Forums > RWBY

Questions surrounding Pyrrha's death. Did Pyrrha die in vain?

Posts (67)

• pietjepolo

pietjepolo

#33142672 - 2 years ago

In reply to ziovi

Oh there is not real meaning behind it, its just that there aren't any real awnsers of why Pyrrha died the way she did. And maybe we just cant find a awnser, just because there isn't and we are just watching anime cliche-fest without even knowing it

• TheUnknownVariable

TheUnknownVariable

#33142676 - 2 years ago

In reply to pietjepolo

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

What I want to see is the same great fights, but with significant character development and a touch of realism. i.e characters not doing stupid things (like going off to be killed for reason).

Just to add - I think Yang's a horrible fighter and not as powerful as everyone thinks. She gets all mad and loses focus, finesse and skill, and that's why she lost to Neo, and lost to Adam.

• pietjepolo

pietjepolo

#33142680 - 2 years ago

In reply to TheUnknownVariable

I dont think Yang is really good, its Obvious that her temper gets the better of her. And as i said, there is no real meaning behind it, but how would you explain the wierd story leading up to Pyrrha's death?

• pietjepolo

pietjepolo

#33142684 - 2 years ago

In reply to MEK1724

This could be the awnser for sure, but as so many of us did, we have to fill in so many blanks that we cant even be sure this is what RT was trying to tell us. Lets just hope we got some awnsers from the Afterbuzz, and otherwise we have to wait until volume 4.... even though i dont like waiting that long :P

• pietjepolo

pietjepolo

#33142700 - 2 years ago

In reply to MEK1724

Oh yea, its more satisfying for sure, but as many have said before, it all seems so out of character, it doesn't feel like the Pyrrha we know. And i really think RT will continue Pyrrha's story through fake death/resurrection, even though it is not what i would like to see, as i've said many times before. But whatever RT decides, as long as its well written i'll accept it.

• pietjepolo

pietjepolo

#33142718 - 2 years ago

In reply to MEK1724

even so, Do you really think/feel that it was Pyrrha's time to go? that she had a fulfilling life. Ofcourse, the community has been trying to make as good of a story out of it that can be. But that is still our interpretation of it, and we have no idea what RT tries to tell us. Even with all the theories that justify her end, it still feels so rushed and out of place to me, and i think many other people are struggling with this aswell.

• pietjepolo

pietjepolo

#33142741 - 2 years ago

In reply to MEK1724

I've got no problem with having to give your own interpretation to a story, I think its pretty important. But I think we are just having to fill in to many blanks, and interpretations start to get really diverse. Just look at the whole fight that was going on at the Pyrrha petition thread. Just because opinions went on the loose

• pietjepolo

pietjepolo

#33142746 - 2 years ago

In reply to MEK1724

I think that the whole reason she started the fight is the big blank, but that has been talked about enough. Just look at the video of Aerdoth. he seems to be struggling with it aswell.

• hursta1

hursta1 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33143069 - 2 years ago

This is exactly what I thought the last time I watched it. She had no reason to go to the top of the tower and fight Cinder alone. It was completely without meaning. But that how war works. People die usually in horrible ways and without any deeper meaning.

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33303294 - 1 year ago

I address all this topic very thoroughly in the first half of my video, Should Pyrrha Stay Dead?

Basically, she didn't have a stated reason other than that 'there was no time' and "the tower cannot fall."  Which are frankly, not good enough reasons to go die when you could have just as justifiably gotten Qrow, Glynda, and Ironwood like you were asked to...  That there could have been other unstated reasons are possible, but nothing is certain on that.  It's possible it was all railroading to unlock silver eyes and further Jaune's character development.  All crappy reasons for Pyrrha to die.  At this point, it doesn't make any real sense to me, but if Volume 4 has a plot twist is store, it could make sense then.

• pietjepolo

pietjepolo

#33303670 - 1 year ago

In reply to Marisa_K

yup, I can agree to that 

• GrimFanDjango

GrimFanDjango

#33710630 - 3 months ago

In reply to Rakanadyo

First, I know how old this thread is. I don't care. I just watched V3 tonight, and came looking for how others responded to her death. I don't know about Achilles, but I do know that the manner of her dying, to stall the enemy for the sake of others, smacks an awful lot of the battle of Thermopylae. 

