Forums > RWBY

RWBY ships

Posts (9631)

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683310 - 6 days ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

In reply to MichaelHalpe

I think it depends if Ghira makes it or not. If he doesn’t and Blake reunites with RWY  I can’t see Yang being so cruel to lash out in pain when her friend is going through the ordeal of losing a parent. Yang has lost two parents, her mother and Summer, and she just found Raven to learn she wants her around but chose to leave because Ruby is the most important thing to her. 

It might be like the Korra Asami and Mako dilemma in LOK 1 where Korra took a step back because Asami had lost her home and family.

And just another sign Korra had cared about Asami’s feelings more than Mako’s from the very beginning. 

Of course this season is killing Blacksun for me. Not because I dislike Sun and Blake. I mean I’ll take B.B. over it but am I the only one finding the primate one’s role... underwhelming this season? It’s like after he made Blake realize her friends had a right to decide whether they fight or not they decided “well that’s done no more plot development and emotional exploration of Monkey King,” he’s been demoted to extra to an even worse extend than Ren and Nora in V1-3. 

And I just realized something about Ghira’s name and it’s not good. His name means “surrounded.”

I’m getting flashbacks to phyrric victory all over again.

Okay, time to go off and write that Taiyang/Sienna fan fiction where Ghira and the White Fang funds Menagerie’s first combat school.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33683311 - 6 days ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

First one, definitely about the arm, so of course it’s taken literally and second, she has abandonment issues so that’s not to surprising that thought of Blake, a close friend, not returning would hurt her so much. This is why one change is that Yang will have some trust issues with Blake, at least for quite awhile.

• lewdadmiral

lewdadmiral FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683315 - 6 days ago

I think their reunion will be icy at first but then Ruby will have to be the leader and bring her team together with Weiss' help.  I still see no shred of romantic feelings from Yang to Blake and more a sisterly bond that was betrayed with Blake leaving for her reasons.  Yet I think in the long run the team will reunite and become stronger just in time to face Cinder.  I think Salem will be further down the road.

• Feywald

Feywald FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683331 - 6 days ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

About the only way i can see a supportive Yang for Blake to meet in Mistral (straight off the bat) is if they find her broken down and tying to recruit the local faunus and learn that either Sun or her parents are dead.

If Yang see's Blake's in a lot of emotional pain i think she will take a step back and those supportive instincts will come forward.

• sssnlove

sssnlove

#33683346 - 6 days ago

I can see Yang and Blake's reunion to be an awkward one.

Blake would probably want to just apologize and tell her team she loves them but i imagine her opening up like how she did with Ghira when she apologized for leaving them and have an awkward start with the apology.  

Ruby and Weiss being happy and then Yang just being straight faced at everything trying to hold her feelings in and doesn't burst until they're alone together...and that's when Yang will probably open up back to Blake and let her know how hurt she was with Blake leaving.

I agree with Leon with Yang having more trust issues but for the most part they'll be good friends again. Yang will just go with whatever Ruby is doing. 

Sun would get so much hate for this but i'd laugh my ass off if he interrupted the BB heartfelt moment like how he did with Ghira and Blake LOL (although i can see Blake noticing her team for the first time and getting nervous and Sun being there to tell her to go for it and actually give her privacy this time lol) 

• whimsical_lone

whimsical_lone FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683354 - 6 days ago

Ozpin X Mug

• lewdadmiral

lewdadmiral FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683373 - 6 days ago

In reply to whimsical_lone

Ozpin×Cane.  You philistine.  He didn't ask for his mug back he asked for his cane back.......lol. 

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33683382 - 6 days ago

Sorry for the huge mass of quotes, but if I had to weigh in on the topic, I think for one, Bumblebee and Eclipse/Blacksun are roughly at a 50/50 of their sail strength. RT has one shot, and I mean one good shot at sailing the Bumblebee ship; which in my eyes, is when Blake & Yang reunite and they eventually haft to talk about everything that's happened. Whether it happens at the moment they see each other or at the moment their alone, if RT ignores Blake & Yang's "much needed talk" for too long, it will just kill the very mojo of Bumblebee and Sun will be next in line for Blake's heart; granted Illia or any other character gets to Blake first.

