Forums > RWBY

What If: RWBY Movie

Posts (30)

• TConard1995

TConard1995 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Animation Student

#33251982 - 11 months ago

This thread is to discuss the many potential ideas of a RWBY Movie (No, not a complete collection of all the episodes of one season), but an original RWBY Movie, with an original plot revolving around Team RWBY, original characters, and an original villain who has goals of conquering Remnant. Let's share some ideas, people! And let's hope that Kerry, Miles, Gray, and all of Rooster Teeth see what the community can come up with!

• Zygerria

Zygerria FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33253538 - 11 months ago

I think it might be a cool idea. They could do something like they did with Grimm Eclipse. Introduce a new villain, and have the movie be relatively separate from the show, almost like a elongated episode. They could obviously do tie ins with the show, but I feel like it would work better if it was independent to a degree.

Also I think it would work best animated. That would be sufficient to keep fans of the show happy. Although I don't know how deep Rooster Teeth's connection is with Warner Bros. (since WB Japan is broadcasting it to Japan). Live action probably wouldn't work with a RWBY movie unless they got some big help from outside companies. I think overall keeping it animated with the original cast would work best.

But that's just an idea.

• TConard1995

TConard1995 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Animation Student

#33254075 - 11 months ago

I agree. If Rooster Teeth ever does a RWBY Movie, I'd love to see it separated from the show, much like Grimm Eclipse was. Having movies independent from their show roots could definitely make things much more interesting. Yes, tie-ins with the show could work with the plot, but they shouldn't add so much, so that there is a sense of originality to the movie.

And I'm not sure how deep the connection is, but if they're partners with Warner Bros, we could expect a pretty big reveal in theaters, as well as a worldwide release of the movie. I want to see it animated too, because I've been so used to that animated style. Additional props to the animators if they make it look very detailed (as in lots of shading, and detail to clothes).

In reply to Zygerria

• TConard1995

#33254339 - 11 months ago

In reply to Afr0

Oh yeah, I watched Evangelion (both original, as well as the remade movies [1.11, 2.22, and 3.33]), and it's a perfect example of said subject. Also, that gif... I couldn't help but laugh at it so hard. xD

But getting back onto the topic at hand, I want to hope that a RWBY Movie becomes a possibility in the near future. I don't know if everyone's already thought about it, but we've had three season/volumes of RWBY, and a game, I think it's about time that we got a full-length RWBY Movie!

• TConard1995

#33254341 - 11 months ago

Also, I looked a little into some things that Warner Bros. has done, and I think the possibility of Warner Bros. distributing and producing a RWBY film is pretty good. I mean, think about Summer Wars, that was produced by both Madhouse and Warner Bros. and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33254360 - 11 months ago

You know what? As much as I'd like to see a movie where they expand the current story, I'd love even more one about the war.

• TConard1995

#33254506 - 11 months ago

Oh yeah, that would be an interesting concept. See a spin-off about the great war that's mentioned so much in the show.

In reply to FettucCR

• TConard1995

#33254509 - 11 months ago

Yeah, a conclusion movie would be awesome, but think about original ideas and concepts that some of the people at Rooster Teeth may have, including Miles, Kerry, and Gray. I'm sure they all have some creative thoughts and ideas they'd like to see for RWBY. I know they'll stick with Monty's ideas for the volumes, but I'm sure they would want to create something fresh for the world of Remnant. I want to believe that they could create films that take place between all of the volumes, I mean, a lot of them take place at varying spans across the series, so why not?

In reply to Afr0

• TheG33kymonk

TheG33kymonk The Idiot

#33254682 - 11 months ago

what if the movie is like a prequel about team STRQ from their time to the formation of the team as students to somewhere near the beginning of volume 1 as we know them now? I think it would give better ideas and perspective on their past. I think this would fit the idea of series better than the movie but just giving my thought on the subject.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33254701 - 11 months ago

In reply to TheG33kymonk

That would work, too.

• TConard1995

#33254920 - 11 months ago

Little off topic, but if RTA could, what if they did something on the Silver-Eyed Warriors? We've only heard Qrow mention it once, and it'd make for an interesting story. What happened to these warriors? Where did they go? What was their fate?

• Zygerria

Zygerria FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33255334 - 11 months ago

Since Monty wrote up to so many seasons, I don't know if they plan on doing to RWBY like what they're doing with RvB right now. If that's the case they could have so many options with possible movie ideas.

• TConard1995

#33255489 - 11 months ago

I would imagine so too, yeah. They probably have so many ideas for a RWBY movie, they're just waiting for the right time to announce it.

• Zygerria

#33255912 - 11 months ago

In reply to TConard1995

Well if you figure Volume 4 airs this fall, and Monty had roughly 9 seasons planned (and for this let's assume that volume 9 is the end of the official storyline), volume 9 would air (roughly) around the year 2020-2021 or so, assuming they don't hit any roadblocks in production. So unless they want a movie in between volumes, they have a lot of time to plan for it.

• Zygerria

#33255942 - 11 months ago

In reply to Afr0

Oh don't get me wrong, that would be amazing too. The cool thing about a show like this is that there are a metric boat-load of things one could do.

• TheG33kymonk

TheG33kymonk The Idiot

#33255995 - 11 months ago

Maybe they might expand the series to more than 9 seasons by doing something like RvB season 14 and show things before the start of RWBY

• TConard1995

#33257993 - 11 months ago

I could imagine that happening. Going back to the origins of RWBY.

In reply to TheG33kymonk

• TConard1995

#33257995 - 11 months ago

So, we've seen a movie idea about STRQ, spanning from their formation to the beginning of Volume 1, and a potential end-series movie, but do we have any potential ideas about a movie that could take place between any of the volumes?

• Zygerria

#33258696 - 11 months ago

Honestly with the exception of prequel and ending movie, I think we'd have to wait and see what the future volumes bring. I think it's too early to talk about in between volumes because we aren't really sure about what is going to happen. Maybe in the future they might be able to do something about what happened in between volumes 3 and 4, or something like that. But I think since we're still too early in the upcoming storyline there's not much to go on.

• TheG33kymonk

TheG33kymonk The Idiot

#33258800 - 11 months ago

In reply to Zygerria

All we can do is wait and think.

• TriNeX

TriNeX

#33266044 - 10 months ago

In reply to TheG33kymonk

In reply to Zygerria

All we can do is wait and think.

Bad news son, North Korea just declared war. There might not be any more future RWBY volumes if that stuff escalates.

• TConard1995

#33266061 - 10 months ago

In reply to TriNeX

Ummmm... Pardon me, but what does North Korea going to war have to do with RWBY?

• TheG33kymonk

TheG33kymonk The Idiot

#33266251 - 10 months ago

In reply to TConard1995

I think he means production and such will be paused for the time being while the war is being going or we are going to nuked.

• TriNeX

TriNeX

#33266522 - 10 months ago

In reply to TConard1995

War affects our everyday stuff. And that includes anime.

• spulvire

spulvire FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33267107 - 10 months ago

If you wanted to do a movie with team RWBY you could easily do something along the lines of what animes do, just keep it out of the canon. Most anime films are either explained away, or just simply ignored in the main universe of the series.

The perfect example is Naruto. Almost every film Naruto unlocks a new form/style of his signature attack, Rasengan, in order to defeat the movie’s villain. These moves are never used in the manga or anime, nor are the adventures ever brought up.

Another great idea could be a Pyrrha Nikos solo film. Pyrrha is a well-known fighter, but is also one of the most compassionate, gentle people in Remnant. I’d love to see what made her decide to become a Huntress. Something had to of happened.