Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 4 In-Depth Discussion and Spoilers: Finale Week

Posts (20285)

• Radius55

Radius55 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Site Admin

#33554608 - 4 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

We don't have access to the code, and have already suggested as much to the developers. Unfortunately, priorities have been put on things like the video player. If you'd like this addressed, upvote MadManMoe's comment on Burnie's latest journal and add your voice in reply.

Also, in response to something you said on the previous page, Captcha was implemented on sign up with no apparent change in spam frequency. It's probably people on the other side, not actual bots.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33554616 - 4 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

Months dude. Though they started with Pride and Prejudice.

In reply to ImmaThinkin

Wait so that's not the same bot?

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33554642 - 4 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

No, it's not the same bot. I saw Ivxiaohuer42 here a few weeks ago, then Ivxiaohuer46, as well as Ivxiaohuer47 and Ivxiaohuer48 on another thread. Then, Ivxiaohuer49-52 were here, I think.

Same source, different individual entity, unless the bot is just renaming itself.

In reply to Radius55

Huh. These must be some pretty smart bots then. Aren't some of them here trying to lure people to Korean web sites that probably host some viruses? That might explain what these bots are here for- to get viruses on users' devices to get access to data or money.

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33555867 - 4 months ago

Whelp time to abandon ship.  

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33556438 - 4 months ago

In reply to lvxiaohouer56

In reply to lvxiaohouer55

My hunch was right, the names do go up incrementally! AHA! Elementary!

l6eyj1H.jpg

• Epsilon584

Epsilon584 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Chillin'

#33556700 - 4 months ago

Wow, RT has really let this place go...

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold DingleDong

#33557016 - 4 months ago

In reply to Epsilon584

They're working on it...

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33557306 - 4 months ago

I have a theory about Watson form team WTCH. I think he's based on Dr. Watson from the Sherlock Holmes books

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33557321 - 4 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

There is no Watson its WATTS as in the unit of measurement for electrical current.

While its currently unknown who he is suppose to be based on his name Frankenstein might actually be correct.

• Garro

Garro

#33557720 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I had that theory about Watts as well. Could he be the one to create Dark Penny/Malice?

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33557788 - 4 months ago

In reply to Garro

Probably not.

Frankenstein used living tissue and Penny is entirely metal. And we also have her father who is...someone we just dont know who yet outside of an image of a bald dark skinned with a bush white beard and remaining hair.

Right now we know almost nothing about Watts outside he is smug in the extreme.

But Watts is in Mistral.

Which is where Pyrrha is famous.

If Watts IS Frankenstein some kind of revived Pyrrha or controlled Pyrrha, depending on your view of Vol 3 finale and the dreams of 4-2, Might happen and would be an effective tool.

I have spoken on this before but if they use her right and back her up with important people like Leo they could create an anti-atlas desire in mistral and possibly set off a war.

People think Atlas is behind the fall of beacon due to the images of Atlas robots attacking people and with Atlas closing its borders plus stopping its Dust shipments its all too easy to spin that as it preparing for war. 

• Garro

Garro

#33557844 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Sure, Penny's a robot, but easier to bring back then Pyrrah. And I'd rather have Pyrrah 

come back later. That way it's more awesome.

• revanninja

#33557849 - 4 months ago

In reply to Garro

Yes Penny is MUCH easier to bring back all they need is a local copy of her memories and a backup body.

As for Pyrrha they cant go too long because interest will wane. 

Most likely by sometime in vol 5 they will either hint or stinger Pyrrha's return.

With her full reveal in vol 6 that way they bookend it.

Her "death" in 3, her reveal in 6, and then her return in 9 with 12 being the final volume is the idea I have been working on.

For Penny though there is a LOT of ways to play it from her not having knowledge of RWBY to her not recalling the tournament because her backup was too far back and so its from those times.

