Forums > RWBY

Bumblebee Pairing: All The Reasons Why It Makes Sense

Posts (414)

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33569122 - 7 months ago

In reply to Bumblebyyyyy

I loved that video. It perfectly captured all the best scenes of Blake & Yang together & explained how the both of them can be more than just simple friends. "What's a soulmate" indeed.

blake yang heart

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33569139 - 7 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

I think they'll reunite near the end of v5 and will strengthen their bond in v6-8 before becoming a couple in v9. 

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33569148 - 7 months ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life

That's pretty much what's in my head-canon. It's good to see that great minds think alike.

sunglasses thumbsup

• Ramlethality

Ramlethality FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33569154 - 7 months ago

A well written and timed bumbleby is all good with me. I calmly hope the fandom can be patient with it. It seldom helps that we don't really have any confirmation who the lgbt characters are yet. I pray Miles and Kerry have gotten over their fear of making them not seem forced and can comfortably add those aspects to the characters for vol 5. 

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33569172 - 7 months ago

....how in the bloody hell have I NEVER posted in here? Oh man have i got some reading to do..

• RexFrost

#33569176 - 7 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

Well, better late than never. Welcome, Bumble Buddy. Welcome to the Hive.

blake yang

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33569177 - 7 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

Happy to be here, as always

In reply to LiquidMind

LGBT characters don't HAVE to feel forced is what kills me about it. 

Personally i trust them to do BB justice if they go with it. As long as they don't Korra/Asami us -_- 

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33569199 - 7 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

Speaking of korrasami.... if the show had continued past season 4 would they have been able to have them in an open relationship with a tv pg rating?   

• HunterBlaine

#33569202 - 7 months ago

Debateable. I've heard Nickelodeon didn't want a relationship like that on screen.

Gotta say i lost a lot of respect for that network upon hearing that. IF it's true that is. Which i mean, Why was that final moment allowed to air if Nick was against it?

• Bumblebee4life

#33569232 - 7 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

Viacom and its subsidiaries like nickelodeon are awful.  

• RexFrost

#33571148 - 7 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

Companies like Viacom need to get with the times. It's a brave new world we're living in, one where folks from the LGBT & their lifestyles aren't so frowned upon anymore. Instead of being so uptight about it, they should just chill & allow LGBTs to be represented in their shows. They're respectable people, too.

• HunterBlaine

#33571159 - 7 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

That's why im glad RWBY isnt under a network like that. No restrictions as far as that stuff goes. The writers have complete control.

• absolutefandomtrash

absolutefandomtrash

#33571291 - 7 months ago

Okay so I got into the RWBY fandom barely a fortnight ago and now it's taking over my life which I am perfectly fine with. For supporting Bumbleby, would a valid reason be that there are some deeper meanings to it? By the way I haven't watched all of the show so some stuff may be incorrect, I'm not sure....

What I mean is, it's a problem that the humans and faunus have clashed for centuries which led to the White Fang and it's corruption. Even though they are both intelligent and have complex mental capabilities, they are still at odds with each other. So would a relationship between a human and faunus be like a beacon (eh heh) of light and hope amongst the darkness and conflict between the White Fang and humanity?

Not to bash ships, but say for example Blake got with Sun. They're both faunus, so wouldn't this technically just reinforce the divisions between the faunus and humans? Humans can only date humans, faunus can only date faunus, kind of thing.

But if Blake and Yang got together, it'd show that humans and faunus can still have trust in each other, even with the discrimination of the faunus that exists.

Taking it to real life, it can teach people that it doesn't matter if society doesn't like their views, they can still date and be friends with whoever they want, despite the conflicts that exist in our world right now.

Does this make sense? Or am I being too deep? I tend to do that when I'm tired.

• Ramlethality

Ramlethality FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33571445 - 7 months ago

In reply to absolutefandomtrash

Nope not at all. It makes perfect sense.

