• johanae1

johanae1

#33680125 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to rcmini16

i will take that to consideration

• DarthLemon66

DarthLemon66

#33681259 - 1 week ago

I have a very simple idea and a question, idea first.
    How the semblance works is as long as it's active everyone around the user (range of 30 feet or so) gets progressively more angry towrds the user even having the possibility of losing their minds to anger. The way to stop this is if either the wielder turns it off, or they lose focus. Strange idea but it's simple and has so much destructive potential.
    My question here is: Would it be possible for a character to have 2 semblances (don't nag yet keep reading)? The reason I ask this because I thought of a character based on Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde who is pretty much two people in one and I was curious how outside the realm of possibility 2 semblances would be. Originally I thought give the Hyde side the angry semblance previously mentioned and give the Jekyll side the opposite, passifying people instead of angering them.

• e-moss

e-moss

#33681261 - 1 week ago

Disclaimer: I am not an expert, but I think the dual semblance idea would work with those semblances and that character, because the semblances are so much like each other, just affecting opposite emotions, that it would reflect the dual personality of the character.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33681272 - 1 week ago

In reply to DarthLemon66 You can do whatever  you want, since it's your character. However, I personally don't like the idea, and I know many other people in the community would look down on a character with 2 semblances. Unless maybe you frame it as 1 semblance with different effects for each alter.

• j.a.diablerie

j.a.diablerie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Stultus Philosophorum

#33681277 - 1 week ago

In reply to DarthLemon66

If it's just a split personality, then no. That's still the same soul, just in a different state. It would be more sensible for the Semblance to stay the same, but the way it is used changes drastically.

I can't say two Semblances is an absolutely outrageous idea, one of my characters has two. But that character is technically two people in one body, as in biologically. They are a biological chimera, and is a not-insignificant amout their twin sibling. In that case, that character literally has two souls, one is just miniscule, dormant and normally unresponsive.

• TourmalineC

TourmalineC

#33681347 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Semblance: Immobilisation, essentially a (for lack of a better word) glyph that renders enemies unable to move from that one spot. This semblance can be expanded to quite a large radius.

Limits: While their legs may be stuck, enemies can still move their arms so if they have guns or projectile weapons then this won't stop them from attacking. Also the wider the radius of the glyph the weaker its effects, so while a small, concentrated glyph could hold a Nevermore for a while, a large one might only hold a few humans for a few minutes.

Example: My character (Mal,short for Tourmaline) is being chased by a horde of Grim so she uses this semblance in order to give herself more time to escape.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33681475 - 1 week ago

In reply to DarthLemon66

I would have to agree with j.a.diablerie and AnimeAnnemarie. It's two personalities but it's still one person, so it's very possible for the idea to be rejected by most people anyways. It's reasonable for there to be a TWO-PART Semblance, as in the same Semblance having two different effects (they have to be similar, mind you), but two different Semblances for one person... It's just not going to go well.

• DarthLemon66

DarthLemon66

#33681721 - 1 week ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis yeah, that's what i went with in the end.

• TourmalineC

TourmalineC

#33681868 - 1 week ago

In reply to TourmalineC

Another one I thought of for my other OC, Blanche

Semblance: Slipstream, the character suddenly puts on a burst of speed that allows them to seemingly disappear and reappear a distance away. This isn't teleportation, they just travel really fast.

Limits: The character can only travel a few feet away, it's not teleportation, they can only go somewhere if it is within a certain radius. Also using this semblance is very taxing and the user will end up burning a lot of calories in a short amount of time, making them liable to pass out.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33682078 - 1 week ago

In reply to TourmalineC I like this! It's pretty interesting, if not UNDERpowered. Being able to use it only once before passing out is pretty weak. I say several uses should be more than ok, as long as she doesn't travel too far or too often in a row.

• DarthLemon66

DarthLemon66

#33682501 - 1 week ago

In reply to TourmalineC

this reminds me of an ability in bleach. I wanna say it's called flash step, but it does pretty much the same thing to my knowledge.

