Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 4 In-Depth Discussion and Spoilers: Finale Week

Posts (20285)

• erepin

erepin

#33621233 - 2 months ago

Well, I've got the DVD and I've watched Volume 4 as a 'movie' a couple of times now.

My reaction is that Volume 4 is actually a lot better than it felt watching the episodes individually via the web. Watching each episode individually, particularly with the gaps between the release of each episode, made the volume feel awkward and slow. And I didn't like the separation of the characters.

Watching the entire volume in one sitting, as a 'movie' rather than episodically, made the volume feel a lot faster and more coherent. Although there's still a sense of the volume as filler or prelude, I am now very much looking forward to Volume 5.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33621242 - 2 months ago

In reply to erepin

Hmm interesting I will have to try that when i have some time.

• Lena27

Lena27

#33627952 - 1 month ago

In reply to SAmaster

Do you remember Glinda dismissing Winter's complaint with "he's always drunk"? I feel like its a well known fact that he's a drunk. Ozpin and Ironwood didn't object to the statement and the scene indicated that Qrow is known for being an alcoholic. Also, he didn't act drunk at all when fighting Tyrian. Badass, cocky but not drunk. 

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33628015 - 1 month ago

In reply to Lena27

Like I said, he is a drunk, he just plays up how drunk he is.

• Asdrubael

Asdrubael

#33635282 - 1 month ago

In reply to SAmaster

Maybe he's related to Rick Sanchez?

I do recall a theory that he uses his alcohol to somehow diminish/suppress his Semblance, but that seems a bit far-fetched. If that were the case spiking a Huntsman's drink would seriously impair their performance, and you'd think someone would have mentioned it by now. And there's no reason why it'd work on just him specifically, so it can't be a unique trait of Qrow alone. 

• cnpidimz8465

cnpidimz8465

#33636254 - 1 month ago

I like what you've done with the place...

Maybe insert a larger Header at the top?

• kezuki18

kezuki18

#33637154 - 1 month ago

Hello there Im new. ;) I was looking for a place to document possible rwby theories and ideas and just wanted to confirm if this was the right place for it

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33637197 - 1 month ago

In reply to kezuki18

I would just suggest going to the V5 thread since most people are migrating there. Also the RWBY discussion thread since that place is dead and needs new blood.

• cnpidimz8465

cnpidimz8465

#33648197 - 4 days ago

• akxnec6482

akxnec6482

#33648832 - 2 days ago