Forums > RWBY

RWBY character ideas

Posts (3545)

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33586765 - 1 month ago

In reply to TerrabytePrime

Sorry for the week-late reply, I literally just saw your question today. I was taking the AP Physics 1 test.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33587137 - 1 month ago

Got another one. This one was inspired by the works of another that had made an entry in an OC contest that was held on the Facebook page for OCs "Rwby OC Nation" (I didn't win... my entry was the one I posted here previously). It wasn't posted in time to enter, as I was hoping, but hey... at least it's out there. Still, it's just not the same as posting it HERE, so Imma just shut my trap and let copy+paste do the work XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Andrew
    Surname: Valens (Derived from "Valentine")
    Faunus Trait: N/A
    Aura Color: Orange
    Aura Rating: Moderate
    Allusion: Andy (Advance Wars game series)
    Affiliation: Friendly
    Occupation (Part-Time): Repairman
    Occupation (Full-Time): Huntsman
    Kingdom of Origin: Vale
    Kingdom of Occupation: Atlas
    Height: 5' 9"
    Weight: 140 lbs
    Build: Wiry
    Profile Appearance:

xmD9iTA.png
    Other Appearance Details:
    -Emblem is stitched onto both shoulders of his work shirt.

-Work shirt has two front pockets, which he usually keeps bolts,
    screws, nails, and washers handy for when fixing things... or throwing.

-Underside of the work shirt has six loops stitched in for any tools
    other than his Handyman, namely two each of hammers (one claw hammer and
    one mallet), screwdrivers (one cross-bit, one hex-bit), and crowbars
    (one's a spare).
    -Shorts match the work shirt, ending just below the knees (as the sleeves of the shirt end below the elbow).
    -Boots are steel-toed and thick brown leather, both well cared for.
    -Hands are medium-size and rough from handling tools.
    Emblem: 

qRIbwdV.png

Strengths: Can fix just about anything, even if he's never seen it before, in a snap and/or pinch (quickly or under pressure... or even both); His size and build allows for superior agility; Knows a "bad deal" when it's going down; Can turn any mood positive, when he puts the effort into it.

Weaknesses: Not exactly the sharpest nail in the tool shop; Sometimes gets a bit carried away with what he's doing to not see the big picture of what's going on (he can be a bit clueless sometimes from over-exertion).

Personality: The life of the party, even in the work shop. He's almost always in a cheerful mood, but can be a bit of a nuisance to any that end up turning that around. Always the one to help those in need, he's not the type of guy that gets turned down easily. His evident case of ADD kind of makes it difficult for him to keep on one topic for long, though...

Known History: Actually, what's NOT to be known? Born in a town on the northern shores of Vale, he had always been fascinated by how everything works. You could say it was his life-long passion, at that. That being said, it was only natural that he'd be volunteering for jobs involving building or fixing things, even at a young age. At the age of 12, he single-handedly rebuilt a small airship that had been abandoned from the heavy damage it had sustained at one point. This feat of engineering certainly got the attention of many people, those of Atlas in particular. This being said, it's no surprise that his family decided to open up a repair shop in the village, which soon flourished beyond expectations. There was ONE thing he couldn't fix, though... his family, when the town was attacked without warning by bandits at the age of 15. The bandits had apparently heard about his skill and wanted to take him for themselves, but no one was going to have that. He was out of town getting parts from an outside source when they attacked, so when he returned to the shop being burned to the ground, littered with charred skeletons, it didn't take long before he knew what had to have happened... Orphaned and homeless now, he was forced to travel from town to town to find work and a place to stay. Fortunately, however, word of his talents had spread quite the distance -even in Atlas, as mentioned before- so several Atlesian families formed a movement to give him an adopted family and new home for him to stay in Atlas, which he gratefully accepted. The new family of Nellie (mother), Maxwell (father), and Samantha (sister) then took the time to have the family name changed to Valens in honor of Andrew's heritage and a former citizen of the Vale kingdom. To this day, he remains to be a valuable asset by means of building and repair work in a small town along the southern shores of Mantle, the continent on which Atlas resides...

Semblance: Better Than New- Few have a Semblance that charges for effect, but Better Than New is an effective one to say the least. Charging the Semblance takes place in the form of contact with Aura, be it his own or his opponent's. As contacts are made, his Aura begins to glow until it's a brilliant orange (his natural Aura color). Upon release of this charge, allies (and himself) receive a boost of half the maximum natural Aura restored from any damage taken along with a boost to speed and strength for 20 seconds. If released at only half charge, the effect only restores 25% Aura. The charge can only be released at these two intervals to have the intended effect (between half an full still has the 25% effect).

Weapon of Choice: 

EwlPCsy.png

Handyman- A large, motorized hand-saw with notches cut into the blade to serve as a wrench when not activated as a weapon.The handle, when grip is reversed, also serves as a baton-like gun function, which uses Fire Dust -also used to power the hand-saw- to fire. For those curious, the handle screws off along one of the hand-grip grooves for reloading purposes.

Fighting Style: ... On second thought, I'm not sure there's much of a fighting style that isn't fairly basic. In short, the Handyman is used as one would expect it to be used, wielded like the hand-saw it is and flipped around to use for range, and then the factor of agility used to avoid getting hit while getting in decisive hits up close.

