Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (36720)

• 77explorer

77explorer FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33692850 - 5 months ago

Part 2:

Blake was certain from the lack of commentary on Yang's part that she become just enthralled as everyone else. The fact that eyes were split between their usual violent and red briefly brought forth the memory of someone about a third and a quarter as tall, but then her mind reoriented to the sight before her now. None of her books could have prepared her for what was happening just feet away from her. Blake wanted to pretend she wasn't purring but that would be a lie. Thankfully Sun was still outside or she'd never live this down.

Raven was having the most intolerable case of deja vu right now. What was it with Branwen Tribe girls and mostly handsome blondes? Qrow'd gone back to being smug, most likely at a half clever thought in his booze addled head, but that could be dealt with later. The problem was the one person who wasn't enthralled, their little shifty eyes looking all about, thinking of making an escape. Lover boy had obviously given Leo a bit more than specified, but it was easy enough to deal with. Withdrawing her sword for an instant, she swiftly cracked him in the chin with her heel. Blade back in position before anyone (except her brother) noticed she dimly consider this meant they'd have to wait a while before getting any more information out of him. Oh well, let him dream and when he awakes learn that the nightmare was real. Scanning the crowd she noticed the hammer welding carrot top of the twosome poke the other's nose; the small smile of the stoic boy made that deja vu echo even louder. And a few moments later the same boy did a blush/wince when, if she didn't miss her guess, the girl grabbed one of his but cheeks a bit too hard. Little brother's response sumgness was becoming unbearable.

And Ruby...she felt a kaleidoscope of emotions. While her partner stared with vacant eyes into the void where the wayward gods, spirits, or perhaps her Summons resided, pleading for one of them to tell her what the "ahem" was going on, her own focus was toward her first friend in Beacon and the wom- thieving trollop! Huh, that came from a dark place...perhaps everything had affected her more than she realized. Her heart becoming caged in Weiss. And there was the irreparable damage Yang had done to psyche; Blake hadn't left any marks...yet. Sone of those books of her's were definitely dangerous though. Ninjas...

Taking a slow, steadying breath, Ruby attempted to center herself; to reassert her usual confidence and positive nature. She could make it through if she just-

...Jaune's face and her's were getting much closer together. Almost seemed her hand was bring him in for-or a-a-a ki-.

Suddenly she felt herself become far away from everything, even herself. She saw, but didn't feel, her hand rise before her. The tiggle of infusing aura, hallmark of semblance activation, ran oddly about her and she viewed the young woman slump on her side and slide three feet away. The fog then lifted and everyone again stood stunned; their focus now on her.

"What happened?!" Bringing Cresent Rose's rifle form to bare, Ruby swung about, searching for the cause and more likely, enemy. Not finding anything or anyone suspect, she looked to her allies for help. They all seemed to be...looking at her. Reflex born to training and the very essence of survival slashed the space above her head, weapon transforming into scythe midway through. Empty air was the only thing her blade met. Readying the backswing, she could help but observe no had moved. And their eyes were still upon her.

• 77explorer

77explorer FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33692851 - 5 months ago

Part 3:

Looking back and forth between them, Ruby repeated "What? Did anyone see who," she pointed at the not-Spring Maiden, "...did that?" After many  exchanged glances, Blake was first to speak. "Ruby, this might sound crazy, but-". "You did!", the bandit...Vernal, that was her name, snapped. Wow, there was vemon on that...wait. A deep confusion mired the silver eyed girl's thoughts; that couldn't be right, right? "Dolt," ah, Weiss was back, "...how much do you remember? The last few minutes." Her voice wasn't as forceful as usual. Part of that could be due to recovery, but there was also a caution present, like she didn't know how to proceed. Weiss could be many things, yet unsure was a rarity.

Doing her best impression of a curious Zwei, she tilted her head to one side and pondered. "Um..." She tried to think harder, but whenever she approached the incident...there was a blank until...after. No answer presented itself and she might have not had one for a very long time if not for a...scroll? Ruby had unconsciously caught it, a quiet grunt proclaiming it belonged to Nora. A video file had been queued up and her hand motions indicated she should play it. Following a beat or two of hesitation, she did.