As for Eclipse/Blacksun, I think RT had a really good chance at sailing the ship; I just think after Blake & Sun's talk during volume four, they needed to be followed up with some more development just to tie them down so BS doesn't stray too far from the docks. BS has less of a chance then BB, but its still pretty prominent.

The way I see it:

Blacksun/Eclipse has had a good start. Their talk in volume four was good; but it needed a follow up chat that never took place until volume five, chapter five, Necessary Sacrifice. Even then, theres nothing really holding together Eclipse besides a bond of good, dedicated friendship. There friendship hasn't evolved much if at all towards the level it takes for a ship to sail. Basically, the ship is built, but there is no water in the sea for it to go anywhere.

Which is why we need Sun's backstory or an event where Blake or Sun almost die; we need something to bring up their true feelings for each other so they can better understand each other. Sun understands Blake and most likely either thinks of Blake with that deep bond of friendship (which is what we see on camera) or secretly likes her for who she is and all shes done. But honestly, theres no bells going off saying anything near a good quality or even functional ship.

BS needs more development together which most likely hast to come from Sun because theres nothing secret or new Blake really has to offer Sun or the viewers.

As for Bumblebee, If Blake and Yang have their talk and reunite, however they do it, if they don't have any form of spark that sets off embers in each other's hearts, I don't see Bumblebee setting sail at all unless something changes or something drastic happens. They are at the perfect set up for setting sail. We are only a few steps away and RT just needs to capitalize on the set up Blake & Yang are in.

Bumblebee has a high chance of success at the moment, but if their moment passes; its basically over until something changes the scales that brings up the need to express deep feelings for one another again. As it stands, Blake & Yang have the most potential out of any character you can pair Blake up with because of the strong initial bonds of friendship and commitment they made when they literally looked each other in the eyes in volume one.

They have dedication, team work, their personalities pair extremely well, and they have a current deep rooted emotional struggle that has yet to be resolved. Bumblebee is completely up in the air right now and eventually there is going to be a fork in the road on how RT wants to take Blake & Yang's relationship towards each other. No matter what, I think Blake & Yang have the strongest relationship in show. We just need that finial ember in their hearts to ignite a blazing fire of either sisterly love or something much, much more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In reply to sssnlove

I can see Yang and Blake's reunion to be an awkward one.

Blake would probably want to just apologize and tell her team she loves them but i imagine her opening up like how she did with Ghira when she apologized for leaving them and have an awkward start with the apology.  

Ruby and Weiss being happy and then Yang just being straight faced at everything trying to hold her feelings in and doesn't burst until they're alone together...and that's when Yang will probably open up back to Blake and let her know how hurt she was with Blake leaving.

I agree with Leon with Yang having more trust issues but for the most part they'll be good friends again. Yang will just go with whatever Ruby is doing. 

Sun would get so much hate for this but i'd laugh my ass off if he interrupted the BB heartfelt moment like how he did with Ghira and Blake LOL (although i can see Blake noticing her team for the first time and getting nervous and Sun being there to tell her to go for it and actually give her privacy this time lol) 

In reply to tin-foilhat

In reply to HunterBlaine
    In reply to MichaelHalpe

I think it depends if Ghira makes it or not. If he doesn’t and Blake reunites with RWY  I can’t see Yang being so cruel to lash out in pain when her friend is going through the ordeal of losing a parent. Yang has lost two parents, her mother and Summer, and she just found Raven to learn she wants her around but chose to leave because Ruby is the most important thing to her. 

It might be like the Korra Asami and Mako dilemma in LOK 1 where Korra took a step back because Asami had lost her home and family.

And just another sign Korra had cared about Asami’s feelings more than Mako’s from the very beginning. 

