Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 4 In-Depth Discussion and Spoilers: Finale Week

Posts (20285)

• AgentWashingtub008

AgentWashingtub008 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Crackpot of Coffee

#33132168 - 1 year ago

Hello and welcome to the RWBY VOL.4 IN-DEPTH DISCUSSION AND SPOILERS THREAD. This is the place to discuss the future and next volume of the RWBY saga from now until Vol 4 ends. Have fun, spoilers abound.

Hey gang, welcome to the Volume 4 version of the RWBY In-depth discussion and spoilers thread! It’s great to be here. I’m AgentWashingtub008, a resident site-camper and crackpot theorist. Now, it might be a while (even in the “Year of RWBY”) until we get to see the next major installment of the RWBY saga. Untill then (and with the game, the manga, and who knows what else) this will be the perfect place for you to jump into the conversation about the future in RWBY with your reactions, analysis, theorizing, crackpottery, arguments, research, fangirl/boying, arguments and general fun. You just need to like in-depth discussion about a show you like. It’ll be a blast!

However, before we begin here are some general guidelines to help make the forum experience go swimmingly. (That I ripped off from myself in the last iteration of this thread. (With some edits.))

1: Write With Care: Grammar is good. No one is perfect, but as long as you make the effort to make your points intelligently, the conversation will be easy for everyone to follow and readers will know you care about what you are saying and respond in kind,

2: Conduct Yourself Respectably: The forum is a shared space. Please do not come in here trying to cause a mess or rile up some people. It is almost guaranteed you’ll disagree with someone else here but acknowledging that and asserting your opinion are not mutually exclusive. Keep in mind a good argument is more persuasive than yelling, screaming, and tearing into someone else’s character. Also be aware that first impressions can last. Try and present yourself with your best foot forward to start a successful journey through the thread.

Also the Rooster Teeth Forums are something viewed in public and the workplace, Please keep this conversation to a high “T for TEEN” level. We all swear sometimes, but do not treat this place like a gutter. We all know Yang is hot, Torchwick is a scumbag who deserves some trouble, Weiss can be quite the witch, and Pyrrha is pretty damn good in a fight. Even with the rising amount of content suggested for mature audiences in RWBY, it is still nothing R rated. There is more information in the Terms of Use you agreed to when you joined the site. You will be reported if you cross this line too far or too often.

EDITED PLEASE READ 2.5: Spoilers: We now HAVE SPOILER TAGS which is pretty awesome. Please use them. Spoiler Tags are a helpful thing for posters, readers, and the site in general. Here is how they work. If you have seen a video here before public release or have just watched it at launch, tag your spoilers in even a spoiler-titled thread. Generally once an episode has been live for the public (and they’ve had the time to watch it in full) , spoilers are considered fair game, especially in the heat of discussion in a spoiler titled thread, but try to be courteous. Sponsors get things early so this is especially important for that group of people. The new release format may change sponsor and spoiler etticutte, please keep an eye out.

3: Lurk: Have you ever have your mom tell you it is weird when you stay in the corner for a while to try and figure out what is going on before entering the social space? (Just me?) Well, in here that isn’t an issue. It is actually encouraged. By watching the thread you can see what is the tone and tempo of the conversation going on now. Also, instead of bringing up the same point over and over again, if you found something you want to continue talking about, you can reply to that thought someone else had and you’ve already got a foot in the door. Be careful though, if a topic is older (like a week) you may want to preface your statement or idea again. The key part of lurking is gaining a sense of where the conversation is at. It’s actually free to pay attention.

4: Try to Stay On Topic: Some threads, like this one, are made with a specific purpose. Try and be respectful of that. People come to specific topic threads for that kind of discussion. There are other threads for more general talking (Bar Threads) and you will be more than welcome there. This is not a chat-room. As to the specifics of this rule, what consists as “on topic” is something related to either the show itself or a show-relevant argument. For instance if something that happened is reminiscent of Star Wars, that is fine to call out. If you are making a point about radio science and no one seems to understand it, an explanation is fine. If a point about the conversation needs to be made, make it. But remember, this is a place about RWBY the show and all points of discussion should be able to be brought back to that. (Not all comments obviously, people can get distracted.)

5: Organize Your Thoughts: When reviewing the conversation in the thread, do not make an individual reply to everything. Try and make all of your points in one post with multiple replies. You can help distinguish where your statements are meant to go in the over-all conversation, but the “reply” function will help you for that. Post-spamming really just gums up the page and doesn’t present you that well either.

6: Remember This a Group Effort: Like the previous point, this one is about not dominating the conversation. All of us are all on different internet connections with different speeds as well as having different schedules and circumstances that may effect when and how often we speak. If you have a lot to say, a double post may be appropriate, but try to leave time and space for someone else to talk too. If you are the last person to have posted and you have a really cool new idea, give it an hour or two if you can. This is talking WITH people, not AT them.

