Forums > RWBY

Farewell, Monty Oum - Mourning Thread

Posts (137)

• SimMeavorn

SimMeavorn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33699089 - 3 months ago

In reply to JadeTiger 

Thanks for the help!

Fixed it above

• JadeTiger

JadeTiger FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold what?

#33699118 - 3 months ago

I don't know why i typed ass, lol i meant to type 'use.' well you know what i meant.

• Zalph

Zalph FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RWBY Mega-Fan

#33699654 - 3 months ago

There is a bible for RWBY which Monty's successors use so the direction is definitely in Monty's vision. The only thing that could perhaps be different is the choreography of the fights. Watching the fights from the first two volumes and comparing with today, they aren't as vibrant and often but I still enjoy them very much.

• Lancerguy

Lancerguy

#33699783 - 3 months ago

Although new to the RWBY fandom (having only started watching since this amazing show since this past October), When I learned about Monty's passing it hit me hard. Having severe food allergies myself, and almost losing a friend to them as well, I felt a connection to monty although I never knew him. Allergies don't require malice, just one careless action and someone can be taken from us. I am mainly writing this because as a fan of monty's work in RWBY, I was wondering if it was possible to put the color teal somewhere in the show as both a tribute to  him and a nod to the teal pumpkin project, which FARE (an allergy awareness charity)  uses to spread allergy awareness across the United States. Thank You for your consideration. 

• VirusElite524

VirusElite524 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold DizPanda

#33699934 - 3 months ago

Three years now, you would be proud of the progress RWBY has taken.

• TrilbyBard

TrilbyBard

#33700077 - 3 months ago

In reply to Lancerguy 

Why not make a Hunter team FARE? If one or more has allergies, it would also be a nice peek into group dynamics that people with allergies deal with at work/school/home.

Example: one member who is a allergy sufferer from early childhood, turned foodie/chef. A hyper-vigilant geek who watches out for the team, Grim migration, politics, etc. The 'everyman' member who doesn't care as long as they can eat whatever when off the clock (Plot twist if she/he develops adult onset allergies). Finally, the level headed medic who plays peacemaker/damage control.

• JadeTiger

JadeTiger FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold what?

#33700278 - 3 months ago

I didn't make really anything for a Monty Oum project this year, but i am making plans to go to RTX this summer. A bucket list item that has been planed sense i found Monty and RT 3 years ago... and was put on hold after his passing.

I wanted to go just to meet monty but that can't happen now and i saw no reason to go through the trouble to get there, but now... He's still not there, but it's the closest I will ever be to meeting him. Going to something he helped create and make into something completely incredible.

With so many fan who felt the same about him as I did.

I can't meet him. I can't thank him for saving my life. I can't tell him what his work did for me.

But I can support it. So I will try.

I know now that i have to keep moving forward. It took me a long time to realize exactly what that meant, and what it means to me.

thanks you monty, again, thank you

• SylestalPyre

SylestalPyre

#33700307 - 3 months ago

Today and the day before this, I played Cold and Home on repeat for hours straight and actually cried as I was singing along. This is the first Feb 1st I've actually recongized as the day Monty was officially taken from us, and well... feels hit harder on certain days.

Monty, I never got to meet you. I never even knew you existed when you passed. And in the deepest parts of my soul, where the RWBY fandom has taken rest, it hurts.

So for one day, I spend it in your honor. For one day, I'll truly recognize what the name 'Monty' means to me. I'll write my tributes, sing the songs, quote some of the most inspirational words I've ever heard. I'll cry for what never was.

And for the 364 days after, I'll keep moving forward. I'll enjoy the things in life, the world you've created, and when I grow up and have children I'll teach them to enjoy this too.

I hope you rest well, Monty, and from wherever in the sky you are, I hope you are proud of how your fellow animators continued your legacy.

Thank you for one year, and the future years to come.

• KamenRiderOz-Gear

KamenRiderOz-Gear

#33702200 - 3 months ago

RWBY,  RvB, Haloid, Dead Fantasy, what else did Monty work on?

• JadeTiger

#33702337 - 3 months ago

In reply to KamenRiderOz-Gear

I heard he worked with a company as an animator before he was invited to RT, but i don't know what.

• JacquesSchnee

JacquesSchnee

#33706336 - 3 months ago

This man is an amazing man. With everything that he has given this community, between RvB, RWBY, and his independent animations, his imagination has blossomed in ways that most of us only dream of. In honor of him, I have started a special project of my own that I hope some of you could check out and possibly look over and give me feedback on. The forum is on this website, and I'll post the link here.

http://roosterteeth.com/forum/rwby/topic/3398434

• Blood_XIII

Blood_XIII

#33708759 - 2 months ago

In reply to KamenRiderOz-Gear

He was one of the animation lead on the Afro Samurai game