Forums > RWBY

How long will RWBY last?

Posts (49)

• MisCon

MisCon

#33061495 - 1 year ago

I don't mean to sound the pessimist; only the cautious one. How long will RWBY drag on? So far, I say it hasn't dragged on too long, not at all, but it has taken a long time to explain not-very-much plot.

Just let me say a warning:

I used to like the series Once Upon A Time. I thought the idea was genius, as I like the idea of merging fantasy with reality, since it leads to great comedy and endless possibilities. So the series was great, at first. Me and my sister loved it! I then started to say that, if they stretch on past 3 seasons,, they are going to run out of material.

Season 1 was a great mystery, season 2 did excellent followup on what happens when the mystery is revealed to all, and added some great backstory. Season 3 dawdled a bit too much, but eventually it ended a climactic story arc of all 3 seasons.... and that was at the mid-season finale... The second half was a "out-of-the-bum" explanation to shove all the characters back into the predicament in the beginning of the show, and to shoehorn Queen Elsa into the mix... 9_9 eyeroll...

After a few episodes of season 4, me and my sister quit watching, and I have no idea if it's still going, but I want to think there was a season 5, or something... and it just wasn't very good.

Now, of course, Once is a professionally developed show, that must bring in money, of the producers won't pay to make more of it. Because of that, they often get forced to do things to add pointless drama and sometimes drag out the story for more episodes and seasons.

RWBY is more like an "indie" project. And that's good. I just want to know that the writers actually PLAN on revealing some of these mysteries, instead of just forgetting about them and adding more mysteries to get more attention... Or because they just have ADD and needed to do more stuff to keep it interesting. I'd love to know that there is an "end" to the show planned, and that they know where they are going. Despite its cliche writing, RWBY is so darn endearing, I just have to love it. Nothing wrong with cliche, IMO, if you do it well. Most of the time people just do it because they do, and it just isn't handled properly. RWBY is doing fine, and I love it. But right now we are at the tip of an iceberg of underlying plot and story. Most of the time, when a series does this, the fanbase is excited to find out the answers, but... they never come... Other things enter the story, and pretty soon we're in a whole new place, and all the questions we had before get forgotten about.

I want answers. I wanna see payoff. I was impressed with the dance in season 2 where Jaune and Pyrrha kinda get together (but not TOGETHER, together...lol), since usually it takes a whole darn season for such a small amount of plot to develop. THANK YOU. Please keep doing that, and don't make us hate you...

AND IF YOU KILL PYRRHA, I WILL DRIVE ALL THE WAY DOWN TO TEXAS AND BURN ROOSTERTEETH TO THE GROUND!!! YOU GOT THAT?! HUH?!

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33061557 - 1 year ago

In reply to MisCon

Yeah, that's my biggest fear with RWBY. Countless other shows and anime have been ruined because they dragged it on way too much than it needed to be. It becomes too complicated, more and more plot holes appear and there is no real progression anymore. It becomes boring and I'm unsatisfied at the end - if there's even one. It only makes the makers look like they only care about profit. At this point, I lose a lot of respect for them as well.

I won't look at their new shows with an open mind anymore. That would be a shame.

In my opinion, a good story also has an end. So, I hope RoosterTeeth has an end planned out and holds on to it, no matter how popular RWBY becomes in the future.

However, my experience showed me, that it's unlikely.

Right now, I'm still enjoying RWBY very much though.

• fireflyrocked

fireflyrocked FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33061566 - 1 year ago

In reply to MisCon

In reply to Swisslp

Dudes, I just answered this in "general discussion" up above so go and read it K?

• MisCon

MisCon

#33061573 - 1 year ago

In reply to fireflyrocked

Sorry, but I was hesitant to start cracking on a 601-reply thread, so I've never even read it. Where exactly did you make that comment? How manypages back?

• fireflyrocked

fireflyrocked FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33061595 - 1 year ago

In reply to MisCon

Open the thread, scroll to the bottom, click last and scroll again. , look at the time stamp, it was 1hour+ ago.

• fireflyrocked

#33061600 - 1 year ago

In reply to MisCon

at this point its on pg 24, 1 back from the current pg.

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33061689 - 1 year ago

Loooooooooooool! XD

• MisCon

MisCon

#33061753 - 1 year ago

Oooohh... huh... I looked, and for some reason I didn't see this earlier... I donno if I just missed it, or if it somehow wasn't visible... Good to know this. I was hoping this was the case, but I didn't want to just come out and say "Hey, um, Monty's ideas are still present, right? Did he leave anything behind, or are the remaining team writing out of their behinds?" Glad to see he did in fact leave much behind. Still too bad he's gone. Kinda a pathetic way to die too. No disrespect, but I'm sure he'd have rather gone out in a massive conflict of angry Grimm, rather than some food allergy.

