Forums > RWBY

RWBY ships

Posts (10115)

• lewdadmiral

lewdadmiral FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33692893 - 8 months ago

I'm more concerned about the RWBYRW of episode eleven.  When they said if Jaune's semblance is some form of healing and how much that is going to mess with him.

• CloudedSun

CloudedSun

#33692932 - 8 months ago

Hold up, anyone want to point out the fact that the Spring Maiden is using Ice? I understand the Fall Maiden using fire (but even that I think should be summer...) but... hoooowwwwwww?

I wouldn't be saying anything if it didn't look exclusive, but Cinder up until this point exclusively used one element, and now Raven has as well.

I'm calling the fact that Raven's gonna let Yang kill her.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33693012 - 8 months ago

So the BB reunion happened, and Ruby interrupted it before anything "conclusive"

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33693041 - 8 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Very unlikely anything conclusive would of really happened, at least not what you or some other BB fans would of liked, or maybe it would be as you’d try to twist it as meaning more then it really would. 

Now I’ll admit there’s a chance something conclusive could happen that would mean something for the ship without you and others needing to twist it, but really the chance of that is not so likely, I’d say about 20% chance at most for it to end up going a way BB’s shippers really want.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33693048 - 8 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

Please stop saying we need to twist it, there are multiple possible interpretations without changing what happened as it were, twisting implies we are trying to change what happened.

as to conclusive, think more on the lines of a definite raising of the anchor, maybe not quite opening the sails, at least not full mast, is what I am thinking.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33693064 - 8 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Interpreting or twisting, whatever, you do so in a way to have a scene mean something that benefits your want despite how unlikely it is for it to mean such, this goes for many fans of several different ships. I go off the facts, and what things most likely mean for my argument, I do my best to be objective and compare scenes to others that are very similar to reach my conclusions. Which is why I’ve come to see what you and others view about certain scenes as not so likely to be how you choose to see them as.

Though I do not roll out the possiblity, which is why I only consider them very unlikely and not impossible, so perhaps the anchor will he raised for BB, but depending on how it goes it could be very true or only subjectively viewed that way to you and other BB fans.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33693071 - 8 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Now this is the last I’ll say about the whole BB thing, debates about practically anything, is like an argument in the court, you need to present the facts without subjective views clouding the truth. If you allow your views and wants to blind you in the discussion, then you’ll just be beating a dead horse and going around in circles with your argument. Until the other side calls you out on it and uses the facts they present to end the trial in their favor. Twisting the truth with you’re own views only hurts any credibility you’d have and just makes the opposing side look better. When it comes down to it, any evidence for BB is purely subjective, unlike Black Sun which has objective evidence for it.

• MichaelHalpe

#33693072 - 8 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

I try to be more objective, honestly I do, just sometimes it feels regardless I am talking at a wall of negativity unless other BB shippers are in the chat

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33693074 - 8 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Well when it comes to a ship like BB, there is no objective evidence which is why there is that negative wall unless others are BB fans, because wether they want to or not fans of certain ships will almost always be subjective. And at times they may not even realize it since they believe their view so much they can treat it like fact, especially when around others that think the same, and so being objective would be difficult if you get to comfortable being around others of a similar viewpoint. A negative wall will always be there waiting to appear if someone isn’t being subjective. or at least not being subjective towards what you are.

• MichaelHalpe

#33693087 - 8 months ago

There isn't objective evidence for any Blake ship, 

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33693091 - 8 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

There actually is, though it was 2 volumes ago, there was still something for the Black Sun ship which was Blake blushing and smiling from Sun winking and pointing at her after his teams match. Arguable I suppose if it means anything now, but still that moment is objective evidence that Blake at least had some level of romantic feelings for Sun at that time in volume 3, which could still be there and if so most likely has grown but taken a back seat to what she’s been going through and her current goal.

• MichaelHalpe

#33693092 - 8 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

This volume there was "what if i needed her here for me"

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33693093 - 8 months ago

Even more pointing toward the start of the White Knight shipping

• MichaelHalpe

#33693095 - 8 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Maybe, but again that was combat and Weiss being Weiss...

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33693098 - 8 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Yes, but that is subjective on wether or not it means anything for Yang having romantic feelings for Blake, not objective like with Sun and that moment from Blake in V3 and even if it was meant to show such, it means nothing from Blake’s side. 

• MichaelHalpe

#33693100 - 8 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

Blake internalizes a lot so it doesn't make sense for her to show as much objectively. I mean she is definitely a little bit of an introvert most of the time. 

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33693107 - 8 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

That is quite true usually, and so until we get something from Blake concerning what she feels towards Yang, Black Sun and Blake having feelings for Sun objectively has more evidence. 

So yeah when it comes to Blake ships, Black Sun is quite clearly and objectively, more likely to happen with what we have so far.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33693108 - 8 months ago

The way Weiss looked at Jaune in the new episode, this really could be the start of the White Knight shipping

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33693109 - 8 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Eh, probably, but as much as I want White Knight to happen I honestly don’t really see that moment as meaning anything. Now moments between them afterwords could mean a start for it, we just need to wait and see.

• MichaelHalpe

#33693116 - 8 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

One blush doesn't make things clear, in addition if they WERE to go with Black Sun, they missed a golden moment at the end of vol 5 episode 10, Sun had quite a bit of a "hero moment" in that episode, I feel the fact that they DIDN'T use the aftermath for Black Sun is likely telling.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33693118 - 8 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

That’s why I said some level of romantic feelings, as I doubt she’d blush from just anyone she knows doing that so it meant something. And no that is not likely telling, they were focusing on Blake’s arc, not her romantic life, so again there not being a moment between them isn’t really telling.

• MichaelHalpe

#33693120 - 8 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

I said likely, not necessarily, of course the blush could just be embarrassment, but I will try and avoid that kind of argument, as always there is a lot of hinting that both Sun and Yang 'like' Blake, with Yang the scenes are generally more heavy hitting, with Blake, even the most "with the feels" moments one way or another are right on the line between deep friendship and romantic, and generally those moments are at least indirectly connected to Yang, 

• BB-Corps

BB-Corps

#33693121 - 8 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

Tbh the whole Blake blushing was more of a sign of embarrassment of being pointed out in a huge crowd. Blake was a very shy person at that point, preferring to keep to herself, so to be singled out by Sun on the big screen for everyone to see made her super embarrassed.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33693123 - 8 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

The hinting from Sun liking Blake is a lot more clear, while with Yang it is very subjective, and all those moments...I suppose can be argued on that line.

In reply to Ramlethality

Kinda doubt  that being it, given how she reacted especially, both smiling and playfully saying ‘emphasis on dork’, it doesn’t come off as embarrassment well at least not merely that. Embarrassment could of very well played apart in why she blushed but it seems to be more then just that, if it was merely embarrassment then it’d mean that if anyone did such she’d react that way, but I doubt that if anyone else she knew signaled her out the way Sun did, she’d of reacted like that. Again, I compare scenes to from other shows a lot to reach my objective conclusions, and in ones like this one it’s practically always with the person blushing, reacting like so cause they like and/or are attracted to the other person.

I’m just gonna say this, for people to deny this meaning anything for Blake’s feelings towards Sun is honestly rather dumb. It’s clear it was meant to mean something and isn’t merely a subjective view from Black Sun fans, unlike BB moments which are all purely subjective with what they mean. I’m sorry if I’m coming off as a bit rude, but people still trying to argue against this is just plain annoying.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33693125 - 8 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

Yeah. But, one moment in the finale would be enough for now