Putting aside how Nora caught the footage, Ruby observed herself has she was just a few moments ago. And how Jaune and Vernal were. Breathe, stay calm, surrender not to the dark (or whatever happened). In any case there she was, raising her hand and motioning her fingers from right to left. A fragment of memory from that time forth a feeling. That tiggle of aura, it had come from her palms and fingertips instead of her legs. That was strange; no scratch that, it was terrifying.

Now one might say she was jumping to conclusions, but given she just seen herself move something, no someone by force of will alone, she thought she could be forgiven for speculating whether or not her semblance had mutated. The first person that brought to mind was Glinda Goodwitch, as she remember the riding crop toting professor had a nigh total mastery of telekinesis. Yet this didn't seem right as her focus had been the entire person, but rather a certain point. Objects, two of them resting on her lower back. She could still sense them in fact, especially the rounder portions. Very high grade steel, similar to her Darling's blade, but quite roug-.

Metal...she could feel it, all around her. Buckles, zippers, buttons, weapons, armor, even stray bobby pins in Yang's hair. No, it was more than that. A pulse, a pull and push between all these things. Polarity. Ruby began to feel sick; why, why did she have this semblance now? It wasn't her's. This belonged to Pyr-.

The world again fell away and do this time the darkness kept hold. But even as her consciousness sank she felt another rising up. It was familiar somehow. She knew a moment ago but the "why" had left her. She did still feel trust toward it though, so she stopped fighting and let it break through the surface.

The girl stubbled a bit, head covered by her hood as she dipped forward, then revealed again straightening back up. One observant member of the group noticed something peculiar, mainly because he was Remnant's foremost and possibly only expert. Peering through Oscar's sight, Ozpin had the most unusual sensation: a dual aura, of one soul tethered to another soul and an aperture by which they might transition wakefulness.

A mental grumble rippled the word "seize", but he faulted not the young man. He betrayed a bond of trust; it would not be easily mended.

Ms. Rose or rather the new soul, gazed about slowly, taking in details as one might if in an unfamiliar place. Then, she turned to Mr. Arc and said, "Hello again..." The sound was Ms. Rose's voice but the manner of speach and posture, along with other nonverbal ques pointed to another. Someone who should never be able to reach across to the realm of mortals ever again, let alone stand there. Yet she did, Ms. Rose's weapon hovering beside via invisible waves. "Pyrrha?" Jaune said, truly not knowing what to believe.

• 77explorer

#33692895 - 5 months ago

Part 3.5:

"It's been so long. I'm glad to see all of you again!" The voice altered slightly as it said these words, a shifting undertone reminiscent of another voice. Only instead of it being that of an older man, it was a young woman's. One many present of had known quite well. Nora sobbed, Ren gasped, and Jaune was beyond emotion. Team _WBY found themselves in a similar ranges of disbelieve but shared the one common thought of, "Where was Ruby now?"

On the side of less acquainted persons, Qrow now missed his flask more than ever, having become far too sober to deal with this level of crazy. Raven, on the other hand, observed with her normal detachment, attempting to figure the angles and opportunities this new development brought. And Vernal was just pissed (Leo was still chin-kick unconscious and therefore didn't get an opinion). Needless to say, also the first to act.

Stomping over, she got right up (though really more down) in the girl's face. "Alright, the hell is going on you of flaky-" Before Vernal could issue her threat in full, however, she felt same tug on her pistols. Like an invisible chain had suddenly gone taunt, she found herself unable to advance any further. Her feet scuffed uselessly against the floor until that same girl sent her toppling through the air with a dismissive motion of her fingers. Gritting her teeth, the polarity user shouted "Back off my man!"

Much as Vernal normally admired such moxie, the painful landing and earlier block had made the bandit far less congenial. And she had two fingers to prove it.

