Forums > RWBY

The Moon Theories

Posts (18)

• pwner5012

pwner5012

#33234209 - 1 year ago

The Moon in Remnant is shattered. Does anyone have any ideas as to what broke the moon? The first thing I thought of was WMD, but since I don't think Remnant has had nukes long enough for people to forget the moon getting blown up, it has to be something else.

• Freelancer_Agent_Washington

Freelancer_Agent_Washington

#33235796 - 1 year ago

I have a theory that long ago an asteroid hit the moon and said asteroid contained dust and that's where dust came from. Layers of ground built up and that's why you mine dust and not collect it. Though, that theory has tons of holes like the fact that by the time RWBY takes place, it would have reformed. Maybe Salem has been harvesting the moon for power?

• Giriso

Giriso

#33236603 - 1 year ago

The first creature of grimm was the moon presence from Bloodborne

#33237874 - 1 year ago

I was listening to the song Die from Volume 2's soundtrack and I noticed these lines "enemies arise and the hate is flowing
    shattering the moon and bloodying the sky" I'm guessing that the moon was shattered during the Great War, due to this. Maybe missile went off course and blew up part of the moon or the negativity awakened a massive grimm that destroyed part of the moon to escape. What those lines do confirm is that the moon was shattered due to hate.

• pwner5012

pwner5012

#33238071 - 1 year ago

In reply to A_Dusty_Old_Qrow

We do have a precedent for Grimm being trapped in a rock before. The dragon at the end of volume 3 got stuck in a rock somehow.

• pwner5012

pwner5012

#33239367 - 1 year ago

In reply to Afr0

What about a really powerful laser like the one Penny could make? That way you wouldn't need a delivery device such as a rocket. Or a plasma beam. Whichever one Remnant can make.

#33239449 - 1 year ago

In reply to Afr0

Yes I know that dust can't travel to space, but with enough momentum a missile could probably make it up there since it would probably weigh less than a satellite. Or we can with the laser theory.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33241577 - 1 year ago

In reply to Afr0

Like a gamma blaster? Sometimes, when a supernova occurs or when black holes temporarily destabilize, they release huge jets of gamma rays, which can really do some damage to planets and moons.

• -Derek-

-Derek-

#33241953 - 1 year ago

I'm bettting ancient war between whatever people the wizard, Ozpin and Salem are.

• JesseBilling

JesseBilling

#33241984 - 1 year ago

Koro-Sensei did it

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33242039 - 1 year ago

Given its an anime, it's going to turn out to be something, but for now I think it just formed naturally in the past, probably by collision during the planets formation.

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33242070 - 1 year ago

That's no moon... It's a space station

#33242418 - 1 year ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life

That reference killed me

• -Derek-

-Derek-

#33243144 - 1 year ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life

*tries to find rep button*

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33243170 - 1 year ago

DAMN IT, LUKE! STOP BLOWING UP MOON-BASE-THINGIES!

... they're hella expensive, bro!

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33243192 - 1 year ago

glad i got that obligatory reference done with

#33243903 - 1 year ago

In reply to Afr0

The moon is actually the Deathstar II, it just has an outer casing as camouflage.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33248647 - 1 year ago

It has to do with silver eyes. I'd bet on that. Maybe silver-eyed people get their power from the Moon, and a very powerful silver-eyed warrior had so much power, it shattered the Moon. I sounds cool, so why not?