Simplified Statistics:

Agility- 8/10

Melee Proficiency- 7/10

Ranged Proficiency- 5/10 

Defense- 7/10

Strength- 5/10

Aura- 6/10

Sociability- 8/10

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33590454 - 1 month ago

Got another one. This one was inspired by the works of another that had made an entry in an OC contest that was held on the Facebook page for OCs "Rwby OC Nation" (I didn't win... my entry was the one I posted here previously). It wasn't posted in time to enter, as I was hoping, but hey... at least it's out there. Still, it's just not the same as posting it HERE, so Imma just shut my trap and let copy+paste do the work XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Andrew 

Surname: Valens (Derived from "Valentine")

Aura Color: Orange 

Aura Rating: Moderate 

Allusion: Andy (Advance Wars game series) 

Occupation (Part-Time): Repairman 

Occupation (Full-Time): Huntsman 

Kingdom of Occupation: Atlas 

Height: 5' 9" 

Weight: 140 lbs 

Build: Wiry 

Profile Appearance:

xmD9iTA.png

-Emblem is stitched onto both shoulders of his work shirt.

-Work shirt has two front pockets, which he usually keeps bolts, screws, nails, and washers handy for when fixing things... or throwing.

-Underside of the work shirt has six loops stitched in for any tools other than his Handyman, namely two each of hammers (one claw hammer and one mallet), screwdrivers (one cross-bit, one hex-bit), and crowbars (one's a spare). 

-Shorts match the work shirt, ending just below the knees (as the sleeves of the shirt end below the elbow). 

-Boots are steel-toed and thick brown leather, both well cared for. 

-Hands are medium-size and rough from handling tools. 

Emblem: 

qRIbwdV.png

Strengths: Can fix just about anything, even if he's never seen it before, in a snap and/or pinch (quickly or under pressure... or even both); His size and build allows for superior agility; Knows a "bad deal" when it's going down; Can turn any mood positive, when he puts the effort into it.

Weaknesses: Not exactly the sharpest nail in the tool shop; Sometimes gets a bit carried away with what he's doing to not see the big picture of what's going on (he can be a bit clueless sometimes from over-exertion).

Personality: The life of the party, even in the work shop. He's almost always in a cheerful mood, but can be a bit of a nuisance to any that end up turning that around. Always the one to help those in need, he's not the type of guy that gets turned down easily. His evident case of ADD kind of makes it difficult for him to keep on one topic for long, though...

Known History: Actually, what's NOT to be known? Born in a town on the northern shores of Vale, he had always been fascinated by how everything works. You could say it was his life-long passion, at that. That being said, it was only natural that he'd be volunteering for jobs involving building or fixing things, even at a young age. At the age of 12, he single-handedly rebuilt a small airship that had been abandoned from the heavy damage it had sustained at one point. This feat of engineering certainly got the attention of many people, those of Atlas in particular. This being said, it's no surprise that his family decided to open up a repair shop in the village, which soon flourished beyond expectations. There was ONE thing he couldn't fix, though... his family, when the town was attacked without warning by bandits at the age of 15. The bandits had apparently heard about his skill and wanted to take him for themselves, but no one was going to have that. He was out of town getting parts from an outside source when they attacked, so when he returned to the shop being burned to the ground, littered with charred skeletons, it didn't take long before he knew what had to have happened... Orphaned and homeless now, he was forced to travel from town to town to find work and a place to stay. Fortunately, however, word of his talents had spread quite the distance -even in Atlas, as mentioned before- so several Atlesian families formed a movement to give him an adopted family and new home for him to stay in Atlas, which he gratefully accepted. The new family of Nellie (mother), Maxwell (father), and Samantha (sister) then took the time to have the family name changed to Valens in honor of Andrew's heritage and a former citizen of the Vale kingdom. To this day, he remains to be a valuable asset by means of building and repair work in a small town along the southern shores of Mantle, the continent on which Atlas resides...

Semblance: Better Than New- Few have a Semblance that charges for effect, but Better Than New is an effective one to say the least. Charging the Semblance takes place in the form of contact with Aura, be it his own or his opponent's. As contacts are made, his Aura begins to glow until it's a brilliant orange (his natural Aura color). Upon release of this charge, allies (and himself) receive a boost of half the maximum natural Aura restored from any damage taken along with a boost to speed and strength for 20 seconds. If released at only half charge, the effect only restores 25% Aura. The charge can only be released at these two intervals to have the intended effect (between half an full still has the 25% effect).

Weapon of Choice: 

EwlPCsy.png

Handyman- A large, motorized hand-saw with notches cut into the blade to serve as a wrench when not activated as a weapon.The handle, when grip is reversed, also serves as a baton-like gun function, which uses Fire Dust -also used to power the hand-saw- to fire. For those curious, the handle screws off along one of the hand-grip grooves for reloading purposes.

Fighting Style: ... On second thought, I'm not sure there's much of a fighting style that isn't fairly basic. In short, the Handyman is used as one would expect it to be used, wielded like the hand-saw it is and flipped around to use for range, and then the factor of agility used to avoid getting hit while getting in decisive hits up close.

Simplified Statistics:

Agility- 8/10

Melee Proficiency- 7/10

Ranged Proficiency- 5/10 

Defense- 7/10

Strength- 5/10

Aura- 6/10

Sociability- 8/10

Note: This was posted a week or two ago, but editing it glitched out and deleted the post. Not sure what's going on with that lately... It happened with one of my other posts as well, on one of my Team threads...

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33591016 - 1 month ago

Ok, wtf is going on with this glitch that's been going on? The posts that went missing are now showing back up, but then the one I had just edited went away! Forgive my flipping out, but WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?! I'M SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW!!!