Also, the reason her death had the impact it did is because she was treated by the writers, up until the foreshadowing that began in V3, as a Mary Sue. The story built up the relationship between her and John (sorry, Jaune, whatever... lol) to lead to the expectation that it would go somewhere, only so the writers could dash those hopes and make her death feel all the more tragic. It's manipulative tripe, and I resent the writers for it. Everything else about V3, however, was pretty good so I'll consider giving V4 a chance. I will not, however, forgive the writers for playing the fans' emotions in that way. 

• GrimFanDjango

GrimFanDjango

#33710683 - 3 months ago

You can be a clever writer or a great writer, but you cannot really and truly be both at once. Something inherent in the effort to be clever negates those things that make one's writing truly great and worthy of the ages.

• Burning_Zero

Burning_Zero FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gunpla is Freedom!

#33710705 - 3 months ago

Has anyone thought of a Mirrior verse? Where RWBY and JNR went into a rift into a remnant mirror universe as every ones roles are switched.

Synopsis for the Mirrior universe:

3000 or  more years ago Ozpin was victorious against Salem and held her as a prisioner. Till the present day Ozpin is now an Emperor of Remnant and ruling millions, he rules his empire with an Iron fist while having the Maidens as Lieutenants guarding the Relics. The Grimm were extinct over 500 years ago which gave humanity more growth and expansion, there is a terrible cost for this. The people living under the Emperor was harsh and very limited autonomy of how they run their lives, most of the citizens are living under poverty while the wealthy prospered. Ozpin lives in the sky with an airship which has inexhaustible energy making an assassin attempt almost impossible.

Not all hope is lost, the imprisoned Salem telepathically reaches out to the special huntsman who sought to overthrow the power hungry emperor. And it's not team RWBY as they are murderers as any huntsman, the Resistance was led by Cinder and her followers. Their goal was to liberate and reach out to people who wanted to break away from the cruel and abusive regime from the Emperor.

To cut this down quickly so it does not drag for too log, prime universe RWBY and JNR aid the resistance even though it was difficult to infiltrate into Beacon Academy to disable the Emperor's airship to allow the rest of the resistance to reach him. The prime universe fought their murderous counterparts.

Prime Ruby defeats Mirror Ruby with her SEW by temporary blinding her (Mirror Ruby didn't suffer ptsd like her counter-part).

Prime Weiss defeats Mirror Weiss with summoning the knight and smashing summoned people mirror Weiss slain.

Prime Blake almost gets defeated by the Mirror Blake (Mirror Blake wants her counterparts head as a trophy, she does have Tyrion, Illia and Adam) as prime Blake made feints to outwit her counterpart.

Prime Yang defeats the over confident and brutal Mirror Yang (Mirror yang uses the agonizer to harm herself so she can use her semblance sooner), mirror yang was just like yang from vol 1-3 and lost her cool when she got punched in the face from prime yangs prosthetic arm.

In the mirror verse they stated that Jaune was murdered by Pyrrah because he was not fit to be team leader. Ren and Nora fight their counter parts as usual and left prime Jaune fighting mirror pyrrah, jaune knocks her out as he was lucky to not have been killed. The Emperor get's defeated by the resistance and the prime verse heroes and freed Mirror Salem, she opens a rift for the prime verse to return home. The resistance and Salem has to reverse the damage caused by the Emperor.

Another way i thought she can come back is the Mirror verse arc as Prime Jaune brings Mirror Pyrrah to their universe.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33710858 - 3 months ago

I'm gonna offer up a resounding "Yes, Pyrrha effectively died in vain".

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33710878 - 3 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

In reply to Burning_Zero

In reply to GrimFanDjango

Ya know, if there had actually been ANY REAL REASON for her to stay there and fight Cinder, I would've been ok with it.  But there wasn't.  THERE WASN'T!!!!  And the fact that she was my all-time favorite character really pours all the salt of the pacific ocean in that wound.  It will never heal.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33711511 - 3 months ago

In reply to Jianju

And it's not from the in-series perspective, either.  There is absolutely no reason why this death was "necessary", as many fans defended it as.  We have cut down every single "this death was necessary" claim.  It was a shock aesthetic, nothing more, and one that actually invalidated Pyrrha as a character.  I keep talking about my DBZ/RWBY piece on my profile.  Check out the other one there for why Ruby's Silver Eyes (which they were VERY "lucky" to have) rendered anything about Pyrrha utterly worthless.