Forums > RWBY

How long will RWBY last?

Posts (50)

• Ikagawa

Ikagawa FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33063980 - 1 year ago

In reply to MisCon

I think that's probably one of the reasons why I consider Cowboy Bebop to be one of the best anime ever produced. They made it just long enough for you to get invested in the characters and their journeys through life with perfectly balanced humor and seriousness to make the conclusion exceptionally satisfying.

• fireflyrocked

fireflyrocked FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33063997 - 1 year ago

In reply to MisCon

Maybe you are not watching the right anime. There are always half a dozen good ones running but you have to know where to find them. I'm picky but I find ones I like. Gotta kill the other 6 days 23 hrs and 45 min of the week somehow, Heaven forbid I should get some work done,

• MisCon

MisCon

#33064064 - 1 year ago

In reply to fireflyrocked

I suppose, but I don't know if I like anime enough to go through all that. The fights are epic, the stories are either emo, or childish, and I am a Western guy (not cowboy west); I do not naturally connect with Eastern ideology. I'm not usually into characters discovering their inner strength and overcoming impossible challenges because they had the heart. I like stories with values and morals, not that are preached at you, but exist in the context.

In Avengers, everybody joins together to fight for what's right, and do so in their own way. There is an existing standard of right, and that is "Taking over the world is BAD." They all fight for goodness and justice, not because they must restore their confidence, reclaim their past glorious name, or find closure over the death of a loved one. Even when Tony thinks his girl Pepper is dead in Iron Man 3, he holds it together, able to maintain sound mind for the battle at hand. No doubt afterward he'd break down and cry his eyes out had she really died, but he certainly wasn't going to unleash an attack of pure rage and win the fight right there. That'd make ZERO sense. Instead a scene that makes my eyes water takes place: She comes back and SAVES HIM! And there's a moment where she stands there, stunned at what she just did, and he looks at his beloved girl, who just did the impossible, and you can tell he loves her more than he ever has. And of course, they immediately embrace. :)

No one has to struggle with immature emotional issues that they should have grown out of by now (well, iron man does, but, that's different.). No one has moments where they feel unworthy and almost give up because they aren't good enough. Even Hawkeye in Avengers 2 doesn't act this way, even though he doubts his ability as a non-super hero. And no events happen for emotional situation alone. No amount of crying over a beloved's body will bring them to life again. No last determinations will restore strength to those who are physically broken beyond ability, and manage to come back fighting as if they were fine. Yang comes back and takes down Merc's "shields" not because she had the will to do so, but because her semblance makes her stronger the more punishment she takes, and her aura shield had not yet failed. There's a REASON for it, and if Weiss had done the same after her aura went down completely, I'd call shenanigans. See what I mean?

Sorry for the rant :P

In reply to Swisslp

I just checked the episode, and that scene was right when Jaune interrupts her internal monologue, and before that her eyes were focused properly. I guess whoever took that screenie did so to make her look goofy.

• fireflyrocked

fireflyrocked FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33064082 - 1 year ago

In reply to MisCon

Ranting is good for the soul

• gattaca1997

gattaca1997 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33064098 - 1 year ago

"If there's nothing of which to complain, then the world would be boring." - Michael de Santa, GTA 5

• MisCon

MisCon

#33064118 - 1 year ago

In reply to gattaca1997

So true. (^_^)

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33064535 - 1 year ago

In reply to MisCon

Well, I can see her derp face when I pause it at the right time.

• Ikagawa

Ikagawa FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33064543 - 1 year ago

In reply to Swisslp

Time to crop it down and use it as your avatar!

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33064711 - 1 year ago

In reply to Ikagawa

Nah. I like mine just how it is right now.

• gattaca1997

gattaca1997 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33064882 - 1 year ago

In reply to MisCon

In reply to gattaca1997

I'm not interested in most anime, because of stuff like this. And when it isn't an incredibly convoluted story that needs to end, it's soooo melancholy it is just empty silence with nothing but emotional situations... It's depressing, and in a way, addicting, but I would rather watch the Avengers beat the crap out of flying space centipedes than watch someone strike a dramatic pose with a weapon at the same time reflecting on his tragic backstory and horrible life choices.