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Treenerd Hugger

#33591026 - 1 month ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis

Define "inspired by the work of another OC maker." Are we talkin' "I saw someone use the lore of RWBY in such a creative fashion it pushed me back into OC making because I remembered how fun it is" or "shallow rip-off"? Because I want to have enough faith in your skills as a creator to read it as the former, but it's really hard to not instinctively read the particular phrasing as the latter without further clarification. So, you know. Clarification would be nice.

EDIT: This isn't meant to be accusatory, it's just really hard to read context and tone in forum posts sometimes and I've seen enough cases of "inspiration" meaning the latter that the association is stuck in my head, whether it's accurate or not.

Also, that sure is a RWBY character without a color name, right there. And why even include the "Faunus traits" section of the bio on human characters instead of just deleting it or replacing it with a section that explicitly states whether they're human or Faunus? Your bio layout confuses me.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33591034 - 1 month ago

In reply to Malochroma

For your question, the person in question is someone I met on one of the Facebook pages that is involved in making RWBY OCs. When I said "inspired by", I mean he had made an OC that was based off of a character from what is by far my favorite game series, something I never thought of doing. He had used Hawke, so I figured I'd respond in kind by making one based off Hawke's counter.

As for the comment about the name, "Valens" is supposed to be derived from "Valentine"... which I kinda forgot to add. Last but not least, I made the bio layout the way it is to basically label most -if not all- things about the character that may come into question. It's a layout I've grown pretty accustomed to, so I'm not really one to question my own logic XD Even if something isn't applicable, leaving it out could imply forgetting to add it... especially if it's an aspect that is addressed each time I create a new OC.

In response to the edit, I completely understand. I won't deny you've been at this sort of thing longer, so what right do I have to question any doubts?

Edit- Also, I realized I kinda already addressed the name in the History, saying that it was based off of his former home in Vale, which is a kingdom that is in a primarily forest area, implying green... Though it doesn't help that Andrew doesn't have ANYTHING green on him...

• Flagwaver

Flagwaver

#33593577 - 1 month ago

NAME: Viridian Royal

NICKNAME: V (by TuttiFrutti Bjart), Vir (by Ikkonzome), Boss (by Liath)

EMBLEM:  Crossed rifles over an upward facing sword

COMPLEXION: Fair

HEIGHT: 6’3”

APPEARANCE:

Viridian is tall and well-muscled with broad shoulders and never slouches.  His hair is wavy navy with white bangs, long on the top and short toward the neck in a military style.  His blue eyes are piercing and intense but soften around his friends.  He wears a white earring around the upper helix of his left ear.  Finally, he has a white cybernetic implant connected to his cheekbones that wraps around his head and has a pair of cyan lights on it.

He wears a navy underarmor shirt with a high collar that has a white edge.  He has a blue padded arming shirt over it that wraps around his forearms and ties at his sides with white cord.  His white armor covers his upper torso with a pair of shoulder plates that strap around the tops of his arms and elbow armor with similar black straps.  His black gloves have an armor plate on the back.  His navy and blue pants are held up with a black belt adorned with white armor pieces and a couple of pouches, to include a drop pouch that straps around his left thigh.  His black boots have a white variant of the standard Atlas boot and shin armor attached to them with black straps.  His emblem appears on his right shoulder armor raised in blue.

PERSONALITY:

Viridian comes off as rather serious and quiet to those who first meet him.  He never slouches, is very polite, and even-tempered.  As he gets to know people, he begins to relax around them and even cracks jokes around his friends.  He flirts with most every woman he meets, not to engage in a relationship, but to see them smile.  Unfortunately, this habit extends to women he is fighting, whether he uses it out of habit or as a distraction is unknown.

In combat and other dangerous situations, he is quick to take charge and even quicker to defend those who are helpless.  Because of his implant, he is able to see the battlefield around him and can direct his team and other allies to the best positions to affect a defense.  Because of his Semblance, he will often place himself in the most dangerous situations to protect others and rely on his Light Ward to protect himself.

TRAINING:

In order to become a Huntsman, Viridian trained at Atlas’ Apex Academy, where he became an excellent marksman and an expert in the use of swords.  His hand-to-hand combat is neither flashy nor flowing, but it makes up for both with brutal strength and solid blocks.  Unlike most trained martial artists who rely on quick jabs and snap kicks, he prefers to let his muscles do the work rather than speed.  Along with his physical education at Apex Academy, he also learned to be a solid tactical leader in the field.

WEAPON:

Viridian carries Caliber-X, a variable form Assault Rifle Bastard Sword (ARBS).  It can carry a thirty-round magazine and can accept either Dust ammunition or a direct infusion of powder or crystals.  In its bastard sword configuration, it can fire single-shot at short range.  In its carbine configuration, he uses the blade as a bayonet and can fire it in single-fire or three-round burst at medium ranges.  In the standard configuration, the assault rifle, it is accurate at long ranges and has the additional option of fully-automatic fire.  It stores across his back in assault rifle configuration.

SEMBLANCE:

Viridian’s Semblance is Light Ward.  He can create a shield of shimmering transluscent blue with a cyan border.  It is generally impenetrable, but slow-moving objects can pass through it with a little effort.  When he activates his Aura, it manifests as a half meter wide buckler on his left forearm.

