Forums > RWBY

Original Semblance Ideas

Posts (1682)

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33711466 - 3 months ago

okay so my cousin came up with this semblance and I have been debating on if I should post it or not but here it goes

Namem

10 minutes past midnight

A unique and rare semblance that when active drains the enemy of all strength (through the use of a large glyph over the enemies back) until they're just as strong as the user. The effect only last for 10 minutes and after the time limit the enemy regains the strength that was drained from them by the glyph. Should be made note this also includes physical strength as well as aura. It also can only be used on one for at a time

As you can see there are some things wrong with this but after thinking about it for a while I kinda like it its a double edge sword. The first point I realized is that it doesn't provide the user with a automatic win but a a big chance on winning but if he cant win within the time limit then he is basically fucked. The enemy will regain a lot of strength and energy while the user will still be drained and the enemy would destroy the user

It should be noted that originally this was called Chalice of Victory and it basically did the same but if the user can win within the time limit then he could take the energy of his opponent and add it to his own forever. The enemy would be fine after a couple of days but the user would permanently gain that strength that was drained from him/her. It should also be noted that if the user lost then the enemy could take his strength as well

So I would greatly appreciate feedback (Ben 10 joke haha) on this cause I'm stuck on likeing it and hating it

• DragonicDoom

DragonicDoom

#33711813 - 3 months ago

In reply to Horus1122 Heh nice joke. This is an interesting one to say the least. It seems a little too strong for a Semblance, mainly because of the time limit. 10 minutes can decide the battle after all. On top of this a Semblance is a power derived from your SOUL so I doubt it can effect a person's body in such a way to drain them of their physical strength. While I like the Chalice of Victory idea it would have to be for a major villain, kinda like All For One. Honestly I think it would work better if it instead drained the user of their Aura instead. It would work by the glyph draining the target of their Aura and transferring it to the user until their even. 

Also this is one I've been thinking about for a while now. It shares the name of a past idea but its been revised. Its based on a made up Semblance for Jaune in a fanfic I'm reading. This Semblance allowed Jaune to summon a giant Knight like the one that Weiss can summon using her glyphs. 

Fabled Beast

-Grants the user the ability to summon a legendary creature to aid them in battle

-Can take the form of different monsters from different myths (For example, Typhon or Cerberus)

-The beast can be absorbed into the user's body to grant them some of their abilities (For example, by absorbing the dragon you gain flight)

-While powerful the beast is formed from the user's own Aura

-Requires a great level of concentration to use and perfect

-If the beast suffers damage it breaks that part of their body, meaning the user will have to either dissipate the avatar, absorb them, or waste a large amount of Aura repairing the damage

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33711847 - 3 months ago

In reply to DragonicDoom so just aura got it 

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33711877 - 3 months ago

In reply to DragonicDoom what fanfic are you reading cause that sounds awesome

• DragonicDoom

DragonicDoom

#33712064 - 3 months ago

In reply to Horus1122 Its a crossover between RWBY and My Hero Academia called Team STIK (Strike). The team is made up of Shoto, Tenya, Izuku and Katsuki. So far its up to the Vytal Festival. I highly recommend it since it doesn't make any of the characters seem OP and gives them time to develop. I much prefer their Semblance for Jaune than the canon one. 

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33712088 - 3 months ago

In reply to DragonicDoom What color is strike?

• DragonicDoom

DragonicDoom

#33712099 - 3 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie I didn't pick the name, the author did: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/12544715/1/

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33712107 - 3 months ago

Name: Razzle Dazzle

Power: Ability to harness sound and reshape it into various forms. Force fields, lazer beams and various constructs.

Limits: Can only use sounds loud enough on a certain level. If the sound isn't at the right level, then the user cannot harness it

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33712124 - 3 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01 So...how the fuck does that work. You can't turn soundwaves into matter...

• I_Am_Jarvis

I_Am_Jarvis

#33712152 - 3 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

I believe the intention was air waves produced via sound, but then again, I'd already come up with a Semblance similar to this, a few pages back, though it didn't really have THAT level of control...

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33712197 - 3 months ago

In reply to I_Am_Jarvis

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

Check out the powers of the Marvel character Dazzler. I got the idea from her powers. Also, the Marvel character, Songbird has the power to create constructs of pure sound

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33712431 - 3 months ago

Edit can't reply for some reason but dino not I love those characters man

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33712527 - 3 months ago

In reply to Horus1122

That's great. Thank you. I just bought Dazzlers first appearance in the comics and I love the story

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33712532 - 3 months ago

Name: Hero Spirit

Power: The more danger the ones the user cares for are in, the more powerful the user becomes. The user becomes stronger, faster, more agile, and durable the more in danger the users friends are.

Limit: The user needs to actually see how much danger his friends are in. If the user can't see how much trouble his friends are in, then the semblance won't work.

BTW, this is the semblance I would have given Jaune

• Jwebb1115

Jwebb1115 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33712593 - 3 months ago

ok I’m gonna throw a couple ideas for semblance’s in here.