It's part of the reason why I believe they will be canon. Human and Faunus divide is something very big in remnant and it wouldn't make sense to end the show with that unresolved? So we'll see them come together and what better way to strengthen the divide with a human and Faunus relationship. Another reason why it'd be Yang is because it'd be 2 females together, which is a strong metaphor for real life if you think about it:

Remnant dealing with discrimination against faunus

Real life discrimination against lgbt

It parallels so well you can't call it co-incidence. 

Plus this ship has the yin-yang aspect, and lots and LOTS of fan support. 

It ticks so many boxes all at once. 

• HunterBlaine

#33571475 - 7 months ago

In reply to LiquidMind

This. Seriously i have no hate for other ships but with all of THIS how can i not love BB?

• erepin

erepin

#33573071 - 7 months ago

In reply to JayAzhure

with Bumblebee having so much popularity in the fandom, Rooster Teeth kind of has to either make it happen or do something about Sun to make Black Sun more acceptable for a larger audience.

I don't think Rooster Teeth is obliged to alter their plots to suit fan tastes. Indeed, I think doing so would be a serious mistake. Creators should remain true to their creative vision. It's the only way to do good storytelling.

However... I will concede that Sun is, currently, a bit of a problem character. For someone who has so much air time these days, he's a woefully undeveloped character. And, although he obviously has feelings for her, the reverse cannot be claimed. Indeed, Blake wavers between indifference and frustration regarding Sun.

If RT want Black Sun to be a real thing in RWBY, I think they would be advised, from a storytelling point of view, to have Sun mature a lot (or at least introduce some more complicated aspects of his personality). At present, Blake is a very sad, very confused, very complex girl. And Sun just doesn't have the experiences and emotional depth to understand her.

Of course, the thing with shallow characters is that they can change. Character development (or character arc) is always possible. And RWBY has a long way to go.

But I'd still lay bets on either Bumblebee becoming a thing or, more likely, neither Blake nor Yang developing any kind of romantic relationship with anyone (at least, during the course of the series).

• Ramlethality

#33573113 - 7 months ago

With Sun's lack of development I think it'd improve his character by quite a large amount if he did not get with Blake. As people have said, he isn't mature enough to handle Blake and at his current rate doubt he ever will. If he suddenly did then it's bad writing. 

If he failed to get with Blake and learned from the experience, it would be good for his character. He could learn and develop towards a different goal. 

• Aleksandr926

Aleksandr926

#33573145 - 7 months ago

In reply to erepin

At present, Blake is a very sad, very confused, very complex girl. And Sun just doesn't have the experiences and emotional depth to understand her.

That's one of the main reasons I support Bumblebee over Eclipse. I want to be honest: I'm not a shipper. But, if I had to choose between these two romances, Bumblebee wins everytime.

Why? Because Blake and Yang spent some time (never enough, but still meaningful) talking to each other, uncovering their inner and most deep emotions and goals. They have at least a basic understanding of each other, something that Sun and Blake doesn't share. Blake and Sun's shared screentime is always a fight, a blatant attempt of Sun to hit on Blake or just exposition from Blake to Sun. Do they really know each other? Based on what I've seen in the show, I'd say no.

Most of the time, it looks like Sun doesn't even care about what Blake wants and it's clear he still doesn't get her. Sure, the WF plotline is a mess and the WF itself is way too evil to be redeemed (as of now), but Sun proposed to destroy it, while Blake wanted to take it back, because she still has hope for an organization that, under his father's leadership, fought (in a peaceful way) for the Faunus rights. Blake has always been thinking about discriminations and oppression, while Sun never experienced any of those, so he lacks the will to understand them and, by proxy, Blake's identity.

When Blake was obsessing over Roman and the influence he was having on the WF, Yang didn't make fun of her goal and determination. She just told her to rest, to take care of herself, for herself and for her friends. Yang understood how much the WF and the battle against what was corrupting it beyond any acceptable level meant to Blake. She also shared her own troubles, trusting her enough to tell her about her search for Raven. 

