Forums > RWBY

RWBY ships

Posts (10221)

• sssnlove

sssnlove

#33683489 - 1 year ago

Don't mind me just placing my BS thoughts here ...

With the way how Sun was introduced i think he was always meant to be by Blake's side; he's usually around whenever the white fang is involved and the white fang is a big part of Blake's character and what shaped her into who she is for both the good and bad. 

In volume one he's the first person Blake opens up to and goes to investigate the white fang with her. 
    He was paired with Blake to investigate the white fang in volume two.
    (not white fang related but they were paired together for the dance too and spent majority of the dance together :3) 
    He goes after Blake because he thought she'd be going after the white fang.
    He's in Menagerie right now supporting Blake with stopping the white fang.
    There's a whole gotdamn song about Sun being there for Blake whenever she runs away or when things get tough

I feel like BS was supposed to be a ship that should've been developed earlier but got pushed back because of plot reasons however they've showed small..small..hints.

Blake hasn't shown any romantic interest in anyone besides Adam or at least acknowledges she had something with him but besides that the only other person she's shown or at least a VERY SMALL little baby interest in was Sun and that'd probably be the blush scene where she looked away trying to fight her growing smile off and blush when he pointed at her....may i also point out not fall in love with you was playing in the background during that scene (; 

Sure Blake and Sun had some rocky times but Blake was going through an understandable hard time, and Sun just wanted nothing more than to help Blake and i don't really see it as him doing this because he likes her (okay maybe that too lmfao) but i think it's just in his nature to go out of his way to help people. They're both learning off of each other which has developed them both a bit...and the longer they spend time away from their teams the closer they're just gonna get. 

I also think people shouldn't sink BS just yet because we don't even know much about Sun and why he acts the way he does, how his life was growing up as a faunus, there was a 'No faunus' sign shown on one of the shops in mistral and makes me wonder how many other places in mistral are like that, why did Sun go to Mistral academy and not Shade academy...i feel like his reasoning could've been similar to Weiss since she could've just gone to Atlas academy but she went to Beacon instead. There's a lot of things that could be said and done with Sun......I feel like the first person Sun is gonna open up to would be Blake if he hasn't already done that with Neptune . 

The only question is. What are they gonna do with Sun when Blake reunites??? Will he go searching for his own team?? or will he stay with Blake and help out Ozpin??? Will he run into SSN at the battle of Haven?? so many possibilities...i'm sure he's gonna be around if it has anything to do with the white fang....but what then....

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33683494 - 1 year ago

In reply to sssnlove

I loved your points and agreed with pretty much everything you pointed out! I'm primarily a BB shipper so I am probably unconsciously biased when I try to compare the two like I did earlier. (Idk if I am, I might not be at all lol) But I loved reading your views as a BS shipper over BB that wasn't outright insane or sketchy!

AKA: I'm a BB shipper, you're a BS shipper, you made sense and I loved it! (Totally not tired or anything XD)

Don't mind me just placing my BS thoughts here ...

With the way how Sun was introduced i think he was always meant to be by Blake's side; he's usually around whenever the white fang is involved and the white fang is a big part of Blake's character and what shaped her into who she is for both the good and bad. 

In volume one he's the first person Blake opens up to and goes to investigate the white fang with her. 
    He was paired with Blake to investigate the white fang in volume two.
    (not white fang related but they were paired together for the dance too and spent majority of the dance together :3) 
    He goes after Blake because he thought she'd be going after the white fang.
    He's in Menagerie right now supporting Blake with stopping the white fang.
    There's a whole gotdamn song about Sun being there for Blake whenever she runs away or when things get tough

I feel like BS was supposed to be a ship that should've been developed earlier but got pushed back because of plot reasons however they've showed small..small..hints.

Blake hasn't shown any romantic interest in anyone besides Adam or at least acknowledges she had something with him but besides that the only other person she's shown or at least a VERY SMALL little baby interest in was Sun and that'd probably be the blush scene where she looked away trying to fight her growing smile off and blush when he pointed at her....may i also point out not fall in love with you was playing in the background during that scene (; 

Sure Blake and Sun had some rocky times but Blake was going through an understandable hard time, and Sun just wanted nothing more than to help Blake and i don't really see it as him doing this because he likes her (okay maybe that too lmfao) but i think it's just in his nature to go out of his way to help people. They're both learning off of each other which has developed them both a bit...and the longer they spend time away from their teams the closer they're just gonna get. 