He can reform his Light Ward at will, but larger forms require more Aura to create.  Regardless of the size, all of his Light Wards have the shape of a nine-meter sphere with him somewhere inside of it.  His most common forms are a meter-wide body shield on his forearm for melee fights, a three-meter wide wall for cover during a firefight, and a full nine-meter wide defensive dome.  He can manifest it as a sphere around himself when falling in order to absorb the impact of the ground and other objects that might strike him.

When charged with Dust, the effects of the Dust are imparted to anything striking the Light Ward.  Fire Dust sets attackers on fire, Gravity Dust knocks them backwards, Lightning Dust electrocutes them, etc.

CYBERNETIC IMPLANT

Viridian has a cybernetic implant that wraps around the back of his head from his cheeks.  The implant links with his scroll, his weapon, and has a scan feature.  He is able to open a communication link to any scroll within range as well as see a running tally of his and his teammates’ Aura.  If he concentrates, he can link to the CCT if he has a signal.  It links with Caliber-X to provide a zoom function while in assault rifle mode and an aimpoint function while in carbine mode, boosting his accuracy over long- and medium-ranges.  Finally, it provides constant movement-based radar data within a dozen meters and can scan anything he focuses on if he wishes it.

WEAKNESSES

Viridian believes in defending those who are not able to defend themselves, even when doing so may be detrimental to his own well-being.  In this way, he will openly put himself in harm’s way to protect fallen or weakened teammates and feels no remorse in the idea of self-sacrifice to save lives.

TRIVIA

● Viridian’s appearance is a modification of Finalist 2 from the episode “Fall” which was described as being from Atlas and is visually compared to Halo.

● His symbol of the cross rifles in front of the sword is an allusion to both the United States Army Infantry and Special Forces symbols.

● His weapon, Caliber-X, is a direct reference to both the Arthurian sword and Indian assault rifle called Excalibur

● His Semblance is inspired by Ward of Dawn as cast by the Titan Guardian from the Destiny video game.

● The Cybernetic Implant gives him a similar heads-up display to that of the Halo games.

• MoonCousin

MoonCousin

#33593615 - 1 month ago

In reply to Flagwaver

This is a pretty well put together character! The one major problem I have is the weaknesses section. The Chronic Hero Syndrome weakness is a good one, but it is also one that is incredibly common. I'd suggest adding greater detail to how this flaw affects him and adding the weaknesses of his weapon, fighting style and semblance in this section as well. Just to flesh it out. Any other problems are just nitpicks, such as what the scan feature of his implant actually entails.

Good job!

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33593620 - 1 month ago

In reply to Flagwaver

Not bad! Not bad at all! I do agree with MoonCousin, though on the weaknesses section. You need to specify as to how exactly it is considered a weakness. Take what I did for my most recent one for example (I had specified further on one through parenthetical notation, just as I am doing here).

• Flagwaver

Flagwaver

#33595461 - 4 weeks ago

I'm still thinking this up a little and have updated it slightly.  Because of his tactical awareness from his implant, he sometimes pays more attention to what's going on around him through his implant rather than what's going on right in front of him.  Thus tactical awareness at the expense of his own situational awareness.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33601199 - 3 weeks ago

Had to think about this one long and hard before going through with it. I will not have weapon images for this one, as they're nothing fancy that I'd have to draw out... Still, I think it's safe to say this'll be a good one, nonetheless. As this one's based off of the protagonist from a book, I may come back to edit certain details, since it's been a while since I last read the book.

Name: Davina (feminine form of "David)

Surname: Celik (Turkish for "steel")

Aura Color: White

Aura Rating: Average

Allusion: David Charleston ("Steelheart" -book-)

Occupation (Part-Time): Field Researcher (Study described in Known History)

Occupation (Full-Time: Huntress

Kingdom of Occupation: Vacuo-Vale (varies through travel)

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 155 lbs

Build: Lean

Profile Appearance:

CfGIAu2.png

- Shoulder strap is to the backpack she carries with her, usually full of notebooks, writing/measuring tools, and extra ammo clips.

- Scar is from a mishap that happened during training (addressed further in Known History).

-Emblem is stitched to the left shoulder of her shirt and printed onto both sides of the stock on her rifle.

-Shorts extend just past the knees and appear to have been fashioned from a pair of jeans.

-Leather hiking shoes (medium-wide) are worn from use and covered in grass stains, dirt, and other discolorations.

A holster is worn for her hunting knife, which rests on her left thigh.

-Light hourglass figure.

Emblem:

ZHexEkB.png

Strengths: Unparalleled accuracy with her rifle, which she has had since even before she started attending Signal Academy; Very smart for her age; Can form/decipher a short-term strategy, whether it's her own or her opponent's, with little effort; Able to keep multiple options open, should such be necessary, for most situations

Weaknesses: Rifle only holds 4 shots per cartridge, leading to frequent requirement to reload; Has difficulty adapting in switching between melee and ranged attack, given her preference towards ranged combat; Does not like water (not a full-on aquaphobe, like Neptune, but still noticeable) While sociable, she can't make a good analogy to save her life...

Personality: Always the type to talk things out, if the option comes to mind as possible. While normally positive and sociable, she swaps to a very serious persona when in combat. Always willing to learn, she is keen to knowing when mistakes are made (failure to do so tends to lead to slight disorientation).