Walking toward her crush, the young lady couldn't keep the heat from her cheeks. Somehow she survive and would waste no more time. Reaching out to the stunned boy, she noticed the peculiar garb she was dressed in. Not only that something seemed off about her hands; were they always this small? Another inconsistency was Jaune's height; he'd been a little taller before, but this was ridiculous. Looking back she saw Ruby's Crescent Rose still floating about and catch a reflection in the blade. Staring at it then turning back only to stare again. Pyrrha Nikos saw her friend Ruby Rose within it. Copying her every move. Reaching up to touch her face, the bizarre sight was proven true. She'd become...someone else?!

The shock sent her mind reeling, only to the further compounded by the realization of the words she just said, in front of everyone, not five minutes ago. This mental tumult cast her back through the aperture and caused the original consciousness to surge back forth. Now was Ruby turn to glance about and wonder what happened. The sudden "thunk" of Crescent Rose's blade into the floor helped her focus come back far more expediently. What just happened...again? "I'm sorry!", a voice echoed. Which might been welcome if it didn't come from within her own mind!

She went to collect her Sweatheart, if only to hold something tangible in all this chaos. But reaching for it Ruby also glanced into the mirror finished cutting edge and saw the projector of the echo looking back. Or she would be if her hands weren't covering her face in embarrassment. "Pyrrha?!", she exclaimed. "Ruby?" Jaune shouted. "REN!!!" Nora croaked as she shook the namesake. "Ni-or-Ah!", the normally stoic young man sputtered in his whiplash.

"Our friends!", started Blake; "My sister!", shrieked Yang. "My nieces!", lamented Qrow. "My life!", cursed Raven, clutching her head. "I am so done...", mumbled Vernal.

"My cabbages!"; there was a profound silence following this retort. Yet eventually and with no little begrudging, Oscar mentally inquired, "...What?" With an unnecessary cough, Ozpin replied, "Sorry, before your time..."

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33692916 - 5 months ago

Okay just watched the episode and its sort of explained what happened to Vernal.

There is a moment where Cinder grabs Raven by the throat with the Grimm arm and visibly begins to suck out the Maiden power. Raven also manages to hurt the Grimm arm and says its Grimm so Aura cant protect it.

So most likely the Grimm arm is Vampiric in nature and can absorb Aura as it started to do with Raven just by mere touch. Vernal also wasnt dead though she does die from the wounds it inflicted.

This isnt being said for the most part but rather what I am gathering.

Cinder also just has a scar under the mask as it gets smashed and we get to see her face which Prince Zuko had it better no question.

Cinder "fell" to her death after being Frozen but chances are good she isnt dead as she fell into darkness very Disney like and its an odd way to die since none of the characters get closure. So chances are good she will be back.

It also puts the power level as Cinder was beat by Raven another maiden who is VERY powerful and she almost didnt win it was clear it could go either way.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33692918 - 5 months ago

In reply to revanninja I hope the next one either reveals Pyrrha's parents or give us something hinting her coming back. 

Also Cinder falling, I can see why the chapter is called "downfall". Heh. I'm hilarious. Couldn't resist making the joke.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33692954 - 5 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi I'm pretty sure your not the only thing of it. Other then that SOOO satisfying to see Cinder get on the ass end of an ass-kicking and end up getting PWND like she deserves for all the crap she did.

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33692968 - 5 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Bring the puns and jokes. Make fun of Cinder's defeat. I know Raven didn't know Pyrrha, but this is for Pyrrha, biotch.

In reply to user-572df514355fe

I'm so happy to hear Cinder got her butt kicked like OMG finally! I was worried they would pull something to make Raven lose but it didn't happen. Yes! Cinder is definitely not gone forever though. Sadly.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33692971 - 5 months ago

In reply to EmeraldKiwi94 Revan said that is not likely.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33692972 - 5 months ago

So, Cinder really is nothing more than a dime-store amalgamation of Zuko and Azula.  So much for my idea of what was behind the mask.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33692975 - 5 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

I wouldnt say that. I have a feeling there is more going on she did a Disney death and I am pretty sure that means she WILL be back.