I also think people shouldn't sink BS just yet because we don't even know much about Sun and why he acts the way he does, how his life was growing up as a faunus, there was a 'No faunus' sign shown on one of the shops in mistral and makes me wonder how many other places in mistral are like that, why did Sun go to Mistral academy and not Shade academy...i feel like his reasoning could've been similar to Weiss since she could've just gone to Atlas academy but she went to Beacon instead. There's a lot of things that could be said and done with Sun......I feel like the first person Sun is gonna open up to would be Blake if he hasn't already done that with Neptune . 

The only question is. What are they gonna do with Sun when Blake reunites??? Will he go searching for his own team?? or will he stay with Blake and help out Ozpin??? Will he run into SSN at the battle of Haven?? so many possibilities...i'm sure he's gonna be around if it has anything to do with the white fang....but what then...

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33683495 - 1 year ago

Off Topic:

But, has anyone else had the problem of trying to change/upload a picture for their profile but can't seem to load any type of image? If that makes sense...

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683514 - 1 year ago

In reply to TheImmoralCookie

See this is what I love about the RWBY shipping community, at least on this forum, we for the most part acknowledge that we are all biased whether we are consciously aware of it or not, thus we prevent things devolving into flame wars

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33683515 - 1 year ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Which is also why I love this particular forum thread. I almost don't go anywhere else on the forums for RWBY. Crazy...need to branch out a bit XD

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683521 - 1 year ago

In reply to sssnlove

Yang has a song that starts about being there for Blake, seeing as we can't use anything that hasn't been in the show itself (yet) as evidence, "Armed and Ready" everything else I can't really argue against, other than the fact that we don't really know Sun that well seems like a detractor to BS. But again I have a BB bias, so that is a factor in my thinking

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33683537 - 1 year ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

The lack of Sun development is definitely the major factor on why people don't like BS. We are still waiting for something about Sun to come up to where Blake and Sun can actually talk and have Blake learn more about him and his past if he even has anything worthwhile. 

• MichaelHalpe

#33683587 - 1 year ago

In reply to TheImmoralCookie

Where that is exactly what we got with Yang in vol 2 "Burning the candle"

• lewdadmiral

lewdadmiral

#33683601 - 1 year ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

And that's ALL we got.  There has been more development with BS over 5 volumes than there ever has been with BB.  Personally I dont think Yang has ANY romantic feelings for anyone.  Her goal to me is to protect and hold onto the family she made for herself, in this case her sister and team mates/friends.  Her own broken family being the catalyst for her protective nature at the cost of her health.  Her journey, while helped by her friends, is a solitary one of finding balance and inner peace.  Her constantly shaking fists, clear signs that her rage, while reigned in, is not totally under control.  I do not see them as PTSD from abandonment and Adam, but rather her rage manifested that her father told her if she can master and control, would be unstoppable.  

Blake's Journey is rather different.  Her goal is to take back an ideal (the White Fang) that she saw twisted and corrupted.  Her journey will require the help of her friends.  After closing herself off for so long and being so independent she needs to learn to lean on her friends and family to achieve her goals. Yang planted the seed of that in Burning the Candle, but it was Sun that nurtured that seed and allowed Blake to grow and rely on him, and in turn others to help her.

One other reason I despise main characters getting together is that they then lose their individuality.  They are no longer team RWBY they are team RW and the lesbian couple.  This goes for all main character couples.  Korra and Asami after that debacle were no longer Korra and Asami they were Korrasami forever after.  Their individual achievements forever shadowed by their choice of mate.  Sun, while a MAJOR character among the ranks of team JNPR, is not one of the MAIN characters, so even is BS becomes a thing it doesn't change the team dynamic.  Ruby is still the annoying adorable little sister, Weiss is still the princess, Yang is still the badass with a left hook from hell, and Blake is the cute cat ninja who happens to have a monkey  boyfriend.  

• MichaelHalpe

#33683629 - 1 year ago

That isn't all we got, after the Mercury fight, who's comforting seemed to matter most to most to Yang and whom was most worried about giving it? Blake, and that is just one example

• lewdadmiral

lewdadmiral

#33683640 - 1 year ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Sorry but again I think you are seeing romance where there is none.

