Forums > RWBY

Pyrrha Nikos general discussion

Posts (36948)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33704753 - 6 months ago

In reply to emilyblack

Actually that isnt fully true.

While fight scenes are more complicated a conversation especially ones focused on the face are NOT easier to animate.

V5_08_00023.png

We humans are VERY good at reading faces eyes and body language.

So having the complex interactions come across well and not wooden

mass-effect-andromeda-facial-animation-l

Is not as easy as people think it is.

It actually takes a lot of work.

Detail shots like close in are ALWAYS more difficult to make it come across well. More distant like in the case of fighting are easier because you dont need the details to be perfect because the audience wont see them as well.

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33704757 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Alright fine, I was wrong on that. I actually didn't realize it was just as hard.

Still though, the way they approached the conflicts was rather questionable at best, I will maintain that part of my argument 

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33704758 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja That description kinda sounds like chakra from naruto if you ask me.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33704759 - 6 months ago

In reply to emilyblack

Yeah it can be hard here is a simple example

AligningEyeline.jpg

Just the direction the eyes are looking can change an expression and up close you will see it.

Head tilts expressions and so on are really hard to animate well and the fact RWBY does it so well says they put a LOT of time and effort into them which helps sell the characters.

V5_08_00039.png

Now as for the fights and cut aways that is more then fair. Notice my issue was not the question on fights only that conversations were easier they are not they dont have as much complication to them as Fights do but in exchange they have LOTS of details to them.

• revanninja

#33704761 - 6 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

Naruto's you can make bigger in fact that is the point of many early missions to stretch the chakara and make it get bigger.

Also unlike Chakara which is just the energy source and learning how to do Jutsus is just a matter of practice and being able to use the element Aura doesnt have any of that.

Anyone can use any Dust but everyone has ONE Semblances and while they learn how to use it in new ways its still the same ability just applied in fun ways.

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33704763 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I definitely see what your saying now. Thank you for explaining it for me.

And thank you for seeing what im saying. Really it just bothers me that they took such a lackluster approach to combat this season. Like I can't even be angry anymore Im just flat out disappointed in them. 

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33704771 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja I want to believe that them not confirming her status means there's a chance that she'll be back.

• revanninja

#33704780 - 6 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Right now anything is possible.

In reply to emilyblack

No problem a lot of people dont realize how hard animating a conversation really is because it does seem so simple.

I think the reason why is they bite off more then they can chew with the Raven vs Cinder fight. It shouldnt have happened but at least they know that it shouldnt and are clearly trying to fix the issue for the future.

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33704785 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Let's just hope that they really do fix some stuff. No disrespect personally to them, but after the clusterf*ck that Volume 4 was and all the complaints about the fights they should have brought the Death Battle gang in for Volume 5. Waiting till 6 was the wrong move to make.

That's why I question how aware they really are about some stuff. Like they say they see it, but then Volume 5 was mostly the same issues wise

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33704786 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to HunterBlaine

That's right. One thing is to say "I don't like this, and here's why", and another very different is yelling "OMG you're such morons you ruin everything!", without making any observation or suggestion. Sadly, this second one is much more common.

In reply to HunterBlaine

While I do agree the fight scenes were not as good as I feel they could've been, I doubt it is due to laziness. Making a show like this one requires a balance between a lot of things. They cannot focus on one single aspect of it, no matter how much we want them to.

• revanninja

#33704791 - 6 months ago

In reply to emilyblack

That assumes they could bring in for Vol 5 they may not have been able to.

Keep in mind Death Battle is screwattack not Roosterteeth and that can and will effect just how easy it is to merge teams like that.

So its entirely possible Death Battle coming in full time wasnt possible till now.

Vol 5 and Vol 4 had different issues.

Vol 4 had too many storylines which Vol 5 closed out all of them and streamlined them back into one plot line. The Fights in 4 were because they were splitting focus too much.

Vol 5 issue was the opposite too much focus on one fight.

So its not the same issue and its a real case of them finding that balance.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33704796 - 6 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

The problem with Volume 5 was the constan cutaways and off screen action. That made it seem like they were trying to get out of actually animating the fights by just saying 'oh most of that happened already' or something

So it gives fuel to the people who cry that its laziness 

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33704853 - 6 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

It certainly made the final fight scene confusing and anticlimactic, plus highlighting how absolutely cheap the Weiss fakeout death was. 

In reply to emilyblack

Is that why the fight scenes sucked so much this volume?

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33704855 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja Speaking of vs Cinder fights, I couldn't tell if Jaune's face had any signs of anger and hate when he fought Cinder. Were there? 

• revanninja

#33704858 - 6 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Nick if you cant tell I am not giving you fodder for your hate fics.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33704866 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja Okay. It was just out curiosity.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33704876 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja

WHY!? WHY MUST YOU SHARE THAT WRETCHED ANDROMEDA IMAGE  scream

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33704906 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja

The fact that ANY question that mentioned Pyrrha, even if she wasn't even the focus of it, was not answered, is a MAJOR red flag.

• revanninja

#33704909 - 6 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Ah figured that was what it was but I have been fielding questions on the AMA for a bit so I was like Brain be broke.

Yeah I dont think a single Pyrrha related was answered and some of those were good questions like does Aura have a sliding cost scale. 

Some of those would be after the AMA was over but not all and some if I recall were right next to a question that got answered.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33704910 - 6 months ago

In reply to revanninja

1. Much of the action in RWBY will now be done by Kim Newman, and she's really good, all the really good action done in Vol 4 and 5 was done by her.

2. Its interesting but yeah in my experience people in 3d can be really good in specific things, like some modelers are good at making weapons while others are really good at characters. Same goes for animations, some can be really good with Action scenes while they may have not been as good with quieter moments or when less stuff was happening, Monty was actually like this apparently.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33705032 - 6 months ago

In reply to JROY I don't think that I've heard of her.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33705270 - 6 months ago

rwby___valentine_s_day_2017_arkos_fan_po

• AAGGRESSS

AAGGRESSS

#33705303 - 6 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Thanks dood.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33705351 - 6 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01 Kinda wish you could use a more heartwarming picture instead of one that gives devastating memories. Just saying.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33705358 - 6 months ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

Really?

Taking a second look, I guess that kiss scene was right before the end.