Known History: Born and raised on the outskirts of Vale, she wasn't looking into becoming a Huntress until one day, at the age of eight (before she had gotten her rifle), her home was attacked by a pair of bandits. They had claimed to be part of a cult that learned the ways of Aura outside of society teachings before killing both parents, though not before the father overtook and killed one of them before they could harm Davina, allowing her to escape. Now driven to learn of what those two meant by Aura and to find a way to pursue them at their own game, she entered herself into Signal Academy under false credentials to begin her training in the ways of combat and knowledge of Aura and the special abilities known as Semblances that it enables. With this knowledge, she deduced, she would be able to find a way to get past the issue of Aura in dealing with those that would use it maliciously. It was during this training that her passion towards her goals made it ironic that her Semblance would reflect it, making the pursuit of that knowledge all too easy. It was when this Semblance was uncovered, however, during a training match in Beacon at the age of 15 (which was presumed to be 16 by everyone else at the time, given the false credentials maintained over the years) that a mishap occurred where she lost her grip on her hunting knife and it slit her left cheek, right across the cheekbone at that. In any case, being granted this Semblance, she decided that her efforts would be better spent in improving her combat skills and trying to make connections between Semblance and person and how they relate to each other. After graduating from Beacon, she decided she would spend her time studying her hypothesis that Semblance is directly related in some way to the person that utilizes it. In this, she would use her own against those that have shown to have unlocked theirs to study the persons in question to get a feel for who they really are. By correlating what she learns between these two, she finds herself ever closer to the answers she's looked for all those years... But then again, it's only been a year of study. Not only that, but it's not unknown that the mentioned cult is still in action... If anything, it would suffice to assume that perhaps theory and end goals may coincide...

Semblance: Power Reader- Can focus a small bit of Aura on an individual to get a read on their Semblance (including advantages/disadvantages) and their current Aura level. What is learned from this ability is retained, but it takes about 10 seconds before the ability can start gathering this information and another 10 seconds before the information is relayed back to the user through the same Aura sent.

Weapon(s) of Choice:

Hunting Rifle/Knife- Two separate weapons, these are surprisingly generic for a Huntress to use. The rifle is standard, medium caliber, using 8-guage rounds and 4 shots per cartridge. The hunting knife is equally standard, with a 6-inch-long blade and rubber grip, but made from imported Atlas materials for exceptional performance and durability. The rifle is about a decade old and is obsolete compared to other rifles, but the knife tends to be replaced when a better one is introduced.

Fighting Style: As a sniper-class fighter, she prefers to keep distance while, at the same time, using her Power Reader ability to figure out the best way to engage her opponent. Once this is done, she utilizes what she has to take the opponent down from afar. If this can't be done by the time she runs out of ammo, or the opponent manages to get close enough, she will resort to use of her hunting knife to get the job done if possible. If she can't pin them down, she uses her combat training to get out of the situation as soon as she can to recover.

Simplified Statistics:

Agility- 7/10

Melee Proficiency- 6/10

Ranged Proficiency- 10/10

Defense- 5/10

Strength- 5/10

Aura- 5/10

Sociability- 7/10

• OwenDiaram

OwenDiaram

#33601406 - 3 weeks ago

So, I heard that there was a thread for OC's and since I'm the author of an AU i felt that I should do a bit of info on the protagonist of Grimm Tale 

Name: Grahame Toripia
    Known Aliases: Grey, Grahame, Founder, Hero of Vale
    Eye colour: black with red irises
    Hair colour: Black
    Height: 5ft 10 in
    Build: Slim
    Race: Grimm Human
    Semblance: Persuasion.
    Team: Grace (Grey, Raven Branwen, Amber, Cinder Fall)
    Kingdom of birth: N/A (Old Toripia)
    Family: Mother: Alice - Deceased
            Father: Charles Toripia - missing presumed dead
            Sister: Racheal - Deceased

Simplified stats: Agility: 6/10  
                              Melee proficiency: 9/10 
                               Ranged proficiency: 4/10
                               Defence: 10/10 
                                Strength: 5/10  
                                 Aura: 1/10

Sociability: 8/10 
                                  Intelligence: 10/10
    Links to Salem: Enemy
    Links to Ozpin: Friend and ally
    Links to White Fang: Known adversary and seen as a monster.
    Links to Crimson Blades: Annoying "enemy" and 'founder'
    Links to Black Hand: Satan 
    Links to Toripians: Their leader
    Academy: Atlus
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Weapons: Ballistic plasma shield
             Electric sword
             Concussive Pistol
             Reaper-series power armour.

Grey is one of the two Grimm Humans. He is now in charge of the newly arrisen kingdom known as New Toripia or Toripia for short. (located west of South of Vacuo.) 
    Toripia is renowned as a hi-tech bastion for the forlorn. Without the lingering threat of
    a Grimm incursion, the populace thrived into a Golden age where they managed to create
    all manner of plasma weaponary and Artificial Intelligences. Many of the Atlesian defences 
    are a result of their alliance with the city; after all, the General has always loved
    robots...

Grey is responsible for the variation of Grimm known as the Tranquils. 
    A Tranquil Grimm does not attack humans and they have even been known to learn how to speak. 
    Despite their number, Tranquils are still considered a rare phenomenon. Relying only on his 
    natural charisma, Grey was able to convince his best friend, Cinder, to abandon the attack
    on Beacon. But this only caused Salem to replace her with the leader of the Crimson Blades, 
    Sapphire. 

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33601759 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to OwenDiaram

Relying only on his natural charisma, Grey was able to convince his best friend, Cinder, to abandon the attack on Beacon. But this only caused Salem to replace her with the leader of the Crimson Blades, Sapphire. 

Wait, Cinder? As in, Cinder who works for Salem in the actual show Cinder?

• Capcans2

Capcans2

#33601770 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to OwenDiaram

Not going to lie, this sounds kiiiinda Gary Stu-ish. 