7: Have Fun: That’s right, we should all be here because we enjoy RWBY and that is the most important thing. We are the greatest online community for a reason and that is because we can all have a good and respectful time together sharing the things we like and maybe even things we don’t like but even that should be a fine experience. Let other people have their fun too. A new conversation may start up with other people, if you have nothing, leave them be. This is a place where we all should be able to talk and have a good time, try it.

And there is the long of the guidelines. We can’t predict everything that could happen, but following these generalities will help. We also need to work together to keep it fun and safe. Report trolling, flame-modding (where everything gets a -1 mod for no reason) , dishonorable conduct, and bullying. Team work makes the dream work, guys.

I can’t wait to get started talking about RWBY in-depth with our reactions, analysis, theorizing, crackpottery, arguments, research, fangirl/boying, arguments and general fun. Before we go, the briefest of reminders: Don’t be an idiot or an asshole and look out for the Forum Yetti.

Let's get cracking!

• Burning_Zero

Burning_Zero FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gunpla is Freedom!

#33132177 - 1 year ago

Thank you for the post, this will get many people hyped for Vol.4, all i can hope for is that Yang get's a prosthetic arm and making it look like Penny's and i would like to see more character development for everyone.

• Epsilon584

Epsilon584 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Chillin'

#33132183 - 1 year ago

I like what you've done with the place...

Maybe insert a larger Header at the top?

• AgentWashingtub008

AgentWashingtub008 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Crackpot of Coffee

#33132186 - 1 year ago

In reply to Epsilon584

Do you know how to change text size in the forums?

• Epsilon584

Epsilon584 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Chillin'

#33132198 - 1 year ago

In reply to AgentWashingtub008

No, why would you ask?

• AgentWashingtub008

#33132201 - 1 year ago

In reply to Epsilon584

Halp pleez

• Epsilon584

#33132206 - 1 year ago

Little formatting button next the bold thing? Type what'll be your header, highlight it, click on formatting button, select size you want.

• AgentWashingtub008

#33132223 - 1 year ago

In reply to Epsilon584

Okay, so that?

• Epsilon584

#33132225 - 1 year ago

I was thinking for more of a simple title, using all caps and large letters

MAKES IT SEEM LIKE YOU'RE YELLING!!!

• AgentWashingtub008

#33132229 - 1 year ago

In reply to Epsilon584

I guess yeah, before I knew I could change the font I just thought that would differentiate that. Give it a minute.

• Epsilon584

#33132234 - 1 year ago

No worries, within a week mostly everyone will just get to the thread by notification, bypassing the front page...

• Liela

Liela Aim to Misbehave

#33132237 - 1 year ago

Thanks for the new thread! :-) I am lurk-bat ready!

• AgentWashingtub008

#33132240 - 1 year ago

In reply to Liela

You're welcome.

In reply to Epsilon584

I'm also going to be taking the bold part out once the finale airs. If you have any more comments, why not PM me?

• mArcherX

mArcherX

#33132350 - 1 year ago

Wait, which seat's mine, and should I bring popcorn?

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33132361 - 1 year ago

To get this party started rightly, here's Matt the Mammoth Rider's recap of the last episode before the finale.

• Epsilon584

#33132373 - 1 year ago

In reply to jVictor

First plot twist of the new thread: Matthew J. "Mammoth Rider" Victor is just self promoting.

• Alexshow

Alexshow Time to change a thing..

#33132374 - 1 year ago

In reply to jVictor

Yea..that's something.

So, nice to see this start up..but now, I shall wait. By the way of watching someone rage..

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33132380 - 1 year ago

In reply to Epsilon584

He actually has an RT account. @MammothRider. I keep tagging him in these threads hoping he'll post them himself, but until then someone has to spread the good word.

• Dave3DArt

Dave3DArt FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Sensational Find.

#33132391 - 1 year ago

Ah yes, preparing for the inevitable.

• Epsilon584

#33132397 - 1 year ago

Maybe we shouldn't get our hopes up for the Cinder vs Ozpin fight, like, remember the last time we were about to get a super awesome fight that's been built up for a long time? The one involving a particular kickass suit of armor?

Wpnb2FT.png

please RT, not again...

HOLD THE FUCK UP, WHAT IS THAT TO LEFT OF GRIF!? IS THAT, CLOAKED ARMOR?!

• AgentWashingtub008

#33132402 - 1 year ago

In reply to Epsilon584

Looks like sparks to me.

• Epsilon584

#33132408 - 1 year ago

Give me a sec

edit.png

• AgentWashingtub008

#33132413 - 1 year ago

In reply to Epsilon584

That dress is clearly blue.

• mArcherX

mArcherX

#33132422 - 1 year ago

*First RWBY page is talking about RvB*

Looks like I'm home.

• AgentWashingtub008

#33132425 - 1 year ago

In reply to mArcherX

Yeah... But It's me and Epsilon, it kind of just happens.

You want to move it into the other off-season thread? I'll still act surprsised.