1. Name: Warp/Blink 

Power: the user can focus on an area and warp there in the blink of an eye

Trade off: can only warp about 5 to 7 feet from where the user is currently standing. User is not vanishing and reappearing, more like moving so fast in a straight line no one can see. Also a solid object can’t be in between the user and the area he/she wants to go, otherwise the user will just slam into it

2. Name: Hardening (this ones kinda simple)

Power: user can harden any part of his/her body into a substance harder than steel. Adding an aura on top of that just makes it better.

Trade off: Can be overtaxed and cause muscles strain if using semblance all over the users body. Also increases the users body mass so unless the user has enough strength this semblance can only be used defensively. (Think kinda like Senator Armstrong) #NANOMACHINES SON 

New to this forum didn’t read the whole thing hope I’m not copying off anyone.

• sylvanlotus

sylvanlotus

#33712646 - 3 months ago

Name: ?(playing around with aura constructs but suggestions are welcome)

Power: to create tangible constructs of any animals the user has seen. These animals can be controlled by the user. The user can summon as many animals as they want (provided the limitations that i will get to in a minute.)These animals can be altered with dust to change their effects (i'll include a list of dust effects underneath limits.)  Then if the user only has only one animal active they can enter a deep trance like state during which their body will become immobile and their mind will enter the body of the animal and will be able to control the aimal and essentially become it. With enough practise the user ,when entering the mind of one of their animals will be able to shield the animal with their own aura.

Limits: The animals would only be as durable as the ammount of aura used to create it so if the user summons a bird to attack their enemy the enemy could shoot it down before it hit them .The ammount of aura and time needed to summon an animal depends on it's weight. For example a small bird would require hardly any aura and could be done instataneously whereas an elephant would take up a lot of aura and would take a couple of seconds and when entering the mind of one of the user animals their real body is vulnerable to attack.

Dust effects: Fire dust-explodes 

Ice dust-freezes

wind dust-creates a small hurricane

earth dust-is much sturdier than a regular summon

lightning dust-zaps the target like taser

magma dust (fire and earth)-turns the surface it hits in to lava

steam dust(fire and ice)-cretes a small cloud of steam

ice and lightning dust-moves incredibly fast while making everything around it move slowly

snow dust(ice and wind) makes a small blizzard where it hits

cyan(energy) dust- hits harder and drains slightly more aura than a regular summon

NOTE: all effects are relative to the size of the summon

• FallingIcarus

FallingIcarus

#33712721 - 3 months ago

I don't have names for any of these yet

1. The user can drain someone's aura, which will cause attacks to do more damage, their semblance will be weaker, just normal less aura things, but the user has to maintain physical contact the entire time they are draining their aura, and the user loses the same amount of aura that they drain (this goes by a 1:1 ratio of current aura level, so if the user takes 10% of someone who has 100% aura and be at 90% aura, then the user, if they only have 50% aura, would only lose 5% aura and not 10% and would be at 45% aura, but if both are at 100% aura, they will both lose 10% aura and if the user has twice as much aura and takes 10% aura from their opponent, they would lose 20% aura).

2. The user can replace their senses with that of another person, but they have to be able to see the other person (the user is an eagle faunus and has eagle eyesight, so this has a wide range, especially in open areas, despite this, because the person whose senses they are using does not have eagle vision, they do not while using their semblance. But if they person has night vision or really good hearing, so do they while using their semblance.) They cannot use their own senses when using their semblance and so they are vulnerable to attack.

3. The user can manipulate the density of objects. Think of how less dense objects float in water and denser object sink. They could use this to trap an opponent in the ground (by lowering and then increasing the density of the ground, or vice versa for the person), float (by lowering their own density to less than the air), make it harder for someone to move by increasing the density (and weight) of their armor or slow their attacks by increasing the density of their weapons or whatever else it could be used for.

• Jwebb1115

Jwebb1115 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33712747 - 3 months ago

Just thought of another one. 

Name: Flashbang

Power: User can emit a blinding flash of light from his/her eyes

Trade off: effectiveness varies depending on how close someone or something is. It is most effective at close range. Overusing this semblance can cause the users eyes to painfully burn. Can easily be countered if  someone simply shields their eyes. 

• GammaEmerald

GammaEmerald

#33712748 - 3 months ago

So Silver Eyes that work on people, got it

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33712751 - 3 months ago

In reply to Jwebb1115

Flashbang sounds useful for someone on a spec ops team, especially for breaching scenarios.

• Jwebb1115

#33712752 - 3 months ago

In reply to GammaEmerald well it blinds grimm too but basically yea when you put it like that. 

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33712765 - 3 months ago

In reply to FallingIcarus I really like the density one! It's very versatile. Does it have a limit so as to not make it too OP?

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33712850 - 3 months ago

In reply to sylvanlotus

I've got some name suggestions.

Dobutsu- Japanese for animal

Wild Kingdom

Astral Animals

Wild Heart

Spirit Kingdom

• DragonicDoom

DragonicDoom

#33712865 - 3 months ago

Fighting Spirit

-User's strength increases the more the user fights

-Rate of increase is dependant on the passion and ferocity with which the user fights (i.e the more the user goes on the offence the quicker their strength rises)

-Can be difficult to use since it takes a lot of stamina to continuously attack