It could also use a solid personality section besides telling us about his charisma and giving number stats, as they don't really convey the character or his flaws. 

• Ikehara

Ikehara FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33601956 - 3 weeks ago

Updated version of an older character.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Name: Ashka Kong 

Race: Human / Grimm Test Hybrid 

Based on: King Kong 

Weapon: N/A 

Emblem: Half peeled banana with a bite out of it.

Semblance: N/A Skills: Mixed martial arts

Abilities: High strength, quick healing (10x that of a human) and can take a hit with little damage.

Weakness: His temper. When his temper is set off he loses all thought process and can not recognize friend from foe. Losing all defense and focusing only on attacking every living thing in his path. (Kinda berserker, but he doesn't get stronger just doesn't focus on defense.)

Stats:

Agility: 6/10                             Melee proficiency: 7/10                             Ranged proficiency: 0/10                            Defence: 10/10                              Strength: 8/10                                Aura: 0/10                           Sociability: 3/10                                Intelligence: 7/10 

Description: 

Skin: Light copper

Hair: Ash Black 

Eyes: Orange 

Height: 6'2 

Clothing: Ashen cargo shorts, black shoes, dark denim vest, and ninja like shin guards and gauntlets.

Personality: Ashka is of a shy and timid nature towards humans due to the years experiments and treatment he has received, still I a kind soul, but carries a temper well under check.

Bio: Ashka Kong was an orphan without an aura living on the streets at the age of 6. One day he is abducted with other children by a group of Atlas mad scientists to be used as experiment subjects. For years they tested drugs and other items of the children. After 8 years of experiments the scientists decided to attempt something many would considered inhumane. They attempted to implant humans without auras with the essence from grim. This killed many children over the years. Ashka was the only one to survive from many years of being fused with the essence of an Alpha Beringel. The scientists studied him for a few years before he escaped with his only remaining friend, Anubis, the only creature to survive being born from breeding wolves and beowolves. They travel among a few of the smaller villages of Remnant as roaming hunters. 

Ashka travels between these villages from time to time, defeating the odd Grimm that comes near. In return from helping the villages he would only ask for minimal amount of item to live somewhat comfortably.

After leaving a village not far from Vale just after the fall of Beacon Academy cleaning up some left over Grimm, he comes across an unconscious small girl holding an umbrella with pink and chocolate colored hair. Ashka set up camp where he found her after deciding to take care of her till she woke up...

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33602170 - 3 weeks ago

Hold on, did I forget to post my boi Liam here? LEMME CORRECT THAT:

[NAME] Liam Nixx.

[GENDER] Male.

[AGE] 17.

[SPECIES] Human.

[OCCUPATION/EDUCATION] First-year student at Sentry Academy.

[COLOR THEME] (Lime) Green.

[REFERENCE/ALLUSION] The unnamed main character (the soldier) from the 'The Tinderbox' fairy tale.

[PERSONALITY] To say that Liam is fond of bugs is a severe understatement. He loves them so much that he themes his entire daily routine around them. His weapon, look and preferred dust type are all strongly inspired by bugs, and he always has at least one glass box/enclosure where he keeps an insect (or arachnid or something else) of some kind. Because of their short lifespans, his pets change every few days and can range from spiders or grasshoppers to ants or ladybugs. He usually keeps several of a species at a time, developing a strong emotional bond with them for however limited their time with him really is. He admires the way hive insects work together for the good of the whole colony and gets very emotional on this topic, wishing humans were more like them. He's very awkward around people and prefers bugs to them any day, though his closest friends can get through to him on a deeper level. He's just a bit weird and quirky, constantly making awkward, poorly-timed jokes, crawling around the room or on the walls, and hiding from or hissing at people he doesn't like. He's not mentally unsound or anything, he just doesn't really have people skills, being very withdrawn and odd. He strongly prefers solitude (or rather, being alone with his bug friends) to human interaction, but in this lone time, is very diligent when it comes to his responsibilities or duties. Having lived a life of inability from the day he was born, he's used to failure and doesn't let that get him down. He usually pushes through, sometimes much too stubbornly, when something doesn't work out. However, he is still insecure about himself as a whole, as he's quite aware of how most people view him; weird and weak. One thing he excels at, however, is dust mixing. He's extremely skilled and knowledgeable when it comes to the craft of mixing different dust types together to make new ones. His 'honey' dust, which he uses for everything, is something he mixed himself as well. Furthermore, he's quite impulsive and gets weird bouts of energy despite his physical condition, especially when something emotionally upsets him (which is not too hard to achieve, as he's quite an emotional person) and he feels he needs to act. This leaves him severely exhausted and vulnerable afterwards, though. His sudden reactions might seem childlike, overzealous or naive/innocent in nature. He's generally a well-meaning person, but doesn't always think things through resulting in very stupid or even harmful decisions (either to himself or others).

[LOOKS] (NOTE: I hadn't thought of a name for his weapon yet, so that's why I didn't write it down here. You can see that I have since decided on Honeybee in the 'weapons' section.)

liam_nixx_by_animeannemarie-daagmf9.png

A messy, lime green fauxhawk from the back of his neck up to his eyebrows crowns the top of his head, its sides shaved. One strand of hair on either side of his head sticks upwards rather than downwards like the rest of his hairdo, resembling antennae (Liam swears he doesn't use hair gel to achieve this effect). Lastly, a thin rattail at the back of his head extends down to about his shoulder blades. His prominent cheekbones accentuate the shape of his face, his dark brown eyes quite deeply hidden. Thin and very frail, Liam's body has very little muscle or fat. He always wears Honeybee, his weapon/exoskeleton, since he needs it. Furthermore, he wears a black tanktop and olive green camouflage pants tucked into brown army boots.