Of course this season is killing Blacksun for me. Not because I dislike Sun and Blake. I mean I’ll take B.B. over it but am I the only one finding the primate one’s role... underwhelming this season? It’s like after he made Blake realize her friends had a right to decide whether they fight or not they decided “well that’s done no more plot development and emotional exploration of Monkey King,” he’s been demoted to extra to an even worse extend than Ren and Nora in V1-3. 

And I just realized something about Ghira’s name and it’s not good. His name means “surrounded.”

I’m getting flashbacks to phyrric victory all over again.

Okay, time to go off and write that Taiyang/Sienna fan fiction where Ghira and the White Fang funds Menagerie’s first combat school.

In reply to lewdadmiral

Everyone thinking BB is getting fixed and all I see is RT going down the checklist of tv tropes for the main love interest between Sun and Blake. LOL.  Sun is a character that needs no backstory.  His introduction as a wandering stowaway/thief says all that is needed about his character.  He does what he wants.  Blake has been the perfect foil for him as he now has been more focused on a certain mission than he ever was with Neptune.  He is also the perfect foil for Blake as he reinforces Yang's advice to her about not letting her focus and drive get the better of her.  So speculate away.  I predict that by the end of this or the next volume we will all need eclipse glasses.  LOL

In reply to MichaelHalpe

In reply to CloudedSun

It's my main counter argument against BS, pretty much my only one because I don't like invalidating other's arguments so I don't look to unless the counter argument is something that I can't ignore, the thing is with the current running plotlines, there doesn't seem to be a place to develop Sun soon that makes sense, back in vol 1-3 i could see it as a possibility, now though, it would take longer to develop Sun than it looks like it will take for BB to start if it starts, as that can be anticipated as shortly after the reunion, starting with reconciling their feelings about everything

In reply to MichaelHalpe

In reply to CloudedSun

While this is true, it would require extreme levels of development on Sun's part, the kind that should have been at least hinted at in vol 1-3 considering he's a secondary character introduced in vol 1, Ruby has had more development or hints at development largely through other characters admittedly, but still, there are few signs of Sun being much different than the"great stowaway" we met in Vol 1. And virtually no backstory on him.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33683383 - 6 days ago

In reply to TheImmoralCookie

I highly disagree with some of what you’ve said, but given how we interpret things differently, giving my reasons why would probably be kinda pointless. Nice reasoning though I will say for your view on this whole thing, I can to a degree see where you're coming from with your thoughts.

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33683385 - 6 days ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

Feel free to disagree and state your thoughts! I might have missed a key point. I haven't re-watched any of the volumes recently.

*whispers* maybe I should add a disclaimer ;)

• whimsical_lone

whimsical_lone FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683387 - 6 days ago

In reply to lewdadmiral

fair point

• sssnlove

sssnlove

#33683489 - 5 days ago

Don't mind me just placing my BS thoughts here ...

With the way how Sun was introduced i think he was always meant to be by Blake's side; he's usually around whenever the white fang is involved and the white fang is a big part of Blake's character and what shaped her into who she is for both the good and bad. 

In volume one he's the first person Blake opens up to and goes to investigate the white fang with her. 
    He was paired with Blake to investigate the white fang in volume two.
    (not white fang related but they were paired together for the dance too and spent majority of the dance together :3) 
    He goes after Blake because he thought she'd be going after the white fang.
    He's in Menagerie right now supporting Blake with stopping the white fang.
    There's a whole gotdamn song about Sun being there for Blake whenever she runs away or when things get tough

I feel like BS was supposed to be a ship that should've been developed earlier but got pushed back because of plot reasons however they've showed small..small..hints.

