Forums > RWBY

Roman and Neo's Relationship

Posts (28)

• triox11

triox11

#33127729 - 1 year ago

Roman and Neo are very close to one another so i want to knwo how close. in v3ep11 we saw that he was really shocked the moment neo got blown away, and we also knwo she is always at his side. Is she like his right hand or is their relationship that they love each other ??? i really want to knwo this. i want to knwo more about neo in any way.

i would also like to hear the thoughts of every other community member.

• Wafflez55

Wafflez55

#33127731 - 1 year ago

From what I can tell right now they are at least very close, whether or not it's a brother-sister like relationship, romantic, or some other close light is yet to be determined, we'll probably get a few more hints next weekend.

• Zs_skayr

Zs_skayr

#33127884 - 1 year ago

At this moment we can only confirm they have a high professional relationship with Neo following Roman's orders withouth second thought.

He could just have been worried he lost his greatest asset in combat as she was carried of by the wind.

• triox11

triox11

#33127889 - 1 year ago

In reply to Zs_skayr

I dont think so Neo took a picture adn the message guess who states that neo knows Roman had already confronted Ruby. but this guess who somehow makes me think its some kind of Love relationship. guess who is something you write to a freind or something liek that not your boss.

• Zs_skayr

Zs_skayr

#33127912 - 1 year ago

In reply to triox11

I took it more jokingly as Roman has proven to be quite the comedian.

Perhaps Neo simply made it as a joke since she knows Roman is like that.

I mainly think this because i think 'guess who?' they way you mean it is mainly used when talking about yourself to someone, not like here, referring to someone else.

• Wafflez55

Wafflez55

#33128076 - 1 year ago

In reply to NeoFanatic

Probably tears, and vows of revenge towards multiple known parties, here comes the ice-cream truck!

• HiAndromon

HiAndromon

#33128294 - 1 year ago

In reply to NeoFanatic

Agreed, I have a hard time believing that they would get rid of him without some more interaction with Penny, given who they are based on. If the bad guys did hack those systems maybe they downloaded Penny's schematics and a backup of her memory. Assuming (and hopehully) if Roman and Neo are a thing we might get a few scenes with her being jealous of How much attention Penny would get.

• DarkTempler7

DarkTempler7 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33128327 - 1 year ago

I may have missed something/am reading to much into things. But Neo is shorter then or a little taller then Ruby right? I think of her being around her age, which makes me want her to be Roman's daughter. Also, have they said if she can talk or is she mute?

• ChrisMiller8

ChrisMiller8

#33128464 - 1 year ago

In reply to NeoFanatic

In reply to HiAndromon

We def saw cinder with Penny blueprints/schematics at some point so you may be totally right. I had a feeling Penny would be coming back consider the robot part of the situation but maybe Roman will be the one to do so.

In reply to DarkTempler7

Well we know now that she can text/send pictures atleast :)

You guys are forgetting what made Penny special. She had an aura, and thus someone's soul, which means she also had free will. Just building a new robot that looks like her won't recreate her.

• DarkTempler7

DarkTempler7 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33128472 - 1 year ago

In reply to NeoFanatic

My guess is that her semblance doesn't work if she talks, like how Emerald has to see her target and has trouble with more then one at once.

• triox11

triox11

#33128480 - 1 year ago

In reply to NeoFanatic

Neo has a voice actress so she can talk right??

• Zs_skayr

Zs_skayr

#33128609 - 1 year ago

In reply to NeoFanatic

Personally i would love it if she remained silent.

It adds to her personality keeping her mysterious.

You know how still waters run deep? The less she says, the more she develops.

• triox11

triox11

#33128648 - 1 year ago

yea I like the silent part about her. I really do but you know once something will happen to Roman she has to say something. Roman cares for her so she probably cares for him to too. I don't. Think he is dead ways too awesome for that.

• ChrisMiller8

ChrisMiller8

#33128657 - 1 year ago

In reply to NeoFanatic Yeah, I think Penny's done... Then again, she DID tell Ruby that she had a plan which would allow her to stay at Beacon. I wonder...