• MichaelHalpe

#33683667 - 1 year ago

In reply to lewdadmiral

And that is where our biases come into play I know nothing I can say will convince you there is romance in those scenes, or the seeds to it, and the reverse is also true. 

• I-amA_Shark

I-amA_Shark

#33683668 - 1 year ago

can we please address the "I wanted you to look at me that way" line because holy crap the way Illia said it broke my heart.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33683677 - 1 year ago

In reply to sssnlove

Yeah, it does seem that Black Sun is in the lead and is the more likely to happen

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33683680 - 1 year ago

In reply to lewdadmiral

Thats the thing! There is no romance between Blake & Sun or Blake & Yang. Neither pair has been developed enough to instill a concrete sense to the viewers (us) that BB or BS is in fact a possibility. We can only go off of their deep friendships for one another and how much each character means to them. Blake means a lot to Yang because of what she said in the latest chapter; maybe even more then what we, the viewers, have already thought; and Sun means a lot to Blake because hes always been there for Blake.

And on the topic of BS being more developed then BB, technically, they are close to even. BS has smaller developments but occur more often; where BB has less development but stronger moments when it does get developed. Even through other characters (Weiss).

If I had to choose, I would say BS is currently more developed then BB, but there so close that it almost doesn't matter.

EDITED:

Not to attack the whole community; but I think a lot of people if not most of the shipping community sometimes forget that in order to have a ship that is successful and mean something to the show's viewers, the ships need a strong initial almost "love at first sight" approach and a very strong friendship early in those two character's particular developments (lets say volume one) that later evolves into being a romantic based friendship or an even deeper friendship/sister/brother relationship between the two characters. Which is why Renora is one of the top ships along with Arkos. Those four already had and began their development early on as characters and have evolved into a deep rooted romanticism. All I see Sun as is a very deep friend to Blake and somewhat of a brotherly figure minus the jokes from time to time that Sun makes. Because his jokes are somewhat...not of the brotherly stature. 

SLIGHTLY EDITED:

Getting back on topic; Blake  & Yang have had to live without each other for a while now; especially after Beacon and Yang's arm and the "trauma" she either has or is somewhat struggling with. When you go from being the best paired team mates to being alone and having to deal with life threatening situations basically without your other half you have grown so close too, it really puts the hurt on Blake and Yang; which is why I think Sun was sent on Blake's journey to support her and make sure she is able to make it back to her team and Yang.

In all honesty, there is so much more depth in Bumblebee then there most likely ever will be with Blacksun. Sun has always been there for Blake and has remained a very close friend to Blake thus far. But I think Blacksun just started way to late in the timeline compared to Bumblebee. I think Sun is the brother Blake never had; and that Yang is what RT is running towards if they wan't to do a ship with Blake in the first place.

But as of now, BB & BS both have deep friendships and all we can judge right now is what will happen when Blake gets back to Yang. Because they have a lot to discuss and if Bumblebee doesn't start showing their true colors, Bumblebee might never get another shot at becoming true lovers. I just don't think Sun can ever be what Yang can and is to Blake. Hes just too Sunny honestly. Sun is too much a brother figure for Blake and unless the scales tip, I don't ever see that changing.

I can't say anything about Yang because we don't know where Blake truly stands with Yang. Which we will find out eventually when they reunite.

ALSO SLIGHTLY EDITED:

So no, from what the viewers can see, there is no romance between Blacksun or Bumblebee; only a deep rooted friendship that resides in Blake for the both of them with Yang being Blake's most trusted partner. She left mostly because of Yang and what happened to Yang! But I just don't see it being possible with Sun. Blake & Sun are in no position to be shipped as of now; and Bumblebee has every possible possibility; but they only have one good shot.

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Sorry but again I think you are seeing romance where there is none.

• lewdadmiral

lewdadmiral

#33683698 - 1 year ago

I would disagree.  Sun and Blake have been hitting all the classic tropes of the couple that will end up together from the moment Sun showed up.  While RWBY is rather original in its storytelling, a Jane Austin novel it is not.  Based on all I have watched I see a big eclipse in the future.

