Forums > RWBY

RWBY ships

Posts (8891)

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33665720 - 1 week ago

I still say Weiss and Jaune will be together end the end

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33665729 - 1 week ago

In reply to IShipYouNot

In all honesty I don't think they'd make Weiss either a lesbian or bisexual. Yang and Blake are already our token queer couple but both girls will likely be bisexual but not outright gay because of homophobia. 

Can't have a main female character exist without being sexual attracted to men! So what if they're in a relationship with each other? They still like MEN as much as woman. So things don't get too queer we'll likely have Weiss and Ruby end up with guys to offset the queer of Blake and Yang. If you're asking if I'm disgusted by this I am.

I'm asexual myself, but I did go through a "bi-curious phase." I think everyone does have a phase of sexual experimentation before coming to grips with who or what they're really attracted to. So at one point when I was dating a friend of mine who later decided she was gay, a male co-worker of mine actually said that he thought I could end up with a man because I would want BIOLOGICAL CHILDREN one day. 

Yes, what he said was sexist but he was also a pretty big player Casanova wannabe-man so I think his asking the question was he couldn't conceive of a reason why a woman who was attracted to men would choose a woman over a man. He HAD to see the opposite gender as a sexual conquest. So no, he wasn't just being sexist he was being homophobic too but I've noticed a tendency of people to be homophobic to men and women differently which I believe to be a form of both sexism and homophobia as our society preaches the heterosexual white man as the height of social, economical, and sexual status as the "Alpha male," automatically the higher specimen, and anything that isn't him falls below the majority of those who hold the power and determine the power and what social constructs a person must be to be worthy, and anyone that isn't it is reduced to an inferior "other." 

One of the things I LIKE about RWBY is it subverts this type of thinking. The titular and proactive heroes are the females, while the males are supportive characters or play supportive roles. Jaune acts more like a big brother looking out for his team as he likely does his sisters thus plays of an emotional Caretaker role that he would in say another series. His Semblance is defensive, and I noticed in the last few decades that's the role female characters tend to play in male dominated action shows where they play the token girl. The "aggressive" role they play is as the "Barrier Maiden." Real trope, look it up. So it allows the girl to take on a more action-oriented role that looks progressive but rather is just a supportive role which women tend to occupy THE MOST OF in Hollywood media, blah. 

This is why I say RT is better than most of Hollywood who "play it safe." Their progression with writing female characters isn't perfect but it's still a hell of a lot better than half the other crap that's out there and they have my mad respect for it. 

Which is why I have more faith in RT making Blake and Yang bisexual and them a couple than say most Hollywood studios would. Of course Yang and Blake being a couple isn't more important that just seeing one of them be queer and date a girl. Who knows, Blake and Yang could both BY bisexual and Blake ends up dating Ilia for awhile and ends up with her at the end of the series as opposed to Yang. Or Blake ends up with Sun and Yang ends up with Ilia. I don't know what's going to happen right now honestly. 

• thesupertwins

thesupertwins

#33665774 - 1 week ago

In reply to tin-foilhat 

I read that last part, I’m down for that to happen 

• IShipYouNot

IShipYouNot FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Too Punny For You

#33665788 - 1 week ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Dude. I literally meant that the idea of Weiss making out with velvet while flipping off the paparazzi was an amusing idea. I don't give two craps about their sexality. If they're bi? Great! If they're straight? Awesome! If they want to have an orgy? Pretty sure that's not pg-13 but whatever. Point is, i don't care. I stopped caring when the bumblebee/blacksun war became the topic of this thread for months.

EDIT: I forgot lesbian. Which, if they are by the way, just run with it. It doesn't change my adoration for the show.

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33665796 - 1 week ago

In reply to IShipYouNot

I honestly just care about representation. People act like me liking B.B. Is because I am a shipper when no, I just latch into them because I think they have the best chance as the representation but if the shipping war causes them to decide BY isn't the FNDM token gay couple than I propose Velvet and Weiss be the token gay couple and flick off the mass majority of Remnant with being unapologetically two hot making out in a struggle for sexual domination with Velvet surrounering to Weiss's dominance because she is someone who loves her and Weiss this beautiful and courageous woman that protects and accepts everything she is, a fragile Faunus which Velvet sees herself as but knows the truth. That Weiss sees her as an equal, two women treated as breakable and weak but beneath the silk steel was the hidden steel of both girls' wills and from each other they draw strength to face the rest of the cruelties society will throw at them but as wife and bride. 

That for Velvet sees her guardian angel/white knight, and for Weiss she sees her mirror image perfectly captured meaning Velvet is HER guardian angel and white knight.

Whoa, if I wrote fanfic I might write this. 

• IShipYouNot

IShipYouNot FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Too Punny For You

#33665813 - 1 week ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Then just write the fanfic. I generally am not comfortable talking to people on this forum anymore.

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33665818 - 1 week ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Eh white rose and nesquick are far cuter.  