• Garro

Garro

#33557865 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Same here. How I want Pyrrah to come back ( this is just an idea) is during the Fall of 

Atlas ( which would be Volume 8-9, depending how they do it ) is Salem suddenly 

appearing before Team RWBY ( after they and reborn Penny defeat Dark Penny/ Malice)

and summoning Grimm Pyrrah to fight for her. Then after she kicks WBY's ass she throws 

her javelin at Ruby, only for Jaune to go "Noooo" and jump in front of it and hitting him

instead. Team RWBY escapes ( to wherever's safe after Atlas), leavening Jaune 

behind in the ruins of Atlas, thinking he's dead. Of course he's not and becomes 

infected by the evil of the Grimm ( thanks to the javelin) and that unleashes 

his Dark Side/ Tyler Durdun version of him, who wants him to defeat Salem to 

become the new overlord/herald of the Grimm. At least that's how I see it. 

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33557879 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Not even memories, just her personality.

In reply to revanninja

Dr. Polendina would obviously be Geppetto.

• revanninja

#33557881 - 4 months ago

In reply to Garro

...yeah I dont want that at all.

See the way I see it is she is used to start a war with Atlas in mistral. RNJR KNOW something is wrong and they cant get close to her Watts leo are keeping everyone away.

Then when their plan works they tell Pyrrha to kill RNJR. 

Jaune goes in and fights with Pyrrha pleading with her to wake up. He is holding her off. She is better then he is no question but Jaune knows her style she taught it to him afterall so he is keeping ahead of her.

But he screws up either because he keeps it up for so long or something else like rubble. 

He falls and she goes in for the kill but he activates his semblance which is a shield and as it hurls Pyrrha back we hear 

For it is in passing that we achieve immortality. Through this, we become a paragon of virtue and glory to rise above all. Infinite in distance and unbound by death, I release your soul, and by my shoulder, protect thee.

And then Pyrrha looks up and says jaune? before Watts whisks her away giving us the clue she is in there.

• revanninja

#33557883 - 4 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

Disagree but I wont debate with you.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33557890 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I'm just saying that there's already a character for a father figure who crafted Penny's allusion character. 

• revanninja

#33557894 - 4 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

Yes and I disagree 

Her allusion is clear but that doesnt mean her father has to use the same allusion.

We dont know anything about him saying its Geppetto just doesnt make a lick of sense because for example Blake is clearly Beauty and the beast yet her parents DONT follow the allusion.

Same goes for Tai in regards to both Yang and Ruby.

So Penny's allusion doesnt mean anything since we have canon fact allusions not linning up like that.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33557926 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

True. But it is still fair to say at this juncture it's most likely he's Geppetto since he's not more likely he's specifically something else.

• revanninja

#33557934 - 4 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

No disagree for the reason I already laid out

I won't debate with you

From my phone 

• Garro

Garro

#33558255 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to Garro

...yeah I dont want that at all.

See the way I see it is she is used to start a war with Atlas in mistral. RNJR KNOW something is wrong and they cant get close to her Watts leo are keeping everyone away.

Then when their plan works they tell Pyrrha to kill RNJR. 

Jaune goes in and fights with Pyrrha pleading with her to wake up. He is holding her off. She is better then he is no question but Jaune knows her style she taught it to him afterall so he is keeping ahead of her.

But he screws up either because he keeps it up for so long or something else like rubble. 

He falls and she goes in for the kill but he activates his semblance which is a shield and as it hurls Pyrrha back we hear 
    For it is in passing that we achieve immortality. Through this, we become a paragon of virtue and glory to rise above all. Infinite in distance and unbound by death, I release your soul, and by my shoulder, protect thee.

And then Pyrrha looks up and says jaune? before Watts whisks her away giving us the clue she is in there.

Mine is more logical, but yours is "interesting". 

• revanninja

#33558279 - 4 months ago

In reply to Garro

I don't think logical is the way I would describe yours no offense

From my phone 

• Alexshow

Alexshow Time to change a thing..

#33558309 - 4 months ago

Just to bring this up,

RWBY: Volume 4, will release on Blu-Ray and DVD on June 6th.

91k84eFvwEL._SL1500_.jpg

The DVD version is available for Preorder on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/RWBY-4-None/dp/B06XKS41H2/ref=tmm_dvd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1491176828&sr=8-1

• Spoolofwhool

Spoolofwhool

#33558388 - 4 months ago

In reply to Alexshow

Interesting how the art is a lot more anime-styled.