• MichaelHalpe

#33683700 - 1 year ago

In reply to lewdadmiral

Bumblebee is also hitting several tropes, big one is separation 

• sssnlove

sssnlove

#33683701 - 1 year ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

About the Mercury incident:

Yang literally got accused by half of remnant saying she attacked an innocent man and probably labeled her as all sorts of horrible things when she knows she didn't do anything out of line. 

I don't think you know what it's like to be framed because it's the worst feeling in the world, imagine nobody wanting to believe you and accuse you for lying when you know for a fact you're telling the truth.

She felt at least her teammates, people she put all her love and trust in would believe in her, and they did, except Blake, and that's what shocked her. Yang opened up to her and supported her and Blake deadass still had trust issues (which is understandable but Yang still doesn't get it). Even Weiss was shook when Blake hesitated.

I think that's why Yang had such an emotional reaction because it felt like someone she trusted and cared about would ditch her. Not only that she probably blamed herself for letting her team be disqualified over something she believed she did. Yang looked so sad ....which is a side she doesn't show very often. 

• sssnlove

sssnlove

#33683702 - 1 year ago

aaaaa there's so much i want to say but i can't get my thoughts together but i'll say this:

I feel like the difference between BS and BB is that at least with BS there is some mutual interest between the two that could be taken romantically where with BB most of the evidence is all from Yang, Blake hasn't shown any romantic interest in Yang only friendly/sisterly where at least with BS Blake shows us some little interest in Sun  even if it's small it's SOMETHING lol 

I do agree with the major problem with BS is Sun not having any backstory, which makes it seem that his only purpose for being here is because hes Blake's  "love interest" which kind of irritates me because i feel like there's so much more depth to him and that it's just not brought up yet. Sun is so comfortable with himself despite all the discrimination, he's so nice and friendly....i could even imagine him being an orphan growing up but still chooses helps people and put others before himself ....but who knows, after all we don't know why Sun wanted to become a huntsmen 

The only major evidence i see with BB is the burning the candle scene but once again that's all on Yang showing interest, all Blake did was take her advice after Yang having to rough her up a little. 

I don't really see Yang loosing her arm as BB evidence because honestly Yang would've had the same exact reaction had it been Ruby or Weiss hell she might've even jumped in if it were someone from team JNPR. 

Yang being more hurt of Blake leaving than loosing her arm probably ties into her abandonment issues. Yang put all her trust in Blake, she opened up to Blake and tried her best to be there for her, yet all Blake does is run off and push her out even after saying to her teammates she'd be more open with them and wouldn't run away again. Once again people leave Yang to herself, and she even addresses how hurt she gets when people abandon her and makes it clear that she wants no lies or half-truths. She probably feels like she does so much for people yet no one wants to return the favor, Yang is hurting so much and she's the one who constantly has to drag herself out of her depressed state. 

This kind of makes me think of ilia saying Blake being too focused on another to see how much the person who cares so much about her is right in front of her. I feel like Yang could fall into that category. 

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33683703 - 1 year ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

In reply to sssnlove (Not to your recent comment above)

Which is why I believe Blake & Yang have the deepest relationship with the most meaning and impact behind their actions compared to really any other in the show. Just look at what Blake did to Yang after running away! Even when she promised she wouldn't, she was trying to protect Yang and her team from Adam who can easily best (or was able to) best any one of them.

I can't say BB is better then BS because we don't know if RT is going the BB route, but we can prove by facts, that the relationship between Blake & Yang has the most possibility for evolution into a romantic relationship.

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33683708 - 1 year ago

In reply to sssnlove

In reply to this comment (lol); I think actually burning the candle isn't that great of evidence. It was more of a pair development between the two that cannot solidly be taken as BB material as that scene wasn't what it was intended for because of RWBY being in its new stages of production. Think that was volume two or three.

And as for Blake not showing any interest in Yang, Blake has been very closed off and secretive from her friends. I only assume she will open up and start setting things right from here on out when she reunites with her team.

