Forums > RWBY

RWBY character ideas

Posts (3597)

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33628534 - 3 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

It's not just the spambot thing. It happens to me sometimes when I edit a post. The post just... disappears entirely for a few days.

• RoseMaryM

RoseMaryM FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold PYREverse Artist

#33628538 - 3 months ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis

Well, I talked to some of the Website Admins, and apparently they pushed a patch yesterday(?) to fix it.

• RWBYRUBY221

RWBYRUBY221

#33628540 - 3 months ago

In reply to RoseMaryM Thank god...

• RoseMaryM

RoseMaryM FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold PYREverse Artist

#33628542 - 3 months ago

In reply to RWBYRUBY221

If it ever happens again, report it in this thread, okay? They are super nice and helpful if there's ever any issues or questions.
    http://roosterteeth.com/forum/first-stop/topic/2163665?page=1500#post-33627671

• RWBYRUBY221

RWBYRUBY221

#33628636 - 3 months ago

In reply to RoseMaryM Yeah I will. 

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33628925 - 3 months ago

In reply to RoseMaryM

Always good to hear!

• Kalrizion

Kalrizion

#33649720 - 1 month ago

Recently had an idea for a character

Name: Delta Four Four

(here's the reasoning for the name)

Semblance: Remote Glyph Dispersal

Look: Short dark grey hair with an orange streak on his left side, a mask (mask), a dark cloak with well placed buttons to wear it more comfortably (cloak) (the buttons would allow the user to shorten the length of the cloak without having to tuck it into a bag), a small thigh mounted pouch (to store his multi use discs), a two sheathed knives along his sides under his arms, dark jeans, tactical boots, and a dark grey T-shirt with an orange penrose triangle on his sleve (Penrose triangle). With certain modifications he was able to modify his hood so that it could be worn as to appear to be a large scarf (kind of like this) and with a simple flip of the hood and pull of a pin the cloak is ready for use in stealth (in its relaxed state).

His mother is from Atlas (is enlisted in the atlas military) and his father is from Vacuo (was an aspiring dust tradesmen).

His Father, Jacob Bronze, was an aspiring dust tradesmen, his semblance was luck displacement (he can choose when he has good luck but any good luck must be followed by and equal amount of bad luck) but he only ever knew about the good luck, his bad luck built up because he never set days for bad luck, he over used his good luck and shortly after Delta's birth his business struck down, he couldn't sell anything unless it was free and blamed it all on the Schnee dust company, he became a hopeless drunk at a bar running a broken comedy gig to pay for his drinks.

His mother, Silvia (just Silvia), was very busy with high level atlas military developments and couldn't afford the time to raise a child and wouldn't dare giving custody to the Jacob and instead carefully chose to let her cousin Allen Bravo (the godfather) raise her son.

"Uncle Bravo" named and raised Delta aboard his airship, his "job" kept him busy though so he decided to take a little time off every so often to "home school" Delta. around the age of 6 they discovered Delta's Semblance, he was able to employ the use of dust to set pranks on his uncle, traps if you will. Bravo taught Delta how employ his semblance better and over the next 5 years he learned how to master his semblance. Delta learned that he could use micro glyphs to imbue small objects or surfaces with special properties and found that in conjunction with dust he can make his glyphs do a number of things. Using fire dust he can create small but exceptional explosives, with air he can sense the area around the glyph, with water he can slow a target, with gravity he can weigh a target down. He also found several ways to employ his glyphs without dust, he can create a telescope with two parallel glyphs, he can scale vertical surfaces with minor difficulty (he must climb, he can't just run up a wall), and even block and redirect momentum.

At the age of 12 his uncles believed he was ready to help him with his work, after 12 years, Delta found out that Bravo dealt in the Black market of Haven, his job was to assault criminal hide outs and redistribute their "goods" to wealthy buyers. Now that Bravo had a trained partner he could spend more time finding buyers and goods and less time infiltrating their operations.

Over the course of a year of infiltration, Delta was satisfied with his job and had many nifty gadgets to help him,. On one mission he had recovered a sort of cloak of invisibility that allows the user to hide their presence when making very little motion, on another he found small discs that easily stick to any surface after receiving a small blunt force (such as throwing or pressing). Over time he was able to figure out how some of his new tools worked and modified them making his cloak more fashionable and producing more of his MUDs (Multi Use Discs). Up until this point he had just been using two knives and a pocket of round stones.

