Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (33071)

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33647321 - 2 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Cool. Got some war stories?

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.1

#33647332 - 2 months ago

Never heard of otakon is that an anime expo?

• erepin

erepin

#33647374 - 2 months ago

From the website:

"Otakon is an annual celebration of Asian pop culture (anime, manga, music, movies, video games, etc.) and its fandom!"

Presumably, from the Japanese term 'Otaku', being a person who identifies as a serious (rather than casual) fan of Japanese pop culture. In other words, the Japanese equivalent of 'Trekkies'. ;)

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33647398 - 2 months ago

In reply to erepin

Oh, we had those there, too, as Vic Mignogna was there to screen the latest episode of Star Trek Continues.  by the way, one of the guest stars in that episode is Winter Schnee.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33647399 - 2 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

In reply to revanninja

Only one person who took issue with my position on RWBY, solely because it wasn't her standpoint.  Everyone else I talked with about it....it's refreshing to see the gears turn in the head.  They listened, they understood where I was coming from, and I DID genuinely change their minds on it.  Saw someone who made a Carolina version of Pyrrha's armor (she was on my side from the start).

Wrecked my voice on Rock Band (Feel Good Inc., In The End, Pompeii, We Didn't Start the Fire), got into the card game Red Dragon Inn, picked up a boatload of anime and manga, including my prime target of the full Record of Lodoss War, saw a few good panels, and saw three anime I wasn't sure about.  I....MAY add a pic of the main character of one as a profile....specifically...Tanya of Tanya the Evil.

And I got a picture of the one character I was hoping to see: Faller Anabel from Pokemon Sun and Moon.  I even got a Beast Ball from the Looker with her.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33647404 - 2 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

That's good to hear. Most people have common sense and just don't think too much on things. It's just that they don't live on the internet is all.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33647407 - 2 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Sounds like you had a lot of fun glad to hear it wasnt sure how it was going to go when you originally started talking about it.

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33647408 - 2 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

In reply to SAmaster
    In reply to revanninja

Only one person who took issue with my position on RWBY, solely because it wasn't her standpoint.  Everyone else I talked with about it....it's refreshing to see the gears turn in the head.  They listened, they understood where I was coming from, and I DID genuinely change their minds on it.  Saw someone who made a Carolina version of Pyrrha's armor (she was on my side from the start).

Wrecked my voice on Rock Band (Feel Good Inc., In The End, Pompeii, We Didn't Start the Fire), got into the card game Red Dragon Inn, picked up a boatload of anime and manga, including my prime target of the full Record of Lodoss War, saw a few good panels, and saw three anime I wasn't sure about.  I....MAY add a pic of the main character of one as a profile....specifically...Tanya of Tanya the Evil.

And I got a picture of the one character I was hoping to see: Faller Anabel from Pokemon Sun and Moon.  I even got a Beast Ball from the Looker with her.

*epic brofist*

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33647427 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

It could have very well turned out like that.  A good deal of them were VERY much into RWBY, well beyond a passing interest.  The comparison to DBZ and Krillin REALLY made them think about it, since I built that piece not just to show how much solid foundation, support and technique went into making the narrative of one three minute sequence carry its weight, it's a direct challenge to popular rhetoric regarding character resurrection as a literary device AND the common derision of the shonen genre in general (using the poser child for straight shonen, no less), as well as showing that despite what the fans say about RWBY not being straight shonen, it is SLATHERED in the sauce of shonen.

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33647460 - 2 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Well sounds better than dashcon at least 

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33647511 - 2 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

That sounds like a buttload of fun. I'm glad. Also, interesting how you got to people who listen. That is not usual, to say the least, but it's refreshing.

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33647540 - 2 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

In reply to revanninja

It could have very well turned out like that.  A good deal of them were VERY much into RWBY, well beyond a passing interest.  The comparison to DBZ and Krillin REALLY made them think about it, since I built that piece not just to show how much solid foundation, support and technique went into making the narrative of one three minute sequence carry its weight, it's a direct challenge to popular rhetoric regarding character resurrection as a literary device AND the common derision of the shonen genre in general (using the poser child for straight shonen, no less), as well as showing that despite what the fans say about RWBY not being straight shonen, it is SLATHERED in the sauce of shonen.

You and i really needa talk bout writing. I could probably use your advice on stuff.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33647589 - 2 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

It's all in the details.  Showing how those details changed the intended narrative for the worse was a factor as well, nicely done by the analysis of Pyrrha, Cinder and Glynda.  This showed that the Cinder/Pyrrha battle was not the heroic last stand that was presented, but a weapon demonstration for Cinder's Fall Maiden Powers, with Pyrrha as the punching bag, and how it takes the narrative control away from Pyrrha and gives it to Cinder.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33647618 - 2 months ago

So something that has bugged me is people have been saying if Pyrrha was revived and Cinder had a dark ally people would peg it as her right away.