• liquidmind

liquidmind FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33665821 - 1 week ago

@Bumbleby4life (It wont let me click reply button or quote)

Nesquik is another name for Crosshares right?

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33665828 - 1 week ago

In reply to liquidmind

Yep 

• thesupertwins

thesupertwins

#33666079 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01 

I’m actually warming up to that ship now. (However I never hated the ship in the first place) 

Gosh I’m such a multishipper lol

I still say Weiss and Jaune will be together end the end

• thesupertwins

thesupertwins

#33666091 - 1 week ago

Random Question: 

Is anyone or do you know anyone that seein V5 Tonight in theaters? I’m not I’m just curious 

• tin-foilhat

#33666099 - 1 week ago

In reply to IShipYouNot

I said if I wrote which I don't. 

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33666247 - 1 week ago

In reply to thesupertwins

Good your keeping an open mind about White Knight. I wanted to go to the theater screening but the closest one to me was 6 hours away

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33666248 - 1 week ago

In reply to thesupertwins

The theater where their showing the primere is 6 hours away

• thesupertwins

thesupertwins

#33666272 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01 

Yeah same here, the closest to me was 5 hours. But lucky to everyone who got to see it early! 

Anyway, I think I’m chill/open minded with shipping. Like I tend to ship a lot of ships without much reason. Which is part of the reason why I kinda don’t care what ships happen in the choice cause there’s like an 9/10 chance that I like it or chill with it lol 

• thesupertwins

thesupertwins

#33666273 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01 

Yeah White Knight is coming to me lol. 

I think it’s cause I read this really long one-shot about them over the summer (cause I like only read one-shots lol)  and it was pretty good. Plus there was drama and I’m a sucker for that in movies/shows lol  laughing

• merilirem

merilirem

#33666300 - 1 week ago

I'm a boring shipper. Most of my ships burned in volume 3 and somehow i ended up shipping Winter Rose which is Winter/Ruby obviously.

Whiterose just has too much Weiss in it. Its just that main couple that would be cool but only becuz its gay. Other than that Whiterose is no different to Lancaster in terms of cliche.

Winter and Ruby however were real cute in that one scene they actually met XD. Winter gave Ruby this look and i took it right off the deepend.

We need more Winter so i can give proper explanation based in more than my own headcanons idea of who she is.

• OFJehuty

OFJehuty FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33666336 - 1 week ago

After seeing the episode in theaters, I am now going to ship Ruby and Oscar, only because. when they first meet; Ruby see attracted to Oscar because Oscar uses Oz's 'you have silver eyes line.' And then Ruby finds out that Oz's spirit is trapped in Oscar. Yes, it would be weird, but also hilarious, to have Oscar and Ruby getting close with Ozpin having to put up with it and saying stuff in Oscar's head. I am thinking RT could do something to what Team Four Star does with Piccolo ( with Kami and Nail in his head) in their DBZA series.

• Bumblebee4life

#33666341 - 1 week ago

im still a white rose loyalist but ill see how the volume goes before i write off rosegarden entirely

• tin-foilhat

#33666419 - 1 week ago

In reply to OFJehuty

In reply to Bumblebee4life

Can I tell you WHY Rose Garden is excellent?

He calls himself Oscar Pine, this very likely means that he's the Woodsman to her Red Riding Hood. We saw him look at an Ax and Sniper Riffle at the Haven Academy poster when on the train. That might be his future weapon. 

Oscar and Ruby have both been called "Brave" by Miles and Kerry together.

Oscar is the new Wizard and Ruby is an analogue to the Spring Maiden. In the fairytale the Spring Maiden did more for the Wizard than any of the other Maidens. 

If he's a gender-bent Ozma as his fairytale inspiration, that means the two are Dorothy/Ozma which has

been a longstanding fan-favorite pairing within Ozmite fan circles. 

I could go on, but I think everyone gets the idea at this point where I'm coming from. The RWBY lore fits the theme of Rose Garden being an important and legit ship within RWBY.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33666540 - 1 week ago

Personally? It'll be a cold day in hell before i ever support Rosegarden myself.

• SAmaster

SAmaster

#33666553 - 1 week ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Your point is that you have shipping goggles glued to your face. 

In reply to Bumblebee4life

My version of that is the same except she doesn't know she's a lesbian yet, and her interest in Neptune was because she thinks she's straight. 

• darth_revan18

darth_revan18 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33666614 - 1 week ago

Personally im happy with Jaune ending up with anyone else except for Weiss never liked her character and I feel it would be a waste of a ship to put Jaune and Weiss together.

• tin-foilhat

#33666676 - 1 week ago

In reply to SAmaster

Um not so much shipping goggles as an unhealthy over analyzing every nuance and ship no one else cares about because I get bored quickly.

In reply to HunterBlaine

Do DO realize Oscar's voice actor worked on FMA and that the main villain was named Dante and they even at the seven sins to mirror the nine levels of hell?

It's more likely than you think.

• lazygrif1234567890

lazygrif1234567890

#33666683 - 1 week ago

I cannot wait to watch the first episode of RWBY volume 5.