Forums > RWBY

I don't think Cinder's dead.

Posts (28)

• RonaldoMarti

RonaldoMarti Dangerman1973

#33153309 - 1 year ago

She's your average "not to get rid off" type of villainess.

• Ikagawa

Ikagawa FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33153415 - 1 year ago

No one thinks Cinder is dead.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33154003 - 1 year ago

Cinder better not be dead yet. Bitch needs her shit wrecked proper.

• Drake_The_Gunman

Drake_The_Gunman FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33154960 - 1 year ago

My bet is that she either fucked off after Ruby unleashed her magical girl powers, or she's stuck up in that tower with Kevin. It'd be pretty funny if she was frozen in that outraged pose we saw.

• Zerukin

Zerukin FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33167395 - 1 year ago

I doubt she's dead, and I'm sure that should she and Ruby cross paths again....

She's gonna have a bad time!....

Undertale memes aside, I hope she's alive so that we can get a legit battle between her and Ruby.

• Saria88

Saria88 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33170663 - 1 year ago

In reply to Drake_The_Gunman

K2QyWnj.jpg
    I made this taking frozen a bit literally, after the finale ended.

• Rowanism

Rowanism

#33170804 - 1 year ago

In reply to Ikagawa

I think it would be hilarious. To get all this power just to instantly die after she gets it.

• Drake_The_Gunman

Drake_The_Gunman FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33170968 - 1 year ago

In reply to Saria88

That's just perfect.

• AwkwardSquirtle

AwkwardSquirtle

#33171415 - 1 year ago

Can't see her being dead. I thought the silver eye thing only affected the Grim?

• Ikagawa

Ikagawa FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33171419 - 1 year ago

In reply to AwkwardSquirtle

We wouldn't know. The only fact we have is that the dragon was frozen in place afterwards

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33171455 - 1 year ago

In reply to Ikagawa

Now THAT'S the mystery. If the Silver Eyes only affect Grimm, and we find out later that Cinder was indeed affected by it.....well, what might that imply about Cinder?

• AwkwardSquirtle

AwkwardSquirtle

#33171553 - 1 year ago

In reply to Ikagawa

That's true, I'm only going off Qrow's description which only referred to fighting Grimm.

• ShadowDragon93

ShadowDragon93

#33181558 - 1 year ago

Qrow only stated the Dragon being frozen ontop of Beacon Tower. He did not say anything about Cinder. And I think he might've noticed a frozen woman next to a dragon.

She got away, maybe the power just paralyzed her for a bit, but surely not long enough for Qrow to enter the scene. The Silver Eyes power was nothing but an uncontrolled outburst, directed against everything and nothing at the same time. Maybe, when Ruby learns to control it, she'll become able to get rid of Cinder with it, but not quite yet.

• RedST

RedST

#33181645 - 1 year ago

Definitely not dead. If what Ruby did only managed to freeze the dragon rather than kill it, then Cinder is not dead. The final blow against her should be saved for Jaune's sword, after all.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33181649 - 1 year ago

In reply to RedST

Even then, supposedly this power only works on Grimm. If Cinder was affected at all.....well, what does that imply about Cinder?

• RedST

RedST

#33181661 - 1 year ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Perhaps Cinder IS a Grimm, or at least a person with a Grimm living inside her judging by that Insect Grimm thing that popped out of her hand during Episode 7 of volume 3. That could certainly be a thing.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33181663 - 1 year ago

In reply to RedST

That came from a glove which was destroyed when Qrow got in the way its not a normal part of her.

But it is possible Cinder has part of a grimm in her too early to say yes or no.

Also we have only the legend that says Silver eyes effects grimm that doesnt mean it doesnt also effect humans and Faunus equally.

• gattaca1997

gattaca1997 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33182148 - 1 year ago

It has been a while, but i doubt that cinder is dead at the end, RNJR were heading to Mistral to track Cinder and friends, because Cinder mentioned she hailed from there and posed as a Haven academy student

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33182162 - 1 year ago

Honestly, out of all the deaths in end of V3, I hate all of them. And I'd like to see all undone. But if it turns out Cinder was killed at the end of V3, I'd be okay with it. If it turns out that she really was killed there, I would point out it was sloppy writing for being ambiguous, but I didn't find Cinder that engaging a character. She was an effective villain, who was intimidating and mysterious, but I didn't really enjoy her screen time like I did with Penny, Pyrrha and Torchwick, and I don't feel the series would lose anything by taking her out of the picture like it did for those other three.

• ChazzaWard

ChazzaWard FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Theoretical Skeptic

#33182895 - 1 year ago

In reply to SAmaster

at this point tho cinder is now not a simple threat to look out for, but one so dangerous to necessitate pursuing to reduce her time to cause chaos. she may have been unimportant in terms of screen time to you but now for her to be killed off screen like so would be uninspiring and not allow for any progression of her character. she doesnt have to play covert anymore and I dont think the fall maiden is the only one she was after, she likely has a big part still in this story

• Burning_Zero

Burning_Zero FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gunpla is Freedom!

#33183445 - 1 year ago

There's still a lot of unknowns out there, who knows if there would be other villains beside Cinder or the white fang.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33183565 - 1 year ago

In reply to ChazzaWard

True, it would be a waste to take her out at this juncture, but I think the same argument can be made to the other three. Not to say it's a good argument, because like I said, I feel the same can be made for the other three, and I don't want any of them to stay dead.

I guess what I was saying that Cinder just never really engaged me other than some mild intrigue when she first appeared.

• ChazzaWard

ChazzaWard FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Theoretical Skeptic

#33183617 - 1 year ago

In reply to SAmaster

currently though penny is perfectly capable of being brought back, whereas Torchwick was out of the show most of the season anyway. he outlived his expectation anyway and led to a funny moment in the second half of the series

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33183654 - 1 year ago

In reply to ChazzaWard

I think Penny may be one of the few instances where a character not coming back from the dead would be more BS. Torchwick I was much more invested in than Cinder, and he was much more entertaining, and he got the briefist hints of more to explore with his character before he was axed. Now I agree with the showing seemingly moving locales he should be out of the picture for a while, but no need to kill him. Of course I also think it's entirely possible to show he survived being eaten.

• ChazzaWard

#33183662 - 1 year ago

In reply to SAmaster

can you explain the whole thing about penny returning being BS? and I think you are pushing it to say that he is alive, it was a character who we got no backstory to and was meant to die in the first season. do you really think he is alive?