Blake hasn't shown any romantic interest in anyone besides Adam or at least acknowledges she had something with him but besides that the only other person she's shown or at least a VERY SMALL little baby interest in was Sun and that'd probably be the blush scene where she looked away trying to fight her growing smile off and blush when he pointed at her....may i also point out not fall in love with you was playing in the background during that scene (; 

Sure Blake and Sun had some rocky times but Blake was going through an understandable hard time, and Sun just wanted nothing more than to help Blake and i don't really see it as him doing this because he likes her (okay maybe that too lmfao) but i think it's just in his nature to go out of his way to help people. They're both learning off of each other which has developed them both a bit...and the longer they spend time away from their teams the closer they're just gonna get. 

I also think people shouldn't sink BS just yet because we don't even know much about Sun and why he acts the way he does, how his life was growing up as a faunus, there was a 'No faunus' sign shown on one of the shops in mistral and makes me wonder how many other places in mistral are like that, why did Sun go to Mistral academy and not Shade academy...i feel like his reasoning could've been similar to Weiss since she could've just gone to Atlas academy but she went to Beacon instead. There's a lot of things that could be said and done with Sun......I feel like the first person Sun is gonna open up to would be Blake if he hasn't already done that with Neptune . 

The only question is. What are they gonna do with Sun when Blake reunites??? Will he go searching for his own team?? or will he stay with Blake and help out Ozpin??? Will he run into SSN at the battle of Haven?? so many possibilities...i'm sure he's gonna be around if it has anything to do with the white fang....but what then....

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33683494 - 5 days ago

In reply to sssnlove

I loved your points and agreed with pretty much everything you pointed out! I'm primarily a BB shipper so I am probably unconsciously biased when I try to compare the two like I did earlier. (Idk if I am, I might not be at all lol) But I loved reading your views as a BS shipper over BB that wasn't outright insane or sketchy!

AKA: I'm a BB shipper, you're a BS shipper, you made sense and I loved it! (Totally not tired or anything XD)

Don't mind me just placing my BS thoughts here ...

With the way how Sun was introduced i think he was always meant to be by Blake's side; he's usually around whenever the white fang is involved and the white fang is a big part of Blake's character and what shaped her into who she is for both the good and bad. 

In volume one he's the first person Blake opens up to and goes to investigate the white fang with her. 
    He was paired with Blake to investigate the white fang in volume two.
    (not white fang related but they were paired together for the dance too and spent majority of the dance together :3) 
    He goes after Blake because he thought she'd be going after the white fang.
    He's in Menagerie right now supporting Blake with stopping the white fang.
    There's a whole gotdamn song about Sun being there for Blake whenever she runs away or when things get tough

I feel like BS was supposed to be a ship that should've been developed earlier but got pushed back because of plot reasons however they've showed small..small..hints.

Blake hasn't shown any romantic interest in anyone besides Adam or at least acknowledges she had something with him but besides that the only other person she's shown or at least a VERY SMALL little baby interest in was Sun and that'd probably be the blush scene where she looked away trying to fight her growing smile off and blush when he pointed at her....may i also point out not fall in love with you was playing in the background during that scene (; 

Sure Blake and Sun had some rocky times but Blake was going through an understandable hard time, and Sun just wanted nothing more than to help Blake and i don't really see it as him doing this because he likes her (okay maybe that too lmfao) but i think it's just in his nature to go out of his way to help people. They're both learning off of each other which has developed them both a bit...and the longer they spend time away from their teams the closer they're just gonna get. 

I also think people shouldn't sink BS just yet because we don't even know much about Sun and why he acts the way he does, how his life was growing up as a faunus, there was a 'No faunus' sign shown on one of the shops in mistral and makes me wonder how many other places in mistral are like that, why did Sun go to Mistral academy and not Shade academy...i feel like his reasoning could've been similar to Weiss since she could've just gone to Atlas academy but she went to Beacon instead. There's a lot of things that could be said and done with Sun......I feel like the first person Sun is gonna open up to would be Blake if he hasn't already done that with Neptune . 

The only question is. What are they gonna do with Sun when Blake reunites??? Will he go searching for his own team?? or will he stay with Blake and help out Ozpin??? Will he run into SSN at the battle of Haven?? so many possibilities...i'm sure he's gonna be around if it has anything to do with the white fang....but what then...