Also, you know they tried to end RvB multiple times, right? There even was a "farewell" letter (I guess) by Burnie about them ending RvB at the end of Season 5. I don't know why they kept coming back, but it used to be all comedy and machinema back then. I came back when I saw the trailer of Tex beating up the Reds, and watched thru the Meta saga, and gave up somewhere along the way. Not that it was bad, but, there were just other things in life, and what I had loved most about RvB was the videogame humor (Ever wonder why we're here?) and so on. Maybe I need to sit down and catch up, but since so much happened, I figured it was too much work to get it all in contiguous order.

I know I am a bit alte to respond but my $0.02

Man... I completely forgot about that letter... I remember reading it and was ssooo pissed when I read it!! I must have been 11 at that moment. I think they also wrote a farewell letter after Project Freelancer too, but where are they now?! I would suggest thta you skip season 11-13 because I honestly thought the Chorus Civil War trilogy was "meh." However, I heard either on social media or one of RT's podcast that the next season of RvB will be about the backstory of the main characters. Hopefully, RT will go back to its roots in following season (14).

Personally I feel at this point the Avengers are in the same boat... I mean although there isn't eight individual films for the avengers, there are so many films about individual avengers. Iron Man has 3; Capt. America will have 3 this spring; and Thor has 2... At this point Marvel is pulling a Michael Bay - milking the series for some moolah. I definitely get what you're saying about the wallowing in self-pity while doing badass stance

• MisCon

MisCon

#33064928 - 1 year ago

In reply to gattaca1997

ANOTHER season?.... And here I thought that the Ep 20 "The End", was finally the end... Yeah, I think they even were planning on quitting at their 100th episode, but they kept going to finish the story they'd started. I preferred it when Church actually WAS a ghost, and not retconned into an AI. It was all just so stupid, but in all the right ways. I get bored of seriousness all the time, and can't stand insanity all the time (like anything from modern Cartoon Network), but my favorite is mixing the two. You gotta have a straight man to react to the insanity around him. Comedy gold! I STILL love the "Why we're here" bit. The best bit in videogaming history. To me, I was expecting it to go the route of saying that these nameless, faceless soldiers actually have thoughts and feelings, and then "No, I mean, why are we HERE, in this canyon?" "Oh..."

Plus, as simplified as I made "the Avengers beating the crap out of a flying space centipede", I must say the Avengers movies, and most of the rest of the Marvel movies, are FAR better than Transformers. I recall seeing the first one as a young adult, wondering why people hated it so much, and then I got to see it again a year ago, and realized even the one called "the good one" was absolute stupid. It was one of the most retarded plots to ever hold up an action movie. Marvel's plots might be rather simple, but at least they are good, when they aren't awesome!

Anyway, While I think RvB was great, it was never EXPECTED to be great. It didn't even start out TRYING to be great. It was just pretty good, and got better and better. BUT, where RvB went is where everything goes without an over-arching plan from the beginning, and that's what worried me most about RWBY. After a few episodes I realized why it's so well liked: it has a cliche plot, but a GOOD cliche plot, and then there's a lot of characters with depth and mystery... Well done. I don't wanna see the masterpiece of RWBY become the tangled mess that RvB became. I'd probably still watch and enjoy it, but would just morn for the days when it was going the right way.

AND as we've established above, there IS an over-arching plan to RWBY, and that makes me happy. Good to know they aren't making it up as they go along, like RvB. RWBY deserves better.

• JesseBilling

JesseBilling

#33104314 - 1 year ago

Shameless self advertisement isn't even subtle. +1 sin

I'm not all that bothered with it "dragging on" for awhile. As long as the series improves and starts going places, I'm okay with it. Season 3 is definitely step in that direction and I've never been so interested in this series than ever before. Hell, I might even buy the complete series if season 3 has a solid ending.

