Forums > RWBY

RWBY character ideas

Posts (3604)

• terrabyteprime

terrabyteprime FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33652706 - 1 month ago

http://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.ro...

I... uh... tried something.  jaune

It isn't entirely finished.

• Biggsy-464

Biggsy-464

#33652729 - 1 month ago

hey everyone, been reworking my OCs and was just wondering what you guys thought of these areas that needed the most work last time i asked. enjoy.

Weapon: Abysso Molares - dual climbing axes/hilts attach and the necks extend to form a double ended spear/dual SMG’s/lengthy reconfiguration can create a low calibre sniper

Semblance: Materialisation – Cyan can create visible or invisible clones that he can teleport between or become a shadow to avoid hits. Only one can be used at a time. He can use his semblance to travel long distances however the journey seriously degrades his health each time and drains his aura. Cyan avoids displaying his semblance.

Story: While snowboarding, the ice below him collapsed and he was only saved from a perilous fall by a shard of rock that also took his arm. Using the cold and his jacket as a tourniquet to slow the bleeding, he climbed out of the chasm one handed to find the ditch was surrounded by Grimm. A Stagmare (Stag Grimm) impaled him with its antlers. The Grimm became confused as its antlers seemed to be striking Cyan but do no damage. The Grimm only retreated when a huntsman came to his aid. The huntsmen named Artimus, took him to a hospital where doctors patched him up and equipped him with an Atlas prosthesis; after becoming acquainted with the arm, he built a few upgrades into the arm. Artimus explained that he had unlocked a semblance and he could use it to become a skilled hunter. With nothing to keep him in his village and the prospect of doing something that would make him feel better he became an apprentice to Artimus until applying for beacon the year following team RWBY. Though due to events following the vytal festival he travels with a group of friends without an official team name and helps protect villages and travellers.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33652942 - 1 month ago

Name: Komori Wukong

Family: Sun's younger brother by a year

Faunas: Bat

Weapon: Night Crusher- Twin billy clubs that can extend to great lengths and turn into twin hand guns. They can be used as grappling hooks. (Yes, I got the idea from Daredevils weapon)

Semblance: God Sense- Although blind, Komoris senses are so powerful that he can detect things no one else can. His senses are so strong that his sense of touch can detect even the smallest detail on any surface, smell a sent from up to 5 miles away, taste every single ingredient in any food and he can hear every sound up to 5 miles. His sense of sound has a radar sense that allows him to "see".

His limit is that he has to focus all his energy into one sense to reach its maximum level.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33653858 - 1 month ago

Ok, so there is this contest going on in one of the Facebook pages regarding side characters, so I figured I'd give it a shot... This guy was the result of about a half-hour's effort... 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Blaine Ryder

Height: 5'11" 

Weight: 164 lbs 

Kingdom of Origin/Occupation: Vale/All 

Occupation: Transportation services (has seen a boom in demand after the fall of Beacon Tower, though affiliations with the event are less than unlikely) 

Aura Color: Sunburst Yellow

Profile Appearance: 

UnnvAbU.png

Semblance: Teleportation- Allows the user, and anything attached that isn't the floor/ground, to teleport to any location. While, at first glance, this would seem overpowered, it has its limitations. First, shifting into and out of teleportation requires a five second duration of remaining completely immobile (made visible by the glow of the user's Aura). secondly, it's not the instant transport that "teleportation" implies. What ACTUALLY happens is that the user (and everything attached) is phased out of the normal plane of existence and the user is able to fly to any location at supersonic speeds until at the desired destination. CAN transport other people, but only if the user allows for it, as the Aura drain from teleporting is directly related to the mass of whatever is carried along with.

Weapon of Choice: None.

Brief History: Attended a minor Academy, but decided not to attend a higher Academy, instead opting out of killing Grimm for the postal service, for "more productive use" of his Semblance. His reasoning for this is that he claims to be kinda spineless when it comes to violence, though it can be argued that he just didn't want to be in the same vicinity with a few of his other classmates, as he HAS been seen attending self defense classes from one Brontes Titanius...

(Note: The affiliation with another one of my OCs was just as a call-out to the fact that I could have used Brontes for said contest, since it called for non-Huntsman/Huntress characters, if not for the fact that the contest calls for freshly made ones, not made prior to the contest.)

• terrabyteprime

terrabyteprime FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33665046 - 2 weeks ago

So....  blake    Is anyone out there?