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33683495 - 5 days ago

Off Topic:

But, has anyone else had the problem of trying to change/upload a picture for their profile but can't seem to load any type of image? If that makes sense...

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683514 - 5 days ago

See this is what I love about the RWBY shipping community, at least on this forum, we for the most part acknowledge that we are all biased whether we are consciously aware of it or not, thus we prevent things devolving into flame wars

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33683515 - 5 days ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Which is also why I love this particular forum thread. I almost don't go anywhere else on the forums for RWBY. Crazy...need to branch out a bit XD

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683521 - 5 days ago

In reply to sssnlove

Yang has a song that starts about being there for Blake, seeing as we can't use anything that hasn't been in the show itself (yet) as evidence, "Armed and Ready" everything else I can't really argue against, other than the fact that we don't really know Sun that well seems like a detractor to BS. But again I have a BB bias, so that is a factor in my thinking

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33683537 - 5 days ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

The lack of Sun development is definitely the major factor on why people don't like BS. We are still waiting for something about Sun to come up to where Blake and Sun can actually talk and have Blake learn more about him and his past if he even has anything worthwhile. 

• MichaelHalpe

#33683587 - 5 days ago

Where that is exactly what we got with Yang in vol 2 "Burning the candle"

• lewdadmiral

#33683601 - 5 days ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

And that's ALL we got.  There has been more development with BS over 5 volumes than there ever has been with BB.  Personally I dont think Yang has ANY romantic feelings for anyone.  Her goal to me is to protect and hold onto the family she made for herself, in this case her sister and team mates/friends.  Her own broken family being the catalyst for her protective nature at the cost of her health.  Her journey, while helped by her friends, is a solitary one of finding balance and inner peace.  Her constantly shaking fists, clear signs that her rage, while reigned in, is not totally under control.  I do not see them as PTSD from abandonment and Adam, but rather her rage manifested that her father told her if she can master and control, would be unstoppable.  

Blake's Journey is rather different.  Her goal is to take back an ideal (the White Fang) that she saw twisted and corrupted.  Her journey will require the help of her friends.  After closing herself off for so long and being so independent she needs to learn to lean on her friends and family to achieve her goals. Yang planted the seed of that in Burning the Candle, but it was Sun that nurtured that seed and allowed Blake to grow and rely on him, and in turn others to help her.

One other reason I despise main characters getting together is that they then lose their individuality.  They are no longer team RWBY they are team RW and the lesbian couple.  This goes for all main character couples.  Korra and Asami after that debacle were no longer Korra and Asami they were Korrasami forever after.  Their individual achievements forever shadowed by their choice of mate.  Sun, while a MAJOR character among the ranks of team JNPR, is not one of the MAIN characters, so even is BS becomes a thing it doesn't change the team dynamic.  Ruby is still the annoying adorable little sister, Weiss is still the princess, Yang is still the badass with a left hook from hell, and Blake is the cute cat ninja who happens to have a monkey  boyfriend.  

• MichaelHalpe

#33683629 - 5 days ago

That isn't all we got, after the Mercury fight, who's comforting seemed to matter most to most to Yang and whom was most worried about giving it? Blake, and that is just one example

• lewdadmiral

#33683640 - 5 days ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Sorry but again I think you are seeing romance where there is none.

• MichaelHalpe

#33683667 - 5 days ago

In reply to lewdadmiral

And that is where our biases come into play I know nothing I can say will convince you there is romance in those scenes, or the seeds to it, and the reverse is also true. 

• I-amA_Shark

I-amA_Shark

#33683668 - 5 days ago

can we please address the "I wanted you to look at me that way" line because holy crap the way Illia said it broke my heart.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33683677 - 5 days ago

In reply to sssnlove

Yeah, it does seem that Black Sun is in the lead and is the more likely to happen