Forums > RWBY

If Pyrrha stays dead.....Should Jaune die as well?

Posts (167)

• Jester000

Jester000

#33138167 - 1 year ago

Look I just get this right out of the way. Yes I know Pyrrha's voice actress pretty much confirmed she's dead and that will be how things are until something else happens. That's not what's up for debate at this point.

The point however is this. Jaune and Pyrrha had a deep connection and it's fairly obvious by the end Jaune seemed to return her feelings, thus her death will hurt him in ways we can only imagine. Thus he will be hell bent on getting back at Cinder for all the pain she caused and everything else.

However, Jaune is based on Joan of Arc, who was if I remember correctly, burned at the stake. Given how Pyrrha was killed or defeated whatever you wanna call it, in a manner reflect of how Achilles died, well given how Cinder uses fire and everything whose to say Jaune won't meet a similar end.

More so would that be a bad thing, let's be honest, no one would accept another pairing for Jaune, it just wouldn't feel right after everything that's happened. Thus that leaves two options Jaune stays alone for the rest of his life and moves one, which seems unlikely. Or Jaune dies in the end, possibly taking Cinder with him, and is reunited with Pyrrha in the afterlife.

Not crazy about this but it does seem possible, what do you guys think?

• Ikagawa

Ikagawa FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33138182 - 1 year ago

In reply to Jester000

Jaune did die. Pyrrha's death is the fire that consumed his old, bumbling self. It is the furnace in which he will be reforged and made in to a weapon that will cut through the hordes to ensure no one else he loves falls.

PS: Jaune x Nora. It's going to happen ;)

• unsold_hearts

unsold_hearts

#33138187 - 1 year ago

I think it's bittersweet but I believe Pyrrha would want Jaune to live on and have a happy life even if it's not with her.

This could make some people mad but I can see him together with Weiss someday in the distant future after everything is said and done. Jaune will always look back on his memories of Pyrrha fondly when he can finally move on; she'll always have a place in his heart that no one can replace.

If you really are gone...rest in peace Pyrrha. =(

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33138196 - 1 year ago

YUUUUUUPPPPPP!

• Jester000

Jester000

#33138200 - 1 year ago

In reply to unsold_hearts

I don't know, that would just seem kind of hollow, hooking up with the girl he had a pretty superfluous crush on, in order to fill the hole in his heart where Pyrrha was. That seems like it would be done more out of pity than anything else.

• Ikagawa

Ikagawa FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33138217 - 1 year ago

In reply to Jester000

If it happened right now you would be right. But in the future after they've been through so much and really, truly grown up together? I could easily see it happening.

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33138220 - 1 year ago

Just get ride of JNPR all together...hell I can't even go back and re-watch the other season....

• Ikagawa

#33138244 - 1 year ago

In reply to kaimonster

I'm going to have Nora boop you with her hammer!

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33138891 - 1 year ago

Well, it's obvious Jaune is in pain over Pyrrha dying, but he's not letting it stop him from helping Ruby. He has a very strong spirit. It will take time, but I'm sure Jaune will get through this. Pyrrha would want him to move on and be happy. There are two ways Jaune can find someone else. Either Jaune becomes Rubys love interest or a new character is introduced. (Personally, I'd prefer Ruby x Jaune, but that's my opinion)

Just because Joan of Arc had a tragic death, doesn't mean Jaune will meet the same fate. I mean, none of the characters have had any events that follow their base. Except for Pyrrha, but Monty planned for Pyrrha to die from day one. Killing of all the members of JNPR is just crazy, stupid and wrong. Plus, what would be the point? What good would it do them to kill all of team JNPR? They have too many fans. Also, Jaune hasn't had much impact on the story, yet. He is by far the weakest character in RWBY. Why not kill him off instead of one of the strongest?

Another thing, Jaune has too many mysteries. So many questions about him and no answers. I think Jaune has a much more important role in the show than most of us think.

• Jester000

Jester000

#33138897 - 1 year ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Uh actually some of the characters have followed their bases so to speak or at the vest least hints of it.

Plus why baed Jaune on Joan of arc unless there was gonna be some connection and so far the name is the only similarity. Just saying its something to consider.