[BACKSTORY] Born with a severe physical disability, Liam's early life was filled with hardships of several kinds. His muscles are inherently very weak, and are basically unable to be trained. His arms and legs are too weak to support the rest of his body, so he has always needed some kind of support. He made and perfected Honeybee, his exoskeleton and weapon, over the course of his childhood to be ideal for him. It gives him the strength and overall mobility he would normally never have. In addition to his disability, however, he also grew up poor in the harsh lands of Vacuo, with just his grandmother. He has never known or known anything about his parents. The only thing he knows is that he comes from a long line of dust mixers; his family is specialized in the creation of new and different types of dust forms by combining existing ones in the correct quantities. His grandmother was one too, and she taught him everything she knew about the art of dust mixing. However, growing up in a largely lawless, dangerous nation, his home life was constantly disturbed by hostile encounters with angry mobs. Their unfamiliarity with dust mixers and the seemingly magical nature of the way they create new dust types made them curse out the Nixx family, calling them witches. Besides, thieves and other criminals could benefit from the unique dust types found in the Nixx residence, and would often rob the family of two so they could go on to sell the vials themselves. Liam and his grandmother were constantly harassed, opposed and threatened for practicing the craft they inherited the skills for, but selling customized dust vials was the only source of income they had, so they continued to do it. Though he has no formal combat training whatsoever, Liam is very much used to fending for himself against both human and Grimm enemies using his Honeybee and self-made dust types, due to these conditions he grew up in. Very shortly after his seventeenth birthday, Liam returned home one afternoon to find his house burned down completely. The police had to inform him of his grandmother's passing in said fire. That she must have suffocated painlessly in her sleep did not make him feel any better, and Liam left Vacuo. He stowed away on a boat and got to Mistral. He tried to help around to make a little money, but his physical condition made every possible employer reject him. Living on the streets, he caught wind one day of an unofficial huntsman academy named Sentry, located somewhere in Mistral. They would require no admission fee, asking instead that any students that are to apply can demonstrate and exercise sufficient self-sustaining- and combat skills to survive their location. Since it was his only affordable shot at shelter as well as personal growth, Liam applied. He was perfectly able to defend himself in many types of situations, so he was accepted - and that despite his disability, which caught him by surprise and made him very happy. He has since joined Plum Burgundy, Roy Lazuli and Bibi Bumbelle in team PRBL, who support him and make for his first real friends in his entire life. He even unlocked his semblance, which made him happier than ever before, as he loves bees and bugs in general. He also developed a crush on Bibi, but has as of yet been too shy to tell anyone about this.

[WEAPONS] Honeybee: 39aF9ZA.jpg

Doubling as basically a robotic, dust-powered exoskeleton, Liam requires it to move. It features a hollow segmented spine, a spike at its top and bottom, which is always kept filled with honey dust and actually jabs into Liam's real spine at the base of his neck to fully connect to his body. In between each spinal segment, a soft, yellowish orange cushioning rubber-like base absorbs shocks. Two of its segments, one at the height of the shoulder blades, which also features Liam's emblem, and one at the height of the pelvis, are enlarged. They feature four and two joins, respectively, to which the wings, arms and legs are attached. The arms and legs feature two sections with another joint connecting them (where the elbows and knees are). The wings have two joints instead of one, and can be triangularly folded up over the back. All these six extensions have a honeycomb pattern, colored mostly white though some of the hexagons are either a honey-yellow or black. All joints are a lime green. The arms and legs do not feature hands or feet, but instead end in a barrel, with a lime green housing for ammo at the bottom. Small honey dust bullets can be shot through the aforementioned barrels, which happens at speeds high enough to also create or increase momentum, even when firing blanks. The arms also have locks around the forearms and wrists, and the legs around the thighs and ankles, that tighten the exoskeleton to Liam's actual body. Furthermore, three metal extensions at each side of the spine connect around Liam's chest/midriff, resembling ribs. The wings have a sharp end and thus are able to stab enemies, and are filled with honey dust. When activated, a honeycomb pattern of hardened honey is materialized out of them, slightly resembling unfolded insect wings. Additionally, all six appendages can secrete vaguely-liquid honey dust, similar in consistency to glue or real honey, which can be used to coat something, forming a sticky, protective layer around it. Liam frequently uses it to make his own extremities sticky so he can climb on walls. When the dust supply in the spine runs out, Honeybee loses its functionality in its entirety, though Liam is very well-trained (through lifelong use of both his exoskeleton as well as dust in general) to utilize and manage its power supply very efficiently.

[EMBLEM] Two ovals next to one another, angled downwards at the point where they nearly meet, filled in with an hexagonal pattern. This gives the emblem the look of an insect's compound eyes. It's the same shade of lime green as Liam's overall color theme.