• Zs_skayr

Zs_skayr

#33106349 - 1 year ago

RWBY can go one for a long time.

So far all we've seen is Vale and Beacon. Let's not forget there is a World of Remnant.

Maybe and hopefully well get to visit the other Kingdoms and Academies at a certain point down the line?

This then opens up new plots and storylines

• MisCon

MisCon

#33106449 - 1 year ago

In reply to Zs_skayr

Sure, it can indeed go on for a long time. But without an over-arching plot, it can REALLY get convoluted REALLY fast, and the whole thing just loses what made it great.

However, as said above, there IS an overarching plan, and the writers DO have an eventual ending. In short, they are doing it VERY right! Lets hope it works as well as we all hope!

• Myleghurtz

Myleghurtz

#33107001 - 1 year ago

They are still all going to the school, and there plenty of hints that we have barely seen a part of this world. Qrow also said that they still have a lot to learn and we've seen only three real battles.

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33107008 - 1 year ago

In reply to MisCon

In reply to Zs_skayr

However, as said above, there IS an overarching plan, and the writers DO have an eventual ending. In short, they are doing it VERY right! Lets hope it works as well as we all hope!

Hmm, as far as I know, they have about 7-9 volumes of material to work with. But I've never heard them say that they have already an end planned out. This makes me sceptical.

• fireflyrocked

#33107024 - 1 year ago

In reply to Swisslp

Well, you would be wrong my friend. The whole story ( the major plot anyway) is written in the "RWBY Bible" left by Monty. End included. Kerry and Miles have to fill in the details of how we get there.

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33107367 - 1 year ago

Oh, that's great! I hope, they hold on to it.

• fireflyrocked

#33107394 - 1 year ago

In reply to Swisslp

Me too. Somehow it makes me feel better knowing its already carved in stone and I'm just in it for the ride.

• T1M21

T1M21

#33249099 - 1 year ago

I don't want RWBY to drag on for too long, but I would like if they did 6 to 8 seasons

• DoYourResearch

DoYourResearch

#33249563 - 1 year ago

In reply to Afr0

Well, that kind of kills the purpose of "shitposting".

• gattaca1997

#33249999 - 1 year ago

I would say at the end of day, follow the money. If it continues to be the hit as it ahs been for the past 3 seasons we can expect it to run until RT's bankrupt (god forbid) like RvB. Also, @T1M21 , +1 for the Necro-bumping... XD

Nostalgic that I am reminded of all the sadness from seeing the Season 3 ending lol

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33251087 - 1 year ago

Here's how I see the RWBY series playing out:

Volumes 1-3: The Beacon Saga

These volumes introduce us to all the main characters & gives us a general idea of what life in the world of Remnant is like, specifically in Vale & Beacon Academy. Basically, it's the beginning of the story.

Volumes 4-6: The World Tour Saga

This is where we get a much broader glimpse into the world of Remnant as a whole. The primary focus will be on Mistral & Atlas, with a lengthy journey to Vacuo afterwards. This is where we see the good guys get challenged physically & emotionally, the bad guys get worse, & pretty much all hell breaks loose! In short, the middle of the story.

Volumes 7-9: The Great War Saga

This is it! Everything leads to this: an all-out war between good & evil with the fate of Remnant at stake. Shots will be fired, weapons will clash, & lives will be changed forever. When it's all said & done, no one & nothing will ever be the same. End of story.

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33251747 - 1 year ago

i have a 30 volume plan but its real risky

• improvibatur

improvibatur

#33656494 - 3 months ago

I just hope that they don't stretch this show too far, even if the fans kept on watching it. This is a show that I wouldn't like to stop watching before the very end.

Prequels and such can be created later, but if they keep on going too long with the same show, it becomes just a way to milk money and the show will die out, instead of staying as a known and loved show that everyone goes back to for a long time.

This is at least how I experience it.