• Nathan5027

Nathan5027 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33128888 - 1 year ago

In reply to NeoFanatic

even if we assume that Penny had an artifitial soul (I prefer the 'dying daughter theory'), it may not be possible to back-up her memory, as it could (we are discussing Psuedo-science at best, so nothing is certain) well be that her memories are tied into that 'Psuedo-Soul' in order to make it feel real (Ruby said 'You have a soul, and a heart, I can feel it.' in V2) to those around her, as they can reach out and 'touch' it.

if her memories are only storable locally, then what happens when computer chips are exposed to powerful magnetic pulses? cause that was a very powerful pulse.

it's also possible that her artifitial soul maybe unique for each itteration, so Penny 2.0 might have a very different personallity, even with all her memories intact.

Honestly, i'd rather her stay dead, than have a bastardised version of her walking around

In reply to ChrisMiller8

i doubt getting torn to pieces was part of that plan...

• MisCon

MisCon

#33129969 - 1 year ago

In reply to NeoFanatic

In reply to triox11

She does have a VA but aside from battle sounds or stuff like that she has never spoke. I'm totally fine with Neo either way but if she does speak I just hope its few and far between or only during a moment of extreme distress. Say if she was still on the ship when Roman got eaten.

You know, that's probably why Ruby got her launched off the ship! If Neo had been there, she would have HAD to speak when Roman got eaten!

And I say "Why" in terms of plot writing. Obviously, Ruby was doing whatever she could to survive. Just, a Griffon could have eaten roman in a different circumstance, perhaps while he and Neo were doing that "closing in for the kill" think mocie predators do. In that case, Neo would have had full veiw, and, if she isn't mute, should totally have said something.

• HiAndromon

HiAndromon

#33130456 - 1 year ago

In reply to ChrisMiller8

Actually they could just take her body, I would assume her shutting down doesn't mean she is dead just yet.. Also Given who Roman is based off of I would assume he would be able to trick Penny into helping, actually more like one part him being a charismatic criminal and one part altering her programming to make her more receptive to said influence.I only say making her more receptive because I am convinced she would be able to stop a total reprogramming.

• triox11

triox11

#33130591 - 1 year ago

Roman is probably very intelligent. But him reprogramming Penny I don't think so she was build as a special project from Atlas she is like the triple next gen of sience. But Roman isn't dead he is ways to awesome to let him die just like that. Neo landed softly in vale and thinks how she could kill Ruby the slowest way possible.

• DarkTempler7

#33131013 - 1 year ago

In reply to NeoFanatic

In reply to MisCon

Yeah I can totally agree with that. Which further leads my assumption that Roman is still alive. If you kill him off you almost not only limit your options with one of the best villains in the show, but you also then limit yourself with the reactions/actions of Neo as she is Roman's right hand women.

I hope we get at least a little bit of a clip or scene from her next week so I'm not suffering for another off season.

There is a thread about if he's dead with two fan made pictures about her reacting. They more or less sum up what I'm picturing.

• Wafflez55

Wafflez55

#33136869 - 1 year ago

In reply to DarkTempler7

My problem with the Neo being Roman's daughter theory is that during the episode "A good day" When Roman brings up the 'divorce' Emerald states: "Please save me the thought of you procreating." Something that implies that Roman doesn't have a child, unless Neo was adopted.

• DarkTempler7

#33137311 - 1 year ago

In reply to Wafflez55

True, but that could've been general disgust.

• Zs_skayr

Zs_skayr

#33138108 - 1 year ago

New theory, Neo is Roman's little sister.

• triox11

triox11

#33138137 - 1 year ago

In reply to Zs_skayr

I Think i have read this somewhere else already but ofc it could be. Maybe he want chaos and hates mankind cause of something what happened to his sister. If she is. But neo is really crazy so I doubt she is his sister.

• Nathan5027

Nathan5027 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33138165 - 1 year ago

In reply to triox11

In reply to Zs_skayr

I Think i have read this somewhere else already but ofc it could be. Maybe he want chaos and hates mankind cause of something what happened to his sister. If she is. But neo is really crazy so I doubt she is his sister.

maybe whatever happened drove her crazy

• jokool

jokool

#33138652 - 1 year ago

I'm just gonna say that I hope they do a flashback episode someday (hopefully in the next volume) with Neo and Roman like they did with Cinder and her crew this volume.