Forums > RWBY

RWBY character ideas

Posts (3779)

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33682550 - 1 week ago

In reply to j.a.diablerie

I honestly thought the Dust chains was a little much as well, personally, which is why I really never went any more extreme than that (the Dust control one is probably the closest, though still isn't as bad, but you ARE right about it needing to be replenished frequently). I'm seriously curious as to why you would agree to the weapon duplication Semblance, though, and not this one. The duplication uses Aura to achieve, just as this one does, but it doesn't convert anything but Aura to duplicate. Stepping Up, however, uses Aura to convert the gun AND THE BLADE (per the edit I said I added in) into the arm cannon. This Semblance even requires HALF of Rochelle's Aura to even use, when the arm cannon is to come into play (also from the edit). In comparison, this doesn't even come close to how efficient the duplication Semblance is with how much it's been toned down.

As for why I'm pushing for it, the arm cannon holds a bit of an intimidation factor to it, which is sort of the byproduct of using Stepping Up, not as part of Rochelle prior, which is why she normally just wields the pistol and hunting knife. They're smaller and less intimidating, just as she is when not using the Semblance. Everything about Rochelle, normally AND when using the Semblance, is supposed to fit a common theme. Normally, she's smaller and less intimidating. Positive, even. Her Semblance sort of represents her competitive nature and how being competitive can bring out the worst in people (a theme that's NOT addressed in Black Rock Shooter, mind you), such as how Rochelle becomes apathetic when using her Semblance. That ALSO ties into how Rochelle's "stepped up" form fixates on that whole intimidation factor. Oh and also, I should point out that in the show, Kuroi Mato does NOT turn into BRS, rather BRS is her "other world" self. Another thing that deviates from the original. I know better than to base a character COMPLETELY on the inspiration, that's just asking for copyright violations...

Also, yeah I know what you mean about the handbag/minigun, I was just curious if you would catch on to that.

• j.a.diablerie

j.a.diablerie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Stultus Philosophorum

#33682780 - 1 week ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis

I suppose I just have trouble wrapping my head around it. The whole process just doesn't jive with my understanding of how the world of RWBY functions. Just the thought of converting small stuff into larger stuff... it violates the law of equivalent exchange, to borrow from Full Metal Alchemist. You shouldn't be able to create something large by using something small. Maybe the Aura cost migitates this, but this sounds like a form of transmutation of matter that shouldn't physically work.

You should get second, or even third opinions. I think I'm not much further help. My mind just keeps living in a place of confusion and denial. I are confuse.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33682867 - 1 week ago

In reply to j.a.diablerie

It's completely understandable. You did mention, earlier, that you really don't know all that much about Black Rock Shooter, as an example. I really don't blame you if you're having a hard time with this. The only way I can really boil it down further is the idea that Rochelle's "stepped up" form sort of resides as a "spiritual entity" as is suggested by how she's, normally, simply given a slight "nudge" in certain directions, as was mentioned in the History and Fighting Style sections. This comes with the idea that the weapon also comes from that. With that, for me, it'd make sense that activating the Semblance would, conditionally, use the normally existing weapons to bring out the arm cannon, as it exists similarly to the "other Rochelle", if that makes sense. It's one of those things that makes Rochelle similar but also different from the inspiration, sort of. I don't know if this helps or not, but I do hope it does...

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33684958 - 6 hours ago

Okay, so I had the OC posted on the Facebook page I usually put my OCs on. She hasn't gotten any negative feedback so far, so I guess that answers that question. Now all I need to wrap up my work with the OCs is one more "trailer" for Team A.R.M.E., the last two team combo names for Team C.L.V.R, and the "trailers" for that team... Then I'm pretty much done altogether... For the former two, I'm completely stumped, but I might work on the last of those at some point while waiting on the other two... maybe. If anyone has ideas that might help, that'd be greatly appreciated.