At the age of 16 he is in an operation following white fang activity to discover where they are getting their supply of Atlas tech (for certain... "research" purposes... and maybe just a little profit) when he hears about the fall of Beacon, he soon finds himself at a dead end in his investigation and drops the operation. One white fang member had discovered him and reported his presence, later causing an assault on his uncle's airship. after 6 hours of combat and attempted retreat the airship crashes and he makes haste to drag his uncle out. Thankfully his uncle survived due to his semblance (Delta never learns of his semblance, no one knows). Bravo decides he's gotten too old for this low key infiltration business and the risk it brings and decides to spend his time starting up a bar with a side business of high quality dust weaponry (he's still got to keep his connections in the black market strong).

Delta is asked by his uncle to attend Haven academy so he can get a grip on the "Legal" occupations available to him with his skill set, Delta enrolls and passes the entrance exam easily but had to counterfeit a passport and license since he was never "legally born" and technically never existed until then.

that's what I've got so far, please provide any criticism in a polite manner, I understand my writing skills are very lacking I am just trying to get my idea across at 10pm. Please provide any ideas or suggestions I would love to hear your responses.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33649790 - 1 month ago

In reply to Kalrizion You might want to post this in the other thread as well, it'll get more attention there :)

• Kalrizion

Kalrizion

#33649795 - 1 month ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie Alright, will do

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33650112 - 1 month ago

In reply to Kalrizion

That is some very interesting reasoning for the name, not gonna lie. I'm not entirely sure that's gonna fly with those that enforce the color name rule... I like how you have SO MUCH information for his backstory, though, so you might have something good going here.

• Kalrizion

Kalrizion

#33650184 - 1 month ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis thanks, I just thought of it while I was at work.

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Treenerd Hugger

#33650216 - 1 month ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis

If you're talking about me, I literally don't care anymore. You do you, man, it ain't my OC. I still have the color list if people want it, I'm just not gonna actively bring it up anymore, because people not going by the color rule has zero (0) impact on my life.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33650482 - 1 month ago

In reply to Malochroma

You know, not every time I mention the color name rule has to imply you SPECIFICALLY, you know... I'm well aware that there are others that do enforce it, besides you, which is why I brought it up.

• terrabyteprime

terrabyteprime The Weapon Guy

#33650620 - 1 month ago

Look who's back! (finally)

• terrabyteprime

#33650634 - 1 month ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie It has been too long.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33651409 - 1 month ago

In reply to TerrabytePrime

Long time no see! Where ya been?

• terrabyteprime

#33651436 - 1 month ago

I have been all over the place! I went to Florida, later Canada. Other than that, I just had a packed summer. (Not that I am complaining)

Other than that, I was trying to get somebody to draw my characters all summer with no luck. I might as well throw this out there, if anyone is willing to help with drawing my characters, I would love it. 

Anyway, if you guys want to know more about what I did over the summer, I will post on my profile.

• GenErick64

GenErick64 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Senkan Aficionado

#33651465 - 1 month ago

In reply to TerrabytePrime

DosneyDCFan and RoseMaryM do commissions

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33651479 - 1 month ago

In reply to TerrabytePrime If you pay me, I might be able to help. I recently lost my job and I'm trying to get into doing commissions.

• terrabyteprime

#33651517 - 1 month ago

In reply to GenErick64

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie That's the thing, I don't have any way to pay you guys. That has been my biggest roadblock so far.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33651561 - 1 month ago

In reply to TerrabytePrime I recently got a PayPal and was surprised at how easy it was to set it up. You should look into that maybe?

• terrabyteprime

#33651578 - 1 month ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie I'll take a look.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33651603 - 1 month ago

In reply to TerrabytePrime Lemme know if I can be of service <3

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33651880 - 1 month ago

I've been trying to arrange to get a PayPal account myself, but was planning on setting it up alongside a checking account first, which I've yet to obtain a debit card for so... I'm a bit stuck there myself. I SHOULD be getting the debit card some time this week though.