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33682551 - 6 days ago

In reply to DarthLemon66

It's ALSO similar to one of the abilities of Tracer from Overwatch, though Tracer's is thanks to that whole time thing about her (not something I've read into, really)

• MeowffenSS

MeowffenSS

#33684189 - 1 day ago

In reply to Zs_skayr The drawback could also be that they're forced to take on the semblence of whoever they touch, and they can never really train their semblence that well, so they do everything they can to stay a long range away from opponents unless they want the speed to go in for the semblence steal

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33684247 - 1 day ago

Cloud Minds basing this idea on the old pulp hero The Shadow: they can hypnotize people on a large scale but only to send out a message that they are unseen. The only thing that can be seen is their shadow since they are still physically there.  On an individual level they can planet hypnotic suggestions into peoples heads depending on how susceptible they are to hypnotism.  With willing subjects they can actually do hypnotherapy to help people.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33684274 - 1 day ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla That entire description didn't make a bit of sense...

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33684350 - 23 hours ago

In reply to MeowffenSS

One of my OC's has a Semblance similar to that... Sort of combines that and the idea behind Velvet's. Basically, whenever he sees someone use their Semblance, that Semblance becomes available for random selection, the process of which he has to go through each day for a new Semblance (the drawback is he can't reselect a different Semblance or use a selected Semblance for more than a day at a time, or else the ability deactivates for about a week). It doesn't give much time for training, but how the Semblances work are known from what he's already seen, which can be built on if he can get further information from those he gets the Semblance options from.

• NovelVanguard

NovelVanguard

#33684424 - 14 hours ago

i have two semblance one is called magnetize my character can create glyphs that can connect to any object or person and she can repel or attract them to her the weakness is that it she has to be able to lift said object so like she couldn't move a mountain but a person totally fine and plus since she is in the rwby universe they actually have a very increased strength all ready.                                                                                                    The second one is energy manipulation my character can turn anything into a bomb by putting energy into it he can even make the air explode only problem with that is he can aim it also the explosions don't harm him the debry however does the weakness the bigger the object more energy is required to make it a bomb so he could overwhelm himself if he tries to make a huge object an explosive 

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33684427 - 14 hours ago

ok so what  I was trying to explains is a power similar to the power of the 1930 hero the Shadow. the power is hypnotic mental-clouding the abilities altering a person's thoughts and perceptions.

As the radio program describes it, The Shadow has the power to cloud men's minds so he cannot be seen, all that remains is his shadow.  Its not literal invisibly but a psychic ability to make people believe they can not see him but it does not hide the shadow that he cast.  besides making people believe they can not see him the Shadow can focus on individuals and hypnotize them but this requires focus.

• NovelVanguard

NovelVanguard

#33684435 - 14 hours ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla that's interesting can he only do one person or a group 

• NovelVanguard

NovelVanguard

#33684440 - 14 hours ago

In reply to Dinobot01 I think that if he had tattoos on his body that came to life it would be better but still very interesting idea

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33684441 - 14 hours ago

In reply to NovelVanguard the "do not see me" effects groups because its a simple command, The hypnotic altering of person's thoughts has to be focused on individual.   

• NovelVanguard

NovelVanguard

#33684445 - 13 hours ago

ah okay makes more sense then 

Hey what would be a good semblance for a female character with an axe 

• NovelVanguard

NovelVanguard

#33684447 - 13 hours ago

i have another semblance 

Zero G's

Basically the user makes anything float like in a zero g environment weakness user has to touch it to make it light and effect only last five minutes

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33684462 - 10 hours ago

In reply to NovelVanguard I also have characters who have pretty much the same as magnetize and zero-g...lol, I thought I was original ;_; 

-Zero-G: Sugar Sahara's semblance. This semblance allows the user to entirely cancel out the effect of gravity on anything within a certain radius (about 5 meters) around themselves. Using this semblance on heavier objects or on objects that are further away, or affecting anything for a longer period of time, all tax the user's aura level more. Furthermore, using the semblance on heavier objects or on objects falling at higher speeds (thus 'more' gravity needing to be halted) may increase the time it takes for the semblance to take full effect. So, a falling object may slow down gently before coming to a full stop.

-[no name yet, possibly: charge]: Amber Hopbush's semblance. The user has the ability to attract objects towards the user, or repel objects away from the user. Attraction and repulsion of larger objects, objects repelled or attracted at higher velocities and more objects attracted or repelled at once all tax the user's aura level more.