Forums > RWBY

If Pyrrha stays dead.....Should Jaune die as well?

Posts (167)

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33438463 - 11 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

Which they make up for in sheer numbers and variety.  I started thinking of AoT when CFVY comes back from their mission a week late because there were "so many".  How much is "so many" to a team like CFVY?  Quite frankly, similar mindsets in terms of their fighting culture should be in place as well, especially considering the "one-man army" potential of the Hunters, compared to how few of them there are.  The loss of just ONE is a big blow, so they should be placing personal survival as just as much a priority as their job.  Dead Hunters are useless Hunters.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33438464 - 11 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

In a sense, Hunters are warriors over soldiers. Who tend to be on the losing side of history.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33438467 - 11 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

If anything, they're more like superheroes.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33438470 - 11 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

True, and superheroes fight other heroes, not large numbers of decently trained soldiers.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33438513 - 11 months ago

In reply to SAmaster

Unless they're pitted against a government organization looking to protect against them out of fear or replace them, not wanting to rely on them.  LOOKIN' AT YOU, ATLAS.

Want a REAL good example of what can happen when the superhero becomes the legitimate threat, look no further than the series finale of the Superman Animated Series.  The fallout of that reach FAR into Justice League.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33438519 - 11 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

That's what made me like Superman. Not who he is, but the effect his mere existence has.

• SneakyDex

SneakyDex FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33438910 - 11 months ago

@OP

Well after episode 8 I would say "yes please", but maybe that would be cruel.

Kidding aside, what kind of logic is that?

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33438967 - 11 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

In reply to SAmaster

Unless they're pitted against a government organization looking to protect against them out of fear or replace them, not wanting to rely on them.  LOOKIN' AT YOU, ATLAS.

Want a REAL good example of what can happen when the superhero becomes the legitimate threat, look no further than the series finale of the Superman Animated Series.  The fallout of that reach FAR into Justice League.

That Cadmus arc was the ultimate payoff for all the stories that led up to it.  

• jctdragonwarrior

jctdragonwarrior

#33443930 - 10 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

As a shiper of White Knight i hope your right 

• animalia

animalia FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33445668 - 10 months ago

In reply to FettucCR Given how OP Pyrrha was I saw her death as more of an Obi-Wan moment then a fridge-stuffing. But maybe that is just me.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33445727 - 10 months ago

In reply to animalia

That's the funny thing: Pyrrha is not an archetypal Mentor, since all she's really doing is helping Jaune to catch up with everyone else.  She's not really imparting true wisdom, she's not older than the others, she's not handing anything off to the next generation, and she was a part of the greater narrative.  One of the biggest things that makes the Mentor archetype carry its weight is that, while the character might have had their own story to tell, one that might have had a major hand in setting things up for the current narrative, that role is primarily over, and their role now is to help the main characters drive the narrative.  Obi-Wan is this.  Han Solo is this in The Force Awakens.  Pyrrha Nikos is never this at any point.

Also, Pyrrha isn't actually OP, but the way they delivered the information can certainly lead you to believe that she is.  A decent amount of detective work reveals it for the falsehood that it is, though.  The writers manipulated what you saw of her, including the battles she was in, to lead you towards that conclusion, including the idea that she would have ruined all combat tension against the antagonists moving forward from here.  The thing is, we have several characters that have more practical combat experience than she does, and we have several characters that would not be crippled just by Pyrrha using her Polarity to disarm them.  Yet we NEVER see her fight anyone who had shown such capabilities.  I wonder what would have happened if Pyrrha had fought....oh say, Arslan Altan.  Only weapon she has  is a knife on a rope, and her unarmed fighting matches her with Yang.  Or her own teammate Ren.  We've already seen what he can do when he loses Stormflower, if the King Taijutu kill was anything to go by.

Simply put, they tried to sell you on a ruse.  But I can certainly understand how people could have fallen for it.  Hell, even I fell for it for a while.

• animalia

animalia FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33445755 - 10 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Agree to disagree then?

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33445791 - 10 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

In reply to animalia

She could have been a fully-fledged mentor for Jaune, but they didn't do it. Sadly, she was a love interest and a sparring partner for him, but nothing more

• user-59fa5bbeb0b75

user-59fa5bbeb0b75

#33680514 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I think Jaune may be more powerful and more important to the story that we all believe. When a fan asked if they were ever going to focus more about Jaunes Aura amount, he said" we wouldn't have put it in there if it wasn't important"

How far do u think he'll go in terms of overall fighting potential

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33680861 - 1 week ago

In reply to user-59fa5bbeb0b75

He could become one of the greatest fighters in Remnant. He's like Naruto in a lot of ways

• 09philj

09philj

#33681324 - 1 week ago

I want the little sod to die regardless.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33681440 - 1 week ago

In reply to 09philj

Then you and I have two very different opinions of him. He's my favorite