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33665053 - 2 weeks ago

Yo!

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33665266 - 2 weeks ago

I'm still checking in every once in a while, I'm just still working on this OC concept I have in the works. I have the images ready and everything, I just need to get the details sorted out before I can post him (images are already added to my profile, before you ask, in case you're into spoilers  yang)

• terrabyteprime

#33665285 - 2 weeks ago

I have been reading some tutorials and getting some pointers, and I have drawn what I feel to be the best representation of one of my characters. However, something feels of about him, and I can't quite tell what it is. I am posting it in the hopes that I can get a second opinion from you guys. I appreciate any criticism you can give.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33665365 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to TerrabytePrime

Yeah, I think I see what you mean. Facial area does seem a  bit off and the skin color is a bit of a mismatch between that region and the rest that is visible.

• terrabyteprime

#33665474 - 1 week ago

His hands are supposed to be glowing with aura, I have made it more clear in this version.

But I agree with you on the face, no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it to look quite right.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33665483 - 1 week ago

In reply to TerrabytePrime I think it is because the angle isn't consistent throughout the facial parts. Some are angled more to the side, whereas other bits face us more. He also glances oddly to the side, which doesn't seem to match the rest of his pose. 

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33665606 - 1 week ago

I would say move the eyes a bit to the left and widen the right eye a little more do you can move the other bit so it looks like he's facing the right direction. Also, I would reduce the angle you have on the line for the nose, also moving this as you did the eyes. SLIGHTLY, not too much... Just a couple tips that SHOULD make it look a little better...

• terrabyteprime

#33665660 - 1 week ago

is this any better?

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33665678 - 1 week ago

In reply to TerrabytePrime It is better! However, I would still move his right eye (on our left) ever so slightly more outward, away from the nose. 

• terrabyteprime

#33665780 - 1 week ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

How about this?

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33665875 - 1 week ago

You still need to move the left eye (his right) further out. Only diffence I saw between these last two is the fact that you added shading... Also, that eye needs to be looking in the same direction as the other, or else it just looks like its a lazy eye.

• terrabyteprime

#33667363 - 1 week ago

Finished it.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33667370 - 1 week ago

In reply to terrabyteprime Nice! Do you have full body drawings of the other 4?

• terrabyteprime

#33667408 - 1 week ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

Yep. I want to rework their backstories a bit, and change their intro stories. I will reveal them as I release the stories.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33667957 - 5 days ago

how about this:

Otni S. Senkras, a human-grimm hybrid made by Dr. Merlot, the Frankenstein-type doctor from the RWBY video game. Created by grafting Grimm features into the body of a recenrly-executed serial killer, he accidentally releases a beast with a semblance that hunts for fear.

The name is "into darkness" written backwards, a message one of Merlot's lab techs scrawled on a wall while falling prey to this freak, since Senkrad's semblance envelops his prey in a thick, delusion-inducing mist that exacerbates his victims' worst fears and nightmares.

• tsuyoross59

tsuyoross59

#33667958 - 5 days ago

I have always wanted to do this!

Name: Charles Shire (Inspired by the Chesire Cat from Alice in Wonderland)

Appearance: African American. Has black hair with a green streak on the right side. Primary colors are yellow and beige. Seen sporting combat boots, workout gloves, cargo shorts, a sleeveless hoodie, and occasionally his reading glasses.

Weapon of Choice: Charles is a mixture of grace and discipline so he has an M16 rifle that transforms into a Hiraikotsu {Giant Boomerang) that he can set on automatic mode and throw as a projectile/machine gun.

Personality: On the surface Charles is very reserved and impatient towards any form of ignorance, but he actually has a rather sassy side and is considered to be one of the goofiest people in his youth. He is also very blunt and doesn't sugar code anything to people; not because he's rude, but because he values honesty.

Skills: He uses his natural sense of rhythm learn various styles of fighting or personality traits.

Aura Semblance: The ability to become intangible for short periods of time, passing through objects as well as people. 

History: Growing up outside the kingdoms and only surviving through his semblance and wit Charles was scrapping together loose change and only living on rice as that is what his family could provide. A bounty hunter sees him use his semblance to get away stealing groceries and tracks him back to his place. Said bounty hunter also saw him give some food to a homeless family and convinces him to get paid for his services and semblance rather than just getting by. Eventually, he is able to gain enough money to form his weapon making him a considerable threat to anyone he has a target for. Flash forward to between Volumes 4 and 5 and Jacques, Weiss' father, has hired him to bring her back in order for her not to tarnish the Schnee name. This is where he decides should he go in guns blazing and tug at their heart strings and slowly wear them down from the inside to get his hefty bounty.