In reply to Vivamort
    In reply to equinox-class_Grimm

In case anyone doesn't know this. This is Canon. Monty wrote RWBY. Miles and Kerry and co. are working from what they call, (and I am quoting) "The RWBY Bible" It is an outline of the entire plot and has 10-12 seasons worth of the entire plot. They have said that he "J K Rollins'ed the shit out of it" They have the freedom to make slight changes and rearrange the order in which things happen and add some minor plot points as they see fit, and they do. But overall Monty wrote the story.

• MisCon

MisCon

#33061754 - 1 year ago

Oh sh!t, that means Pyrrha's fate is already determined! She could be dead, and she just doesn't know it! NOOOOOO!!!!! PYRHAAAAA!!!

• fireflyrocked

#33061799 - 1 year ago

In reply to MisCon

She was out of our league anyway ;)

• fireflyrocked

#33063809 - 1 year ago

In reply to Janner

I agree. but I try to look at it like this. After each volume they turn it into a movie like on Netfix (I quess the blu-ray is like that?) 1 movie per year for 9 or 10 years. Hey! Its Harry Potter!

• fireflyrocked

#33063873 - 1 year ago

In reply to Swisslp

Yikes!

• Vivamort

Vivamort

#33063883 - 1 year ago

With 12 - 12 minute-ish or so episodes. an entire season is the length of a movie, how fast can things move when one only has 12-15 minutes a week to move the plot along, have some humor, insert some action. Seems a daunting task. So I haven't added it up, but what have we had so far about 7 hours of RWBY... so not even a Season worth of time when compared to shows like Once. Yet we have learned so much, seen so much, and have been sucked into this world. I think they are doing a good job of it. I do hate the wait though ;)

• MisCon

MisCon

#33063890 - 1 year ago

In reply to Vivamort

Yeah, they definitely have done well with what they have. I just like this series so much, it'll be the worst thing ever to watch it go the way so many shows have these days.

In reply to Swisslp

NOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm gonna pretend this happened 1 second before Jaune punched Cinder so hard, she shattered like Neo's trick images...

• gattaca1997

gattaca1997 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33063892 - 1 year ago

In reply to MisCon

I remember having read some where that Monty said that he had enough script/story to have at least 8 to 9 seasons. I never watched too many anime/manga, but i get what you're saying. I don't know if any of y'all watch Naruto, but Naruto is a grand example of this; they have continued the story line so much that they now created an entirely new series based on the former protagonist's son

Not to flamebait, but I feel that I can argue the same for RvB. They honestly should have just concluded the series with the ending of Project Freelancer, because, in a way I cannot explain, I always felt that the Chorus Civil War plot was written at the last minute - like right after season 10. Furthermore, when I saw the ending/credits of RvB's tenth season, I was left with the impression that RvB had concluded

Though on a more melancholic note concerning the image that Swisslp shared - I hate saying this because I cannot fathom such a sight too - I can see that this will happen given that Pyrrha chooses the Fall Maiden. Mercury commented that Cinder could outmatch her in a direct fight... Nonetheless, I must add that I vocalize my foresight with much displeasure

• gattaca1997

gattaca1997 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33063893 - 1 year ago

In reply to Swisslp

Man, that is mad creepy...

• MisCon

MisCon

#33063903 - 1 year ago

In reply to gattaca1997

I'm not interested in most anime, because of stuff like this. And when it isn't an incredibly convoluted story that needs to end, it's soooo melancholy it is just empty silence with nothing but emotional situations... It's depressing, and in a way, addicting, but I would rather watch the Avengers beat the crap out of flying space centipedes than watch someone strike a dramatic pose with a weapon at the same time reflecting on his tragic backstory and horrible life choices.

Also, you know they tried to end RvB multiple times, right? There even was a "farewell" letter (I guess) by Burnie about them ending RvB at the end of Season 5. I don't know why they kept coming back, but it used to be all comedy and machinema back then. I came back when I saw the trailer of Tex beating up the Reds, and watched thru the Meta saga, and gave up somewhere along the way. Not that it was bad, but, there were just other things in life, and what I had loved most about RvB was the videogame humor (Ever wonder why we're here?) and so on. Maybe I need to sit down and catch up, but since so much happened, I figured it was too much work to get it all in contiguous order.

• MisCon

MisCon

#33063906 - 1 year ago

In reply to Swisslp

You.... you are a very... bad... man...

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33063914 - 1 year ago

In reply to MisCon

herp_a_derp_weiss_by_hjpenndragon-d6hs7j

Ok ok! I'll stop with the pictures for now... XD

• MisCon

MisCon

#33063929 - 1 year ago

Lol, her eyes are kinda off. Was it like that in the actual show? or photoshopped? She's got a "lazy eye" in that pic.

• gattaca1997

#33063959 - 1 year ago

..... spam bots are back >:(

• MisCon

MisCon

#33063972 - 1 year ago

In reply to gattaca1997

yup...

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33063981 - 1 year ago

In reply to MisCon

It was in the actual show.