[SEMBLANCE] Hivemind: His semblance gives Liam the ability to burst out into a swarm of bees (think transformation, but into an entire swarm of bees as opposed to just one). It's very taxing on his aura level, but generally, more/stronger aura (or augmentation through dust use from his weapon) allows becoming larger swarms for longer periods of time, with three main 'stages' of swarms in terms of scale. The ability is mostly used for quick evasion, surprise ambushes or fitting through small spaces, as Liam can't stay in this swarm form for very long at all.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33603902 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

It's part of an AU he made on Facebook. If you want, maybe I could ask him to provide a link to it. It's actually quite in-depth... And with a VERY respectable amount of effort put into it.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33609455 - 2 weeks ago

Name: Brontes (Greek for "thunderer"/also sounds like "bronze")
    Surname: Titanius (Latin for "of the Titans")
    Nickname: "The Rhino"
    Faunus Trait: Rhinoceros (Tail)
    Aura Color: Olive Green
    Aura Rating: Moderate-High
    Allusion: Master Rhino ("Kung Fu Panda" series)
    Occupation: Self-Defense Teacher (separate from Academy-related teaching)
    Kingdom of Origin: Mistral
    Kingdom of Occupation: Mistral

Height: 6'2" 

Weight: 240 lbs 

Build: Muscular and Stocky 

Profile Image:

00502ME.png

Emblem:

RgFDacU.png

Additional Appearance Details:

-Brown pants, usually needing to be replaced after every few encounters, as they usually wear out easily (his preference seems less than ideal for the application, in other words)

-Emblem is etched into either elongated side of his weapon (as shown in the image)

-Outerwear is long-sleeved (not visible in the Rinmaru image)

Strengths: High strength and control over Semblance; High durability; Can explain something is a number of choice words in an understandable manner.

Weaknesses: Limited stamina (can only use so much effort before doing so brings crippling exhaustion); Not the smartest when it comes to strategy; Not exactly the best at dodging (though at least he's not the WORST); Intimidating stature makes it difficult to socialize at times.

Personality: A bit brash, but makes up for it in passion to do the right thing. This is especially reflected in his self-defense teachings. A very honorable man, he'd rather fight on what he feels are equal grounds, so he'd sooner enter a fight as a one-on-one before determining whether it'd be fair to tackle multiple criminals at once.

Known History: (I'll fill this in later, as I really don't have the time to think one up right now, sorry.)

Semblance: Juggernaut- So long as the user is mobile, no outside forces can alter the trajectory of the movement (weapon is included in this effect). However, any actions that do conflict will cause Aura damage equivalent to half of that which would have been inflicted normally. Fortunately, this can be avoided by deactivating the Semblance in order to go about casual activities, though this means being unable to use it defensively during such time until it is reactivated.

Weapon of choice:

LkAAHA5.png

"Keras" Hammer- The name meaning "horn", it is assumed that the horn implication is aimed at the spiked cap at the top of the hammer head. Of course, it could also be aimed at the animal that shares Brontes' Faunus trait. In any case, the hammer head itself is an inch-thick shell of steel that had been refined through means of a forge. Inside this shell is a firing mechanism intended to utilize Gravity Dust through what can only be described as concussive blasts fired from the end of the long handle. This is is triggered through a twisting motion and thrusting of the handle into the head (Yes, I know that sounded bad, shut up)

Fighting Style: As a martial artist, Brontes primarily practices kung fu. Pairing this with a hammer-style weapon is an interesting combination, but makes for a bizarre mix that works very well in his favor. Throwing in the fact that his Keras hammer also fires concussive blasts of Gravity Dust, he makes for an all-round serious fighter to avoid messing with.

Simplified Statistics: 

Agility- 3/10 

Melee Proficiency- 7/10 

Ranged Proficiency- 5/10 

Defense- 8/10 

Strength- 9/10 

Aura- 7/10 

Sociability: 5/10

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33623994 - 6 days ago

In reply to RWBYRUBY221 I don't think you understand how humans work. You can't magically teach a 2 year-old everything and make them a genius. Also, this is a VERY Mary-Sue-ish character. Especially with the whole ageless thing. You say you want to make non-perfect characters, yet here you have an ubergenius superchild with no personality flaws and dead parents.

• RWBYRUBY221

RWBYRUBY221

#33624352 - 6 days ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie Really? I never realized all of that. It does seem unrealistic for a 2-year-old to be taught advanced education. When I wrote that down, I didn't think about the realistic outcomes. Clarisse shouldn't be super intelligent. What I can do to not make Clarisse a Mary Sue is remove the immortal aging concept and just make her 9 years old, remove the super smart concept, just make her a curious child (this will fit better with her), add more flaws, and maybe just add/remove a bit more into the profile.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33624376 - 6 days ago

In reply to RWBYRUBY221 If I may advise another thing, don't make her a pacifist. Right now, she really has no reason to be a RWBY OC. She doesn't have cool transforming weapons, doesn't fight at all, and doesn't even have aura (or does she? You did give her a semblance, but that requires aura). She could be an OC for any other fictional universe right now, the only thing tying her to RWBY's is the shoehorned-in, unnecessary and unexplained relationships with canon characters.

Other than that, if you are willing to alter her that much, good on ya. I've seen many a creator be too stubborn to change.

• RWBYRUBY221

RWBYRUBY221

#33624413 - 6 days ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarieOkay, I'll avoid making her a pacifist. I can make her fight with a weapon called the "Shooting Star". Its a bow and arrow that can transform into a crossbow. Clarisse does has an Aura but its inactive. I'll change to active so her semblance could work. I'm also think about changing her name so it could mean a color. The last name is fine. And maybe remove canon relationship and her being introduced to them in some way.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33624431 - 6 days ago

In reply to RWBYRUBY221 See, now we're talking! Do it boyo

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33624484 - 6 days ago

In reply to RWBYRUBY221 Way better!