Forums > RWBY

RWBY Weapon Ideas

Posts (179)

• Fwee

Fwee

#33592980 - 1 month ago

I'd just like to have it on record that I appreciate your knowledge and I love your generous use of images.

• Flagwaver

Flagwaver

#33593563 - 1 month ago

CALIBER-X

Viridian carries Caliber-X, a variable form Assault Rifle Bastard Sword (ARBS).  It can carry a thirty-round magazine and can accept either Dust ammunition or a direct infusion of powder or crystals.  In its bastard sword configuration, it can fire single-shot at short range.  In its carbine configuration, he uses the blade as a bayonet and can fire it in single-fire or three-round burst at medium ranges.  In the standard configuration, the assault rifle, it is accurate at long ranges and has the additional option of fully-automatic fire.  It stores across his back in assault rifle configuration.

KAMI & KAZE

Ikkonzome’s weapons, Kame and Kaze, are normal pistols that can accept dust ammunition or shoot normal rounds.  With a flick of the wrist, she opens them into a pair of battle fans.  These fans have a razor edge and can block most any attack.  The face of Kami has a painting of a sunrise on the ocean while Kaze has a moonrise on the ocean.

The wide and flowing movements of her martial art lend to moving her fans around herself in a defensive circle, shielding her from incoming attacks while slicing at any opponents in melee range.  Besides fighting, her fans also allow her to glide and maneuver in the air as well as slow herself for a soft landing from high falls.

When charged with dust ammunition, her pistols act like any other pistol with similar ammunition.  Hers fans, on the other hand, are able to blow the effects of the dust against her enemies.

SCEITSEALA

Liath is armed with Sceitseala.  It is nothing more than a sketchbook with a charcoal stylus attached to it.  The edges look brand new, but the pages have charcoal marks on them as if things have been erased from the blank pages.

There are three distinct sections in the sketchbook, each with a tabbed card-page to separate them.   The first section is full of pages and pages of projectiles in every shape and size; from single high caliber bullets to smaller multiple bullets like a machine gun would fire, to large grenades.  The second section contains various depictions of Grimm in every shape and size.  The third section contains beautifully depicted sketches of Huntsmen and Huntresses with their weapons in various poses and movements complete with the motion lines to show how they are moving.

Liath’s semblance allows him to case whatever is drawn into reality.  Bullets become fired projectiles.  The living characters take on a life of their own, but retain the appearance of a black sketched version.  If Liath uses a dust pencil to draw the characters or rounds, then they have the empowerment of the dust color used.

NOX

Tuttifrutti’s weapon of choice is Nox, a dust-infused whip.  Because of the infusion of dust, Nox becomes like an extension of Tuttifrutti’s arm when she wields it in combat.  Though the whip is only eight feet in length, it can strike enemies up to twenty feet away and can wrap around anything she wants at the same distance.

In reality, Nox is a Grimm that has been transmogrified into a whip.  In order to control it, Tuttifrutti had to give up part of her soul.  As a result, she went from a happy and bright child to a humorless goth.

• Hydra645

Hydra645

#33619352 - 1 week ago

I've been trying to think of a which of multiple options for an Oc and his weapon(s) to go with for a while now and I think I've finally come to a decision.

The weapon is to play into his semblance, which is to teleport to a recently touched object. Not sure about a name, but the weapons I've come up with are a pair of Chakram that can be affected by dust to produce an effect when they hit something, whether they ricochet or slice through. I was trying to think of an idea that could also include a gun of some kind, but I've decided to scrap that since I feel like there's not enough characters with weapons that don't have guns of some kind. I feel like his semblances mobility, and the fact that the weapons can be thrown make up for it anyway.

• Exiakaiser

Exiakaiser

#33627351 - 5 hours ago

I'm designing one, but I only have words.  Its a large Double-bit Axe that separates in a way to become two Sub Machine Guns.