What about Sun? First, we know nothing about him, why he enrolled at a Hunstman Academy, why he moved to Mistral, nothing. What we know is that he repeatedly mocked Blake for her past and that he doesn't know anything about the WF, except for mindless propaganda. "Didn't you join a cult?" is the reply to her comment about stealing, "They are just a bunch of psychos"... He's not even trying to understand Blake. Right now, to him she's the pretty cat Faunus whom he has the hots for. 

I think that, as of now, Blake and Yang have more chemistry and a much stronger bond. Does it mean that they love each other? Probably not, but I'm sick of loves at first sight and I'd like a relationship that slowly grows from friendship to something more.

• HunterBlaine

#33573158 - 7 months ago

In reply to LiquidMind

THAT is why the fact we don't see Blake actually leaving for Mistral is bugging me. 

Ive got a bad feeling they'll have her and Sun stay on Menagerie for Vol 5 and yknow, give us even more reason to worry

• Claire_Royce

Claire_Royce

#33573300 - 7 months ago

it'd be nice to see them break a couple of controversies at once. Have two women who are different races fall in love with one another. Why not, break a bunch as long as it fits the writing.

• JayAzhure

JayAzhure FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33573806 - 7 months ago

In reply to alan724

I could ask the same to you, Alan. How do you know anything about Sun? We have next to no information about his character, so on what grounds are you defending him? He's such a sweet, funny guy after all, right? Why should anyone hate such a poor, misunderstood young man and accuse him of doing any wrong? 

Look, Alan. This is all about perspective. You are trying to convince Bumblebee shippers and Sun-dislikers that Sun is a great guy and is perfect for Blake. You don't think any of his actions were disrespectful or intrusive, and that Blake should treat him more kindly because he's been so helpful and so nice to her. You feel Sun deserves way more credit than we are giving him. We get it, Alan.

This is the major difference that comes around between Black Sun and Bumblebee shippers over and over again. You forgive and disregard the bad stuff, putting emphasis on the good parts as if they make up for everything else. We, the Bumblebee shippers (or Sun-dislikers), do not do that. It's perspective. Give it up. You are convinced Sun is good, we are convinced Sun is a shallow, abusive moron. Arguing is pointless because we both feel our perspective is correct. 

Your rhetorical questions will not convince us that Sun is the great guy you think he is. I'm sorry, Alan. 

• RexFrost

#33574070 - 7 months ago

In reply to LiquidMind

In reply to absolutefandomtrash

More or less, this is how Bumblebee should be viewed: as a relationship that involves two people overcoming all sorts of obstacles (race, gender, Adam, etc.) & still come out on top together as a couple. They have their differences, to be sure, but to have them overcome them together would speak volumes about their characters & their relationship as a whole. It also tells us that no matter how tough life can be or what hardships you've endured in the past, anything can be possible with someone you love by your side. This is why Bumblebee has my full support.

blake yang

• RexFrost

#33574076 - 7 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

I wouldn't worry, Blaine. Blake knows that a lot of bad things are going down in Mistral, hence her line about taking the White Fang back. More than likely, she & her parents will go to Mistral & try to rally together a resistance group to oppose the Fang. With any luck, they'll find former Fang members from the original protest group that are willing to take a stand against the current Fang.

• HunterBlaine

#33574082 - 7 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

And i'd love to see that and i sincerly hope its the plan.

.....Now im wondering what Yang is going to think when she realizes Sun has been with Blake this whole time.

• RexFrost

#33574107 - 7 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

There's gonna be a misunderstanding about Sun, I think. Yang will probably be upset & think that Blake chose to be with Sun rather than stick with her to help her cope with the loss of her arm for the past 6-8 months. Like any misunderstanding, though, it'll get cleared up. Either Blake or Sun will tell Yang that Sun followed Blake to Menagerie & wasn't with her the whole time. That is, they'll tell Yang once she's cooled off.