And that isnt fully true if handled right.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius spoilers here its been out for awhile now but still covering.

This is Rain.

He is the Main Character of the series.

This is the Veritas of the Dark The DarkLord

There is 8 Veritas though you only deal with 6 each linked to an element Dark, Light, Flame, Sky, Water, Earth, Bolt, and Frost.

They are all over 700 years old due to magic.

Raegen is Rain's father who is missing before the game starts.

Kind of Funny how they look a lot like Jaune isnt it?

Now one thing to keep in mind is Visions which is the ability to summon people even those long dead and with strong enough people even those still alive.

Spoiler time

Sakura the Former BoltLord calls out DarkLord and uses the Name Raegen. Telling us Rain's father is Veritas of the Dark. And LightLord more or less confirms this though no one is sure WHY though because Raegen wasnt going to join the plan and in fact Light killed Raegen's wife by accident over that very fact...its complicated Light really didnt mean to do it. 

But here he is strangely fully along.

Turns out the Raegen in the DarkLord armor is a vision of Raegen from 700 years ago.

The real Raegen is using the FrostLord's armor to match and stop the Veritas.

Thus the reveal that if we see a person in the armor it has to be that person doesnt need to be true while 100% being true depending on how they handle it.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33647633 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

But it would make sense if Cinder made Grimm Pyrrha her ally. She's all about taking away one's strengths, and one of Pyrrha's strength was her faith in friends. Turning her against her former allies would be the best way to exploit her.

Of course it could happen any other way, if done properly. But this way is the one I see more likely and more in tune with Cinder's personality.

• revanninja

#33647648 - 2 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

No I agree but I was pointing out that people say if we see a dark stranger with Cinder then its Pyrrha but that doesnt have to be the case.

I recall Wheel of Time which actually did revive someone but gave them a whole new body name and everything. It was actually part of the punishment they survived but were stripped of everything they once were.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33647659 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I see. Like, if Cinder gets a new henchman (henchwoman?) by force it has to be Pyrrha. 

• revanninja

#33647673 - 2 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

A covered Henchman 

10-04-08_002.jpg

This is Jill from RE5

If we see something like this people may think Pyrrha when it may not be or a fake out.

What would be cool is if we get a covered henchwoman who handles the party like its easy then when they face off they knock off the mask and its summer but then there is a noise and another henchwoman is there wearing the EXACT same clothes but as they fly off the mask comes off and its Pyrrha.

That would be an EPIC fake out.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.1

#33647739 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Meh I'd rather just have her just show up. Like just as an example Jaune is about to strike Cinder then another blade blocks it. Everyone looks shocked its Pyrrha. She stands there menacingly before giving an evil "Hello Again" before going on the attack.

• revanninja

#33647751 - 2 months ago

In reply to JROY

See that works there is so many ways to reintroduce her and have it be epic.

And you know what would be better?

pyrrha Sorry.

Kicks Jaune through a Wall.

jaune Pyr? PYRRHA!

Fades to Black

and in the background Kerry and Miles Laughing evil while twirling arm in arm

• JROY

#33647754 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Well How'd I'd do it is have her show up at the end of the episode, with her going on the attack and ending it there. Have the next episode have a flashback kinda explaining how Pyrrha got to where she was and how she was corrupted. 

Then have Salem put her up against Grimm to test her. We see Pyrrha lung at the screen and have it transition to the present with someone going flying into a wall.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33647756 - 2 months ago

What would you guys call it if Jaune actually does try to fight Cinder because of hate.

• acw28

acw28

#33647757 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to JROY

I don't know, I kind of like the cloak idea (not the Summer part of it though), where the heroes just keep encountering a new cloak adversary again and again and keep unmasking them to the point that Jaune is just sick of it and does a one v one fight and is doing good (not one sided, but his skills have defiantly improved since volume one) until he knocks off the hood and sees Pyrrha's face (inset obligatory "Hello Again" line here) at which point he's to stunned to put up a fight and looses badly (insert Evil! Pyrrha having a satisfied smirk as she leans over the defeated knight and whispers, "Not sorry," and then cut to black).

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33647768 - 2 months ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life

Was that the one with the ball pit?

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33647772 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

db030bc1c016e3a99a15635ad30c159e453c5d36

That Miles+Kerry part is a little fucked up, all things considered. Haven't those two been pegged as bad guys enough recently, with people having sent them needle-filled cookies and such?

Other than that, no problems.