Forums > RWBY

Original Semblance Ideas

Posts (816)

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33637778 - 1 month ago

In reply to DamagedMicrobe

Well, what did you have in mind? There HAS been ideas regarding time dilation, if that's what you mean. As far as time traveling or time-stopping, that's a pretty sensitive topic...

• DamagedMicrobe

DamagedMicrobe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33637939 - 1 month ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis

Just more curious than anything. Been playing around with an idea about a time semblance called Moment of Time. (friends idea but I really loved it for the character) creating a small moment of time that exists outside of the normal flow of time for a few moments. Doesn't work on anything with a soul, aside from themselves, and cant be anything bigger than them. But if something stays in that moment of time it fades out of existence. Also leaves a ghost like effect in their brain so big reason to not do that to grimm. Just playing around with the idea really.

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33638072 - 1 month ago

In reply to DamagedMicrobe what about a bubble of time I got the idea form mist born book series. the character sets up a bubble around them  time moves differently in the bubble.  Those outside the bubble either see those in the bubble moving like a blur or moving in slow mo. any thing in the bubble moves at the time of the bubble.  advatages you can trap an opponent and fight them separated from others. take time to plan with your allies in the bubble.  for a handicap the bubble could be stationary  once created chacters can move around in it but there are edges. you could also make the edges of bubble a barrier and hard to pass thou so there's a distortion when something moves in or out of the bubble. so its difficult to attack things in or out of the bubble. 

• DamagedMicrobe

DamagedMicrobe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33638102 - 1 month ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla

I like that, I am playing around with the idea more and more. Filling up a small notebook with some random ideas. I know time is something people are quick to flag down as OP but I think if you do it right it can be a fun thing. Just gotta make a fun thing that has some flaws and makes sense. One of the ideas was something like what you said but using dust to create a "eroding sands of time" kind of bubble maybe.

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33638173 - 1 month ago

Two ideas I ave been working on 

one is mas manipulation the character can change their mass or weight.  so they can become heavier or lighter at will.  when lighter they could float, step on things with out leaving trace. they could become heaver so they could be an anchor or when they drop on something they hit with more forces. when laping they could jump with a higher mass then drop it to gain some speed. like a projectile that uses a sabot.  my main idea is to give this character a harpoon weapon with a rope. they decrease their mass they can be pulled along. increase there mass and they are an Anchor holding the target back.

the 2nd idea is for a villain character so it might be a little over powered but its to make them a real threat, the semblance is called swap.  its a teleport power but they have to swaps places with anther living target.   the character uses the power to hop around a battle field creating caos as she swaps places with other.   in attack she can strike at an opponent from a position were an allies had stood before.  In deference she swaps other in place to take a hit for her so when you try to strike her your teammate appears in her place.   the character is base on a god of war and slaughter who picks who lives and who dies on the battle field.  

• SolusDarkcoat

SolusDarkcoat

#33639360 - 4 weeks ago

Something similar to Qrow's. Qrow's Semblance is passive, meaning it's always on, always affecting EVERYONE. Mine would be similar, tho limited to combat (since this would be impossible to deal with outside of combat); Anger.

I'd make everyone around me irrationally angry, which would limit their ability to focus, thus giving me an advantage at the cost of distancing myself from my team (and empowering the enemy).
    like I said, this would have to be limited to combat, or at least be less prominent outside of combat.

• DamagedMicrobe

#33639370 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to SolusDarkcoat

How do you limit it out of combat? Or I guess how does the character limit it? (Only asking because I am assuming someone will ask something like this.)

Could make it something attached to adrenaline, or in someway a thing that is attached to emotions that are the characters. Like if you go a little Yang style with it maybe the angry they get the more angry the enemy might get. Then you have a "temper tantrum fight" to sort of/not really quote Tai lol

• DamagedMicrobe

#33639372 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla

The mass one seems pretty fun, could get some really cool arm blades like Fox and be a human guillotine.

Yeah I agree the second one seems more like a villain, though not sure how to limit or to make a disadvantage on that. Maybe something like the last person they hit would be the one they swap?

