from scratch for this specific purpose. it is ultra low poly, we're talking gamecube. I'm considering remodeling with all the clothes as apart of the model, and at a higher poly count. So no there's nowhere to download the base character mesh. besides, building base meshes helps you learn poly flow and understand anatomy, which makes you a better overall modeller.

• Spyness

Spyness

#33488607 - 6 months ago

This just looks awesome. You sir are an example of awesomeness.

• JohnMX

#33494046 - 6 months ago

In reply to Spyness thanks, dude

• Spyness

Spyness

#33501511 - 6 months ago

In reply to JohnMX I just downloaded Blender and started make a basic body because of what I saw in this thread.

• GrisellJumpTJD

GrisellJumpTJD FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33595142 - 2 months ago

I used to use Blender at TAFE

I wasn't great at it but it was fun to use.

• GrisellJumpTJD

GrisellJumpTJD FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33595143 - 2 months ago

I am going to start using it again to create characters and other awesome stuff.

• GrisellJumpTJD

#33595144 - 2 months ago

In reply to Legogizmo I'll give MakeHuman a go too.

• gamefanatic4

gamefanatic4 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33643760 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to JohnMX This still going on?

• JohnMX

#33644060 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to gamefanatic4 lol, no.