And not to completely disagree with you but I wouldn't say abandonment issues so much as her being lonely. Yes she has Ruby, but even Ruby would have a hard time understanding because she is Yang's sister. If that makes sense lol

Sorry for being so salty. Just kinda tired and I probably don't disagree with you half as much as I probably sound like I do. I really liked the post honestly :)

aaaaa there's so much i want to say but i can't get my thoughts together but i'll say this:

I feel like the difference between BS and BB is that at least with BS there is some mutual interest between the two that could be taken romantically where with BB most of the evidence is all from Yang, Blake hasn't shown any romantic interest in Yang only friendly/sisterly where at least with BS Blake shows us some little interest in Sun  even if it's small it's SOMETHING lol 

I do agree with the major problem with BS is Sun not having any backstory, which makes it seem that his only purpose for being here is because hes Blake's  "love interest" which kind of irritates me because i feel like there's so much more depth to him and that it's just not brought up yet. Sun is so comfortable with himself despite all the discrimination, he's so nice and friendly....i could even imagine him being an orphan growing up but still chooses helps people and put others before himself ....but who knows, after all we don't know why Sun wanted to become a huntsmen 

The only major evidence i see with BB is the burning the candle scene but once again that's all on Yang showing interest, all Blake did was take her advice after Yang having to rough her up a little. 

I don't really see Yang loosing her arm as BB evidence because honestly Yang would've had the same exact reaction had it been Ruby or Weiss hell she might've even jumped in if it were someone from team JNPR. 

Yang being more hurt of Blake leaving than loosing her arm probably ties into her abandonment issues. Yang put all her trust in Blake, she opened up to Blake and tried her best to be there for her, yet all Blake does is run off and push her out even after saying to her teammates she'd be more open with them and wouldn't run away again. Once again people leave Yang to herself, and she even addresses how hurt she gets when people abandon her and makes it clear that she wants no lies or half-truths. She probably feels like she does so much for people yet no one wants to return the favor, Yang is hurting so much and she's the one who constantly has to drag herself out of her depressed state. 

This kind of makes me think of ilia saying Blake being too focused on another to see how much the person who cares so much about her is right in front of her. I feel like Yang could fall into that category. 

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33683709 - 1 year ago

Sorry for all the saltyness tonight!!! I need meh sleep XD

• sssnlove

sssnlove

#33683715 - 1 year ago

In reply to TheImmoralCookie (to the first comment)

I do agree and could see BB evolving into something really deep and meaningful but that's all on Blake. It's hard to justify on Yang's feeling being romantic or platonic because they could go either way but i could definitely see her developing romantic feelings for her if Blake started being there for her and supporting her more. 

Right now Yang definitely needs someone to be there for her; Yang looks like she's becoming more and more emotionally unstable and needs someone to open up to, there's Ruby but....I think Ruby would be pretty awkward with this sort of stuff...ofc she loves Yang and would do anything for her but i think Ruby probably has problems expressing the deep stuff and would be scared of upsetting Yang.

Yang is usually the one to support Ruby and be the mom of the group so it's probably weird for her to have the roles reversed; hence not wanting to talk about Blake and be passive towards the topic because it's something that has affected her greatly. 

My girl Weiss out here opening my eyes to Freezerburn tho LOL 

Blake better come home fast otherwise Yang is probably gonna become more distant with her. 

But anyways yeah, BB does have potential and could be beautifully written and could even have a relationship similar to what Pyrrah and Jaune had but it's all on how Blake (and even Yang) deal with the situation and ofc RT.  

Blake and Yang need to TALK. A full deep private talk about everything. Blake needs to explain herself fully i'm glad at least Weiss touched up on it but Yang needs to hear this from Blake herself and Blake needs to hear the full story on Yang and why Yang is so angry with her. With this, BB could have a smooth sail. 

• sssnlove

sssnlove

#33683716 - 1 year ago

In reply to TheImmoralCookie with the current comment

OH IT'S FINE LMAO

You are the first BB shipper i've come across who actually says the burning the candle scene was weak because this is literally the first thing almost every BB shipper jumps to when it comes to evidence for this ship so i'm surprised; and don't worry i'm very open when it comes to criticism so i've never taken anything you've said as salty (;

And i totally get you with Yang and Ruby being awkward about opening up on certain things because of them being siblings

Burning the candles was the first we've learned anything about Yang when it comes to her backstory so that scene could also be seen as building on Yang's character since after volume one we've mostly only learned about Weiss and Blake. 

• MichaelHalpe

#33683723 - 1 year ago

In reply to sssnlove

To be fair with burning the candle, it was the first "major" BB scene and the scene in question ended with what sounded like a very ship centric pun..