Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 4 In-Depth Discussion and Spoilers: Finale Week

Posts (20273)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33557849 - 6 months ago

In reply to Garro

Yes Penny is MUCH easier to bring back all they need is a local copy of her memories and a backup body.

As for Pyrrha they cant go too long because interest will wane. 

Most likely by sometime in vol 5 they will either hint or stinger Pyrrha's return.

With her full reveal in vol 6 that way they bookend it.

Her "death" in 3, her reveal in 6, and then her return in 9 with 12 being the final volume is the idea I have been working on.

For Penny though there is a LOT of ways to play it from her not having knowledge of RWBY to her not recalling the tournament because her backup was too far back and so its from those times.

• garro

garro

#33557865 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Same here. How I want Pyrrah to come back ( this is just an idea) is during the Fall of 

Atlas ( which would be Volume 8-9, depending how they do it ) is Salem suddenly 

appearing before Team RWBY ( after they and reborn Penny defeat Dark Penny/ Malice)

and summoning Grimm Pyrrah to fight for her. Then after she kicks WBY's ass she throws 

her javelin at Ruby, only for Jaune to go "Noooo" and jump in front of it and hitting him

instead. Team RWBY escapes ( to wherever's safe after Atlas), leavening Jaune 

behind in the ruins of Atlas, thinking he's dead. Of course he's not and becomes 

infected by the evil of the Grimm ( thanks to the javelin) and that unleashes 

his Dark Side/ Tyler Durdun version of him, who wants him to defeat Salem to 

become the new overlord/herald of the Grimm. At least that's how I see it. 

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33557879 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Not even memories, just her personality.

In reply to revanninja

Dr. Polendina would obviously be Geppetto.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33557881 - 6 months ago

In reply to Garro

...yeah I dont want that at all.

See the way I see it is she is used to start a war with Atlas in mistral. RNJR KNOW something is wrong and they cant get close to her Watts leo are keeping everyone away.

Then when their plan works they tell Pyrrha to kill RNJR. 

Jaune goes in and fights with Pyrrha pleading with her to wake up. He is holding her off. She is better then he is no question but Jaune knows her style she taught it to him afterall so he is keeping ahead of her.

But he screws up either because he keeps it up for so long or something else like rubble. 

He falls and she goes in for the kill but he activates his semblance which is a shield and as it hurls Pyrrha back we hear 

For it is in passing that we achieve immortality. Through this, we become a paragon of virtue and glory to rise above all. Infinite in distance and unbound by death, I release your soul, and by my shoulder, protect thee.

And then Pyrrha looks up and says jaune? before Watts whisks her away giving us the clue she is in there.

• revanninja

#33557883 - 6 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

Disagree but I wont debate with you.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33557890 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I'm just saying that there's already a character for a father figure who crafted Penny's allusion character. 

• revanninja

#33557894 - 6 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

Yes and I disagree 

Her allusion is clear but that doesnt mean her father has to use the same allusion.

We dont know anything about him saying its Geppetto just doesnt make a lick of sense because for example Blake is clearly Beauty and the beast yet her parents DONT follow the allusion.

Same goes for Tai in regards to both Yang and Ruby.

So Penny's allusion doesnt mean anything since we have canon fact allusions not linning up like that.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33557926 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja

True. But it is still fair to say at this juncture it's most likely he's Geppetto since he's not more likely he's specifically something else.

• revanninja

#33557934 - 6 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

No disagree for the reason I already laid out

I won't debate with you

From my phone 

• garro

garro

#33558255 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to Garro

...yeah I dont want that at all.

See the way I see it is she is used to start a war with Atlas in mistral. RNJR KNOW something is wrong and they cant get close to her Watts leo are keeping everyone away.

Then when their plan works they tell Pyrrha to kill RNJR. 

Jaune goes in and fights with Pyrrha pleading with her to wake up. He is holding her off. She is better then he is no question but Jaune knows her style she taught it to him afterall so he is keeping ahead of her.

But he screws up either because he keeps it up for so long or something else like rubble. 

He falls and she goes in for the kill but he activates his semblance which is a shield and as it hurls Pyrrha back we hear 
    For it is in passing that we achieve immortality. Through this, we become a paragon of virtue and glory to rise above all. Infinite in distance and unbound by death, I release your soul, and by my shoulder, protect thee.

And then Pyrrha looks up and says jaune? before Watts whisks her away giving us the clue she is in there.

Mine is more logical, but yours is "interesting". 