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33692976 - 5 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

They probably just wanted to do a dramatic mask-breaking shot during the fight. I kinda wish it had happened during the fight with Jaune- instead of the mere chip- but whatever. At least we know not to make a big deal out of it, I guess.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33692990 - 5 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Fair enough.  Cinder could break herself out.  After all, Raven broke herself out of being a human popsicle.  I was also talking in terms of appearance: she basically has Azula's (and Zuko's) looks, while being a much lower tier antagonist in terms of motivation.

So, how bad is the scarring?  I need DETAILS.  Are we talking Goda from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig?

• revanninja

#33692993 - 5 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Not an accurate example but it gets the idea across

Kokuto.JPG

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33692999 - 5 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I'm assuming that the eye socket is seared shut, or is anything under the eyelid visible?  Feel free to send me a screenshot via PM, if you can.

• revanninja

#33693007 - 5 months ago

Repost from Vol 5 thread.

So I just had a thought.

Log Horizon has a character who in a VERY rough way is able to do what Jaune can. Shiroe is a caster class known as enchanter. They are Buffs and debuffer class lethal in a party not so much solo. Well they have a spell that drains Mp from the party then evenly divides back to the party useful to give Bards or Mage class MP when needed. 

Well in the series Shiroe uses it to revive someone. A character named Rudy dies but unlike adventurers who respawn Rudy is an NPC so he doesnt do that. MP is said to link the Mind to the Body Shiroe uses that lore to revive Rudy's mind while animating his body as a zombie to have him sign a contract which turns Rudy into an Play character literally breaking the world's laws.

Now why is this important? Well Jaune is able to boost Aura by giving his own its possible he can take Aura from others though currently unknown. Aura is said to be the soul. So if a Grimm Pyrrha is a thing Jaune could pour Aura into her to revive her soul much like how Shiroe did the same with Rudy.

So there is new and interesting ways to go about revival now.

• revanninja

#33693011 - 5 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Eye is closed the searing seems to have melted off the ear as I cant see it knotted tissue is all over the area. Pale off color skin shades darker then Cinders.

At 12:47 timestamp you can see it fully when you get a chance to watch it. 

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33693015 - 5 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Hmmm.  Then technically we still haven't seen under the mask.  Sure, it's likely that we just have a really ruined face and eye, but wouldn't it be something if the scarring itself is another mask?  Long-shot, I know.

• revanninja

#33693019 - 5 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Possible but unlikely Cinder's normal eye was WIDE open and her burned eye was closed so it looks like its sealed.

That said its possible because who knows what is and isnt possible with RWBY.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33693023 - 5 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I was more referring to the fact that we do not see the eye because of the scarring.

• revanninja

#33693025 - 5 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

I know but the issue I have seen damaged eyes and missing eyes back when I worked for a retirement center. And that looks seared closed to me based on that.

But RWBY is anime so things can be changed.

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33693032 - 5 months ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to WrightKnight
    Not an accurate example but it gets the idea across
    Kokuto.JPG

Wow, Cinder got a lot more damaged then I thought. I was expecting a thicker version of Weiss' scar or an X like Scar's scar from Fullmetal Alchemist.  I really want to see exactly how Ruby did that. Please RT?

Wait, I can just paste a picture? I could do that this entire time? ARGH I'M AN IDIOT! 

Edit: Or maybe not. It pasted a pic of Scar but now it's gone. WTF?

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33693038 - 5 months ago

Okay, trying again. If this doesn't work, can someone tell me how to do this?

Edit: FFFFFFFFFFFFF- How?! Someone explain please...

• revanninja

#33693046 - 5 months ago

In reply to EmeraldKiwi94

So the way you do it is you find the picture you want.

Then open the picture in a new tab

Then copy the address of the image and then come over here and paste it

Scar_Manga_01.png

With Wiki's it shrinks them down and adds a lot of the address as just text you need to remove.

Doesnt always work and I am not sure why.

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33693051 - 5 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Okay, let me try that.

Edit: Deleted... whatever that was.

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33693053 - 5 months ago

In reply to revanninja

One more try.

Edit: Nope. What am I doing wrong?