Likes: Food (Especially cheese and ice cream), singing, dancing (he has a natural talent for), poetry, and theatre.

Dislikes: Loud noises, heights( fear of falling), being in crowds, and pork (deathly allergic)

Hopefully he could be an actual character in the future. Thanks for posting this discussion!

• animexrwby

animexrwby FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Izac Neal

#33668038 - 5 days ago

Character name: Daku Burakku Ookami  "Dark Black Wolf" (Japanese)

Preferred Name: Daku 

Character type: Half Grimm, Half Human

Weapon name(s):Sutoraika and Defenda

Weapon type:Split-Blade type

Ranged weapon: Harpoon

Attack method: Tactician, Trapper, Stealth, Assassin-type, Unpredictable

Abilities: Immortality (Grimm side), More keen sight, smell, and hearing than a regular human (Grimm side), Fast learning (Human side), Impressionable (Human side), Flexible (Human side)

Semblance: Soft-step

Personality:

Very Blank expressions and emotionless at first. Overtime, Daku starts to develop a personality, sense of humor, and an affection for Blake and become more emotional. Very conserved. Likes to experience things firsthand. Scorpio-type person (won't show emotion unless pushed/forced to, Very loyal). Believes in negotiation, not in fighting. Fights if he has no option unless if he fights Grimm. 

Fighting Skills:

Somewhat mastery of Martial arts and Sword wielding. Prefers to mainly use Sutoraika (Striker) and Defenda (Defender). But will use his Grimm (Beowulf) form if desperate.

Genealogy:

Grandson of Salem (Explains the Half Grimm)

Only things Daku knows about his mother is that she had silver eyes, only daughter, was a huntress from Beacon and trained at another combat school.

Only facts Daku knows about his father is that he went to Signal Academy, then Beacon, was a hunter, was also an only child, Parents died due to Grimm attack.

No siblings

Backstory:

Lost his Mother at birth, Father died mysteriously. Salem raised Daku since he was 2. Daku was told that humans are bad and that they must be destroyed by Salem. Salem takes him in and trains him as a fighter. Stayed loyal to Salem as a bodyguard. At the age of 18, Daku wanted to experience the humans firsthand and when he told Salem about his idea to experience the human race, She told Daku "If you leave to experience the humans, you will no longer have a place at my side and I will no longer see you as an ally to me. But count you as my enemy." His desire to experience the humans overpowered his fear of being alone, again. But, He was determined. So, he left Salem and saw the good and the bad side of humans. Decided to fight against the Grimm, thus, loosing his family (Salem was all he had left). Daku decided to sleep in a cave until the end of the world, When he was needed the most. He wakes up years later to find that the end of the world was near. Finds team RNJR in his cave and decides to help them on their quest/adventure. (Follow me on twitter @realizacneal) (Feel free to message me about my Character on Twitter or Rooster Teeth)

Drawbacks:

Can only change into his Grimm form if absolutely necessary for 15 minutes every 2 weeks. But, If not transformed in the 2 weeks, 5 minutes are folded over, per se. 

Maximum time capability: 30 minutes.

If transformation time exceeds 30 minutes, Grimm form will force its way out, but Daku will still in control. 

Transforming into Grimm form drains his strength and could kill him if done too much and/or too long. 

Unintended puns:

"Well, This situation is looking quite Grimm."

Quotes:

"Bad beginning to your story? Well, good thing you can always change the end of it."

Always changing, adding, and deleting stuff from my character. Not a solid character yet.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33668437 - 4 days ago

In reply to tsuyoross59

A bit lacking in detail, but pretty good for a rough start. I've honestly never heard of a sleeveless hoodie, so that was something new...

In reply to ImmaThinkin

That name is actually pretty creative, not gonna lie.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33668440 - 4 days ago

In reply to animexrwby

Not gonna lie, half-Grimm type OCs are pretty common and don't usually strike as well thought out. This one, however does seem to make an exception, if you ignore the AU details that were included (throwing in stuff like that, without making it clear ahead of time, tends to be off-putting). It's pretty good, for a type of OC that shows up a lot.

• animexrwby

animexrwby FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Izac Neal

#33668649 - 3 days ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis Thank you for the feed.