• SolusDarkcoat

SolusDarkcoat

#33639425 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to DamagedMicrobe

Because semblances have to make sense, don't they?

Anyway. No the character themselves wouldn't be affected, only people in the immediate surrounding would start to feel angry. Maybe link it to focus, when people concentrate on the character they get angrier and angrier, so not just everyone. That way the person, or thing, you'd be fighting would be getting angrier when fighting you because they'd have to concentrate on you.

The entire point is to throw people off, make them do stupid mistakes because they just wanna punch you in the face, whilst you stay level headed and slowly start taking the advantage against even the most skilled opponents.

• DamagedMicrobe

#33639454 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to SolusDarkcoat

In that case you could try making it something similar to Emeralds semblance. Maybe the character actually focuses on the person they are fighting and can make them get more and more angry? I think it be a great way to throw people off for sure.

• Hallandren

Hallandren

#33640330 - 4 weeks ago

Semblence: Touch

User is able to gain a small amount of aura from another person and use it as an extra bonus of aura. 

It depletes over time. Or after a couple of hits it's gone again.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33640673 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Hallandren

My very first OC has a similar Semblance called Aura Tap. Basically, direct physical contact with the target allows him to siphon Aura, relative to the force of impact. This ALSO allows him to get a read on the Semblance of the target as well, what it is as well as it's strengths and weaknesses. The siphon effect isn't anything drastic, but overall, I'd say it's a fair amount.

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33641163 - 3 weeks ago

so here is anther semblance idea i had,  I posted this on character creation as well. to flush out anther idea

Elemental Sprite

Using some of their arora and focusing their will  the character creates a humanoid entities composed of arrora they can send off to do a single simpe task like “Bring me that”,  “push that button”,  “follow that person”,  “attack that thing” “defend this spot“ and so on.    When just using arrora the creations isn’t good for much since it has no real mass it’s just a creation composed of arrora. It can do simple task like pick things up and carry however in a fight it can’t hit with much power it stings when it hits but a blow to its main body or head causes it to be dispelled.  It works better as a distraction or to accomplish another task in combat. Out of combat it makes a good training partner.

When charged with Dust the creation truly becomes an element. Dust give the creation mass and power. When they fight they don’t sting any more they use the power of the dust. So fire burns, ice freezes,  lightning socks,  gravity delivers effect that  throws the target. The elemental can also be used as a dust spell that can run and jump at the target then disperse itself releases it dust energy the Dust effects then are the same as usual dust spells it’s just a unique delivery system.

The limiting factors on this semblance is that it uses Arora and takes a concentration of will to create and the creations have limited intelligence they have one task and go off to do that one task.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33641347 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla My Bibi Bumbelle has a half way form of mass manipulation, with just getting lighter, not heavier. It's called Featherweight. 

• AurtherGriffin

AurtherGriffin

#33642902 - 3 weeks ago

adrenaline rush(working on it)

Ability: the more damage(or in raged(think like yang)) the user takes the the slower he or she perceives the world around him to move also allowing  for an increase in movement but not speed(as in running like ruby)

Weakness: the faster the user moves and the slower he or she perceives the world to move the greater the strain on the body. Allowing the user to push his body to the a point were his or her body gives out on them

Example: a character gets hit and as such can see the next attack coming and has the speed to intercepte it or divert it and then counter and get around the grimm(ex) guard and strike it. But he also uses more energy than he would have normally.

Personal note if the character was smart enough to use inertia he or she could also increase his or her power(not strength like yang)

Last part: the ability can increase in magnitude to the point the world would be moving at a sloths pace but this also increases the wear on the body.

Open to suggestions on how to balance and improve

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33647826 - 1 week ago

weight of darkness.  this ability allows the character to add mass to their shadow and other places of darkness it touches. adding mass gives the character an anchor so its harder to move them and allows them to crush targets when they are ontop of or hitting them.  Adding mass to darkness also makes it harder for objects to move thou the darkness it becomes like moving thou water so it can work like a trap or a shield.  The darkness may have mass but its still darkness and can be dispelled by light.

(I know mass and weight are not the same thing but mass of darkness just doesn't have the same ring)