• redasrain

redasrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33139019 - 1 year ago

In reply to Ikagawa

Psh, the way to Nora's heart is through her stomach, and nothing beats Ren's pancakes.

• ItsaNinja

ItsaNinja

#33139037 - 1 year ago

I could see him go both ways for living or dying. More on the side of living though, since i see him as becoming some sort of Ozpin like figure for the next generation of huntsmen. If he does die though, i hope it's at least taking down an cinder or another enemy, and reunite with Pyrrha in the afterlife like you said. Incredibly bittersweet. If he's gonna die, at least give the guy a moment to die in style and glory unlike Pyrrha.

• Swift3pidemic

Swift3pidemic FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33139700 - 1 year ago

In reply to ItsaNinja

Totally agree with all of this

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33140141 - 1 year ago

I think Jaune may be more powerful and more important to the story that we all believe. When a fan asked if they were ever going to focus more about Jaunes Aura amount, he said" we wouldn't have put it in there if it wasn't important"

• Drake_The_Gunman

Drake_The_Gunman FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33142110 - 1 year ago

Here's a little thought I had bouncing around my head meat for a while. The stories that three of the four members of team JNPR (Pyrrha, Jaune, Nora) are based on, have the main character die. What if all of team JNPR is destined to die? (maybe not Ren, but I'm not liking Nora and Jaune's chances.)

• Jester000

Jester000

#33142355 - 1 year ago

In reply to Drake_The_Gunman

Could be, then again Nora's based on a god, so well whose to say. Honestly hard to think about, though frankly I want Pyrrha to come back and to all those saying that this would ruin the story or make death have no consequences. That only applies to DBZ where reviving a person was basically as difficult as buying an international flight.

If bringing someone back requires crazy amounts of effort and isn't something that anyone can do or do frequently then it can work.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33142547 - 1 year ago

Just because their character base had a bad ending, does not mean they will. One character dying in a similar way as her base, doesn't mean anything

• Jianju

Jianju FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold 愛の戦士

#33205579 - 1 year ago

What you say makes perfect sense to me. Of course, you never can tell what RT is going to do, kinda reminds me of Battlestar Galactica that way.

• Cryomancer42

Cryomancer42 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold An Egotistical Scumbag

#33205777 - 1 year ago

Well I'm not sure what the original Mulan story is but Thor died with all the other gods during Ragnorok and I think that Joan of Arc was executed after the war took place so I have no idea how Ren would die if he does but Nora would probably go down in a climactic final battle and Jaune would most likely get killed off very suddenly during the aftermath, even though personally I'd much rather have Ruby make some kind of heroic sacrifice and JNR carry on her memory

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33206134 - 1 year ago

I swear, if Jaune dies I will quit RWBY all together

• Kethus

Kethus

#33207959 - 1 year ago

Pyrrha's entire reason for existence seemed to be to develop Jaune's character, there is no way he is going to die.

• ewenbell

ewenbell what does dc mean

#33257171 - 1 year ago

jnr are not going to die, that would be to easy to guess and make it not as well heartbreaking. And no juane should not die what needs to happen is him to have a arc where he moves on.

• Jianju

Jianju FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold 愛の戦士

#33257207 - 1 year ago

In reply to ewenbell

Yeah, that should be easy. One less teammate to worry about anyway. Team JNR: short, sweet, rolls off the tongue, the ladies love it. It's pronounced "Jenner." As in Caitlyn Jenner, 'cause they're like olympians. -.^

• Gearboxhero

Gearboxhero

#33257250 - 1 year ago

In reply to ewenbell

jnr are not going to die, that would be to easy to guess and make it not as well heartbreaking. And no juane should not die what needs to happen is him to have a arc where he moves on.

I can't wait to discuss the thoery I have ath Juane is actaully a Paladin and is linked to Pyrrha on a spiritual level. Granting access to her powers at will.

• xHollowFactorx

xHollowFactorx

#33257265 - 1 year ago

In reply to Jester000 I believe that she isn't dead and that she will be back. Think about it. When she was getting the powers of autumn, you could see something happen in her.. that when she was "incinerated" showed you that she may return or not really be dead. This will help Jaune become the man he was meant to be. I loved the character of Pyrrha and it was sad to see her go. But idk something about the episode said she wasn't really dead.