• revanninja

#33558279 - 6 months ago

In reply to Garro

I don't think logical is the way I would describe yours no offense

From my phone 

• Alexshow

Alexshow Time to change a thing..

#33558309 - 6 months ago

Just to bring this up,

RWBY: Volume 4, will release on Blu-Ray and DVD on June 6th.

91k84eFvwEL._SL1500_.jpg

The DVD version is available for Preorder on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/RWBY-4-None/dp/B06XKS41H2/ref=tmm_dvd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1491176828&sr=8-1

• Spoolofwhool

Spoolofwhool

#33558388 - 6 months ago

In reply to Alexshow

Interesting how the art is a lot more anime-styled.

• Asdrubael

Asdrubael

#33558546 - 6 months ago

These bots make me wish for an Exterminatus upon this thread.

Anyhow, wouldn't Merlot by a more likely candidate for a Frankenstein inspired character, since he is the one who is experimenting with unnatural forces after all? Watts reminds me more of Tesla based on appearance, even though he isn't fictional, but hey, they've used historical figures before.

• garro

garro

#33558621 - 6 months ago

In reply to Asdrubael

I thought so as well, but I thought he'd be busy making new lab grown Grimm.

Anyway, in the first episode of Volume 4, Watts was using a Remnant version 

of the I-phone, so I thought he might have made the BCV to infect the Atlas 

robots for Cinder. 

• revanninja

#33558758 - 6 months ago

In reply to Garro

In reply to Asdrubael

Actually Merlot is said to be based on Moreau

Merlots experiments are on Grimm which transforms them much like how Moreau transformed animals into humans.

Frankenstein was about creating life not transforming it.

That is why Merlot is not Frankenstein their methods and goals are different.

Watts may not be Frankenstein we know nothing about him outside his name is a unit of electrical measurement.

But he does show some basic rough allusions that may or may not pan out.

Frankenstein was arrogant like Watts is shown to be.

Both are more known by their surname then their first Aurther and Victor for example.

Both are willing to "Bend" the rules to do what they want.

This is all rough and in the end may not be true but right now based on what VERY little we know about Watts a leaning towards Frankenstein does appear to be the case.

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33558783 - 6 months ago

so I just discovered that rat changed the first rules so that  first members get access a week earlier than everyone else... after they already said that if you had a regular rt account you could see it one day after first members.... what a stab in the fucking back.  

• revanninja

#33558794 - 6 months ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life

Where did you see that because so far its always been a single day later.

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33558801 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Because the red vs blue episode still isn't available for non first members... they need to stop shoving first in our faces. 

• revanninja

#33558803 - 6 months ago

Actually I dont think that is normal.

Because looking at the schedule it says 

EARLY screening for first members.

Meaning they are letting First see it now but 4-9 is the actual release date 

Which is probably part of their promotion so I think its just Episode 1 is being shown early alone and the rest will be the normal stuff.

• Bumblebee4life

#33558805 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Hopefully

• revanninja

#33558813 - 6 months ago

Having poked around it seems like I am wrong.

They did change it and the reason listed for WHY is so First get more bang for the buck.

There was almost no reason to have First since it released on Sat got shown on Sun so if not a first you just had to wait a day.

We saw this attitude a LOT with RWBY for example and that HAD to hurt them. First is direct money to RT and the service wasnt valued because the gap was so small.

People may not like it from what I am reading but it does make sense.

It makes there be a reason for First it also rewards those who are First by making it so there is an honest reward to signing up.

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33558817 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I did feel like the 1 day window was too small, but I think the full seven days is wrong in the opposite direction. It shuts first members and non-first members off from each other in discussion threads like this one. I understand that other services like Crunchyroll have this model, but Crunchyroll isn't really known for having strong native community discussions of its series, whereas RT does. I know the "Golden Mean" is a logical fallacy, but I think a compromise of maybe 72 hours would be more adequate. It would give the discussion threads a full four days of level ground to talk about the most recent episode without feeling like First members were getting shafted. 

• revanninja

#33558826 - 6 months ago

In reply to jVictor

And I can agree to that.

I understand all 3 sides of this.

First didnt feel special

RT wasnt getting more First aka money and followers

And non-first feel this slights them heavily.

The issue with the 72 is also ability to watch. So if an episode comes out on sat then its tues people can watch it for free. The issue is that is in the middle of the work week so its going to limit watchers.

Honestly catch 22 on all sides.

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33558829 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Well it's not really an issue with a web series. You can watch it after you get home from work.